Epik High (에픽하이) Official Thread [#2023]

YongZura⁷

Guest hb_jackpot

I personally was initially disappointed by both songs. Anyone else feel the same? It's just not...them.

.... .... ... Me too... I like the lyrics but... OMG I feel like an richard simmons for this... I know this is their comeback and I'm so happy but... I just can't bring myself to like it... I try but I CAN'T ㅠ.ㅠ I'm so torn right now. It's just not my type i suppose ffujvhuubbkvi I'm just really... WTF am I saying!???!!!!

My fav track of the album is "You don't deserve her" featuring Gaeko. Also "New Beautiful" is Nice...

I know they are trying something new here and stuff so ... Yeah... Ucjvbkkg I think it's probably just me and my old fart ways....

Yes the album could have been better, but after a couple of listens I think it's still a good album. 
It's Cold, The Bad Guy, You Don't Deserve Her were all nice listens for me. And the lyrics really saved the title tracks for me.
Both are really inspirational and have a lot of meaning when you think of the struggles they've been through. 

Also thought the comeback stages were really good! :)

Guest firefree

Commentary translation

Translated by  :Emily@icarus-walks.net

-keep credit if you take out-

ALL: Hello, we're Epik High.TABLO: Nice to meet you, it's been a long time.TABLO: How many years has it been?TUKUTZ: What are you saying? Why are you speaking informally all of a sudden?MITHRA: From the beginning it's informal.TABLO: We want to do it like rap from a kid that grew up with grunge and rock in the 90s.TABLO: When was the time that we liked music the most?TABLO: We tried to think and it all was about the same, from the middle of the 90's onward.TABLO: The season of our youth... in the season that we loved music the most, with hearts that wanted to create the music that we liked. We wanted to recreate that with that kind of emotion and sound and a style that's only Epik High and re-introduce ourselves to everyone.TABLO: Together with us, let's ride a time machine and go here and there.MITHRA: The time machine is here.TUKUTZ: We became inventors. We're the inventors.MITHRA: It's work that you can't do at NASA.TABLO: Although it was necessary to invent a time machine, we haven't yet had a chance to go on a music vacation, but...
[uP]
TABLO: The old school breakbeat... we combined it with sounds from these days and added a rock beat, and created a song with a meaning like being bright and hopeful.TABLO: For people who have fallen, for people who have gone down... I'll stand up one more time. Today I'm like this, but tomorrow I'll fly up to heaven. It's a song like telling that to yourself.TABLO: Of course it was Park Bom.TUKUTZ: Coolly.TABLO: Air pump.TUKUTZ: Coolly.TABLO: Her voice is like an air pump.
[DON'T HATE ME]
TABLO: People who are receiving hatred... Why do you only dislike me? Why do you only hate me? If you are a person who's had a chance to experience this, if you listen to this song... we wanted to say, if you only have one person who notices you or supports you, then it's worth it to live happily.TUKUTZ: The hearts of people who receive hatred... the person who understands your heart the best.TABLO: It's not me?TUKUTZ: Who is it?TABLO: Who are you talking to?TABLO: I don't know.MITHRA: Written in sadness and read to Tablo...TUKUTZ: This generation's sadness icon.TABLO: What...TUKUTZ: The sadness of this generation.TABLO: I'm really...TUKUTZ: The voice of sadness.TABLO: Because I only eat happiness and live...TABLO: My face is just...MITHRA: Puffed up like a puffer fish.TABLO: My face is just, if I wake up in the morning it's like a puffer fish, a puffer fish. Because I'm very happy.
[WORDS YOU SHOULDN'T SAY WHEN YOU'RE IN LOVE]
TABLO: When you're dating, when you're in love, you can unknowingly say words that leave a bruise. And suddenly, you have a lot of thoughts like, "Oh, these are hurtful words?"TABLO: So one day the thought appeared to make a song about those kinds of things, so me and Mithra went on the Internet and went on blogs and looked at stories from a lot of people... Those people, in a sense, helped in the writing of the lyrics.MITHRA: That's right, almost everything was to the level of ARS.TABLO: The words that you should never say to someone you love, and words that can be hurtful.TABLO: Who...
[COLD]
TABLO: The friend named Lee Hi came out on a broadcast and when she sang, this friend definitely gave me an almost bleak feeling.TABLO: She always does coldness very well. I had a thought like it would be good if she sang on this song I made, so we made the opportunity and she sang on the track. It was something that matched really well. Epik High, Lee Hi. 
[PITIFUL]
TUKUTZ: It's an analog song that was made with two branches, beatbox that people can do easily, and acoustic guitar. TUKUTZ: It's not like "I like you," but it's like "meeting you for the first time," that man seems very pitiful to you. It's a song with that kind of timid content.MITHRA: A recent incident for me of something pitiful... my brother lent me a bike.TABLO: You borrowed a bike from your brother?MITHRA: During a time when I didn't have one, I went to borrow one from my brother, but an accident happened and I lost it. The bike was gone.TABLO: It's better than your brother being gone, right?MITHRA: I'd prefer if my brother was gone!
[MOVE]
TABLO: The title 'Move' is a very telling title. If you're irritated or pressured, and there are people blocking you, and you're stuck, you just want to tell those people "MOVE!"MITHRA: MOVE!!
[VILLAIN]
TABLO: The hero overpowers the villain. It's physics. In that moment there are people who have a feeling like "Ah, what a relief," and "Ah, even though I was hoping the villain would win..." There are people who feel like this. The people who are like that is obviously us. So we made a song like this. I think that the people who like villains will like listening to this song.TABLO: (pointing to kid) Kwon Jiyong!TABLO: Jiyong-ah, why don't you go start getting ready, okay?TABLO: Kwon Jiyong doesn't listen very well.
[KILL THIS LOVE]
TABLO: "Kill This Love" is a kind of cruel song. It's to the extent of the phrase "a killer's love", someone's memories, or when they're lingering, and you really want to get rid of it somehow, if you don't get rid of it, it becomes something that will kill you. We wanted it to be like something pressured.
[NEW BEAUTIFUL]
TABLO: There are images that arise when you hear the word 'beautiful'. So we were thinking we didn't want to inject that into the song. We didn't want to crush too much into too small a frame, that's what we were thinking. We wanted to say, 'loathing,' 'ugly', words like this... in fact, words like this are more beautiful than 'beautiful'. When outsiders listen to the song it's a feeling like, "Okay, I'm beautiful too."MITHRA: You're beautiful.TABLO: Not me, this isn't.MITHRA: I'm sorry.TUKUTZ: Definitely...TABLO: No matter how not-beautiful you are, you're still beautiful. But it's not this.MITHRA: Please don't think like that.TABLO: Seriously...TABLO: Is it okay? It's perfect? Good.
[99]
TABLO: Right now we have flighty, trembling hearts. I don't know how to express this fullness in words. We're like children who have received a gift that we've always wanted. Like when you tear the wrapping off a present? You tear the wrapping paper off and even we don't know what's inside. But we're very thankful to everyone who gave us the opportunity for this gift. We're like this now, and in the future we'll try to make the best music that we can to give to everyone to happily enjoy. Please support Epik High a lot, and please listen to this album a lot lot lot lot lot lot lot. Thank you!MITHRA: Thank you!

