Secret (시크릿) Official Thread ~ "I'm In Love" Comeback August 11th!

Guest .

Guest zahieyjunki

btw, is hyosung born in 1989? just asking.

she will appear as guest on taeyeon chin chin radio along with Sunny & Onew on 14th April 8PM KST.

so it's all 89ers on that day. :D

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest bizcotti

Im a Sone stopping by to say how impressed I am by magic and the whole album.

Last year I Want You back didnt do much for me and I dismissed Secret as just another girl group.

This comeback has totally changed my mind 180 degrees. Magic is such a amazing, catchy and energetic dance track I want to do backflips and dance like crazy every time it is on.

The remix of I Want You Back is a way better then the original imo. Now its such a cool ballad that showcases their strong vocals. All the other tracks are great as well.

The Girls all look amazing and the live perfs have been fantastic. They def deserve to win some awards and recognition with this new effort.

Looks like Secret wont be a secret anymore =p

btw, is hyosung born in 1989? just asking.

she will appear as guest on taeyeon chin chin radio along with Sunny & Onew on 14th April 8PM KST.

so it's all 89ers on that day. :D

Well, judging by the 1st page of this thread, yes ^^ DOB: October 13, 1989

and really she will appear by herself on ChinChin? can't wait to see this (if it's bora)

do you know if she'll be a regular?

Guest goldenGAZE

Can't wait to see Hyosung on ChinChin, should be very fun to listen too.

I've been thoroughly enjoying the Magic comeback performances, they've all been very strong. I also really like the song. These girls have some serious competition come up against big name artist, but i believe they'll still be able to stand their ground. JiEun is really standing out in the live performances, she has a lot of singing parts and is able to sing soo well (plus is really beautiful).

Also it seems their song is doing well on Monkey3 weekly charts (just read THIS article on Kbite). They're currently no.6 up 18 spots. I don't really keep up with the charts but this seem like a very good position specially considering how many well know artist are also promoting now.

Guest monsterjamiez

With success and recognition after Magic, girl group Secret will finally be moving out of their basement dorm.

On the 16th, a representative of Secret’s agency, TS Entertainment, had stated, “The Secret members will be moving out of their basement dorm by the end of this month, or at the latest, the beginning of next month. The members were all happy when they heard that they were going to move to a ground-level dorm. Although I feel apologetic, I am relieved that we’re able to give them a good living environment, even if it’s late.“

The topic of the Secret members spending their dorm-life in a basement became controversial amongst netizens when member Han Sunhwa revealed that fact through KBS’ Invincible Youth. Netizens were shocked that idol stars, nonetheless, female idol stars were left living in a basement dorm. Secret was even dubbed the “Basement Idols” after Sunhwa’s confession.

The company representative also stated, “They are currently living in Chung-Dam-Dong but we are looking into a villa in Han-Nam-Dong. We are currently getting a lot of requests to reveal the basement dorm but we are indirectly rejecting them. We will reveal their house when they move into their new one so please wait until then.”

Regarding Sunhwa’s reaction to the moving news, the representative stated, “When she heard about the moving news, she was really, extremely happy. She said that she wanted to move to the new house fast and that she wanted to give back to her fans by making good music in a better environment.”

Congratulations to Secret!

Their hardwork has finally paid off with success and a new home!

credits: Allkpop

YAYAYAYAYAY (: im so happy for them! all their hardwork is paying off. starting off slow and building up is the best way to go. im hoping for more success for them in the future (:

Guest pan2cute

finally they move from their basement dorm!!

that was quite desperate to live in that place..

i mean I'm so sad when I see their dorm on IY episode 1

poor girls~

now people more recoognize them!!

I hope they move into much better dorm!!

all of them are talented!! especially jieun!!

her voice really amazing!! she just need to some polished!!

=D

They are still underrated here but looks like they have increased their popularity in Korea by a lot. "Magic" is ranked high on many charts, including airplays. It debuts at No. 9 on our soompi chart this week. I think they should be on Inky Gayo Take 7 next week.

Guest shining7andrew

i think they'll grow to be more wel known...

i want u back is a nice catchy song but not fora lead song,, but this brand new mini album makes me fall in love for the song,vocal,members,and dance,,it's really catchy...

they'll be suceed on future...

i saw them ranked 5 on mnet charts,that's quite an achievement for the new girlgroup....

cool...

Guest lazy_breeze

=] ive really come to appreciate secret through their current promotions.

they are really a bunch of talented girls, and i regreat not giving them the chance earlier.

currently i am enjoying their 3 years and 6 months song.

hyosung has become my favorite =]

Guest S__.-

This thread is so dead, I wonder if I should keep on updating or not

[Hot! Debut Diary] Hyosung, Secret

"Delivered newspaper at the young age, Cried in the cold winter"

2010041907265622607_3.jpg

2010041907265622607_2.jpg

2010041907265622607_1.jpg

2010041907265622607_4.jpg

Credit: asiae.co.kr / Secretiar.com | Original article : Click

my Korean is limited so I can't translate all this article

but I hope someone can translate it

Hyosung has really interesting life, maybe because she's from Cheongju

so she has to work hard to achieve her dream in unfamiliar place like Seoul

if I'm not wrong, she started her long run trainee days from 2005

after winning in Let's Coke Play Battle Shinhwa's final round as the best singer

in this debut diary, Hyosung talked about her name which the word 'Sung 성(星)' means star

she said that when she was born her father and grandfather saw meteor or shooting stars

and that happened to be her name, I'm really not sure about this

Hyosung started delivering newspapers when she was in 3rd grade to help her parents

she delivered it for 3 years without any break and it was so cold in the winter caused her to cried while delivering newspapers

she was just elementary school student back then, our leader is really hard working 2nd daughter

knowing something like this makes me love Hyosung more and more

there're so many things we never know behind her cute baby face..

