Japanese Discussion 日本語の討論会

Guest putasmileon

Guest ★ rain-a-sky ★

can someone please help me translate this?

translate.gif

arigatou! :)

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest KAITOU KID.

can someone please help me translate this?

translate.gif

arigatou! :)

Grandpa [i'm assuming this is saying who's speaking. It's the one in blue lol]

How dare you come into this sacred (pure/divine) place dressed like that!

Wear your black hakama, and come back!

Although literally, the first and second line reads more like "I won't allow you to come into this sacred place dressed like that!"

A "hakama" is a traditional piece of clothing, btw.

Hope it helps :)

Guest ★ rain-a-sky ★

Grandpa [i'm assuming this is saying who's speaking. It's the one in blue lol]

How dare you come into this sacred (pure/divine) place dressed like that!

Wear your black hakama, and come back!

Although literally, the first and second line reads more like "I won't allow you to come into this sacred place dressed like that!"

A "hakama" is a traditional piece of clothing, btw.

Hope it helps :)

thanks so much! :D haha I was wondering why I couldn't go any further in the game.

Guest luzCONTROL_7

Thank you for the replies I got about the Minna no nihongo series. :blush: The thing is I was looking for your personal experience, I've already read what reviewers think about Minna no nihongo. For a short period of time I have tried Japanese for busy people and I've read about Genki. Have anyone tried both Minna no Nihongo and JfBP/Genki?

I'm interested in Minna no Nihongo because they use Kana and Kanji directly from the start.

Guest Y0UNGiE☆★〃─。

Wow, I barely know any kanji... :( So sad. I'm going into my third year of learning Japanese, but I'm really scared about the final test I'll be taking in my fourth year because my teacher's Taiwanese... She's even learning Japanese for herself and is teaching us. :rolleyes: I hope that everyone can help me out! :D I know hiragana, katakana, very little kanji, and a few words. My teacher didn't really teach us about how to have a conversation... :( She just taught us phrases and sentences that we probably would never use in our life.

Guest iamkt

Hello. Can someone translate these

ファンプペからのメッセージです

きせかえアイテム購入者からのメッセージです

ありがとう

thanks alot!

Guest KAITOU KID.

thanks so much! :D haha I was wondering why I couldn't go any further in the game.

No problem, glad to be of assistance! ^o^

Hello. Can someone translate these

ファンプペからのメッセージです

きせかえアイテム購入者からのメッセージです

ありがとう

thanks alot!

ファンプペからのメッセージです

This is a message from "Fanpupe" (As far as I know, there's no such word as Fan-pu-pe, so maybe that's a name?)

きせかえアイテム購入者からのメッセージです

This is a message from [the] "change-clothes" item purchaser - "Change-clothes" because I think this is the word used when changing (dressing) something; such a doll's clothes. That's kinda directly translated, so maybe it's more like This is a message from the purchaser (is this even a word? anyway - the person who purchased) of the clothes-changing item

ありがとう

Thank You

Hope it helps!

Guest XJShinoda

Wow...

You all are so good!!! >.<"

I've been taking part time classes for 2 years already, but my Japanese sucks. <_<

How to improve on the language btw?

Watch more japanese series? 0.0

I tried to watch the Japanese show for the kids on NHK at one time, i couldn't understand what they were talking about. T.T

Guest KAITOU KID.

^lol, don't really think there's any other way than actually practicing it.

If you want a reaaaaaaaallllllly quick fix, you can learn to speak it pretty fluently in a couple of months. Go live there. Seriously, you learn so much faster because you HAVE to.

Reading/Writing is probably more difficult though.

Watching J-Dramas IS good listening practice, imo though XDD

Guest khul

Reading is far better than watching TV. If you can't manage a book, just work on comics. I tell you, even if you can't stand the whole comic book thing, it's still a whole lot better than studying lists of kanji. Context is very important to remembering. Plus, you get to beef up your word intuition. Even if you watch a lot of TV, definitely read a book too. I think anyone that has grasped most of their intermediate wouldn't have much of a problem reading a comic book.

Guest nuwera

Quick question.

What does "呪" mean? Is it a name of a person?

PS. I have another question. How can I read the kanji characters for the names?

