Epik High (에픽하이) Official Thread [#2023]

YongZura⁷

Guest gr3ent

^ where did u hear about them only performing at clubs? that would be retarded since they have fans that are also under 21. but yeh, im super excited for the concert now that the dates have been released.

ooh, epik high is going to be on chocolate today in korea. i hope someone posts their perf online.

Guest xradiostatic

*cries forever because chicago isn't on the list*

dang. it's like all of the west coast gets epik high D:

sigh. oh well.

i really want to go to the NYC one. i guess the dates on Kero One's myspace are right :P

I think they gotta be right they are all the same time & dates as someone posted at mapthesoul boards.

I don't think Epik High is gonna have a club concert for only 21+ ages in Seattle..I read that its ALL AGES but only 21+ for drinking at the bar?

http://www.soompi.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=284059

SATURDAY MAY 23TH 2009!!

KING CAT THEATER

2130 6th AVENUE,

SEATTLE, WA 98121

PHONE: 206-448-2829

7PM ALL AGES/21+ FOR BAR W/ID

TICKETS GO ON SALE THIS WEEK!

CHECK BACK FOR MORE INFORMATION

Guest Windaxman

Last Updated on 05.10.07

EPIK HIGH - 에픽 하이

WOOLLIM Entertainment

www.epikhigh.com

The group was unknown to many Koreans in the beginning of their career due to the lack of popularity of hip-hop music in Korea. They begun their success from Second Album, "High school, Lesson2(Sunset).. etc.". With the big success of their third and fourth albums (released in late 2005 and early 2007), they have become one of the most popular hip-hop groups in Korea.

Group Members:

Tablo (Korean Name 이선웅), (July 22, 1980) is the leader and rapper of the group. He was born in South Korea and moved to Canada when he was eight years old. Tablo is known not only for his appearance in Korean variety shows and sitcoms such as MBC's Nonstop5, but also for his Bachelor's Degree and Master's Degree in English Literature and Creative Writing from Stanford University, California, USA.[4] Tablo was a big hip-hop fan ever since he could remember, listening to old Run-DMC and Cold Crush tapes and always rhyming around the way in South Korea. But there was one emcee who inspired him to take it seriously. After he heard Drunken Tiger rapping, he became part of a group called Epik High in 2000 and also claimed to be the first emcee to invent the rhyming rifle. In the fickle world of hip-hop, Tablo kept his name alive over the years by doing shows and various cameos with the EPMD. He is planning on making his own album later.

Mithra Jin (Korean Name 최진), (January 6, 1983) is a rapper in the group. Mithra Jin was originally a poet whose poems also worked as rhymes. Park emceeing and poetry readings were the first places where he met his future partner Tablo. They were introduced by a mutual friend and clicked right away because each other's style of poetic rhymes was comparable.

DJ Tukutz (Korean Name 김정식), (November 19, 1981) is the disc jockey for the group. DJ Tukutz first got into DJ-ing in the summer of 1995 while spending his time at illegal raves and warehouse parties, where his passion for the scene and music began. He started playing at local raves and parties in Japan's underground Hip-Hop scene, before moving up to South Korea in 2000 to attend the Technics DJ School. After returning from the academy, he hooked up with Tablo and headed to the states. He worked and DJ-ed on radio shows, live events and clubs around the Boston and New York City area.

Discography:

Volume 1 - Map of the Human Soul (2003) yesasia

Volume 2 - High Society (2004) yesasia

Volume 3 - Swan Songs (2005) yesasia

Volume 3.5 - Black Swan Songs (Repackaged) (2006) yesasia

Volume 4 - Remapping the Human Soul (2007) yesasia

Music Videos:

1. Fly

2. Paris youtube

3. Photo Album

4. Day of Peace youtube

5. Fan

6. I Remember

7. (Being) Alone

8. Love Love Love

9. Music is My Life (feat kwill) youtube

Random Youtube Videos:

Happy Shares Company: Mithra Jin vs. Hwango (04.28.07) pt1 pt2 pt3 pt4 pt5

Star Golden Bell (04.14.07) pt1 pt2 pt3 pt4 pt5 pt6 pt7

New X-Man Ep.12- Star Battle Performance youtube

New X-Man Ep.22 - Star Battle Performace youtube

Old X-Man Ep.3 - Hand Pushing Game youtube

Epik High Performances:

