XBOX 360 thread

Guest hawaiingkid

Core is just the xbox with a wired controller.

Premium is the core with a wireless controller and hard drive.

Platinum... =\ never heard of it. Wonder if thats what I have lol has a headset in the box too but I doubt it.

• Replies 947
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i wannaa get my boyfriend a xbox360 for christmas... but i'm totally confused about it, as to which system i should get, like whats pro, core, premium or platimum?

i believe pro, premium, platinum is all the same just different people calling it different names

i wannaa get my boyfriend a xbox360 for christmas... but i'm totally confused about it, as to which system i should get, like whats pro, core, premium or platimum?

If your boyfriend likes to play online/multiplayer games, then definately go with atleast the premium. Don't do the core, you'll be spending more money in the long run.

Guest CK92842

Careful. Platinum could imply those high priced bundles found in Gamestop & EB Games. They usually start in the $500 range and go as high as to $1000. <_<

Core runs you only $299 and the Premium bundles goes for $399. Quite simply if you want to play online games then get the Premium console. Let your boyfriend purchase his own subscription to Xbox Live, it's only $39 a year. :)

Gears of War seems to be a hot selling title but I have more enjoyment with Call of Duty 3 than GoW, it's sitting on my shelf for the past few days. Indirectly ask which title he favors most and he better get you one heck of a gift. :lol:

Quick question about the Market Place points... =\ can I somehow earn them im too cheap to spring $20 (1800 points) for lumines and I beat the demo in 10 minutes or so. I was horribly addicted to it on the PSP so yeah.

Guest CK92842

A good question and also I assumed so when I first jumped into XBL. I confused my gamerscore with gamerpoints and unfortunately you cannot earn them. I felt that Lumines should should've been on a disc with a DVD case on it rather than a digital download for the total cost of the game. It's 1200 points plus an additional I believe to play online. <_<

Careful. Platinum could imply those high priced bundles found in Gamestop & EB Games. They usually start in the $500 range and go as high as to $1000. <_<

Core runs you only $299 and the Premium bundles goes for $399. Quite simply if you want to play online games then get the Premium console. Let your boyfriend purchase his own subscription to Xbox Live, it's only $39 a year. :)

Gears of War seems to be a hot selling title but I have more enjoyment with Call of Duty 3 than GoW, it's sitting on my shelf for the past few days. Indirectly ask which title he favors most and he better get you one heck of a gift. :lol:

EBGames just had a promo for XBOX360 premiums last week $400 for premium sys + warranty(1yr) + extra wireless control + call of duty2

so that kind of deal is on the same level as microcenter, costco, etc etc

and we usually don't do bundles often or at ridiculous prices like others

Guest xCookies

You should get a premium for him.

I honestly believe XBOX360 to be the most balanced out of all three systems. Like the PS2 was when there was Gamecube and XBOX last gen.

-Price of the console is right in the middle.

-So are games which range from 49.99 (MS first party titles) to 59.99 while PS3 is always 59.99 and the WII so far is 49.99

-Has better graphics than WII, but is on par with PS3 graphics so far.

-However, no one can disagree that the 360 has hands down the best online service there is. PS3 is absolute crap with lag-fest, inability to multitask, and talk to friends that are not in the game you are playing. I have yet to see Wii's plan.

I agree that the PS3's internet service sucks, but the 360's being the best? I would wait and see what the wii would have to bring out.

Guest dkstariob

Hmm yes, but Nintendo has never had an online plan and they never advocated for one.

It would have been cool if the achievement points could become marketplace points so that there would be more incentive to actually get good at games.

MS + cost of live sometimes I wonder about but I certainly enjoy the features. Will probably sign up for it when my trial expires.

Oh was there a list of gamertags somewhere? I don't have many games... just PD0 and im getting that multiplayer demo that they featured in the marketplace.

Guest CK92842

If it weren't for the multi-player features on these X360 titles I would probably have never purchased one to begin with but with the right group of people, it's awesome. I recommend you play Call of Duty 2, 3, Uno and Gears of War.

Guest skwannabe

W0ot just got a 360 today after failing getting a Wii. ^^

photo0045t1az4.th.jpg

Hows Call of Duty 3? Ghost recon sucks! Jeez, my brother and I couldn't even find the Co-Op... Anyone got any recommendation for games? I really love FPS.

I also love 360 with my 42" Panasonic LCD! HD PWNS~

even though i have an xbox360, and it seems that the only games for it are fps. i still believe fps are best on the pc. the mouse is king.

but then playing games on a huge hdtv must be pretty sweet.

so u win some and u lose some.

GOW coop is pretty fun.

skwannabe, there's only 4 co-op maps for GRAW. It does sucks for offline co-op. Perfect Dark Zero is co-op offline. It's not my favorite FPS, though. I would say Gears of War is the best.

There is nothing better than lounging while playing a FPS on HDTV with surround sound. I love it. All the hours of playing WoW on the pc hurts my back. I hope the rumors are true that XBox is trying to woo Warcraft to the 360.

Guest CK92842

W0ot just got a 360 today after failing getting a Wii. ^^

photo0045t1az4.th.jpg

Hows Call of Duty 3? Ghost recon sucks! Jeez, my brother and I couldn't even find the Co-Op... Anyone got any recommendation for games? I really love FPS.

I also love 360 with my 42" Panasonic LCD! HD PWNS~

Ghost Recon has some odd controls, I downloaded the demo when I first nabbed my X360 back in April. I was relatively new to the whole Xbox scene but I haven't played it since. The reason co-op on GRAW is rare nowadays is because of Rainbox Six Vegas, that might as well have been called GRAW 1.5. I see NBAL07 there...ouch. ;)

As for GoW, if you're interested in co-op play online then look me up. Finished the game on Insane when I seriously should've considered online co-op. When you get to General RAAM, you'll know what I mean. I am however trying to get that Dom achievement so if you're in need of help then I'm there. Though it'll have to be after Wed once finals are done.

Headset not working by the way, still calling Microsoft support over that shipment mixup.

You can create a gamercard at the link below to post as your sig.

http://www.mygamercard.net/

As for Call of Duty 3, it's a great game online when it works. The game is screaming for a patch due to the simple fact that ranked matches are difficult to get in. Player matches seem to work and the online play is chaotic and fun. 12 on 12 is simply awesome and with the right players, you'll be there for hours. You might be able to pick up CoD3 at your local Target (not online) for $20-$30. Don't know why the game already received a price drop but they might have mixed it up with the PS3 version, since that version has poor framerates. :sweatingbullets:

Guest Tonyc402

I Just got my Premium box 360 , and wondered wuts sum good games for it . Rite now im already thinkin of Gears of War and Rainbow Six Vegas, maybe COD 3? or Oblivion

Oblivion is good if you have the time to spend on it and you like RPGs. Viva Pinata is very cutesy but it's so much fun. Gears of War is a must.

Guest CK92842

It is always wise to rent a few games first here and there. With the holidays rolling around you'll want to try and save as much as possible. And now since finals are over, I can kickback on my X360 until next semester. To get the ball rolling and hopefully encourage others to post, here is my gamercard, leave a message before sending a friend request. My list is getting quite full as of late. :)

Jeff%20Stephen.png

And yes, the patch for Call of Duty 3 is out so to those trying to score some X360 games on the cheap, check buy.com and use the google checkout and get $20 off any purchase over $50. B)

http://www.buy.com/default.asp

Archived