My Beauty Diary 我的美麗日記 Facial Masks

Guest xfriends4lyfex

Guest xfriends4lyfex

Does anybody use them? What are your opinions?
Black%20Pearl%20Mask.jpg

My Beauty Diary masks is really popular right now in Taiwan, HK, China right now. It has 11 different masks, each does a different job. For instance, aloe is for minimizing pores, red wine masks are for improving skin complexion and increasing blood circulation on your face, apple and yogurt masks are for oil-control, black pearl and pearl powder are for whitening, etc,etc. I heard about it from my friend so I bought a boxed set of My Beauty Diary facial masks today for $24.99 CDN. It has 5 Red Wine, 5 Black Pearl, 5 Aloe, 5 White Rose and 4 Strawberry.

I haven't tried any of it yet but I was just wondering if anybody has tried this? What do you think and what are your favourite ones?

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Wish4Invisibility

I never used it. My friend wanted to buy it though, they sell it at T&T asian supermarket. lol.

Anyways, that friend's friend in HK uses it and she loves it.

Don't know if it'll work for you, don't know if you'll love it, guess you have to try it out for yourself?

Everyone's skin is different, kind of. But yeah. :)

edit: I just wanted to say that I only heard positive things about it from people I know who knows other people blahblah who uses "my beauty diary" LOL. yeah. ok. :) good luck.

Love them but a lot of them are REALLY similar. Like, alot of them whitens, brightens and moisturizes, things like that.

Black Pearl - the first one I tried and one of the best ones :) Was really calming and refreshing and DID whiten.

Sake Yeast - whiten and moisturized but its kinda irritated my skin. Like a slight burning sensation.

White Truffle - its in the 'Luxury' series, and I can see why its better than the 'Natural' line ^^ The material is more comfy but be careful- its kinda easy to rip. It whitens more than Black Pearl. But this one is more pricey.

Aloe - I don't know if its just me or it made my scars less visible. This one doesn't whiten, but feels REALLY good.

Strawberry Yogurt - this one, unlike many others in MBD, has a scent. Not that its bad though, it makes like strawberry chewies O__O. #2 on my favorites so far behind White Truffle. Aaaanyway, it DOES control oil and brightened my skin. Will gladly buy again but its limited edition T^T Must.. use.. VERY.. sparingly..!!

Chocolate - this one kinda stings like Sake Yeast and I can't skip moisturizer with this, but hell does it firm :) Oh and um.. it smells like chocolate milk, if that's your thing. [edit: Taiwan has stopped production of Chocolate mask]

Bulgarian White Rose - woah woah WOAH soft... seriously. It whitened but doesn't last very long though. Smells like rose...

Japanese Cherry Blossom - OK, I'm not going to lie, I bought this because of the packaging. Smells faintly of cherry blossom (which kind of sucks to me, because I am a major devotee to Body Shop and B&BW Cherry Blossom scents). Stings for the first few minutes but the results are so great I will keep buying it. NO idea what sets them apart from the other kinds [other than the gimmick] but my skin looks more clear. You can't skip moisturizer, though.

Camellia - like White Truffle, this is in the 'Luxury' series. Different paper and more expensive. I use this after a long day afterschool in the sun to brighten my face and some really quick moisture.

Red Wine (for some reason it says 'Red Vine' on the packaging) - smells like grape, no alcohol scent detected in here. Firmness of Chocolate mask without the stinging (and the chocolate milk scent). Unlike Chocolate, it is more moisturizing. Makes me glow like the rest of the masks. Won't repurchase because I don't have aging/saggy skin o.O

Cooling - lives up to its name. This one doesn't really do anything except it has that minty effect and moisturizes. I guess this is for a more refreshing feeling, but MBD masks are already really refreshing. I guess this is for people who are ~really~ tired.

