Epik High (에픽하이) Official Thread [#2023]

YongZura⁷

@JANG. - i have that pic but that icon is amazing. and what lyrics is that? :D

isn't it? <33 you should definitely check out epik high's LJ; it has tons of amazing icons. (:

the lyrics are from a section of tablo's rap in "연필깎이" on their pieces album.

beautiful beautiful song.

I think Hanbooks would be similar to G-market? I was comparing the prices of the Korean version and they were roughly the same.

I.. it might have just been me though.

i ordered the korean version from habooks and the price before shipping is like, 19.95? the grand total as about 22-ish dollars for me and i got the book in about a week.

Guest TeeJay1092

I also emailed the CEO of Yesasia and received a completely different response from xPaperScarsx email :|

Dear Customer,

Thank you very much for your support to YesAsia.com.

With reference to your inquiry dated Jan 22, 2009, we would like to inform you that we are not carrying your requested item, “Pieces of You: a Book of Short Stories” (by Tablo from Epik High) but we have already forwarded your request to our responsible colleagues for their necessary action to check whether we are going to carry it. Once if we have any feedback, no matter it is positive or negative, we will immediately keep you informed.

...So there is a slight, very slight chance they may indeed stock it? All we can do now is hope for the best ._.

Guest crazzeedrim

I pre-ordered my book from DVDheaven...im too impatient for other sites lol. I did the cheapest shipping option so my total was about $28, but i'll have to wait 1-2 weeks after the release before i get the book... i almost paid $50 before i realized i had other shipping options

I got this email from dvdheaven a little bit ago

Hi~ Thanks always for your interenst in dvdheaven.com. [book] Pieces of You - Book of Story will be released at 11/Feb/2009. (It is delayed from productor) Please refer to the date. ** And It is holiday from 24/Jan/2009 to 27/Jan/2009 in Korea because of the lunar New Year´s Day. Our service will be opened again from 28/Jan/2009.** Have a nice day^^

so it looks like we all have to wait a little longer...unless its just dvdheaven.

anyways...i'm super excited about this book! I can't wait to read it! ^_^

oh...and my friend was wondering something...with the pre-ordered books, are they all signed by Tablo? I know theres limited editions, but what exactly is special about them?

Guest natnatnaz

There is an actual korean bookstore near my home in CA named Aladdin...

I'm not sure if its the same as the website...

I should go ask them if they are going to sell Tablo's book...

Guest starflower135

http://hanbooks.com/piofyoueed.html

Store website is in English, ships to the US and worldwide.

Pieces of You (English Edition)

Author: Tablo

Publisher: Dal

220 pages

This store's selling Tablo's "Pieces of You", Limited Edition before the release from what their email said. The book price is $16.04, and shipping starts at $5.99. The price+shipping came out way cheaper than DVDHeaven, at least $6 (for me). From their webpage, it says the book will start shipping out around Feb. 10th. I've already preordered mine, I can't wait to get it :D

P.S. I got an email from Yesasia saying that they won't be stocking this book, so I gave up on them XDDD Just FYI...

what does it mean by "limited edition"

as in.. they only printed out a limited amount of books?

or theres something extra/bonus 8D !!!

Usually it means that they're only printing a certain number and then it won't be printed again.

I'm really happy that Tablo decided to release an english version. Must preorder the book now.

I'm excited to see their new music now that they've left their label.

Guest sweet-n-sillysoup

Been a silent reader to this forum and I'm excited to get my hands on Tablo's ENG version of his book and reading I see Hanbooks.com has the best deal so far. I was curious, b/c I usually order music from YesAsia, if Hanbooks was a secure webpage to order from.

Hope you guys are enjoying the weekend wherever you are.

Guest xbananaxmexblahx

^^ I agree. I think I might be ordering from HanBooks too and I wanted to see if it was a secure website. But now that I see that someone might buy the book too...I feel a little more at ease.

Well I was looking around for a little summary of the book and I couldn't find anything.

If anyone has read it can you tell us a bit about it ?

Guest sweet-n-sillysoup

^^ I agree. I think I might be ordering from HanBooks too and I wanted to see if it was a secure website. But now that I see that someone might buy the book too...I feel a little more at ease.

Well I was looking around for a little summary of the book and I couldn't find anything.

If anyone has read it can you tell us a bit about it ?

It's basically a compilation of his short stories (I believe there's 10) that he wrote when he was a graduate at Stanford (please correct me if I'm wrong).

Guest sweet-n-sillysoup

hanbooks is secure, i've ordered from them before and the shipping wasn't painfully long either.

Thank you, it's always good to hear from someone who's ordered there before. Definitely gonna order it, but got to wait for the pay next week. Hopefully, it won't be out of stock then even though it's in the pre-ordered phase.

^no problem, glad i was able to help :)

i wonder what is different in between the two versions. the korean version has some nice photography in it...

i like the black cover of the english version though 8)

ahh i just ordered my copy of tablo's book from hanbooks (glad to know that someone's ordered from there before, cuz i was kinda iffy about the site). and shipping is soooo much better at this site, cuz i don't think i would've paid the crazy shipping from dvdheaven. seriously can't wait till it comes XD

yea, i was wondering about that too. i haven't actually seen the korean version, but i wonder if it's any different ^_^ and yes, the black cover makes it look reeeeeally nice :D

Guest xbananaxmexblahx

Does anyone know the business hours of Hanbooks ? or are they open 24/7 ?

When I say open I mean like if I call them, if they'll answer. / Or when they'll start processing the order

Because I got this message from DVDHeaven and I wanted to know if it applied to Hanbooks too:

** And It is holiday from 24/Jan/2009 to 27/Jan/2009 in Korea because of the lunar New Year´s Day. Our service will be opened again from 28/Jan/2009.** Have a nice day^^

:D I can't wait until that book is released !! I've never wanted to read something sooooooo bad !! haha

Guest crazzeedrim

^ I'm pretty sure it's paperback

is the korean book still being sold online? I kind of want to have that one too now, even though I can't understand korean XD