1TYM & Epik High - Tell Me

Leesang feat. Epik High - Beautiful Life

Epik High Live Special

Epik High - Love Love Love & Fan (MBC Music Core Comeback Special 1/27/07)

Epik High - Love Love Love (MBC Music Core 3/31/07 with Brian & Hyun Joong)

Epik High - Love Love Love (SBS Inkigayo 4/1/07)

Epik High feat. Yoonjin - Love Love Love (Music Core 3/17/07)

Epik High - Fan (SBS Inkigayo 3/11/07)

Epik High - Fan (SBS Inkigayo 1/28/07)

Epik High - Love Love Love (SBS Inkigayo 1/4/07)

Nell & Epik High - I'll Be Missing You (YDH Love Letter 5/18/07)

Epik High & Younha Special Stage (Music Bank 5/13/07)

Epik High & Big Bang Special Stage (Music Bank 3/18/07)

Epik High - Day of Peace (MBC Music Camp)

Epik High - Fan (Hollywood Bowl 2007)

Epik High & Jinju - Where Is The Love

Random Youtube Videos:

Epik High Heroine 6 Catch the Mouse Game in English

Tablo on Nonstop 5 Cut

Tablo on Ya Shim Man Man (English Subbed)

Tablo & Tukutz Battle Performance on New X-Man

Tablo as Love Translator on Nonstop 5

Epik High - Star Focus (English Subbed)

Epik High - Love Love Love MV Shoot (News Extra)

Epik High Fan MV Shoot (English Subbed)

Epik High - Fan MV Shoot Pops in Seoul (English Subbed)

Tablo's Solo CF Shoot (English Subbed)

Tablo, Eru & Brian - Like A Man (Chin Chin Radio)

Tablo, Eru & Brian - Rebirth (Chin Chin Radio)

Tablo & Mithra on Hey Hey Hey Part 1

Tablo & Mithra on Hey Hey Hey Part 2

Epik High Fanboy

Epik High & Super Junior T Mission Cut (Happy Shares Company 3/24/07)

Epik High & Super Junior T vs. Japanese Guy (Star King)

Mithra vs. Hwang Bo (Happy Shares Company Part 2 1/7)

Mithra vs. Hwang Bo (Happy Shares Company Part 2 2/7)

Mithra vs. Hwang Bo (Happy Shares Company Part 2 3/7)

Mithra vs. Hwang Bo (Happy Shares Company Part 2 4/7)

Mithra vs. Hwang Bo (Happy Shares Company Part 2 5/7)

Mithra vs. Hwang Bo (Happy Shares Company Part 2 6/7)

Mithra vs. Hwang Bo (Happy Shares Company Part 2 7/7)

Awards:

2005 KBS Korean Music Awards, The Artists of the year (Tied)

2005 SBS Korean Music Awards, The Artist of the year (Hip-Hop)

2005 Korean Golden Disk Awards, Best Hip-Hop Artist

2005 MNet KM Music Video Festival Awards, Best Hip-Hop Music Video

Credit to: xx_swit_c_xx, wikipedia, answers.com, artful_DODGER

I just heard they're performing with Far East Movement sometimes soon in the U.S.

Guest damifino

Heechul's latest entry on his minihompy... it's about Mithra and Heechul doing his usual PR for his friends' latest projects including advertising mapthesoul.com :)

Also Heechul also included Epik High's latest release "Map The Soul" in his background music as well as the title of the minihompy being "Map The 希 (Hee)."

Check the "LATEST UPDATES" folder in the Board tab to find the various locations of the translations.

For translations of Heechul's minihompy, fan cafe, Iple, shows, news articles, schedule, and more...

www.cyworld.com/allaboutheenim

direct link is embedded in the URL

As always, to read and scrap the original post AND to reply, check out Heechul's minihompy at

www.cyworld.com/yuri9doo

and his fan cafe KIseKI at

cafe.daum.net/HCkiseki

Yup... Epik High will be touring... with support from the Far-East Movement! Right now, it looks like the Seattle location seems to be the most confirmed with promotions going for it. This is going to be one heck of a tour!

Guest xbananaxmexblahx

Does anyone have this bigger version of this picture ?

epik-high.jpg

&& can't wait for their concert in L.A. !! I heard it might be May 16 ??!! YAY !! totally stokedd !

