JYP USA Audition Tour 2009 - New York

Guest daysconfession

Guest daysconfession

JYP is holding auditions and they're coming to New York!!!

When: Saturday, November 21st

Where: JYP building - 110 E 31st Street, New York, NY 10016

How to apply:

1. Download application form and fill it out.

2. Send completed application to usaaudition@jype.com

3. Check registration number in response e-mail.

4. Print out your registration number and application and bring both to the audition location. You can also register once you arrive at the audition location.

Those who have passed the audition will be notified by Tuesday, December 15th.

For Further Information

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest love=music=life

Hello everyone!~

Some may remember me from the JYPE auditions in Los Angeles both in 2008 & 2009...

Anyways, this year I'm not sure if I will be a part of the staff, as I was the past 2 years, BUT I figured I'd help out whoever started this thread by clearing up some general/frequently asked questions regarding JYP auditions... (because they come up A LOT)

Just go to my Past Official JYPE USA Tour thread and the first post should answer all, if not most, of your general questions.

NOTE: Things such as 'how many people in the room at a time', 'how long do I have to wait', and 'how many categories can I audition for' are SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTIFICATION... as has happened in the past. AND the auditioning process may vary from city to city because not all audition locations have the same floor plan/setup.

Lastly, GOOD LUCK EVERYONE! & as I have said in previous year, BE OVERPREPARED!

Oh and please DO NOT PM me with questions regarding the auditions because I don't check soompi regularly so you might never get a reply and I don't want to leave ya'll hanging like that...

Guest theannebonny

I also plan on trying out for this. I'm not sure wich category though. I think I want to do a rap song, but then my dilema is, in which language. I don't speak Korean but I can learn a Korean rap song for the audition. Also I'm 5'9 so I was thinking that the modeling category might be better. I just really want to pick the category that I would have the biggest success at and I'm not sure which that is.

Also I'm not asian so I'm a little nervous since I'll probably be the only non asian there. But I figure that could also work for me since at least they'll all remember me....

Guest NorthenLight

Hey~ I went on JYP website but wasnt able to find the application dl link =( Is there another way I can get my hands on the form? ^^ thxs a bunch!

Guest daysconfession

If they are "interested" and ask you to stay.. Will they test on all catagories? For example, I will be applying as a singer. If I get asked to stay.. Will they make me dance, and model? Or will they just ask me to sing some more songs? Thanks !

If they do, that depends on what exactly they would like to see/hear more from you, so it could be anything.

I also plan on trying out for this. I'm not sure wich category though. I think I want to do a rap song, but then my dilema is, in which language. I don't speak Korean but I can learn a Korean rap song for the audition. Also I'm 5'9 so I was thinking that the modeling category might be better. I just really want to pick the category that I would have the biggest success at and I'm not sure which that is.

Also I'm not asian so I'm a little nervous since I'll probably be the only non asian there. But I figure that could also work for me since at least they'll all remember me....

Well from what I know, heard, and read... companies like JYP and SM are not ones you'd go modeling for because if you really wanted to build your modeling career and have the company be helpful, then you should go to ones that are specifically catered to that. I recommend you rap, but you should really do whatever you think you would sincerely do best in. Short people have auditioned for the modeling category, too, though so you shouldn't rely on modeling just because of your height. It sounds to me like you want to do rap more ^^ You can rap in any language you want. It doesn't have to be Korean, just whatever language you're comfortable with and can showcase yourself best. So go for it :D

Hey~ I went on JYP website but wasnt able to find the application dl link =( Is there another way I can get my hands on the form? ^^ thxs a bunch!

English/Korean App DL: http://www.sendspace.com/file/zkzixn

English/Chinese App DL: http://www.sendspace.com/file/jmsqej

Guest NorthenLight

There's only 1 round for this audition?

yup =) then they will bring the footage back with them and the rest of the ppl will review it~

Guest Ria786

last year I went alone.. this year I'm hoping someone will come with me.. ANYONE? :D

i'll come with u!! i really want to audition :)

Guest theannebonny

Yes! Maybe we can all meet up before the audition somewhere... Please, I really don't want to go in there by myself. Lol.. I need emotional support! ^^

Guest xAnimeLuver19x

wouldn't the location for NY be at their usual headquarters?? lol i don't think they would wanna spend more money renting a place out when they already have a building =X

Guest soojungg_

wouldn't the location for NY be at their usual headquarters?? lol i don't think they would wanna spend more money renting a place out when they already have a building =X

well, technically renting open center in korea village is free....as long as its free on that day :D

Guest xAnimeLuver19x

well, technically renting open center in korea village is free....as long as its free on that day :D

haha. i guess so then XP i just assumed it would be at their headquarters so they won't need to do more transportation things either. but i guess we'll just have to wait for the locations then ^^;;

Archived