Guest firefree

Epik High [99] album: CD case and HQ photo booklet!

Congratulations, everyone! Today Epik High's 7th album [99] was finally released for physical sales! 

You can order it:

- on YG shop (NOT counted on Hanteo)

- DVD Heaven (will be counted in Hanteo chart)

- AT OUR SITE! (Counted BOTH as weekly sales and Hanteo) Order will be opened within two days!

But while you will be waiting for your copies, posting you photographs of the CD case, goodies and the booklet!

CD comes along with the mediator with EH logo, logo sticker, random postcard with Blo, Mithra or Tukutz and "thank you" letter from one of them on a back side, colorful photobooklet and the poster! And of course the YG Family card, which you need to activate on official site to get special set of photographs ♥

Please take out with full credit!

Do NOT edit | Do NOT cut the logo

Do not hotlink!

[this is only some of the photos you can view all of them here http://icarus-walks.net/18263]

tumblr_mcdbyveo8A1rqdda7o1_1280.jpg

tumblr_mcdbyveo8A1rqdda7o2_1280.jpg

tumblr_mcdbyveo8A1rqdda7o3_1280.jpg

tumblr_mcdbyveo8A1rqdda7o4_1280.jpg

^ that's the poster

tumblr_mcdc9gKe6M1rqdda7o2_1280.jpg

tumblr_mcdc9gKe6M1rqdda7o1_1280.jpg

^ thank you letter from Dj Tukutz

Translated by hyojeong@icarus-walks.net 

Frankly speaking, I thought I wouldn’t be able to see you more. 
Really thankful for being able to comeback. 
to you. 
to my members. 
to everybody. 
Thank You!!!

[don’t remove credit/remove logo]

Guest firefree

Epik High in W Korea magazine! 

Epik High were interviewed by W Korea and the interview with the photoshoot is in November issue of the magazine.

Please take out with full credit!
Do NOT edit | Do NOT cut the logo
Do not hotlink!

tumblr_mcck6pLnbq1rqdda7o1_1280.jpg

tumblr_mcck9omrVB1rqdda7o1_1280.jpg

tumblr_mcckd0KXiY1rqdda7o1_r2_1280.jpg

Guest MikanNoKimi

I've just begun to listen to EH when I heard the collaboration with BB's GD.  They're really full of pure talents and I cannot wait to listen to their newest album.  Thank you for sharing all the goodies!

Twitter Updates

Mithra: Did you enjoy Club Live 99?! I really enjoyed it!! Everyone who was there, watched online, or missed it make some noise!!!

Blo: I’m happy, I’m really happy!

Blo: Apparently you can’t come to tonight’s performance if you’re under 19ㅜㅜI’ll trust that you’ll make the right choice^^ Starts at 8 at Hongdae Harlem! Those who can’t come can watch mobile or on a computer! http://music.naver.com/onair/epikhigh 

Blo: I think today’s the first time that we had an encore longer than the performanceㅎㅎ I think it won’t be the last! Our audience is the best audience in the world!!! Make some noise~~~!!! Sleep well^^

Blo: thanks “@/YGworldUS: Epik High NOMINATED in Best Rap Performance for #MAMA2012!!! CONGRATS @/blobyblo @/Tukutz81 @/realmithrajin”

Blo: SOMETHING WE ALIENS GOT
tumblr_mcd9nzjBTj1qfxiaw.jpg
Trans by kristinekwak @ twitt

99 Club Live Official Photos
tumblr_mcgkx4caG21r7ca5mo3_1280.jpgtumblr_mcgkx4caG21r7ca5mo6_1280.jpg

tumblr_mcgkx4caG21r7ca5mo5_1280.jpgtumblr_mcgkx4caG21r7ca5mo2_1280.jpgtumblr_mcgkx4caG21r7ca5mo4_1280.jpgtumblr_mcgkx4caG21r7ca5mo7_1280.jpgtumblr_mcgkx4caG21r7ca5mo1_1280.jpg

Epik High Promises to Go on a Nation-Wide Club Tour + Possible overseas tour!
tumblr_mcfn3oDk0c1qzjb8ko1_500.jpg
The hip hop group took to the stage, on October 24, at Seoul’s Club Harlem for its Epik High 99 Live performance.

Amid a hot and passionate response from the fans, the Epik High members couldn’t help but feel a rush as well as they thanked the fans for reminding them of their early years when they used to perform at various club venues before giving them a 90 degrees bow.

Tablo then told the crowd, “I want to make a declaration. Epik High will go on a club tour. We will go to clubs around the nation and directly go and find our fans.”

He then added, “Truthfully, I haven’t actually spoken about this with CEO Yang Hyun Suk yet. I’ll confirm after this declaration.”

Tablo then shouted once more, “Epik High is going on a nation-wide club tour!”

Member Mithra added, “Not just nation-wide but if anyone would have us we’ll go abroad too.”

In addition to the group’s title tracks, Up and Don’t Hate Me, the group performed a range of songs from its new seventh album as well as some of Epik High’s old hits such as Love Love Love and Fly.

Source & Translated: enewsworld

Guest hiaarhg

EPIK HIGH - Making of "UP" Music Video

EPIK HIGH - Making of "DON'T HATE ME" Music Video

cr: EH official yt channel

By the way: Hello Everyone! I'm new on this thread! Hope to share some interesting informations about Epik High and their great music! :)

Guest untilparisfades

99 is such a nice album. Enjoyed all songs and I gotta say Don't Hate Me is one addicting track.Glad that Epik High get to make music again. Fighting!!

Guest untilparisfades

99 is such a nice album. Enjoyed all songs and I gotta say Don't Hate Me is one addicting track.Glad that Epik High get to make music again. Fighting!!

Guest hiaarhg

Epik High’s Tablo talks about how he felt during his controversy

20121030_tablo_controversy.jpg

Epik High‘s Tablo shed some tears as he talked about his controversy with Tajinyo.

‘Healing Camp‘ released a preview for Tablo’s upcoming episode on the 29th, and it showed him talking about the difficulties he faced during his Stanford controversy.

He said, “I thought my life was over. They called me a con man, a swindler, a fraud, and said they wouldn’t believe me because I was like that. I wondered if my family was like this because because I was in this business. I had to accept reality, but I was scared.”

Tablo’s episode will be aired on November 5th, and will also feature his wife Kang Hye Jung.

