Moon Geun Young 문근영

kanzcech

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Moon Geun-young, "I'm thirty next year; I've been waiting for this moment"

12033024_1036972416338908_50305887026511

Moon Geun-young claims she's been waiting to become thirty.

She interviewed with a fashion magazine recently and said, "I think I've always been waiting to become thirty. I want to stay this way. I think my thirties is going to be more exciting and great. I am still like a child and need to mature up more but I am waiting for the natural time for the public to change their perception".

"I am so happy with myself and happy. I wish my thirties was just as good as this. I think it'll be really fun".

About her casting in the drama "The Village: Achiara's Secret", she said, "I think my way of thinking has changed. Ever since I decided to love myself, I decided to do what I love, what makes me happy and what's fun". I read the script about "The Village: Achiara's Secret" and I loved it".

About what she wanted to try in the future, she said, "I've always wanted to try the fool of the village, a crazy one, a psychopath, and more. But I don't get offered roles like that. I can be a scene stealer like Ra Mi-ran. I am full of it".

(c)hancinema

Moon Geun Young says she's excited to turn 30

03_zpsaumfmfek.jpg~original

Request
Dong A - Naver: Moon Geun Young "About turning 30 next year? I've always looked forward to my 30s"

1. [+4,804, -152] Moon Geun Young's almost 30 years old. She'd still look great in school uniforms at that age

2. [+2,912, -306] She's excited to turn 30 while I'm in my early 20s and I already dread hitting my mid-20s...A successful person seems to be enjoying each day of her life.

3. [+2,033, -121] But she still is a baby to me^^♡

4. [+1,708, -844] Just wait... You'll realize what you said is a mistake

5. [+301, -14] People who are prepared aren't scared of getting older ㅜㅜ

6. [+273, -33] Her eyes are gorgeous. Somehow, they are meant for acting.. Her crying scene in 'Autumn in My Heart' is legendary

7. [+262, -48] Am I the only one who sees a bit of Lee Young Ae in her?

8. [+184, -12] Her face doesn't age which is why she's excited to turn 30 while I'm her scared and worried about getting old ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

9. [+130, -6] Time flies. Feels like it was just yesterday when was in her uniforms in 'Autumn in my Heart'

10. [+133, -25] She's like the little Go Hyun Jung

(c) kkuljaem

Moon Geun Young Says She′s Been Waiting for Her 30s

Moon Geun Young, whose new SBS drama The Village is set to premiere on October 7, is featured in Harper′s Bazaar′s October issue.

12011361_1036979976338152_31923605566452

Moon Geun Young Says She′s Been Waiting for Her 30slarge view
Moon Geun Young set the tone of the photo shoot and interview with charisma, speaking to her staying power as a 17-year acting veteran.

Dressed elegantly in modern, black-and-white styles, Moon Geun Young pulled of a variety of cuts for the spread. The person in charge of the photo shoot, stated "We were able to see a different Moon Geun Young from the loveable Moon Geun Young we′ve seen up until now. If there are actors who shine the brightest in their 20s and actors who are the most beautiful in their 30s, we′re confident that she falls into the latter category."

Moon Geun Young, who turns 30 next year, said, "I feel like I′ve been waiting for this moment. I always wanted to turn 30 quickly. And I want to stay in my 30s. For some reason, I have this expectation that I′m going to shine more fabulously and beautifully in my 30s. Before you′re of a mature age, no matter how hard you try, you just appear awkward. Of course, you may still seem like a kid and need to mature, but I′m waiting for the moment when the public′s perception changes naturally."

She added, "These days, I really love myself and I′m happy. I hope my 30s will be an extension of this. If that′s the case, I think it′ll be really fun."

Meanwhile, Moon Geun Young′s honest thoughts on acting and life as well as her photo spread can be found in the October issue of Harper′s Bazaar.

Photo credit: Harper′s Bazaar
Cr:enewsworld

Posted by MGY IFC

Moon Geun Young is intellectually stunning for ‘HARPER’S BAZAAR’

12004708_1035454836490666_24345271994552

Actress Moon Geun Young recently filmed a pictorial for the latest issue of ‘HARPER’S BAZAAR’ magazine, where she showed off her stunning intellectual beauty.

In her interview, Moon Geun Young shared about filming the movie ‘The Throne’ which is currently showing in theaters, as well as her anticipation of her new SBS TV drama ‘The Village: Achiara’s Secret.’

Moon expressed, “My way of thinking has changed recently, and I have decided to love myself more, do the things that I like and am happy about, and just speak out about the things that I want to do.”