Guest S__.-

[Hot! Debut Diary] Hyosung, Secret

"Opportunity slowly came and was found casually"

2010042007475140003_1.jpg

2010042007475140003_2.jpg

2010042007475140003_3.jpg

Credit: asiae.co.kr / Secretiar.com | Original article : Click

really hope someone can translate the whole article ; (

in part 2 of the diary, Hyosung talked about her love for singing and dancing

she started to dream to be a singer seriously when she was in grade 6

but she couldn't tell her parent openly because her family couldn't afford money to support her dream

she had a part-time job to correct money for the audition

I'm not sure if she came to Seoul to study in High School alone

but back in 2005, she came to Seoul alone to audition [for Good Ent.]

she passed the 1st round but she failed in 2nd round

it was a bitter time for her but the new opportunity came when there were a national tour audition from the same company

she thought that she couldn't miss this opportunity

so she attended in Let's Coke Play Battle Shinhwa audition and she ranked in the 1st place for dancing audition

that's all that I can understand, I'm sorry if I made any mistakes

Guest pan2cute

thanks for updating!!

I don't understand korean so your help is a big meaning for me~

anyway i feel bad for hyosung on magic

her voice very weak on this song, comparing with sunhwa and jieun~

but I think she's sweet and cute

I really love her on SGB

she always smile and seems happy

makes me happy too~~

secret fighting!!

[news] Secret becomes eco friendly for Urban Farm

our member girl group Secret is being environmental friendly and joins in an eco-project.

Not only Secret but also other artists and actors have joined it on an eco-campaign called "Urban Farm".

J and J or Jack and Jill along with a fashion magazine Nylon joins in for "Urban Farm" campaign throughout the city. It is for the promotion of keeping the environment safe and for safe planting of vegetables that is safe for the plants and the environment. The campaign is also starting in Europe and United States among the most top trend setters in fashion uniting for an environmental movement.

Meanwhile, Secret are doing well with their new mini album and their hit song "magic".

TAKE OUT WITH FULL CREDITS

Source: Newsen

Credits: Blueprincess824 @ dailykpopnews(dkpopnews.net)

congratzz secret!! more recognize in K-pop stream~

Guest goldenGAZE

^I've noticed that too, but she really has got a great voice (deep and powerful) it's just she dancing (shaking :P

) very hard during the performances which is effecting her singing a bit. It's still good but not great.

They are still underrated here but looks like they have increased their popularity in Korea by a lot. "Magic" is ranked high on many charts, including airplays. It debuts at No. 9 on our soompi chart this week. I think they should be on Inky Gayo Take 7 next week.

It's nice to hear this. I'm seriously addicted to magic, it's a great song

@S__., thanks for the updates, Hyosung's history looks very interesting, she really tried very hard to get to where she it today. She should be proud ^^ I hope the articles get translated. Her childhood pictures are adorable~

Guest S__.-

^

you're welcome : ))

I always try to do anything I can

Secret may seems to be underrated but they really do well on various chart

but that will not happen in TV music programs easily

because you have to has a strong fanclub to vote for you

they rank in about No.4 in Mnet Chart which they can't beat only Lee Hyori and Rain

their music video and album selling are ranked after the two big star as well

in my opinion, they still have to work hard to make their own characters in the industry

Hyosung is the funniest among all members, Sunhwa and Zinger have the same personalities for me

and JiEun is calmer than other members

you guys may don't know but JiEun is the worst member when it comes to be dancing while our leader is the best

Hyosung has the strong leadership, she can talk well but she can cry so easy (such a sentitive girl)

Zinger is the best when it comes to be fashion, she really has the taste but.. blame their stylish to dressed her like that

Sunhwa is super talkative from such a young age, you can see it if you have watched Superstar Survivor before

I understand why Hyosung can't sing well in live performance

because she has a husky voice just like me and it's hard to sing with the choreography in her part

she has to move her body so much and her hair is also a problem

I don't want Secret to stand out so much at a time

I want them to have real fans who will support them for whenever

famous groups always have unreal fans who love them because they are famous

Slowly achieve the goal will make them to be a strong group

btw, I'm sorry for my bad English : (

100408 M!Countdown Comeback Stage

100408_mcd_hyosung001.gif 100408_mcd_hyosung002.gif

Credit: blog.naver.com/growing20

hyosung_magicmv001.gif

Credit: blog.naver.com/crazychiwawa

hyosung_inki.gif

Credit: http://ddongko.xe.to

Guest pan2cute

S__., actually i want to know secret more since last year~

but they don't have fan-subber, so I don't know how i get to know them more...

well, only sunhwa that I know since she's appear on IY

but still her airtime isn't very long since they must show 7member..

I really in love with them since last year, with I want you back and 3 years and 6months!! (my fave ballad)

well, I notice jieun dance isn't so strong if we compare her dance with hyosung, but I really love her voice!!

she's amazing singer!! powerfull singer i thought~ her high note quite high~~

I agree~ they need strong fan base~ so they need more work!!

I really hope they have another MV for their song...

I mean their mini album is quite awesome!! they have a lot of nice song in their album!!

Archived