Superstar K Winner, Seo In Gook [서인국]

baoi

class="subject"‘The King’s Face’ Seo In Guk – The rediscovery of ‘The Prince of Cable TV’ OSEN | 2015.02.06 07:07
last updated | 2015.02.06 11:44
201502060556775666_54d3dcdc67388_99_2015

[OSEN=Lee Ji Young] ‘The King’s Face’ left regrets with low viewing ratings compared to the issues at the first part of its broadcast. However, ‘The King’s Face’ was a sufficiently meaningful drama that rediscovered actor Seo In Guk. Seo In Guk showed sufficient potential through this drama although it was the first time for him to film a historical drama, making audiences expect for his next piece.

KBS Wed-Thu drama ‘The King’s Face’ is a drama that depicted the process of Gwanghae, who gets threatened with dethronement and death for 16 years after becoming the crown prince from being a child of a concubine, becoming a king after overcoming his fate with physiognomy.

Seo In Guk acted Gwanghae enthusiastically in this drama. Seo In Guk that debuted as an actor through tvN drama, ‘Reply 1997’ built up his filmography as an actor by appearing in SBS ‘Master’s Sun’ and tvN ‘High School King of Savvy’. Especially, he has a nickname as ‘The Prince of Cable TV’ since he acted really well in dramas that were broadcasted on cable TVs after debuting in a cable TV audition program. 

There were worries on the casting of Seo In Guk before ‘The King’s Face’ was broadcasted. People worried whether he could act Gwanghae that is a weighty role since he did not debut as an actor in the first place and it was the first time for him to act in a historical drama. However, Seo In Guk was the right one for ‘The King’s Face’ after it was broadcasted.

He digested the fair and cold Gwanghae by showing charismatic image that did not yield to stubborn Seonjo that was acted by Lee Sung Jae. He perfectly acted his lines although it was the first time for him to act in a historical drama and attracted audience’s attention with fierce emotional scenes.

It was the moment for revaluating him who had been commented such as “He performs dialects quite well since he’s from Ulsan,” and “He could digest those roles since it’s a modern drama.” Actor Seo In Guk was rediscovered through ‘The King’s Face’, which also was a drama that made audiences look forward to this guy’s future as an actor.

bonbon@osen.co.kr

<Picture> Screen captured from 'The King’s Face'

[Copyright ⓒ OSEN 무단전재 및 재배포 금지]

http://m.star.naver.com/seoinguk/news/end?id=4431645

He climbs step by step into the famous one. I agree with the video above made by fans which translated by @seungshinl (thanks to you), he become a big star. For the one who doubt with his talents, the reason why you can not see it that he shines too bright for your eyes...

That Seo In Guk never seems to forget to have fun on the set.  Even in very serious scenes like when he was saying he would not think about Ga Hee anymore, this is what he was doing off camera !
VKHXbSC.gif

cQWWmtl.gif

For more behind the scene photos here is the article
http://news.naver.com/main/read.nhn?mode=LSD&mid=sec&sid1=106&oid=420&aid=0000001794

Edit:  There is a lot of interesting and fun tid bits in this article.  One of them is the gloves he is wearing toward the end.  SIG improvised those gloves to keep warm but able to turn the pages on the Script on the set.  He is known as a 'practice bug'.  
It is mentioned here that he does these crazy moves to stay relaxed.
Also notice that the date of the autograph he gives to a fan after the good bye scene with Ga Hee in the Korean Folk Village is February 4th.  The article says he was going back to Ansung studio for more scenes.  The Korean drama schedule is once again insane.

• Like 1

I agree this is a great show BUT it needs to be translated and subbed...........

I must say I wasn't too keen on how Jung Eun Ji talks about Seo In Guk here.   In many interviews where she gets asked about whether there is some romantic thing going on between her and SIG, he usually jokes or laughs it off but she makes it clear she doesn't like him that much.  More so on this show and it has bothered me.  May be because she is so much younger than SIG she doesn't know how to just deflect the question more diplomatically.

I think its also because shes the member of a girl group and therefore is way more careful, especially after in guk 'expressed his interest' in her

Guest asmaraseo

oh my god, @seungshinl, so trueeee!!!! yet so funnyyy!!!!
"annoyed" and "frustated" haha yes yes yes! please then tell me chingu how can we deal with this feeling? ach...

thank god we have those beautiful vostro pics!!! so refreshing and so full of youth and positive spirit!!! woahhh i felt like walking down the river enjoying the summer with in guk haha great pics, in guk! hope this brings you more CFs! :x :x :x