Show Off Your Keitai's Thread!

kerpao

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest animezsuki

Don't get it from kyoto-exports. My item did not arrived. And it was labeled as "damaged" or content missing. Now I have to wait for investigation and all those crap. But I demanded for refund if I still don't hear from them in 2 weeks.

Guest zerox678

Don't get it from kyoto-exports. My item did not arrived. And it was labeled as "damaged" or content missing. Now I have to wait for investigation and all those crap. But I demanded for refund if I still don't hear from them in 2 weeks.

I have a red SH07B, btw do not bother wanting a white SH07B, it just looks bad period. Its not the regular Sharp White, Its like a silver not white. I guess PM me when your not broke?

Got my SH-07B today. It's used, got it for $383, so it has a few scratches but they're really unnoticeable. This is a great phone, I love it. <3

07b03.jpg

07b04.jpg

07b6.jpg

07b8.jpg

07b12.jpg

07b13.jpg

07b4.jpg

07b11.jpg

^ Lol my F906i, SH-07B, and GD580. xD

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Kneekayy

:] here's my phone! it's a docomo sh-03a. barley any scratches besides the small one on the side.

i'm actually selling it too LOL! :} if anyones interested message me with an offer :] ! i'm pretty negotiable!

68739gc_20.jpg

6517k6e_20.jpg

32105hb_20.jpg

347738l_20.jpg

56517ld_20.jpg

9069eid_20.jpg

9034g0g_20.jpg

Guest tirahbunny

zerox678 had one for a while, but sold it about a year ago, he can probably get one from china, but its got that pain in the richard simmons multimedia unlock

Whats a multimedia lock??

Well someone messaged me and said theyre selling a used black one but i have no idea about the pricing on these phones and i actually really wanted pink or white

well only texting and calls will work with it with a hypersim, unless its multimedia unlocked, and even there are strict rules to follow. Its not worth it at all.

Things like music, movie playing, camera, some basic features wont work without authentication with the softbank sim card. If its really cheap like cheap price then its not a problem to use as a calling and texting, but I wouldnt spend extra money on it just because of the multimedia unlock.

Its like this to prevent or make difficult the export of softbank phones, they cracked down on it after the 903sh/904sh era.

Guest tirahbunny

well only texting and calls will work with it with a hypersim, unless its multimedia unlocked, and even there are strict rules to follow. Its not worth it at all.

Things like music, movie playing, camera, some basic features wont work without authentication with the softbank sim card. If its really cheap like cheap price then its not a problem to use as a calling and texting, but I wouldnt spend extra money on it just because of the multimedia unlock.

Its like this to prevent or make difficult the export of softbank phones, they cracked down on it after the 903sh/904sh era.

ahh i see. well that sucks!!!!! I'm going to to lowball them at first, though im not good at bargaining but i am not looking to spend more than $200 O.o

it's sad how we don't get cool phones like these, why must they be so selfish and keep it to themselves!!!! lol

200 is a lot...100 or less honestly just b/c of the multimedia unlock, winter 2008 phone so its getting up there in age. If it already has the multimedia unlock applied to it and comes with a hypersim, then maybe a little more since its similar to the 920sh unlock, but its still annoying thing to live with. I had no issues for 6months until I went to the att store to get a new sim card and it was faulty so it locked the phone up and only calls/sms worked. Ironically, ionnuke locked his right after I did and we pretty much gave up dealing with those locks.

Noob question, but why are these phones so expensive to buy? I've had a look at the specs, but they don't seem "outstanding".

Do you only pay the price for the brag-factor in having the phone? 

thats the full price that only noobs pay, honestly its much easier to wait or look around for a deal get one. I think maybe twice I've paid full price for one. Most of the prices I've paid were what I think good deals, and well below most of what the going prices are on ebay.

Guest IonNuke

ahh i see. well that sucks!!!!! I'm going to to lowball them at first, though im not good at bargaining but i am not looking to spend more than $200 O.o

it's sad how we don't get cool phones like these, why must they be so selfish and keep it to themselves!!!! lol

Yeah I would lowball for 100.... Since you'll be pounding away money for the MM unlock in the event you decide that you want to add your own ringtones or even use the camera for that matter.

Noob question, but why are these phones so expensive to buy? I've had a look at the specs, but they don't seem "outstanding".

Do you only pay the price for the brag-factor in having the phone? 

These phones aren't subsidized when they're sold and they are only available in 1 place on earth unless they were previously exported to another country. The specs I guess are meh. Some of the older ones are but back when they were first on the market, no one phones carried the specs that they had.

