Grandparent Visiting

Rin<3

Guest bgirlxstylistic

whoa, i totally feel you on this!

i had the same experience, when my grandma came from Philly.

she couldn't really understand english that well, only tagalog.

which is bad enough, cuz i can't even speak it fluently.

i remember one day, she just visited for a while & my parents had to go out to buy something.

& i had no clue what to do, loll.. and yeah, it really is awkward hey?

but luckily, she was a bit sleepy at the time.. so we just watched tv, so maybe try doing something like that?

orr.. you can always ask him about how life is back home, y'know.. get some stories going!

good luck :)

^ I agree with the stories! make sure your grandfather knows you want to spend some time with him. When the grans came to visit us, they just liked spending time talking to us. They rested, and we took them to see things in the area also. It's funny because while my mom's mother was very close-mouthed about everything--she wouldn't even talk about how things were when she was a kid--my dad's mother was exactly the opposite. Only I was stupid and didn't think to ask her these things until I was much older, and wasn't able to learn as much as I could have. I think I have a few-page letter from her telling me about her childhood and stuff, but I still feel guilty sometimes that she didn't get enough attention when she was here visiting. =/

ask your 할아버지 if there's anything he'd like to do, too. Enjoy your time with him.

• 2 years later...
Guest Sandy1430266846

hm... what i did was.. i took my grandparents around for a walk...

and sometimes we just sat there talking... watching tv...

and i just hold onto his hand? hahah

but i know what u mean... u havent really seen him for a long time..

show him interesting stuff like... reading korean articles online or something?

Or if u have time to cook...

cook with him and ask him for a hand....

I hope it helps?

=D

oops i realised.. this post is like 2 years old!! T_T

ergh....

but anyway.... my piece of advice for the future then =)

^ Whoa, my thread's bumped, haha. It's okay; I'm actually seeing my grandfather again in two weeks (this time, I'll be visiting him in Korea ^^) so it's certainly helpful to get more ideas! Thanks, Jae_Lin_s2 and an incredibly belated Thanks to bgirlxstylistic and MythnoonA as well!<3

Archived