Songs You Absolutely Hate

Guest cathylovee

Guest lixinxin

lol firework is actually a real word...so....whatchyu talkin bout? fireworks are those things that you shoot in the sky and they explode and make pretty patterns. those things you set off on new year's? or those things you watch when you go to Disney? the stuff in the sky? the sparkly explosions? yeahhhh. haha

and....weren't both Knock Out and I Am the Best HUGE hits?

Facts are indisputable, but popularity isn't everything. Didn't your parents ever teach you that?

I was born and bred to have certain predispositions (commonly known as likes and dislikes). I have the privilege of expressing that. Besides, it's not like I hate BB and 21 (well, I'm not a BB fan but I do tend to rage around when people disparage 21).

Nobody says, "firework." Technically, I guess you could try to argue that a firework is a device for producing fireworks, but I think KP meant, "Each person is a display caused by the combustion of explosive or flammable compositions in a single firework shell." When I watched the music video, I didn't see any firework shells, only aerial fireworks superimposed on individual people (courtesy of some cheesy CG effects). She was trying to singular-ize the plural term that refers to the flashy display, but there is no singular form; therefore, her usage of "firework" is incorrect.

Even though the plural form of "goose" is "geese", the plural form of "moose" is not "meese": same deal (in reverse) for "fireworks".

Or even better, take the word "fish" for an example. "Fish" can be singular or plural. The plural form "fishes" is also used, but the rule of thumb is to say, "fish," unless you're talking about different species of fish. Examples: "Many fishes, including rockfish and sheephead, and can be seen in the aquarium." "I caught a lot of fish last weekend." Just as for "fishes", incorrect usage of "firework" be incorrect.

People should think before adding or taking away that -s/-es, especially in a society in which the ability to communicate accurately is the most valuable skill a member can have.

5 percent extra credit to anyone who can diagram that last sentence correctly. LINGUISTICS FOR THE WIN

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest izzatyhaeyoung

Mr Simple. Goshhh pls I can't hear their voice coz the music were TOO catchy till the points I turned off my radio.

Guest ~Veronica~

All SNSD songs !

I don't like SNSD songs just because they're gougeous young women and in their songs they beg to guys they like to just look at them. It's not as they shouldn't sing about to fall in love but it doesn't seem right to beg for love ._.

.___. man all the people who are saying these "hook songs" are repetitive, just don't listen to hook songs then

I'm usually really lenient with my music criticisms but I listened to DOUBLE's album the other day

and had this extreme urge to clean my ears, or smash my speakers, and it wasn't even really

her genre of music that I don't like or the song per say but her VOICE. my goodness it was worse

than nails on a chalkboard, miley cyrus? selena gomez? those voices, no matter how gritty or sub par I can handle

but DOUBLE's singing is so exaggerated and over the top, I basically couldn't stand any of the songs on her album

except for the one that featured shota shimizu

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Myss Blewm

F**KING PARTY ROCK ANTHEM D:<

*ahem* Amen. Pretty much any music coming from LMFAO is like a dull pencil being pushed deeper and deeper into my skull and my ears. And there is nothing I can do but cry in agony.

i do not  like ANY of Kings of Leon's songs.. 

I honestly thought I was the lone person in the world who did not see how "great" Kings of Leon's music was. Their music has always rubbed me the wrong way and every time I hear any of their music I feel an urge to scream in frustration. I don't know why either. I just don't like their sound, I guess.

also,anything by glee

i can't bring myself to like anything they cover

it just ruins everything for me

i hate glee ok no offense to fans

I agree so much.

I can't stand any of Katy Perry's music. I can't stand Katy Perry, really. She's vapid and untalented and the only reason she has a career is because she works with very talented producers who find ways to hide or distract us from her awful voice.

I can't stand anything Justin Beiber comes out with.

I generally am tired of Rihanna's music. It's not to say I hate her or her music. I'm just tired of hearing her music since I hear it everywhere.

"Someone Like You" by Adele. The first two times I thought it was a great song, but by the third (and so on) I just couldn't stand it.

"Tonight, Tonight" by Hot Chil Rae or whatever they're called. OH MY GOSH I hate this song.

