Security Pins

iomoo

Guest h0w_cute*

theyre usually taken off with magnets (a strong one). it really depends on what type. either you can just apply a magnet and remove it, or you need a clamp too

I find it weird how you can buy clothes and not notice such a security attachment on the piece you're holding when you check out.

Anyways, I wouldn't know what to do other than returning to the store and having it removed.

IMO, this thread is also indirectly? promoting a 'how to get away with stealing' method by asking for advice on how to get rid of security devices from stores.

Guest daniirawrr

if its an ink tag stick it in the freezer to freeze the ink then use pliers to cut the needle part.

you can also use a lighter to heat the female part(the part the needle goes into) but you risk the ink bursting open and ruining your clothes.

tbh..i think you should just double-check all your stuff is decensored before you leave the stores since it happens so often to you. asking how to do it at home isnt the best thing..i work retail and this is not directed at you, but it definitely promotes stealing when some other people who arent as honest see these tips and tricks.

also, i'm not sure why these censors didnt go off at the door?..or did you not hear them go off? a&f and nordstrom both have censors that go off at the doors, if not their own, other stores too..not just for decoration x_X

on top of that, i'd call the store managers or corporate or something n complain about how crappy their workers are for not removing censors that often.

Thanks for the tips, everyone.

Well, there's a police man/security gaurd who stands right at the inside front of the store (near the shopping carts.)

I'm surprised he didn't hear it either.

I've decided to not take it off myself, but when I go back I am going to complain to them.

Guest traciebo0ox3

the same thing happened to me once. i dont remember clearly, but my aunt either use a screwdriver or a knife to screw it/flip it off. it must be annoying driving back and forth to have it removed >< mayb u should check from now on if they removed it for you :P

Guest nobody knows

if it's the ink ones, put it in the freezer for the ink to freeze, then use a hammer to break it off or something

should work (?)

Guest NEYUGN93

Besides trying to attempt to take them off, why don't you just check for them before to leave the store? Its not that hard. And besides, don't the cashiers take them off in front of you ? It doesn't hurt to watch them and if they didn't remove it, you tell them.

Archived