Granted some of the smartphones today have larger sized screens than the keitais but you look at the top 3 keitais with Sony implimention their BRAVIA LCD technology, Panasonic uses their VIERA LCDs in their phones and of course Sharp uses their AQUOS tech. Those LCDs in the phones have 2000:1 contrast ratios and some of the newer ones carried 4000:1. The image quality compared to a smart phone with a large screen just didn't compare or even come close. Not to mention the Japanese like the whole waterproofing of the handset where you can completely submerge the phone while video or music playback is present and it was completely okay. You do that with any other phone here it would die.

I know there were some phones that were "water resistant" but I had tested on at a phone expo and the guy said the phone is invincible to water.....therefore I proceeded to pour my water bottle on it and it was alive. Then I dipped the phone into a tank and I ended up killing is prototype model and that was the end of his showing off to the people @ the expo. Fantastic!!! I ruined it for all.

Besides the Sony Ericsson S710a for Cingular/AT&T that was released way back when, I don't think any other phone uses CCD camera with their own hardware imaging processor. All the phones today use CMOS cameras that uses the phone's OS to process the images. So when you go head to head with some of those camera phones the image quality lack on the CMOS camera vs the CCD. But as for base specs of the phone it does lack a bit compared to the newer stuff on the market.

I personally don't like to go outside and see 10,000 people with the same model as I do. I wanna be different and unique so I choose keitais over everything. Lately I've been pretty lazy about it so I use a crappy SE C905.

thats the full price that only noobs pay, honestly its much easier to wait or look around for a deal get one. I think maybe twice I've paid full price for one. Most of the prices I've paid were what I think good deals, and well below most of what the going prices are on ebay.

hahahha full price that n00bs pay...... and you sit around and find the deals.....then again I do too.

I guess it's just timing and where you search for stuff like that. I can't believe I landed that N-02A SW Unlock for 400 back when it was just first released and was costing people 900 to a grand.

The only thing I regret about getting a japanese phone was that I always have to make sure I bring my old phone with me to CPR it when needed and I can't use it to it's full potential. Otherwise, everything IonNuke wrote and more is why I got my SH-07B. I mean, come on, I can record HD 1080p video and take 12.1 megapixel photos anywhere I go now, how awesome is that? I have a Nikon D5000 when I take serious photography, but for traveling and for 'in this moment' pics, this phone takes very nice quality pics that any other american phone couldn't possibly do. :D

Plus it looks so cool and nice, compared to ugly touch screens. I used to have the iphone and all my brothers have touch screen phones like the Evo and whatever, but I HATED talking on the phone with touch screens because it's like holding a brick up onto your ear where as clamshells are much more comfortable (plus I don't have to worry about the screen getting scratched and keitais have more stylish clamshells to offer). I also hated texting on touch screens, and although there are smart phones with QWERTY keypads, I still didn't like that almost everyone I knew had those phones. It's always been one of my dreams to own a keitai, ever since I thought they were 'so cool' back when I was in middle school watching jdramas. The stylish looks itself make the phone worth the money, but with the addition of the camera specs and waterproofness, it totally made it worth the $300+ I spent on it. I never even used internet, mms, gps or whatever on my old phones, always just used phones for talking and regular txt messages, so keitais work for it.

I think for someone whose looking to own a keitai, they have to already be used to or already only using a phone for basic communication needs. (:

Guest IonNuke

I never even used internet, mms, gps or whatever on my old phones, always just used phones for talking and regular txt messages, so keitais work for it.

^^^^^^ Agreed. Except carriers that offer SMS packages usually have MMS included (granted you have the correct settings on your mobile). But other than that... there's no need for internet on the phone.... there's so many wifi hotspots and just fire up the netbook and get the web tasks done.

And the other key feature is that you can SMS while driving with a keypad phone.... not that I think it's totally safe but what else is there to do when you're sitting in bumper to bumper traffic for several hours everyday? LOL.

Plus it looks so cool and nice, compared to ugly touch screens. I used to have the iphone and all my brothers have touch screen phones like the Evo and whatever, but I HATED talking on the phone with touch screens because it's like holding a brick up onto your ear where as clamshells are much more comfortable (plus I don't have to worry about the screen getting scratched and keitais have more stylish clamshells to offer).

I've put my x10 up to my head a few times and it feels very weird and goofy, a regular candy bar like an older nokia or sony ericsson didnt have that feeling neither did using the d905i, not a fan of the holding such a wide phone. THe long clamshell was a bit more comfortable imo

Guest IonNuke

Old crappy SO905iCS arriving soon.... I dunno why I even bought it.... probably just to have. pics soon i guess LOL. Adds to the thread.

Archived