As for the roles that she would like to challenge herself, Moon stated, “I previously thought that I would do well in dimwit roles, arrogant roles, and anti-society roles. But I’ve never received any offers for them. I hope to become someone like Yu Hae Jin and Ra Mi Ran sunbaes.”

Moon will turn 30 next year, and she said, “I have continuously waited for this moment to arrive, and hope to remain in my thirties. I think I will really shine during this time. No matter how hard I try, I would always appear to lack that something before I mature. I might still look like a kid now, but I am still longing for the moment from the public about my transformation. I have been really happy lately, and I hope to continue in this situation moving forward.”

Copyright@KpopFighting.com

Moon Geun Young Looks Forward To The Next Decade

moon-geun-young.jpg?w=600

Some child actors do not continue to enjoy success when they reach adulthood but that was not the case with Moon Geun Young. The actress once known as "the nation's little sister," transitioned easily into adult roles. She began acting at the age of 10, playing the younger version of Song Hye Kyo's character in "Autumn in My Heart." And she never stopped working.

This year she appears in the SBS drama "The Village: Achiara's Secret."

She plays Kim So Yoon, a new English teacher, in the village. It seems like a peaceful village, but she finds a buried body on her first day at school. With the help of Woo Jae, the police officer played by Yook Sung Jae, she tries to uncover the truth about the body and learn the village's dark secret. The drama premieres on October 14.

"So Yoon and Woo Jae are strong characters able to lead the story. We believe the two stars will do wonders in their roles," an SBS spokesman told the Korean media outlet Korea Times.

According to a recent interview in the magazine "Harper's Bazaar,"  Moon thinks that the best may be yet to come. She is looking forward to being 30.

moon-copy-jpg.jpg?w=600

"I think I've always been waiting to become 30. I want to stay this way. I think my thirties will be more exciting and great. I am still like a child and need to mature more but I am waiting for the natural time for the public to change their perception."

The 29-year-old actress, who recently returned to the big screen playing Lady Hyegyeong in "The Throne," is happy with her life.

"I am so happy with myself and happy. I hope my thirties is just as good as this. I think it'll be really fun."

Moon took the role in "The Village: Achiara's Secret" because she loved the script and says she has learned to trust her instincts.

"My way of thinking has changed. Ever since I decided to love myself, I decided to do what I love, what makes me happy and what's fun."

So far she has played a brewer of makgeoli, a ceramic artist, a painter and a cold-hearted heiress. What's next for Moon?

"I've always wanted to try the village fool, a crazy person, a psychopath, and more. But I don't get offered roles like that."

Not yet, anyway. Once she is in her thirties, anything can happen.

Guest jisung_15

Btw, are her international fans planning anything to show support for Moonie, either for the movie or her series? I 'm in!:)

I just posted the message DCBH, you can read just above :):D

Should we organize the rice wreath for Int'l fans, especially soompi fans? :D

MGY IFC probably could help us :)

Hi Moonies! Are we doing this? Is this a go?:)

Love love our Moonie in white! Also "aaaaawed and all seeing that pic of her 1N2D family. I hope the film is a critical and commercial success! 

@jisung_15 --haha it's because of rabid fan girls that I don't want to ship --at least not out loud...during airing of a drama with actor who will not be named, there were so much malice and hate it was very disturbing... MGY has been around in the business for fifteen years now, is an A list celebrity and an excellent thespian, and is much respected by her peers so I was very upset when all of that was going on--haha like a protective unnie I guess... Having followed her career all these years...but on to happier times that's all in the past...and YAI and her just seem to really adore each other. Moonie fighting! 

Is the actor who shall not be named also making a comeback in a drama series on a cable channel? Haha, I'm not being subtle, am I, but ohhh, I did like them together onscreen, but did read some nasty remarks from his rabid female fans who obviously think the world of him. :) I've enjoyed all those news stories about how she tried to get close to YAI since they are both such passionate, intense actors and look forward to seeing them act together again after his military service, aww, that will be another 2 years, long wait but should be worth it. I wonder how Sado is doing in the Korean box- office?

I wonder how Sado is doing in the Korean box- office? 

'The Throne' Racks Up 2 Million Viewers in a Week Starring Song Kang Ho , Yoo Ah In and Moon Geun Young !
"The Throne", directed by Lee Joon-ik, has attracted nearly 2 million viewers just six days since its release, raising hopes for another Korean film to hit the 10-million milestone.
According to the Korean Film Council on Tuesday, "The Throne" lured 150,547 viewers on Monday alone, maintaining the top spot at the box office for six consecutive days.
So far, 1.96 million people have seen the film, and with Chuseok or Korean Thanksgiving approaching at the end of the week, it may well become the third Korean film to reach the 10-million mark this year after "The Assassination" and "Veteran".
"The Throne" revisits the tragic life of Crown Prince Sado, who was locked in a wooden chest by his father King Yeongjo and starved to death.