103012_tablo_kanghyejung.jpg

source: allkpop

Guest hb_jackpot

^^^ ... -___- ' please don't get me all watery eyed again, Tab, ufjcjkvjv seeing him cry makes me so angry, I can't even! Cygjcj ...

PS. Awwe his wife and him together just melts me :)

Gosh, I really haven't posted on soompi in forever before this, but I wanted to just say this...  I think I felt the same way when I first heard the songs when they came out.  I was like...huh?  Where did the sadness, the emotion, the thoughtful and deep MVs go?  I was waiting for them for three years, and it seems like they got swept up in the "new kpop" hype.

But then, I listened to all the songs, looked up their lyrics, and I realized that...actually, they haven't changed at all.  Their meaning is still there, their emotions are still there, and the MV for "Don't Hate Me" actually has a lot of hidden notes (check this out: http://seungriella.tumblr.com/post/34054746584/products-found-on-epik-highs-dont-hate-me-video).

And then...their comeback stage.  I mean...just look at them.  All three are back on stage, and they're so...incredibly happy.  And bouncy.  And just plain...them.  I mean, sure, I think many fans liked their older songs (Fan, Fly, One, Love Love Love) for their meaning and their beats, but when it comes down to it, they're happy how they are now.

Tablo said, "It’s a concept album so don’t take it too seriously and just enjoy it~ Oh oh oh~ Was oh oh~ #99."

Mithra said, "It's not like I can return crying.. Lets all smile! Everyone! Smiling is jjang!!"

So opinions aside, I'm glad they're back.  Let's welcome them with smiles, neh?  :)

Of course! And I'm so happy they are back and enjoy performing together again.

The album was just a surprise to me, i do love their lyrics as usual and I enjoy a lot of the songs in there.

Now I may not love the album but I don't hate it at all. I think it's different and I know they always do like changing up and experimenting, that's why I love artists who makes their own music because it's constantly changing because we as people change too. I'm just happy they are back as 3 :)

It's sad that Tablo had to go through that, but if anything hopefully this will discourage something like this from happening again. I know there will always be antis/haters, but there's a line that shouldn't be crossed. Maybe Tajinyo punishment will make some of them think twice before taking it to far. 

Twitter/Instagram Update
[Twitter 121029]
[TUKUTZ] 붕어빵 먹고싶다!! 지금 파는데 아시는분!!
Trans: I want to eat bungeoppang!! Anyone knows who’s selling then right now?
T/N: bungeoppang is the fish shaped bread with red bean past on the inside.
tumblr_mco1tbdKDj1r7ca5mo1_400.jpg
[iNSTAGRAM 121029] [bLO] 오늘은 윤도현형의 MUST 녹화. 방송은 11월 3일 밤 12시!
Trans: Today is Yoon Dohyun hyung’s Must recording. Broadcast on Nov 3rd at 12am midnight!
trans:epikhighfansite

Epik High Fansign Event
tumblr_mcz6wsY0371r7ca5mo7_1280.png
tumblr_mcz6wsY0371r7ca5mo8_1280.pngtumblr_mcz6tmCWSq1r7ca5mo2_1280.png

tumblr_mcz6wsY0371r7ca5mo1_1280.pngtumblr_mcz6wsY0371r7ca5mo2_1280.pngtumblr_mcz6wsY0371r7ca5mo3_1280.pngtumblr_mcz6wsY0371r7ca5mo4_1280.pngtumblr_mcz6wsY0371r7ca5mo5_1280.pngtumblr_mcz6wsY0371r7ca5mo6_1280.pngtumblr_mcz6wsY0371r7ca5mo9_1280.pngtumblr_mcz6tmCWSq1r7ca5mo3_1280.pngtumblr_mcz6tmCWSq1r7ca5mo4_1280.pngtumblr_mcz6tmCWSq1r7ca5mo5_1280.pngtumblr_mcz6tmCWSq1r7ca5mo6_1280.pngtumblr_mcz6tmCWSq1r7ca5mo7_1280.pngtumblr_mcz6tmCWSq1r7ca5mo1_1280.png
Source: keep on dreaming boy
 tumblr_mcz6j4sNR81r7ca5mo2_1280.pngtumblr_mcz6j4sNR81r7ca5mo3_1280.png
 tumblr_mcz6j4sNR81r7ca5mo4_500.pngtumblr_mcz6j4sNR81r7ca5mo5_500.pngtumblr_mcz6j4sNR81r7ca5mo6_500.pngtumblr_mcz6j4sNR81r7ca5mo1_1280.png Source: blog.naver.com/jewel_green

Twitter Update
tumblr_mcz5od8rCl1r7ca5mo1_1280.jpg
Tukutz: 와주셔서 고마워요~ HIGH SKOOL~!
Trans: Thank you for coming~HIGH SKOOL~!
Blo: 자주 보겠네요^^ 내일 엠카. 금요일 사인회. 토요일 윤도현의 MUST. 일요일 인기가요. 월요일 힐링캠프. 웃어요!
Trans: Seeing you guys more often^^ tomorrow Mcountdown. Friday signing. Saturday Yoon Do Hyun’s MUST. Sunday Inkigayo. Monday Healing Camp. Smile!
tumblr_mct86pduQ51qfxiaw.jpg
Blo:  작년 이 날 ‘열꽃’을 발표했었는데… 세월 참 빠르네요.
Trans: Last year on this day ‘Fever’s End’ was released…time sure flies.
cr: epikhighfansite

[NEWS] 121105 Epik High’s Tablo is Unable to Accept His Father’s Sudden Passing Just Yet
tumblr_md1dle4Hbo1r7ca5mo1_500.jpg
While he was able to withstand all the insults, the accusations, and the trials that came with his unnecessary ordeal, dealing with his academic credential, Tablo revealed that he’s still unable to let go of his father’s passing.
In a recent recording of SBS Healing Camp, Tablo shared his thoughts and feelings during the wrongful witch hunt and shed tears, talking about his father.

“My father was diagnosed with liver cancer in 2001 and made a full recovery, but because of the incident, he ended up falling ill and passing away,” explained Tablo. “I’m not ready to accept his passing.”

According to a Healing Camp staff member, Tablo was unable to speak because of his tears while talking about his father.

On the show, Tablo also talked about how his wife and actress, Kang Hye Jung never cried during the incident and stayed strong for her husband.

