thanks alot guys!! ill be using the translations in japan

also how do you write

1. This is my niece

2.this is my nephew

3. that is my brother

4.that is my brothers girlfriend

5.that is my friends daughter

also how do you write

would you like to go out for some milk tea with pearl?

Guest trashstar

友達になりましょう :)

Tomodachi ni nari-mashou :)

Note: The smily face is of great importance :excl:

Thank you =) I've always wanted to know when to change verbs into different forms. なる means "become" right? Why is it changed to nari in this case? Or is なります a ます verb itself?

Guest urusai_baba
Are we friends?

私たち友達ですか

watashi tachi tomodachi desu ka

My Japanese is rusty so I might be wrong. >_<

I don't think I'd say 「私たち友達ですか」 If you actually don't know the person it sounds kinda weird lol.. if you are trying to ask like, do I know you from somewhere? you should say something like  すみませんがどこかで会いましたか? which is like "excuse me but have we met before?" But you need to explain more of the situation though so I can't say if it's right haha.

And I'll try to help explain mashou.. it's the same verb naru which in masu form is = narimasu .. when you add "shou" on the end of the masu verb form it means "lets _ " . or So, you just changed the su part to shou. tabemashou, nomimasu, shimashou etc.

ってかなんか会話を始めましょうか?質問だけを答えるのはつまらないでしょう? 自己紹介(じこしょうかい)とかしましょうか? (and that's all in shou form LOL) it's used a lot! (but deshou isn't lets, it means isn't it)

Guest trashstar

I don't think I'd say 「私たち友達ですか」 If you actually don't know the person it sounds kinda weird lol.. if you are trying to ask like, do I know you from somewhere? you should say something like  すみませんがどこかで会いましたか? which is like "excuse me but have we met before?" But you need to explain more of the situation though so I can't say if it's right haha.

And I'll try to help explain mashou.. it's the same verb naru which in masu form is = narimasu .. when you add "shou" on the end of the masu verb form it means "lets _ " . or So, you just changed the su part to shou. tabemashou, nomimasu, shimashou etc.

ってかなんか会話を始めましょうか?質問だけを答えるのはつまらないでしょう? 自己紹介(じこしょうかい)とかしましょうか? (and that's all in shou form LOL) it's used a lot! (but deshou isn't lets, it means isn't it)

oo thanks for the explanation ^^ i always wondered doesn't the shou part mean "isn't it?" haha

Guest heartkiller

is there anyone here that wants to help a newbie study her japanese

and whats this im referring to whether its hirigana katakana kanji

im taking a guess and saying is katakana omgggg i need help studying because im a self studier until i find a online class to take because i work

久々にシャワーではなくお風呂入りました。

また後でー。

Guest kisstherain_

Does anyone know Korean in here? :o

Because translating Korean to Japanese is so much easier than translating English to Japanese. If anyone wants to help me with this message I'm trying to write, Please PM me.

Thank you! <3

Guest Incise Soul

Can someone translate "worth fighting for" & "Just believe" & "Stronger" to Japanese for me? Thank you. I want to get a tattoo on one of those phrases/words.

Guest nuwera

"Stronger"

I think it would be "tsuyoku nareru: 強くなれる"

can anyone please type "japan" in japanese characters? thanks much!

二本: nihon; Japan :)

--angel

Guest KAITOU KID.

hi guys i need help..

can anyone please type "japan" in japanese characters? thanks much! :D

二本: nihon; Japan :)

--angel

Wrong, sorry :P

日本

二本 would mean two objects. But only certain objects, like pencils. But I digress.

Japan is Nihon; 日本

Guest squarepants

Hi guys I have a question. In Japanese they put chan, san, kun at the end of names right? I know the meaning of those but I'm having a hard time finding out the meaning of "bon"? Like Aibon, Miyavibon, etc. What does bon mean? ^^;

Guest KAITOU KID.

Hi guys I have a question. In Japanese they put chan, san, kun at the end of names right? I know the meaning of those but I'm having a hard time finding out the meaning of "bon"? Like Aibon, Miyavibon, etc. What does bon mean? ^^;

-bon is not a generally used suffix. It is more like a diminutive, usually used when forming nicknames, and such.

Ever heard like the -rin/-chin suffix? It's also not a general-purpose suffix like -chan/-san/-kun, but like -bon, a diminutive one.

They're mostly used in nicknames, and really, don't mean anything. Used a lot by fans for their idols (or whoever), & friends' nicknames :)

Hope that helps :]

Guest keczianthei
Wrong, sorry :P

日本

二本 would mean two objects. But only certain objects, like pencils. But I digress.

Japan is Nihon; 日本

thanks so much!! :D

Guest nuwera

Wrong, sorry tongue.gif

日本

Japan is Nihon; 日本

Opsie :P made a mistake.

--angel

Guest kellyalster

would anybody like to practice their japanese by translating this for me?

IMGP6033.jpg

my japanese friend didn't have enough confidence in his english when he was writing in my yearbook. haha.

Archived