BTW: For the rice wreath for Int'l fans they told me to do with Soompi Moons or MGYIFC

Guest jisung_15

Ryuujin, thanks so much! I hope Sado continues its box-office run! Awww, what an awesome year this has been for YAI with Veteran becoming the 6th is it most watched film in Korean film history and Sado might well be on its way to being in the top 10 at least. 

Btw, tried watching High Society a week ago while waiting for The Village to be shown,  imagining Moonie and PSJ in the lead roles but the few minutes of the first episode failed to reel me in, ohhh! But will still give it a chance when time permits. I hope Moonie does get to work with PSJ in the future. I loved him in Witch's Romance.:wub:

aka_moons내배우 대본 너덜너덜해지지 말라고 꼼꼼하게 시트지로 커버해주신 찐오빠. 당신은 진정한 짱짱맨! 진심으로 감동이야요 오빠의 성의에 부끄럽지 않도록 연기할게욤
#마을 #아치아라의비밀 #10월7일 #첫방 #이것은 #나의#머스트 #아이템 #앤드 #나의 #찐부심 # #나도 #촬영끝#이제 #늦었으니 #다들 #굳밤

12019899_1036997616336388_27909704699608
Trans: Jjin oppa who meticulously covered his actress's script with a sheet so that it doesn't become fray/tattered. You are really a jjang jjang (awesome, awesome) man! I am sincerely touched So that oppa's sincerity is not embarrassed, I will do my best toward acting #thevillage #achiarassecret #oct7th#firstbroadcast #thisis #my #must #item #and #my#Jjinpride ## Itoo #finishedfilming #now #sinceitslate #everyone #hopeuhaveagoodnight

12032018_1037037362999080_85966249773929

aka_moons소윤방에서 라니랑 화보놀이. 큭- 
#마을 #아치아라의비밀 #10월7일 #첫방 #오늘도 #기다리셨세요#즐거운 #저녁 #불타는 #금요일 #되시길#Day7

Trans: Playing with photos (photo shoot) with Rani in So Yoon's room. keuk- #thevillage #achiarassecret#oct7th #firstbroadcast #todayalso #wereyouwaiting?#hopeyouhave #anenjoyable #evening#burning(awesome/fun) #Friday #Day7

By SoompiMoons

Moon Geun Young talks with 'Harper's Bazaar' about turning thirty

moon-geun-young_1443191785_af_org.jpg

Actress Moon Geun Young may still look like the beloved child actress she used to be, but she's actually turning 30 soon!  Can you believe it?  She talks about this with 'Harper's Bazaar' for the October issue.  In the pictures, she looks extremely mature and sophisticated, capturing the image of a business woman in suits and loose blouses.

She revealed that she is enjoying the best time period in her life, stating,"Recently, my mind itself has changed.  I'm resolved to love myself and believe that because I'm me, I should do the work I like, things that make me happy, and work that I find fun.  I'm now able to say firmly that I will do the things I want to do.  Even for the production 'The Village: Achiara's Secret,' I read the script and thought it was so fun that I immediately entered filming."

As for the character she wanted to try, she stated, "Since a while back, I thought that I could play the neighborhood dunce, an insane character, a psychopath, and even a ditz well.  However, those roles do not really come in for me.  I could become a scene stealer like Yoo Hae Jin or Ra Mi Ran.  I want to state that there are a lot of those aspects in me, too."  Actors do seem to mostly struggle against typecasting and the like.  Moon Geun Young wants to break free from those restraints!

Lastly, she will be turning 30 next year (in Korean age), so Moon Geun Young said, "I was waiting for this.  I always wanted to become 30 as quickly as possible.  And I want to stay in those 30's.  For some reason, the 30's seems cooler to me and I feel like I'd radiate more beautifully, so I had high expectations.  Before becoming an age of maturity, no matter how much I tried, I only looked awkward.  Of course, I look just as much a child as always and I need to become more mature, but I am awaiting a time during which I can change the public's awareness of me more naturally."

These answers already show your great maturity, Moon Geun Young!  They do say the 30's are the new 20's, right?

(C) allkpop

I'd love to help or donate to the rice wreath, but I think if there are more people def we could collect larger donations right?

Hehe.. That's only my idea..

@jisung_15 I LOVE Moonie and YAI pairing... Yes, they're such intense and passionate actors.

Can't wait to see them in "Sado".. We have to wait at least few months before getting eng subtitles..

Another pairing I can think of is Moonie with my fave, Ji Chang Wook.. hehehe.. but it remains only a dream for now..

Archived