Tablo’s episode of Healing Camp will air on November 5.
Source: enewsworld

Epik High at SBS Power FM Choi Hwajung’s Power Time Radio
tumblr_md1v64cDjx1r7ca5mo2_500.png
tumblr_md1v64cDjx1r7ca5mo1_250.pngtumblr_md1v64cDjx1r7ca5mo6_250.png
tumblr_md1v64cDjx1r7ca5mo4_250.pngtumblr_md1v64cDjx1r7ca5mo3_250.png
tumblr_md1v64cDjx1r7ca5mo5_250.pngtumblr_md1v64cDjx1r7ca5mo7_250.png
via: epikhighfansite

Twitter & Instagram Updates
tumblr_md17dkiDPh1r7ca5mo1_400.jpg
BLO: 이하루입니다^^ SAY HELLO TO MY BABY GIRL HARU
Trans: This is Lee Haru^^SAY HELLO TO MY BABY GIRL HARU
tumblr_md17j4L24g1r7ca5mo1_500.jpg
TUKUTZ’S WIFE: 비오는날 독서한판 Unknown diner.
Trans: Rainy day reading about Unknown diner.
tumblr_md1twxZ1D31r7ca5mo1_400.jpg
BLO: 어제 공개한 하루의 사진 한장 더 올립니다^^ / ANOTHER SNAPSHOT OF HARU^^
Trans: Yesterday, I released a picture of Haru to the public, have another one^^ / ANOTHER SNAPSHOT OF HARU^^
tumblr_md4kmj7Ag51qfxiaw.jpg
BLO:
수험생 여러분 힘내세요!!!
Trans: Exam students, work hard!!

[수정!] 윤도현 MUST 다시보기는 여기라고 합니다:http://mnet.interest.me/tv/vod/150465 
Trans: [Edit] Watch Yoon Dohyun’s MUST here: http://mnet.interest.me/tv/vod/150465 

맵더소울 mapTV 그리워하는 분들을 위해 영상 하나 만들고 있습니다~ 기대하세요!
Trans: Making a video for those who miss Map the Soul’s map TV~ Look forward to it! (trans by kristinekwak)

스케줄 없는 날. 작업실! 
Trans: No schedule today. Studio!

이번주 에픽: 목요일 엠카 / 일요일 인기가요
Trans: This week Epik High: Thursday, MCountdown / Sunday, Inkigayo

몇일간 셀 수 없이 많은 응원글들, 하나 하나 고맙습니다! 여러분은 천사들입니다!
Trans: Thank you to those, one by one, for those countless cheering words these few days! You guys are angels!
trans: epikhighfansite

Guest firefree

[121105] Healing Camp (english transcript) subs coming soon

Source: TanVuShow@youtubeTranslation: phantokki@icarus-walks.net
-subs coming soon-[unsubbed video http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Wv-L8OCb7ss]Transcript:-make sure to keep credit when taking out ; Translation by phantokki@icaruswalks.netPlease, as a token of gratitude, at least comment a 'thank you' it shows you appreciate the translators work :)Translators note : there may be some errors -  if you see them don't be afraid to tell us we'll fix them right away!

Tablo: I thought my life was over. They called me a swindler, a cheater, a fake. They asked how could they trust me if I was that kind of person. I wondered if the events that happened to my family were because I worked in this field. I had to accept the truth, but I was scared.

Lee Kyung Gyu: This person has really needed healing.

Han Hye Jin: He really needed it

Lee Kyung Gyu: Icon of hate

Lee Kyung Gyu: Icon of suffering

Lee Kyung Gyu: Icon of tears

Han Hye Jin: Please come out!

Lee Kyung Gyu: It's Tablo!

Lee Kyung Gyu: Why did you carry this out?

Tablo: Well, this phrase relates to me. To making a new start: Don't Hate Me.                   

Han Hye Jin: It appeals to your emotions.

Lee Kyung Gyu: What % of the public do you think hates you?

Tablo: I don't even know. 50% probably hate me, while the other 50% don't care.

Lee Kyung Gyu: Well you can’t always receive love. Because there are people who don’t like you, there are those people who like you all the more. Ladies and Gentlemen; 3, 2, 1, Don’t Hate Me~

Lee Kyung Gyu: So a new album came out and you’re promoting. What is your title song?

Tablo: Don't Hate Me, Up, and It's Cold. The three songs.

Lee Kyung Gyu: Why are you getting cold after you’ve gotten UP?

Tablo: We actually started with It's Cold. Because, as you know...it was cold.

Lee Kyung Gyu: How many years has it been since you’ve last promoted?

Tablo: My solo album came out last year, but my first broadcast was also my last...I started at Inkigayo, and it was my last. Yes, this is the first true promotion period in quite a while. About 3 years. I came out on a variety show a while ago, but I didn’t know it’d be my last appearance…

Han Hye Jin: Well the program was cancelled anyways            

Tablo: Yeah, the program disappeared and I disappeared as well

Han Hye Jin: You were in a shopping cart some time ago in your performance. I was slightly shocked.

Lee Kyung Gyu: What concept is it?

Tablo: Well...if you say it like it...I seem like some moron. I wanted to ride a cart. I wanted to start again, like a little kid, so I wanted to ride the cart. But...a lot of people said I was trying too hard to be happy. So hard, in fact, I seemed pitiful.

Lee Kyung Gyu: In their thoughts, they thought you were forcefully trying to be happy.

Tablo: They must be uncomfortable that I'm laughing (because he's had that sad image for a while now). I went to Jung Joon Ha's wedding (famous Korean comedian) a while ago, and to congratulate him, Epik High went together as a whole. We greeted his parents, and his father must not have known what job I had, because when he asked, his wife introduced me as "Tablo, the man who suffered emotionally." So I thought "I see...this has become my job." Therefore I decided I wanted to start anew with a bright image.

Lee Kyung Gyu: Yes...now, 2010’s scandal. Tajinyo.

Tablo: I don’t really think of it as a scandal.

Lee Kyung Gyu: Well, those 9 main members are now under the police. Hasn’t everything been settled?

Tablo: Yes, everything’s settled. But personally, the results aren’t really that important to me, because I know what the truth is.

Lee Kyung Gyu: Did you feel that the truth would eventually come out?

Tablo: But even if the truth wasn't revealed, I thought it was something I needed to accept. If it wasn’t revealed, yes it’d be unfortunate, but-

Han Hye Jin: Didn't you feel falsely accused?

Tablo: Um...just for a short time. Of course I was sad.

Lee Kyung Gyu: But you did go to Stanford, right?

Tablo: I will send you the evidence (dry humor)

Lee Kyung Gyu: Did anyone you know become a part of TaJinYo?

Tablo: I learned how to regret. Even amongst the people I trusted, there were a lot of people who suspected me. But I think that was inevitable. I put myself in their shoes, and I asked myself, if I were in that situation, would I have trusted Tablo? I would have suspected myself too.

Lee Kyung Gyu: People who don’t know your past may think what the heck? It’s complicated.

Han Hye Jin: When did you first know [about TaJinYo]?

Tablo: I feel very complicated too. A lot of confounding situations arose. In November 2009, a netizen uploaded some suspicions.

Han Hye Jin: Like what?