--angel

Guest KAITOU KID.

Quick question.

What does "呪" mean? Is it a name of a person?

PS. I have another question. How can I read the kanji characters for the names?

--angel

呪 I think by itself means spell?

I'm sure if you add "mon" (もん) it means spell. [呪文] pronounced "Jyumon"

If you add "i" (い) it means curse. [呪い] pronounced "Noroi"

So yeahhh, lol. Sure it didn't have any furigana? :x

Kanji characters for names are basically hit or miss, xD. I think they either have furigana or there are common ones that people automatically recognise.

Then again, when 月 (Tsuki [moon]) can be read as ライト (Raito / Light) in a name....>_<;; (Yah DN reference lulz)

Guest nuwera

^ Thank you for your answer.

I get so much confused when I read a Japanese text and use the dictionary for some kanji character but it doesn't give me a translation of the romaji of the characters.

I noticed that there are words that can be pronounced in more than one pronunciation just like the example you provided.

--angel

The thing is reading and watching TV train two completely different skills. There's no way one can be better than the other unless you are referring to improving that particular skill. Reading helps reading skill, which is kanji recognition, grammar recognition, increasing the size of your vocabulary, etc. Watching TV improves listening comprehension, and depending on what you watch (for example dramas) it probably has more more commonly used vocabulary and grammar but not necessarily a lot of either. Those two are both passive skills themselves though..To train speaking you need to speak, to train writing you need to write, etc. Just be careful you do not speak like a manga character, and write everything you learn through books : D In the end all four skills are important though. Listening, speaking, reading, and writing...

Guest orangecake

In the end all four skills are important though. Listening, speaking, reading, and writing...

まったく、その通りだと思うよ。

・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・そして、readingばかりスキルアップするワタクシ :sweatingbullets:

今日は、七夕さまです。

日本では、

笹の枝に、願い事を書いた短冊をぶら下げて、お祝いするんだ。

この日、雨が降ると、織姫と彦星の1年に1度の逢瀬が叶わないんだって。

だから、お天気になりますように~って、7月になると、みんなでお祈りしたり・・・したな、子供の頃は。

(このあたり、科学的なツッコミは不要ってことで B)

さ~さ~の~は~さ~らさら~

の~き~ば~に~ゆ~れ~る~

お~ほしさ~ま~き~らきら~

きんぎんす~な~ご~。

ご~し~き~の~た~んざく~

わ~た~し~が~か~い~た~

お~ほしさ~ま~き~らきら~

そ~ら~か~ら~み~て~る~。 :lol::lol::lol:

Guest khul

Once you get past the intermediate level, do you really need to work on your listening comprehension? What I am comparing is sentence construction and word usage, which you learn far better by reading. If you spend 1 hour watching TV and one hour reading, you will learn far more with your book. Sorry, but watching TV is really not that hard on your brain.

Guest Kyohei

I am going to be taking Japanese in college (but I am not in college yet :ph34r:)

However,

I was wondering what this meant:

adidasshirtjapanesewords.jpg

(it was on this adidas shirt)

adidasshirtjapanese.jpg

Arigatou gozaimasu!

Guest XJShinoda

^lol, don't really think there's any other way than actually practicing it.

If you want a reaaaaaaaallllllly quick fix, you can learn to speak it pretty fluently in a couple of months. Go live there. Seriously, you learn so much faster because you HAVE to.

Reading/Writing is probably more difficult though.

Watching J-Dramas IS good listening practice, imo though XDD

Reading is far better than watching TV. If you can't manage a book, just work on comics. I tell you, even if you can't stand the whole comic book thing, it's still a whole lot better than studying lists of kanji. Context is very important to remembering. Plus, you get to beef up your word intuition. Even if you watch a lot of TV, definitely read a book too. I think anyone that has grasped most of their intermediate wouldn't have much of a problem reading a comic book.

Thanks for replying anyway.

I was so regret that i didn't buy myself a comic when i went to Japan last year. I only remembered to buy for my friend, and i forgot mine. :ph34r:

Intermediate? What exactly is the standard for intermediate level? I still consider myself as a beginner despite i've been learning it for 2 years. :sweatingbullets:

Archived