I also have many more reviews but I just forgot names =T

Overall I really like this brand. The packaging is really cute (I kept the boxes) but a lot of things are similar. Sometimes I can go on without moisturizer. Most of their stuff is for 'normal skin' though, which is kinda of eh for me. I wish there were more oil controlling ones/scar reducing/pimple killing ones. I definitely DO NOT recommend certain ones for people with extremely sensitive skin, and I think these are too heavy for people who break out like CRAZY. And um, you have to leave them on for 20~30 minutes, which is quite long. Also, the mask is a little too big for my face. Well, only the lip part. Who has THAT big of a lip?!

And sometimes you know how sheet masks are all drippy and wet, and when you take them off it makes you look really oily? Not these. These are matte and make you look very.. erm, glowy.

Also, I read somewhere that you don't need to wash your face after these masks. You just massage the extra onto your skin or drip some off and put them on your neck. Works for me

Edit: :o I got the exact same boxed set today! Did you buy yours at T&T too? ROFL

^^ SaSa.com!

I've tried the yogurt one & after two uses, a lot of my pimples went away! The yogurt one is for controlling oil.

I didn't really see a huge difference in my skin's oil secretion but I was so excited that my blemishes disappeared!

I don't like how I have to leave it on for so long though (20-30 minutes). =\

I have a strawberry, black pearl and red wine one that I still haven't used yet.

I think they're great masks for the price. Of course some are better than others. Some sting and some might cause you to break out; it all depends on your skin. Their top 5 selling masks are the Black Pearl, Pearl Powder, Bulgarian White Rose, Red Wine, & Aloe.

I've tried the Cherry Blossom and Yogurt one. At this very moment, I have the new Mixed Berry one on my face.

Guest fantuan17

oh yes i love their masks! i have a whole bunch and choose a diff one to use each week ^^ my favourite so far is the black pearl~ always leaves my skin nice and soft~ and i think it has helped me with whitening...

hmm ive also used the cherry blossom, red wine, apple... cant rememebr the others~ but yeh haha i def recommend to ppl ^ ^

i've used quite a lot of them and i gotta say for their price i'm not complaining.

i dont see any major improvement after i use them but since they price is such a bargain i'd just put them on every three or four days, that way my face'll stay hydrated and moisturized all the time.

Guest *Butterfly*

Bought these in HK because they were very cheap. Not bad but i didn't see any noticeable difference, the good thing about these masks is the refreshing feeling and it keeps your skin moisturised since you don't have to wash off the residue. If you want something moisturising these masks are great but if you're looking for specific skin enhancing benefits i suggest other brands such as Fancl White Mask (though much more pricey!)

Guest aznchink123

I use the black pearl mask. They're really popular in HK and I quite like it. It's very refreshing and after I used it a few of my bumps on my face went away. Also it does lighten my face a bit which i like hehe

Guest prisonerzero

Ok, small (maybe stupid) question about the sasa.com.

I saw some for 18$. That's the box... would it be? Like, more than one? Haha.

Nvm, I see it's 10 pieces. Hm...

I don't know which one I would want. :x

Guest southbeach82

i have a box of the 10 pc Strawberry Yogurt ones ($12.99) and I have tried it twice so far and I love it! When i wakeup in the morning my face is extremely smooth and soft and it's whiter. I will continue to use them since I have not gotten further breakouts from them. My mom uses the red wine one and it makes her face smell like wine xD but besides that it's awesome too. But I've heard the best one is black pearl?

I wanna try this but which one would be best for minimizing pores or controlling oil? :D

Strawberry yogurt and yogurt are for controlling oil, but strawberry yogurt is limited edition I hear.

Apple Polyphenol shrinks your pores, but to me all of them improves the appearance of my pores.

Guest ranianev

Strawberry yogurt and yogurt are for controlling oil, but strawberry yogurt is limited edition I hear.

Apple Polyphenol shrinks your pores, but to me all of them improves the appearance of my pores.

Thanks! I'll try the strawberry mask first

Archived