Tablo: Like how there wasn't my name in the Stanford database. However, there was a different name I used; my real name, Daniel Sunwoong Lee, and my other name, Daniel Armand Lee. I changed it, so I could seem like I had something to my name, some status. But they had searched for the former name, so of course they wouldn’t find anything. As I encountered a lot of rumors before, I thought it wouldn't turn into anything big. My and company and I both thought it would pass. But somebody must have reported me to the police, because one day, a lot of articles began to come out. Then that issue began to attract more and more attention. But even then, because Hyejung was pregnant, I didn't pay much attention to the news. When the baby was finally born, I was ecstatic. It's such a happy event. I wanted to brag and I tweeted, but when I looked at the mentions, they weren't the congratulations I was expecting. There were so many that contained hate towards me, saying I was a swindler. I wondered what it was. Then I began to take it seriously.

Han Hye Jin: I heard that Tajinyo once had 200,000 members. But when you think that 200,000 people suspect you, if it were me, I would be scared.

Tablo: Truthfully, it even had more members than our fancafe.

Lee Kyung Gyu: How many are in your fancafe?

Tablo: Oh, they all left. But, of course, even when I looked at the numbers, I didn't even know the faces behind them. When I went outside...even in the hospital, I worried. I looked at the nurses...doctors...they had to put shots into the baby, and I was nervous.

Would those people suspect me too?

Tablo: Yes, at first I was like that. I was very uncomfortable. I was scared of food poisoning… I gathered so much hate. I was scared. I couldn’t go outside for 3 years, because there was gossip that I could hear with my ears.

Han Hye Jin: Like what?

Tablo: One time, I was at the hospital. There was a mother with her daughter and they were going up the stairs, and I was going down. When we passed, she looked at my face, and said, "Isn't that the man who faked his education?" I didn't know how to react to that.

Kim Jae Dong: Didn't you think you should explain it?

Tablo: People don't know this, but after that incident, I left my company. I lost my manager and there were no people to support me. It was such an unbelievable situation to happen to one person. Immediately after, I searched for evidence. In July 2010, I provided my graduation certificate, my records, my teachers' acknowledgments. I thought that was all I needed. For a while, a bunch of articles came out, but after about 2 days, they went back to their accusations, saying even those were fake. Before they even listened to me, they listened to the news. I felt that if they’d rather trust the news than me, then they must have thought I wasn't a likeable person, much less one to be trusted. I thought "I guess I was living in peoples' hate all this time. That must be why they don't trust me. I must not have a right to be a celebrity. I should probably not do this work anymore.” But my friend, Bong Tae Gyu must have been worried about me, because he constantly came over to my house and stayed there, watching over me even as I slept. Then one day he cautiously told me to fight back. But I didn’t even know how to, didn’t know what to do. Then he told me he knew someone and he introduced me. I went to meet the professional, but when I met him, even he suspected me and told me he needed some proof – proof that I wasn’t fake. he went here and there, looking for everything. Afterwards, he called me and asked me why I was hiding it. And I told him he should’ve trusted me in the first place! So August 2010, all my evidence was gathered.

Lee Kyung Gyu: You even went to America to get your evidence right?      

Han Hye Jin: What was the reaction after it was released?

Tablo: Even after it was released, they said it was fake.

Lee Kyung Gyu: Didn’t your teachers provide evidence for you?

Tablo: Yes, even my teachers came out and talked, but they were accused to be actors.

Han Hye Jin: Wow. There was really no end to it.

Lee Kyung Gyu: How many times did you try to prove yourself?

Tablo: I think I showed the same evidence…I can’t count the number of times.

Lee Kyung Gyu: Why didn’t you copy the documents?

Han Hye Jin: Of course he’d gather even more suspicion if it wasn’t the original.

Tablo: They asked the police to prove my evidence. But even when they proved it, TaJinYo didn’t believe it.

Lee Kyung Gyu: Didn’t they even do some research on your name?

Tablo: Yes. Not only my name; they also dug up my childhood pictures. They said I wasn’t myself, and that I lived a lie. My English name is Daniel, but in America, it’s very common.

Lee Kyung Gyu: Like Michael.

Tablo: And Daniel Henney. There was a student there whose name was Daniel Lee. They said I stole his name and education and lived a lie.

Lee Kyung Gyu: This is something you see in a movie, or drama. In Stanford, didn’t your colleagues come out to prove your legitimacy?

Tablo: They did. After they were informed, they gathered, and made a lot of pages on Facebook. They posted lots of old pictures. But again, of course, TaJinYo bothered them and made my colleagues prove themselves as well. After that, I thought, the people close to me should not be involved in this. I felt too sorry to ask for help. For the documentary, the PD must have asked numerous celebrities to say some words for me, but they apparently rejected in fear of receiving backlash. For a second, I was a bit sad, but after another second, I realized I would have said no anyways, because it would most likely be in vain.

Lee Kyung Gyu: When they didn’t believe you like that, did you feel any sort of anger?

Tablo: The strongest feeling I first felt was sadness. CDs my fans bought – they broke them and sent me pictures. They said they were disappointed in me. I was so sad. I wasn’t able to show them enough of my true self. I couldn’t show them my true actions. I began to hate myself. But even after those feelings, I still thought I should support my family. There was no time to get angry.

Lee Kyung Gyu: I heard there were many accusations towards your family as well.

Tablo: Yes…a lot of accusations went towards my family, of course.

Han Hye Jin: How..?

Tablo: They started with me, and went one by one. My mom had a salon, but her customers slowly decreased. In truth, they went and searched them out a lot too. They lied and said they were the police to get them to come out. There were lots of phone calls, lots of threats to everybody, telling us to leave quickly.

Han Hye Jin: What did they want? For you to leave from broadcasting?

Tablo: Well I already stopped broadcasting by then…

Lee Kyung Gyu: I can’t not ask you this question, but why? Why you? Why Tablo?

Not us. But why you? Because you were smart? Because you seemed like you had everything? Jealousy? You were an UmChinAh (mom’s friend’s son). You went to Stanford, and debuted as a successful hip hop artist. You had an arrogant image as a hip hop artist on variety, a sort of hateful character.

Tablo: Of course, I did.

Kim Jae Dong: I still remember when he came out on YaShimManMan.

Tablo: That was my first variety.

Kim Jae Dong: It’s like fate. First broadcast with me, last broadcast with him.

Lee Kyung Gyu: And your comeback broadcast is with us. What did you think of him?

Kim Jae Dong: Truthfully, he has a pretty look. He went to a prestigious school. He was successful as an artist. I didn’t feel good about myself. Jealousy came to mind.

Tablo: When I was in variety, to those of you who remember, I was blunt and truthful. I didn’t hide myself very well. Because Hyejung and I had a shotgun wedding, I declared to the public myself: we’re getting married. I’m the sort of person who speaks without thinking. Because Epik High was doing well, we had a lot of confidence. That kind of confidence and arrogance you find often in hip hop; they saw me as arrogant. I understand that. I talked in a way that was easy to hate.

