[THE OFFICIAL] Gdragon G-드래곤 G-Dragon Thread

Guest the7REAL.

• Replies 18.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, moniw18 said:

@shoppingobsession- I am so glad you saw him in a concert as well! I think if I was sitting closer to the stage I probably would've recorded more but because of where I was sitting the quality wouldn't be very good and I thought it would be a better idea to look up YT vids from other fans from that particular concert if I wanted to reminisce. I have seen lots of pics from the Toronto show, have you looked for any vids on YT? Maybe that would help? I have to say that I love re-watching over and over that concert Untitled clip...it's so meaningful ...BTW, Have you ever seen BB in a concert? 

Also I am curious if the venue in Toronto had many fans? The Hisense Arena (Melbourne) had a lot of fans (we queued forever to get in) BUT there were some empty seats and the general admission area was only half full which sort of made me sad as I wanted his show to be a sell out. However, much to my surprise the "general admission" tickets were the most expensive ones so perhaps many fans didn't want to spend that much money and end up risking not being able to see anything...Regardless, it's  still amazing that for a solo artist GD is able gather as many fans as he has in countries like Australia or Canada where he wouldn't be as well known as in Asian countries etc..He has such a long way to go before he finishes but it's lovely that he's making himself available to fans in so many countries. 

His Toronto show wasn't a sell-out either. But the venue is a huge one(capacity is 20,000) and some upper-level seats were upgraded to be seated closer. Gold/Silver packages were sold out very quickly. But since there were only certain limited numbers were allowed in the General Pit, everybody pushed to the front and made it look like it is half-empty as well. 

Yes, I have watched many Youtube videos of the Toronto concert and numerous pictures on Instagram. I haven't seen BB in a concert and wish I had.

On ‎8‎/‎13‎/‎2017 at 0:31 PM, moniw18 said:

@xtlover15, @KimJongKookieand @WendyHo.... I DID IT!!!!! I finally saw GD in concert yesterday and I am still under the spell.... there's no point in me posting any pics as my seats were too far away but because the venue wasn't huge I could easily see the entire stage. I thought my seats would be so much worse so this was a lovely bonus.  The light show was amazing, I am glad I didn't watch any vids from the concert because it allowed me to be genuinely surprised and dazzled. GD really is so beautiful..... it feels so unreal when I saw the clips from the concert and to know I was there. Especially when he walked off the stage to meet the fans which is always so special!

Because I didn't want to lose any of my GD experience i only took few pics as a souvenir and I just watched the show to enjoy it and the only song I did a vid of was Untitled because he sings it so beautifully live and with so much emotion. 

I was surprised just how fluently he speaks English! Also, I was surprised that when he did his speech which he would do at every show about how lonely he gets etc..it still came out so honest and so from the heart. It really sounded like he was saying this for the first time and just for us. It made me love him even more (if that's possible lol!).

i feel kind of sad that it's all over but I am SO SO happy I went. I will never forget this experience. 

Hi, glad you had fun seeing GD ^^ My final concerts to see him would be Taipei in October 2017...haha

On 8/12/2017 at 11:31 PM, moniw18 said:

@xtlover15, @KimJongKookieand @WendyHo.... I DID IT!!!!! I finally saw GD in concert yesterday and I am still under the spell.... there's no point in me posting any pics as my seats were too far away but because the venue wasn't huge I could easily see the entire stage. I thought my seats would be so much worse so this was a lovely bonus.  The light show was amazing, I am glad I didn't watch any vids from the concert because it allowed me to be genuinely surprised and dazzled. GD really is so beautiful..... it feels so unreal when I saw the clips from the concert and to know I was there. Especially when he walked off the stage to meet the fans which is always so special!

Because I didn't want to lose any of my GD experience i only took few pics as a souvenir and I just watched the show to enjoy it and the only song I did a vid of was Untitled because he sings it so beautifully live and with so much emotion. 

I was surprised just how fluently he speaks English! Also, I was surprised that when he did his speech which he would do at every show about how lonely he gets etc..it still came out so honest and so from the heart. It really sounded like he was saying this for the first time and just for us. It made me love him even more (if that's possible lol!).

i feel kind of sad that it's all over but I am SO SO happy I went. I will never forget this experience. 

Everyone keeps saying the ending is what hits them the hardest :bawling: So happy you finally had your chance to see him live

Image result for site:tumblr.com 태양
sushihairjiyong

tumblr_ougi5sZYYq1rn16efo4_r3_400.giftumblr_ougi5sZYYq1rn16efo3_r3_400.gif
tumblr_ougi5sZYYq1rn16efo2_r2_400.giftumblr_ougi5sZYYq1rn16efo1_r2_400.gif
jiyongs

Pretty boy :heart:

On 14/08/2017 at 6:30 AM, shoppingobsession said:

His Toronto show wasn't a sell-out either. But the venue is a huge one(capacity is 20,000) and some upper-level seats were upgraded to be seated closer. Gold/Silver packages were sold out very quickly. But since there were only certain limited numbers were allowed in the General Pit, everybody pushed to the front and made it look like it is half-empty as well. 

Yes, I have watched many Youtube videos of the Toronto concert and numerous pictures on Instagram. I haven't seen BB in a concert and wish I had.

Thank you @shoppingobsession. That's a good point as well. I also have to consider that GD has a lot of fans who would have loved to be at the concert but couldn't afford it. After all, we didn't have much time to save from when they announced his tour to when the tickets were released.  I remember there was a young girl in the queue at the concert saying how she didn't have any money for any merchandise and how she begged her parents to lend her the money to even attend the concert. I am lucky that I work but not everyone is in that position etc. 

I was going to post a short clip of the concert from my iPhone to show you the fans there but I am unable to (Believe me I tried! I don't have twitter or YT so it's hard to copy a link in order to post it or something like that...).. 

Just a short note on merchandise- I was really disappointed that YG didn't allow for more merch.. the stuff sold out so quickly but so many people were queuing and would have gladly bought more items if they were only available! 

7 hours ago, moniw18 said:

Thank you @shoppingobsession. That's a good point as well. I also have to consider that GD has a lot of fans who would have loved to be at the concert but couldn't afford it. After all, we didn't have much time to save from when they announced his tour to when the tickets were released.  I remember there was a young girl in the queue at the concert saying how she didn't have any money for any merchandise and how she begged her parents to lend her the money to even attend the concert. I am lucky that I work but not everyone is in that position etc. 

I was going to post a short clip of the concert from my iPhone to show you the fans there but I am unable to (Believe me I tried! I don't have twitter or YT so it's hard to copy a link in order to post it or something like that...).. 

Just a short note on merchandise- I was really disappointed that YG didn't allow for more merch.. the stuff sold out so quickly but so many people were queuing and would have gladly bought more items if they were only available! 

yes, the merch selection is very disappointing. I only got one tee as the long-sleeve tee I wanted was out of stock even hours before the concert started. Have you seen his Japan tour merch? They are 1000% times better. I am trying to get somebody who is going to attend the concert next week to get me some merch.

Archived