The feeling you've offended someone..

Guest xo_sugar_ox

Guest xo_sugar_ox

what do you do when you feel like you've angered someone or hurt their feelings? even though the person never mentioned it to you, but you get the "gut feeling?"

do you just apologize to them or ask anyways even though it can be awkward depending on situation?

I just apologize anyways. If I was curious as to exactly what I did wrong, I'd say something like, "Sorry if I did anything to offend you.." and hopefully saying that would get them to clarify. The way I see it, it doesn't hurt to be careful and apologize even when it's not quite necessary. Except some people get annoyed at over-apologizing. xD;

Guest Alewares

I get it all the time, even on IM chats. Sometimes I would say something and there would be a 3 minute silence, and I'd just be really anxious because I don't know how they'll reply. My S/O is the kind who likes to keep those kinds of feelings to herself, so she doesn't tell me if I offended her sometimes... I just know (like the gut feeling you described). That's why I found that it's best to just apologize if you think you offended someone. I'm used to it anyway :T

Guest Phosphate

I hate that feeling -.-

I apologize because if i don't, i'de keep thinking about what happened repeatedly during the day...

and it drives me insane.

Guest choliese

yeah i often get these gut feeling too, could be cuz i'm too sensitive

but i agree with above post, it seems stupid to apologize if u don't even know what u did to upset other

depends on which context they're taking it in.

i don't apologize unless i know what the offense was, and then i have to see if it's worth apologizing about too.

if it's cause they took the statement personally, when it's not meant for that, then that's their business, not mine.

i know a girl who you have to be EXTRA careful about what you say

because she takes EVERYTHING in a wrong way, even if you're not talking to her

Guest SHINEjaejoong

I think I offended someone. But it was a HUGE misunderstanding.

You see, my brother has this friend who kind of doesn't have a chin so when I see him in the hallways, he always looks down. One time when me, my sister and my friend were walking in the hallway, I was looking back so I didn't see where I was going. I accidentaly almost bumped into him and I said: "Ah, that scared." I think he thought I was scared by him not having a chin but that wasn't it. I just like almost bumped into him and I got like scared of that. Yea, im weird. I just feel like he thinks I said that I was scared of him not having a chin which is not true cuz I think he's adorable and I actually do not see anything different about his face. I feel bad because I don't like it when people misunderstand me! Ah! I want to clear the issue up but I will just sound like a retard sooo...Ah! But it was weeks ago so I hope he has forgotten or he didn't hear me when I said that. :D

Guest bonjour tristesse.

I'm usually a bubbly person but if one offended me then in my book, they deserve everything I snarl back. Technically speaking it's not right and I do know that but I'm the type of person. If they never offended me though, of course I would feel terrible. I usually apologize right away.

Guest saintdaifuku

well it never hurts to be the one who's apologizing. it shows you're considerate of the other person

though if i were the person being offended, i would probably shrug it off unless it was something really harsh and unnecessary. keeping grudges doesn't help much.

Guest lostieee

Sometimes the person who got offended gives immature silent treatment and wouldn't answer you when you ask what's wrong. I experienced that a couple of weeks ago when my friend just stopped talking and wouldn't respond to me whatsoever. I think it depends on the offended person if they are willing to open up and accept your apology or whatever you do, it's useless.

Archived