$$$ Dress Too Small! O.o [pics]

iomoo

BETSEY JOHNSON...
Hey everyone.

So I bought this dress back in january that was on sale at betsey johnson from 400 to 200. it's a beautiful blue and white dress with lots of lace.

when I bought it, it was barely fitting (size 2) but the woman who was selling it managed to fit it on me. i told her i wanted a size 4 but she refused to let me try it and sold me a size 2. a month later, not gaining weight, i tried it on and i barely fit it. back then i was 97 lbs and now i'm 105 (i'm only 13 btw, got this for my birthday so don't call me a brat D: )

i want to wear it but i dont know how i'm going to fit it. when i zip it up (the zip is on the side) i can zip it, but it stops zipping just below my chest. i'm only a size 32AA btw hehe. and i'm barely 5 ft. i'm 4'11" XD

i didn't wear a bra when i tried it on at the store because the rude saleslady told me not to, nor do i typically with my dresses or in the picture.

i love this dress so much and my mom would be kinda pissed off if i didn't fit into it...so any help PLEASEEE?

:(

oh, and do spanx really work? because if i could use a spanx it would definately eliminate some of the problem XD my mom has like this thing that you wear but it only goes up to mid stomach and it kind of flattens it but its pretty wimpy...haha so yeah. :]

thanks~sara

it kinda looks like this:

image1xl.jpg

this is me wearing it 2 months ago ish :D

20p92xh.jpg

Guest ~>flytothestar<~

Wow the dress is very different. I would not be able to pull it off :o I could only imagine it on the runway lol

You should get those removable gel bra? they are like sticker there's no strap.

Perhaps that might help you fit into it better :)

Cool dress by the way

Guest hsin531

Try taking this dress to a tailor and see if they can let it out a bit so that you can fit into it. If they can't then you might just have to lose a little weight. In the future, buy clothes that are the right size for you no matter what pushy salespeople tell you to do.

Guest X_kimbap

omg CUTE!

why wouldnt the lady let you try on a size 4? what a horrible saleslady. >:[

maybe you can try bringing it somewhere to get it tailored and asked them what they can do about it or soemthing.

good luck! the dress looks reallly cute on you ^^ it WOULD be a waste not to wear it

Guest flyaway

oh that's reallyyyyyy cute

the saleslady is so rude! i bet it's because the smaller sizes are harder to sell :/

maybe you should just bring it to a tailor, maybe they can expand it a bit?

Ehm when I have stuffs which I can't get on, to small or something I usually call my friends over and take and take a deep breath holding it so she can zip it up or something.. After a few try and such it's usually work at least on me, I dunno about you though;P But me and my friends use force to get stuffs on at least..xD Hohoh, but since yours is expensive you should be careful about zipping it up and such..

I hope you be able to get it on with some helps^^

btw the dress is very pretty;*

Guest _ATELIER

tailoring a dress to make it bigger is pretty complex.

but i've seen it work so just go to a tailor and see what goes down.

otherwise i'd probably stick to trying to lose as much weight as i can lol.

cute dress though!

Guest hpnotiq

You can go to a tailor & see if you can get it expanded, or you can lose weight? I don't see any other methods. But it's a super cute dress!

thanks EVERYONE; for your compliments, help, and all! I wasn't sure if it would work if i tailored it...although i will DEFINATELY try!!

Ehm when I have stuffs which I can't get on, to small or something I usually call my friends over and take and take a deep breath holding it so she can zip it up or something.. After a few try and such it's usually work at least on me, I dunno about you though;P But me and my friends use force to get stuffs on at least..xD Hohoh, but since yours is expensive you should be careful about zipping it up and such..

I hope you be able to get it on with some helps^^

btw the dress is very pretty;*

I do that with some other tight dresses i have hehe, that's actually how i managed to get it on in the picture--i tried zipping it myself till i merely passed out, then my mom came home and she managed to zip it :D

thanks for the help!

Ohhmalord!

That dress looks better on you than the model ^^

NO LIEEE..

I would definatley recommend taking it to a taylor :)

Or if its not too small you can maybe work out a bit?? xD

Hope that helpss!

thank you so much!! XD means a lot o3o

Guest ZoidbergMD

hmm thats odd, def try a tailor

but maybe since your 4'11 and you put on a bit of weight it caused you to gain

a bit around your waist area?

since your only 13 i have no doubt you'll grow taller, if you maintain 105 and grow to about 5'1-5'3

i'm quite sure it will fit you, unless your chest decides to suddenly turn into a b-cup haha

i'm also 105, but i'm 5'1-5'2 ish and i can squeeze into a size 0, so you should be able to still wear that dress

if not now then in a year or so? haha so drink milk and exercise to maintain weight and grow :P

Guest Lilaznxgurl

wow! so cute!

aniways , yuu could take it to the tailors and ask them how much fabric is missing from the zipup, yuu could go buy the same colour blue and whites and ADD ON fabric from the zipper area [ aka = they'll take the zipper off the dress , add the extra fabric then add the zipper on again] so itll fit better!

if not get the gel bras? maybe those will help

good luck

Wow the dress is very different. I would not be able to pull it off :o I could only imagine it on the runway lol

You should get those removable gel bra? they are like sticker there's no strap.

Perhaps that might help you fit into it better :)

Cool dress by the way

wow! so cute!

aniways , yuu could take it to the tailors and ask them how much fabric is missing from the zipup, yuu could go buy the same colour blue and whites and ADD ON fabric from the zipper area [ aka = they'll take the zipper off the dress , add the extra fabric then add the zipper on again] so itll fit better!

if not get the gel bras? maybe those will help

good luck

thanks! but...what is gel bra? o:

Guest *Gonie

if the dress wasn't taken in before, there really is no point in going to a tailor because the tailor can't take anything out that wasn't taken in before. but since you said that it stops zipping up right by your bust, maybe you can go braless since it'll be a tight enough that it won't fall...

*Gonie

Archived