University Of Waterloo

Guest Subways

Guest southbeach82

i was just wondering, is it convenient to recieve items by mail at UWP? like pretend if i were to order stuff online and ship it to the residence, is that alot of hassel?

• Replies 466
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Georgianna

i was just wondering, is it convenient to recieve items by mail at UWP? like pretend if i were to order stuff online and ship it to the residence, is that alot of hassel?

I lived at UWP Beck Hall so I can tell u that mail is fairly convenient to receive, u walk into the door and turn left and ull find your mailbox (that's shared among u and ur suite mates), this is pretty much the same as the other UWP buildings, the mailboxes are generally right beside the main entrance. If the packages are too big they get sent to the front desk at Beck Hall Community centre, which is open from 9-12, 7 days a week. Personally though, I've never had mail sent to me though..so, this is just my observation.

Guest simpli_me

If anyone is taking CHINA120R I am selling my textbook along with the CDs that are required for this course. It's much more expensive in book stores so if interested, PM me =D

Also selling some first year textbooks so if you are looking, just PM me

Guest southbeach82

What textbook etc. do you need for JAPAN101R? It doesn't say on my booklook

Anyone going to AFOW?

yup! i already paid, cept now that i think about it i doubt i can attend all the events since class already started..

^ It looks like fun (: I'm attending too

Has anybody bought their textbooks yet or some of them? I think the textbook for Econ101 is like the only one (aside from the AFM101 one) that is the same edition as last year's =__= Should I buy a used Econ101 textbook now?

Guest simpli_me

^ I attended the AFOW and thought it was fun, but most of the events you will probably not go to just because of time constraints and such Back in first year, I thought I had to buy the newest edition and newest book but now i realize second hand books are so much cheaper and more worth it. You're paying so much for tuition already, so every cent you save counts!

Guest simpli_me

i remember my classmate bought a textbook for 5 dollars that were 2 editions older and he still did fine. If you're able to find new editions used i would go for it but if it's only an edition difference i wouldn't get hung over about it =)

Guest annie_bananie

Is it better to purchase the binder ready version of a textbook or the hardcover?

Is there a difference other than the price and that it's in a binder?

Guest Georgianna

What textbook etc. do you need for JAPAN101R? It doesn't say on my booklook

Anyone going to AFOW?

You get the JAPAN101R Textbook on the first day of class, it's...$25 I believe? I don't remember too well since I took it fall term.

Personally, I don't think you really need the latest editions, for example, for my psych class, the prof had a file of things that differed from the two editions. Also, the textbook edition for AFM131 probably doesn't matter that much either, sometimes the exam tests on things that aren't even in the textbook and are only in his ppts. Plus the amount of money u save is totally worth the tiny differences between editions. That said, in AFM131, you'll b paying for some software called "Mike's Bikes", only one person in your group needs to buy it. It's like $40? but it's not like the whole group really needs to be able to log in at the same time anyways, so you can all save some money by buying only one copy and sharing it.

Guest moonyah

heyy.

i was wondering if anyone know if we need to use our watcard for frosh week?

i forgot to send in my picture today ! [friday]

& i don't want to wait in line to take my picture

since i want to have a good picture that'll be stuck with for the rest of my uni life-.-

Guest AiMango

heyy.

since i want to have a good picture that'll be stuck with for the rest of my uni life-.-

is today the last day to send in a picture or something? S:

Guest ariesbaybee

heyy.

yea you'll need your watcard in order to get into the different frosh week events along with your wristband they give you but the line up shouldnt be that long cause they take the pictures like extremely fast (sit, click, done)...so be prepared to smile ..lol

Guest kay.sun123456

Hey! I'm going into my last year of hs and I'm just wondering is it hard to get into engineering at UW? Like what average do you have to have? I'm guessing ~87% and over? I'm not sure, but that's what I've heard. UW has been my dream school since like forever! And I want to get in soooo bad. I'm totally nervous for this year >_<

^ it depends on what specific program of engineering.. the cutoff is usually mid80s for the specific programs. the AIF is more extensive compared to other faculties. engineering schedules are always a lot more intense than other faculties.. so they just want to make sure that ppl who get admitted can actually stay in without dropping out.

dont be nervous, just keep on participating in extracurriculars cause thats important. its not THAT hard to get into UW engineering. especially since youre female haha.

hey there

i was wondering i fsomeone can help me out

if i am in the legal studies program

what are the courses i should be taking right now?

emergency need of help

thankyou so much <3

Archived