Tablo: I was originally…if I liked someone, I really liked them. If I hated someone, I hated them. When I was little, I pretty much only liked two teachers. I hated everyone else. But I liked them because they respected me too. My personality was like that. And the way I looked at the world – I believe that the way I act towards the world, I will get it back. Now, I’m more neutral. Again, back then, when I was in variety, I had that sort of character: suspicious. Nowadays, I’m not like that. Back then, I used to think towards people; I’m watching you.

Tablo: In my Internet profile, my hobby was listed as conspiracy theories.

Lee Kyung Gyu: Usually hobbies are listed as fishing.

Tablo: Because they knew me so well; I didn’t know what to do. And I lack obedience. This is all old news though. As soon as I met someone who seemed commanding, I’d feel rebellious. I’d want to challenge them. However, nowadays, I give up quickly. Looking back, I wonder why I was like that.

Lee Kyung Gyu: Nowadays, what is your hobby?

Tablo: After marrying….obedience.

Kim Jae Dong: So you do something when your wife asks you to?

Tablo: Well I have to do it before she asks me.

Lee Kyung Gyu: What I’m curious of is how you fared during your time? A real rich person can only call themselves rich if they could live comfortably for 3 years without working. You said you rested for 3 years. How did you fare?

Han Hye Jin: These situations came up as soon as you married Kang Hye Jung. It must have been hard to pay for milk or diapers. It must have been burdensome.

Tablo: Yes, it was. The time my heart most hurt was when my child wanted a toy. I felt sorry. I should have bought it for her without any hesitation, but I’d have to calculate the cost in my head first. In a way, it is in fact something you have to do. But I still felt sorry. Especially towards my wife, as a husband, I promised to take care of her, but these things came up as soon as we married. The only way I was paid was through royalties, and during that time, my songs didn’t play much on the radio.

Tablo: Our income decreased. Our mindset changed. One time, $500 came in. But…it was such a great amount of money for us. It was so large that I even thought to tell my wife that I’d buy her something nice that day. A long time ago, I didn’t think it was a lot. But during that time, it was so much. So my mindset completely changed. I call it my crazy mindset.

Lee Kyung Gyu: So because of all those problems right after marriage, were there any problems as a couple?

Tablo: We actually became closer. Truthfully, in a way, I saw so many different surprising sides of her. She was stronger than I’d thought. She never once showed she was struggling through those 3 years.

Kim Jae Dong: She must have been struggling too though.

Tablo: Yes, she was suffering probably more than me. But she always comforted me. Only once did she scold me. I had a sullen face, and it didn’t create a good atmosphere at the dinner table. She slammed down her spoon, and ordered me to cry. She told me to cry as much as I wanted to. But at those words, I really did cry. “Cry it all out right now. You’re not a person who’s unable to win this.” So I did. I cried like a kid.

Han Hye Jin: Didn’t she cry with you?

Tablo: She never cried. Only after all this settled down, I asked her, “was it hard?” And then, she cried. She wanted to cry, but she couldn’t because she was supporting me. In a way, she’s manlier than me.

Han Hye Jin: Wow, she’s amazing.

Lee Kyung Gyu: Now about the father who has left this world.

Tablo: In light of this situation, my father was of course, hurt. His son was going through these problems, and in addition to that, people cursed at him and suspected my father because of me. He felt very hurt. In 2001, he was diagnosed with liver cancer.

It was a dangerous situation, but he almost completely perfectly healed. However, after that situation arose, he all of a sudden collapsed in 2011. He fainted in the street. He wasn’t in a good condition and was sent to the emergency room. The reason I remember that day is because that was the day the TaJinYo trials started. He had so much stress that he had to have surgery on his head, and in order to heal, he stayed at the hospital for a while. But then in March of this year, he went into shock. By the time I arrived at the hospital, he was unconscious.

Lee Kyung Gyu: It seems like you would blame yourself for these happenings.

Tablo: So in the situations in these past few years, he accepted all these things. The things I lost through music, I can gain back by working hard. I can’t turn back my father’s death though. My dad’s issues…I still…I’m still…I’m still not over it. I still haven’t accepted the reality of it, even though I should, but I’m still not ready.

Kim Jae Dong: It’s okay.

Lee Kyung Gyu: Do you remember your last words with your father?

Tablo: He was in the hospital briefly, after his surgery. The other patients had tablets, and were watching movies. He must have been jealous. I didn’t even know he was interested in those sorts of things. One day, he asked me to buy him one. So I bought him one, and taught him how to use it. I wrote it all down. Before he passed away, I was at a coffee shop talking business. He called, and asked me how to do something on it. So he asked me, and I explained it, but even after 30 minutes of explaining, he was still asking the same questions. So I got irritated. I said, “Dad, I wrote it all down for you and explained.” And then, as he laughed, he said, “Ah, I used to learn these things quickly, but it’s harder nowadays.” I told him that I’d teach him again next time I visited him, and hung up.

Tablo: At the hospital, after he passed, I was packing his things; I saw a book of instructions for how to work a tablet PC that he bought. As I saw that, I thought the book looked so alone. I still…I still often forget that my father is gone, and then that book constantly comes to mind. I still…I’m too scared to accept it [his death].

Tablo: In that tablet that I bought him, as I turned it on, with the camera that I taught him how to use, in the photo gallery, there was a 7 second video. I hear myself explaining to my dad how to use it. The video is so strange to me.

Lee Kyung Gyu: Did you cause him a lot of trouble or..?

Tablo: When I told him I would do this work, he was absolutely against it. “It’s an unstable world.” The very first thing he told me when trouble arose was, “see, I told you this might arise.” When he told me that, I was a bit sad. I could have done without him telling me that.

Kim Jae Dong: Instead of criticizing you, he could have supported you. Those kinds of thoughts?

Tablo: Yes. In a way, because I chose this field, I often thought that was why my family turned out this way. I’m a bit regretful. If only he endured a little longer, he would be alive to see this clear up. Truthfully, my dad was my biggest fan. He learned all our lyrics, and saw all our concerts without fail. When I released my solo album, it was depressing – dark. I had converted all my hidden emotions during that period into songs. But when my father heard those songs, he felt hurt. “You used to have so much fun jumping around on stage. Why has your music gotten so sad?” So I promised my father; the next time he had an opportunity to go to my concert, I would show him the side of me who would jump and have fun. The fact that I couldn’t show him is a bit…

Lee Kyung Gyu: Well, if he saw you riding a cart like you’re doing now, he could have even stopped you.

Tablo: Yes, probably… “What’s a grown adult like you doing?”

Lee Kyung Gyu: Well since this is all over, would you like to say some words to your family?

(Tablo passes Han Hye Jin tissues)

Kim Jae Dong: Or rather, I think she needs some words as well.

Tablo: I’m sorry.

Han Hye Jin: Even as I listen to your story, it’s sad…

Lee Kyung Gyu: Yes, a very sad story. Now, something to say to your family?

