Palty Hair Dye 411

Guest ayoboo

Guest deportedkorean

hmm im not sure if this would change anything or not, but i was thinking, did u first dye the roots and then the rest of the hair?

cause usually when i dye my hair, i do the roots last. i used milk tea as well, and it turned out alrite.

i think it was because my hair was dyed jet black before and it only dyed the roots that grew in after i dyed it black...

...i look rediculous.

...i'm dyeing my hair back to black again...lol.

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest angelzstar

Just to confirm, cause someone mentioned it........Jasmart in New York sells palty!! I went there today and it costed $8.99(w/o tax)!! ^_^

Guest meringue

I really want to dye my hair and have been wanting to try out Palty. Seeing how many of you have experience with this product, I need help choosing the right color.

First off, my hair is currently black. I want a dark brown color. I just want a subtle change in color. Like dark brown, but not too dark that it looks like black indoors. Do you know a Palty color for this?

Here's a pic of the color I want:

hair.jpg

Guest genki

have any guys tried it before? >__<

this thread is full of girls....

wahh.

^

they have palty for guys - it might be cheaper (not sure), since guys tend to have shorter hair, and wouldn't need as much dye. the box has a picture of a guy instead of a girl

but i don't see how being a girl or a guy would make a difference though.. it's just hair dye.. girls and guys have the same kind of hair growing on their scalp don't they? :rolleyes:

does anyone live in portland oregon by chance?? lol.. i know long shot... but is there anyplace there that would sell it?

Ooooo.. I lived there for a while!

I miss Portland.... :(

Sorry I'm no help.. haha ^^;

Guest AzNMiss x3

Does anyone know where to get palty from??

I'm only looking for it in Pinole, Richmond, El Cerrito, San Pablo; mainly the West Contra Costa County.

Two main places where I can't go is San Fransisco & Oakland though.

I've already looked in the Ranch 99 in Pacfic East Mall already, they don't have it there.

Please & thanks in advance if anyone wants to tell me. :]

--

Nevermind. I found a place that sells it for 9+. :]

have any guys tried it before? >__<

this thread is full of girls....

wahh.

My brother has. There are specific ones for guys too. (the ones with the guy on the box :) )

I really want to dye my hair and have been wanting to try out Palty. Seeing how many of you have experience with this product, I need help choosing the right color.

First off, my hair is currently black. I want a dark brown color. I just want a subtle change in color. Like dark brown, but not too dark that it looks like black indoors. Do you know a Palty color for this?

Here's a pic of the color I want:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v448/roan/hair.jpg

Natural Bleach for approximately 25 minutes. It won't look exactly like the one in the picture because hers has a lot of other colors/highlights going on.

Guest supermonkey

heya all~

i just got my hair dyed... with MILK TEA TART

all comments welcome!

colourtohair.jpg

the ones on left are with no flash(shows the proper colour better).. and yeh the ones on the right are with camera flash... excuse the bags~

the top right one is my original hair before i got it dyed.. half black roots and half darkbrown dye.

Damage...my hair was really damage before i got it done (permanent straightening) so my hair feels lie hay now. *Shrugs* it looks healthy and shiny though.. ^^;;;;; but meybe thats becasuse i left it in for about 45mins... because @ 20mins.. it was still only a dark dark brown colour

i did have this in "critique my appearence thread", i removed it from there but, more suitable to put in here.

Little Chris..:

My boyfriend tried the female hair dye Sweet Sepia.. it turned out exactly like mine, but just a tiny bit lighter.. when he first got it dyed, it was a red/brown colour, not its a dark brown.

Guest angelzstar

^^ that was the hair color that i wanted >.< i thought milk tea would make it really really light brown, like actual milk tea color x.x i bought the peach chocolate one-- i don't know how it will turn out. I have to wait for my red highlights to go away first x.x

Guest loO4la

i used palty's natural bleach some time ago...results are as shown...

05img002.jpg

469b1732.jpg

in the pic it looks quite uneven...w/ the color being more brighter on top.

but it actually looks even when seen in person, w/o the flash of a camera & w/o the natural light shining just on top.

Guest mangujowa

^wow, you're really pretty. ><" I could never dye my own hair in fear of messing up, and making it splotchy. Did the bleach damage your hair a lot?

Guest .moony.

hmm I dont notice much of a diff between palty and L'oreal or other western brands... lol I even think the western brands gave better results o.o

ill try palty next ^^ maybe it has more effects irl than in pics =D

btw angelzstar where is Jasmart?

Guest loO4la

^wow, you're really pretty. ><" I could never dye my own hair in fear of messing up, and making it splotchy. Did the bleach damage your hair a lot?

my hair doesn't seem to get easily damaged from using dyes & bleaches...& i've been coloring my hair since high school...nearly 10 years! ahhh...i'm getting old...

that pic was taken when i first tried out palty's products...near the end of last year. & my hair's still soft & silky smooth...

up 'til then, i've been using l'oreal's feria bleach to achieve the lighter color. i'd have to say, there isn't much of a difference in the look & feel of my hair after using palty...when comparing to l'oreal or other american brands. the only difference i can point out is the smell of the dye itself...it is not as strong...which is a plus.

but it all depends on your type of hair & how well it can handle the strong chemicals.

Guest AzNMiss x3

Here's the Palty English instructions that was posted long time ago. I just retexted it because I was bored.

Palty English Instructions Retexted

Original Palty English Instrustions

Credits: crystal_clover, me, imageshack.

Sorry if there are mistakes.

---

I have long[1in above my nipple, layered; shortest layer under my ear] virgin dark black hair that has never been dyed before. Also, my cousin will be dying to for me.

& I have some questions.

1. How long should I leave the dye?

2. Should I use bleach it before dying my hair&how long should I leave it on?[i really don't want to but I'm guessing it's necessary since I have dark black hair.]

3. Or should I just leave the dye on longer without bleach?

4. Should I start from bottom to top or the other way around?

5. Should I use foil or just put a shower cap over my head, etc. ?

I'm thinking about getting Milk Tea, Chiffon Beige, or Sweet Sepia by the way.

Oh yea, 2 more questions.

1. Which Palty hair dye(any) should I use if I want a brown/redish color?

2. How long should I leave it on for?[without bleach]

-------

Sorry if my questions are too much & confusing or something. I'm just really confused because I've never dyed my hair before. &thanks if someone does decide to help me. :]

Guest angelzstar

btw angelzstar where is Jasmart?

There are quite a lot of locations for Jasmart, but the one I went to was in East Village ( Manhattan), 35 St. Marks Pl. (bet. 2nd & 3rd Aves.). Kinda near chinatown. The store is on a lower floor. ;)

Here's the Palty English instructions that was posted long time ago. I just retexted it because I was bored.

Palty English Instructions Retexted

Original Palty English Instrustions

Credits: crystal_clover, me, imageshack.

Thanks a lot for reposting it! I was looking for it before but it was no longer available XDD

Guest BAN`CHAN

which is lighter: milk tea tart or chiffon beige?

and has anyone tried using chiffon beige before? i want to see a picture cause i'm thinking of buying one or the other to try

Guest heartxlaguna

LOVED:
applicator. i think it got the dye more evenly than it would with the normal

squirt into hand, massage in like shampoo way.. smell was more tolerable

than american brands imo.

HATED:
um, not much of a change in my hair. i ended up dying my hair

2x after using palty w/ american brands (feria bleach & hydrience haircolor)

to get a good noticeable effect.

Archived