"Without You" by David Guetta ft. Usher. But then again, I hate David Guetta and his pretentious bull that is supposed to be "party music".

"Stereo Hearts" by Gym Class Heroes ft. Adam Levine. I hate Maroon 5. Why did the lead singer and his stupid band have to become relevant again? Why do the Gym Class Heroes need to be relevant again as well? Although, I probably just kind of find GCH's music a bit annoying at times, whereas I can't stand anything where I can hear Adam Levine's voice or see his face.

"Moves Like Jagger" by Maroon 5. Yeah, already went over that.

Long story short, I want to like a lot of the popular stuff, and there are some songs/artists I do like, but for the most part, I can't stand them.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest 12stilettos.

SNSD is a pretty talented group, it's just that SME continues to give them songs which underwhelm their capabilities. It's irritating, when they can do so much more but are being restrained by songs with unnecessary rhymes that don't even make sense at all.

I have to say that I dislike most of their songs, with the exception of the ones they released in Japan. I hope SME will be able to give them the proper material....-.- 

Same with 2ne1. I don't have much enthusiasm with their songs. Their music sounds like Big Bang throwaways, and some of them are  outtakes of what BB already released. It doesn't mean they're not talented though. They have their respective tone of capabilities but what bothers me the most is when some delusional people say that 2ne1's music is so original and such. Doing reggae without having Jamaican roots is not being original. What do Koreans know about Rastafarian culture?

:mellow:

• 2 weeks later...
Guest BossCharisma

SNSD is a pretty talented group, it's just that SME continues to give them songs which underwhelm their capabilities. It's irritating, when they can do so much more but are being restrained by songs with unnecessary rhymes that don't even make sense at all.

I have to say that I dislike most of their songs, with the exception of the ones they released in Japan. I hope SME will be able to give them the proper material....-.- 

Same with 2ne1. I don't have much enthusiasm with their songs. Their music sounds like Big Bang throwaways, and some of them are  outtakes of what BB already released. It doesn't mean they're not talented though. They have their respective tone of capabilities but what bothers me the most is when some delusional people say that 2ne1's music is so original and such. Doing reggae without having Jamaican roots is not being original. What do Koreans know about Rastafarian culture?

:mellow:

Exactly.

--

Vanessa Hudgens' voice is irritating so her songs are the ones I hate at the moment.

Guest itrayya

para para para para dise... uh... uh.... uh... para para para dise... uh...uh.. ooohhh ohhhhh....

soooo annoooooying!!!!!

that song is by Coldplay incase some of you haven't heard it.

Super Junior's title tracks are ugh, A-Cha and Mr. Simple are EVERYWHERE i can't stand it

LMFAO's songs

Justin Bieber's Baby Baby

Selena Gomez's songs

i can't stand any song from Glee - you know, that thing they did to smooth out the singers' voices are so annoying

Guest HyoyeonFan27

*ahem* Amen. Pretty much any music coming from LMFAO is like a dull pencil being pushed deeper and deeper into my skull and my ears. And there is nothing I can do but cry in agony.

Finally someone who think the same as I do about LMFAO. Them and Pitbull suck tremendiously.

I'm a huge fan of SNSD and I like almost all of their songs, but I have to agree with you on this comment. That Diamond song sounds weird :mellow:,the eng.ver of The Boys doesn't make sense at all, and a couple other songs are that way too. And just to add on to this comment, you know how you can tell the difference between a break-up song and a love song. With SNSD, if you don't look at english lyrics, you'll get the wrong interpretatiion of the song from just how it sounds, atleast just imo. For example, like Into the New World, and Girls Generation, and a couple other songs that I can recall, are just about being in love with a stupid boy :rolleyes:  , when I thought both of those songs were about "girl power".

Guest BossCharisma

Anything by Nicki Minaj...Her music has turned into crap...arghh..

What an abomination in the music industry.

john tesh ROMAN HOLIDAY!

Anything with Snoop Dogg in it...

I actually really liked 2NE1's music during their I Don't Care promotions. I remember liking everything on the mini album and would follow their promotion rounds and what not. After that... Their music pretty much went down hill and I got annoyed with every song -______-

Archived