& Far east Movement is opening for them on their world tour :D

Guest sam sik

does anyone know what the venue is for san francisco?

and is it 21+? i hope not ><

and the price?!?!? i REALLy wanna go ><

It's only 21+ for those who want to be at the bar.

KING CAT THEATER

2130 6th AVENUE,

SEATTLE, WA 98121

Guest bumpz

CodeAnalysis posted the perfs on Youtube. I must say they are really EPIK <3<3.

Rap Parade and Cipher http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xoEt0JQ55Lo...re=channel_page

Map The Soul http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXNjcH_6GUY...re=channel_page

Top Gun http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hi05kVNrCKE...re=channel_page

I'm seriously in love with TOP GUN

Those are some killer performances...thanks for posting :)

The old rap parade was really ill and the crowd went nuts on Fly lol

Guest sheart

kinda doubt anyone will know wtf i'm talking about but....

does ANYONE else think MYK's part in 'Map the Soul (worldwide version)' sounds similar to Zion I's 'Bird's Eye View'?!

seriously (this isn't an accusation of copying, it's just that 'bird's eye view' was one of my favorite songs for a very long time..)

Guest fallenframes

Heechul's latest entry on his minihompy... it's about Mithra and Heechul doing his usual PR for his friends' latest projects including advertising mapthesoul.com :)

Also Heechul also included Epik High's latest release "Map The Soul" in his background music as well as the title of the minihompy being "Map The 希 (Hee)."

Check the "LATEST UPDATES" folder in the Board tab to find the various locations of the translations.

For translations of Heechul's minihompy, fan cafe, Iple, shows, news articles, schedule, and more...

www.cyworld.com/allaboutheenim

direct link is embedded in the URL

As always, to read and scrap the original post AND to reply, check out Heechul's minihompy at

www.cyworld.com/yuri9doo

and his fan cafe KIseKI at

cafe.daum.net/HCkiseki

thanks eunice!

that was an adorable post heechul wrote about mithra <3

Guest natnatnaz

On tablo's blog on mapthesoul.com theres a post with a gif of him crying during the performance. he loooks soo sad. does anyone know when that was??????

This was answered for me a few pages back

It was actually during the parade concert. They sang Pieces of You at the end and it was just really emotional. The song is about his father. You could hear the emotion in his voice at the end. The whole this left me speechless. In a word it was EPIK haha...

Guest prisonerzero

Anyone remember how long it took to get the album shipped once you ordered it? I ordered it during the weekend and it still says Preperation for Delivery or something. I just want to know if I did something wrong or if it's just taking a while.

Just wondering if anyone on a Mac has been able to order yet? I kept thinking they would send out an email when PayPal is set up, but still nothing... :(

Guest crescendoll

Anyone remember how long it took to get the album shipped once you ordered it? I ordered it during the weekend and it still says Preperation for Delivery or something. I just want to know if I did something wrong or if it's just taking a while.

Darthvader posted in the SHOP Q&A:

Shipping Internationally (reasons for delay)

We are aware many of you have successfully made payments and are waiting for shipments. We have held on international shipments until Thursday Korea time for many reasons I will explain below.

1. Too many people have asked for last minute changes. This requires us to manually fix your order. This takes a lot of time to make sure there are no mistakes.

2. Since we know that international shipping is very expensive, we want to make sure that every order is delivered perfectly. As you are aware all sales are final, exchanging your orders after it has shipped is not allowed.

3. We are still getting requests to change orders even though our shipping date was set for 4/6.

For all of the above reasons your orders have been kept here at the store.

Please check after Thursday Korean time.

master (Darthvader)

Guest SillyYun

Epik High's shoutout to soompi!!!! <333

thanks for the link LOL..

I kinda had a shock when i first see them go like SOOMPI~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~lol...

so cool to get them talk about soompi :P

orders can be confusing T_T

Guest Nakuru

As the original thread starter of this thread has abandoned the job of keeping it up to date, we're looking for someone new to take over. They should make sure the first post info is up to date, and be someone who keeps up with Epik High news and will be active in maintaining this thread i.e. posting news, commenting, changing the thread sub-heading to reflect the group's current activities, etc. Please PM me if you're interested in becoming the new thread owner or if you have recommendations of other members who you think might be suitable candidates.

Edit: New thread starter found