Tablo: Mom. I don’t know if you’re listening to this album we just released, but I’m laughing and releasing music once again. It may be hard but trust me, and you have to laugh again too.

Tablo: This isn’t much of a situation to clap at.

Lee Kyung Gyu: Yes well, after such a sad period, the best way to get the mood UP is to clap. And now, a special present to the icon of (now) happiness

-They roll in Kang Hye Jung in a box-

Tablo: What is this? What about the baby?

Kang Hye Jung: She’s at home of course. Hello, I’m Tablo’s wife, Kang Hye Jung. Yeah, I was stuck in the next room for so long…

Tablo: When…when did you arrange this?

Han Hye Jin: Before you came.

Tablo: Wow…her acting. Even this morning, I said “Wifey, I’ll try to do my best on this show” and she said “Okay~~”

Kang Hye Jung: I didn’t do it like that!

Tablo: No, you were half asleep. Wow, I really didn’t know. To be truthful, because this is my first TV appearance in a while (as the main character), I asked if she would come with me because I’d be too nervous. If she were close to me, I’d be calmer. But she said she had to watch the baby, so she couldn’t.…Wow, her acting.

Kang Hye Jung: Yes, well I usually fool him very well.

Han Hye Jin: He’s still very mung~ (confused/spaced out)          

Lee Kyung Gyu: So while Tablo was going through this, you stuck by him. You must have been hurt too, but you held it in.

Kang Hye Jung: Well my husband has a lot of tears. He always cried first, so how could I cry!

Tablo: No…

Kang Hye Jung: There wasn’t even enough time to comfort him. I held it in. I mean, usually the wife is all sobbing and the husband is comforting her, saying “It’s okay, it’ll be alright, trust me.” Instead, I was the one going “Yeah, it’s okay, it’ll be okay.”

Tablo: No, no…when did I cry like that. I cried coolly. With like, one tear rolling down my cheek.

Lee Kyung Gyu: Did he really cry like that?

Kang Hye Jung: “Why do they do this to only me?” (LOL)

Lee Kyung Gyu: When women cry, they cry a little. But when men cry, it spills over.

Kang Hye Jung: Yes, it spilled over.

Kim Jae Dong: Because we hold it in, then let it all out.

Kang Hye Jung: If he didn’t do at least that, then how could he live?

Han Hye Jin: Tablo told us this briefly, but we heard you slammed your spoon down and ordered him to cry?

Kang Hye Jung: Yeah, I got irritated.

[same story, different feeling(?)]

Kim Jae Dong: Ah, it was such a touching story, but now…

Kang Hye Jung: It was annoying!

Lee Kyung Gyu: It’s funny now, but was it hard for you too?

Kang Hye Jung: Of course it was harder for him. No matter what, whenever the phone rang, it’d never be good news. There was a time when we wished the phone wouldn’t ring no matter what, because the times in between phone calls would be our happiest times.

Lee Kyung Gyu: Was it hard on your marriage?

Kang Hye Jung: It was a gloomy time. But I often said that these situations have to happen at some point. I’m glad they happened earlier on. We’ve experienced and gone through all these obstacles and hardships together. It’s a relief. I’m one to over exaggerate, but Tablo’s a rather strong person. I’m extremely proud of him, enough to brag. So treat me well!

Tablo: More than anything, she’s strong on the outside but she’s weak on the inside.

Kang Hye Jung: Yes, I’m weak.

Kim Jae Dong: And Tablo’s strong on the inside but weak on the outside?

Kang Hye Jung: Oh no, he’s strong overall but his body’s weak.

Tablo: Yeah, my body is weak.

Lee Kyung Gyu: There are words that you approached Tablo first?

Kang Hye Jung: Yup. He was promoting 1 minute 1 second. I heard his music, got curious, and searched him up. He seemed so similar to me, so I went to his concert, and I said I wanted to meet him. But then…

Han Hye Jin: Then what?

Kang Hye Jung: I was very calm towards this person. I said hello and bowed, but in this person’s memory, I was apparently very arrogant.

Tablo: She was a very unfriendly person. The person who introduced us was Bong Tae Gyu. Bong Tae Gyu comes out yet again in this talk. Tae Gyu and Hye Jung were with a few other actors, and when they said hello, they were slightly arrogant. Truthfully, I was a little arrogant as well.

Han Hye Jin: You could have been shy.

Tablo: Yes, it was because I was shy.

Han Hye Jin: Because you liked her.

Kang Hye Jung: Well it was Kang Hye Jung after all.

Tablo: Well I sat down and greeted them, and she said hello sideways, sort of nonchalantly.

[KHJ denies. What is he talking about?]

Kang Hye Jung: No..

Tablo: I thought, what is this? I already heard from Tae Gyu that she was interested in me, as a fan. He wanted to introduce us. After all, she was the one who came to my concert.

Kang Hye Jung: …He must have wanted to me to go “OMG Tablo! Hello! I like you so much!” But think about it. I’m also an actress.

Tablo: When I went to say hello, I felt I had the bigger hand, because this girl liked me. I thought, coolly, I’ll wait and see. But as soon as we greeted each other, it was reversed.

Kang Hye Jung: Well I thought I’d play it cool and simply say hello, but he wouldn’t even look at me.

Tablo: No, she didn’t say hello like that. She said hello with a tone of condescension.

Kang Hye Jung: No I didn’t.

Han Hye Jin: Because both of you were interested, but also shy, weren’t you uncomfortable and awkward?

Lee Kyung Gyu: Wow, you have good insight.

Han Hye Jin: Because if you two weren’t interested in each other, you would have simply said hello brightly with no feelings attached.

Lee Kyung Gyu: Couples always have different sides of their first meeting.

Kang Hye Jung: But that wasn’t our first meeting.

Tablo: Truthfully, I thought she wouldn’t remember. I was embarrassed. With the song Fly, we were literally flying because of its success. My member Tukutz and I decided to get some quality phones, so we went to the phone store. There was a girl sitting next to us, and she was putting this film on her phone. She was so concentrated in putting it on. It looked a bit childish to be honest. It was probably Tukutz..?

Kang Hye Jung: What Tukutz!

Tablo: Oh was it me? It must have been me.

Kang Hye Jung: I will tell you clearly. I was putting it on diligently, because I got it for free. I was hard at work, when all of sudden, someone next to me goes “Ah, who puts those on nowadays. Take it off, quickly!! How childish!” It was our first meeting. I didn’t know him.

Tablo: I wasn’t even far away from her; I was right next to her. I didn’t even see who it was. I was looking at her phone, and she was working so hard at it. And whenever I said something back then, Tukutz would parrot me. “Yeah, why are you doing something like that!” She walked out, after sitting calmly. I didn’t think anything of it, and then one of the workers there said it was the actress Kang Hye Jung. I was shocked. “What do I do?!”  I was a fan. “What do I do?! She’s going to think we’re so cheap!”

Kang Hye Jung: I was shocked too. I mean, I had a lot of activities back then. I was flying more than him. I was me. As soon as I walked out…in a burst of frustration I said “What is that bastard?!” And my dongsaeng next to me goes “Unni, that was Tablo.” I said “He seemed like such a normal person, but he’s so weird.” So I went out, and I said I felt like I’d see that person again.

Tablo: After we met that second time, I thought “I think I’ll marry this person.”

Kang Hye Jung: Truthfully, I didn’t think he would be that person exactly.

Tablo: Oh…I see…ha ha ha ha

Kang Hye Jung: We fought a lot. We have fire-like personalities. When we fought, we’d absolutely fight.

Tablo: One time, on a rainy day, we ran completely opposite directions like we were crazy, and because we have such dramatic personalities, I was running with no shoes. I don’t know why.

Kang Hye Jung: As for me, I was driving recklessly.

Han Hye Jin: For how long did you ignore each other?

Kang Hye Jung: I don’t exactly remember, but we didn’t talk to each other for a while. Then he called me, and told me he had something important to say. I went, and thought “if you go out of line, it’s the end of you.” But…

Lee Kyung Gyu: He apologized?

Kang Hye Jung: He didn’t just say sorry. He told me everything from his point of view, and unloaded everything, and that’s when I thought he could potentially be a person I could trust forever.

Tablo: So it was then…I thought she fell in love at first sight

Lee Kyung Gyu: When you fight, do you damage anything in your house?

Kang Hye Jung: Yes, on my part.

Lee Kyung Gyu: Ah..

Kang Hye Jung: Ah, my mother-in-law is watching this.

Tablo: The coffee machine…

Kim Jae Dong: Why?

Kang Hye Jung: I think he wronged me, 100%

Tablo: Yeah, I wronged her. I wronged her, but…

Kang Hye Jung: I was of the mindset of not apologizing first, because he’s the one who wronged me. But he didn’t say anything for a few days. I wondered what to do because I’m very impatient, and I finally came to a conclusion. I decided to talk to him, but because he didn’t give me the answer I was looking for, I threw the thing.

Tablo: I chickened out and literally ran away. I went to Bong Tae Gyu’s house, and asked him, “What do I do? What do I do? I’m scared, what do I do?”

Han Hye Jin: Did he apologize after that?

Kang Hye Jung: Yes.

Tablo: I brood when we fight and go silent.

Kang Hye Jung: Yes, and I’m the type to pull words out from him.

Tablo: She fights and makes up quickly.

Kang Hye Jung: And my husband is the type to think things through.

Lee Kyung Gyu: When you tell stories like that, you can picture your lifestyle.

Kang Hye Jung: Do you think he’s caged..!? It’s not like that!

Lee Kyung Gyu: No, he’s not caged. That’s married life.

Kang Hye Jung: Don’t be alarmed~ She’s so pretty.

-Pictures and videos of Haru, their daughter-

Kang Hye Jung: She doesn’t like it when I’m on TV. But when her dad is on TV, she watches it over and over.

Tablo: She likes Psy hyung too. After she listened to the song, not long after, she immediately recognized it as “Uncle’s song! Uncle’s song!” I was slightly disappointed. I’m a little iffy because even before his major success, Hye Jung would always push me to be more like him.

Lee Kyung Gyu: Why do you say that?

Kang Hye Jung: He always performs on stage with seemingly nothing to lose.

Tablo: She said it like this. We went to his concert, and we were having fun in the crowd when all of a sudden she taps me and goes, “That’s how you do it! His dance is so smooth!”

Lee Kyung Gyu: You’re in YG. Did you snatch a spot for your husband too or..?

Tablo: I didn’t have anywhere to go then. There was no place to take me easily because of my issues.

Kang Hye Jung: I wanted someone able to give good advice to him, so I introduced my CEO to him.

Tablo: In a way, because of her, I was given opportunities to make music again. I never forget that the reason I’m doing music again is because Hye Jung has made sure I don’t give up on it. If I hadn’t married her, I would never have been able to handle this alone.

Lee Kyung Gyu: There’s this saying. In order to become an adult, you must experience two things. One, you have to be a parent after getting married. Two, you have to endure a tough life situation. Then, you’ll be a new person.

Han Hye Jin: You two have experienced both.

Lee Kyung Gyu: How do you two feel?

Kang Hye Jung: Because Tablo is busy nowadays, there are some things only I do with Haru, like flying a kite-

Tablo: I’m sorry.

Kang Hye Jung: No, it’s okay. You do it all for me when I’m busy.

Kim Jae Dong: Talking amongst yourselves while in the midst of recording is…

Kang Hye Jung: I’m sorry. Anyways, all these two ahjussis were flying their kites, and mine wasn’t flying very well. There were even people running with theirs, and after standing there for a while, I got the hang of it. I let the kite catch the wind by itself. It flew by itself, while I handled it and pulled it in if it got too far. Without me knowing, I realized that flying a kite was similar to raising a child. If the kite wants to fly, let it go easy, and if it goes in a wrong direction, you have to pull it back slightly to get it back on the right track. Ambition is all the same – the ambition to let your kids fly towards the sky. But in order to let your kid fly as high as they can go, you have to let them go gradually. I got this from Tablo.

Tablo: No…as I’m listening, it seems as if she’s talking about me.

Kang Hye Jung: Yes, this is my child. You can ‘Fly.’

Tablo: Truthfully, during the period where I had almost no income, she appeared in plays and random roles on TV. Ah, even thinking about it makes me cry.

Kang Hye Jung: No, that makes me feel bad. I did that originally to live and eat.

Tablo: But she’s the woman I love, and she acts well but she appeared in little short roles in order to keep the family income up, and the first thing she did when she got her paychecks was to buy me presents. That was very heart-warming. From now on, I hope Hye Jung will act seriously again. There may be even more situations like that in our lives, but I’m ready now. Even if something like that arises again, I will be ready.

Lee Kyung Gyu: Yes. How I see it is that Tablo, you’re not a particularly dependable husband, but he’s your strong support.

Kang Hye Jung: We’re learning. We’re learning each other’s quirks, how to reign the other in, and I hope in the future we can learn to lean on each other more.

Lee Kyung Gyu: Well we have an actual surprise for you.

Tablo: Really? This isn’t a hidden camera prank is it?

Lee Kyung Gyu: No, why are you like that.

-Kim Jae Dong rolls in a 3-year anniversary cake-

Han Hye Jin: Tomorrow is your wedding anniversary isn’t it? 10.26. So we prepared a cake.

Tablo: Thank you. You made me into a flower boy.

Han Hye Jin: Because you encountered such difficulties throughout your early marriage years, we hope that you can start anew. That’s why we also prepared a reminder wedding.

Tablo: Are you marrying us? This is so rushed; it feels like a Las Vegas wedding.