Pretty And Sexy Philippine Actresses

Guest isai12

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest tiffanydawn

I'm sorry, but I just had to say this. Most of these girls don't look Filipina AT ALL. Plastic much? A lot of them look almost completely caucasian.

Not good.

uhhh. Filipinas are not really brown. just like me, i am a pure Filipina but i have fair skin.

plus, those Filipina actresses are natural beauties. NOT PRODUCTS OF PLASTIC SURGERY. :)

Guest nelly

Why is everyone asking for a pure blood filipina? If you want to see one, go up the mountains and look for some Igorots cause they're not tainted with foreign blood... at least most of them anyway. Philippines is a melting pot of different cultures. It's nothing new, it's been going for centuries.

Guest tiffanydawn

lol i think its funny how people are asking for the "REAL Philippino" girl

when if you think about their history? thats the "REAL" Philippino and to ask for a full blooded Philippino

is kinda silly. what you see is what you get in this case. i mean yeah they may be mixed but the Philippines

have been conquered and influenced by so many races, and cultures for years that its quite hard to distinguish what a Philippino person really looks like.

some people can really be closed minded when all they see is those plastic Korean, Chinese/Taiwanese, Japanese

girls and bash another ethnicity for looking "too" plastic or caucasian.

i love your answer :) smartest answer so far:)

Guest rosethorne

I find Kristine Hermosa pretty.... I mean REALLY pretty, in every sense of the word. I saw one of her interviews wherein she was asked which part of her face would she like to be changed if given a chance, she answered "None" and that she's satisfied with her looks. Hell! I completely agree! :w00t: She's prettier when she has less make up on, imo.

Sarah Geronimo's not really super pretty but she's quite charming. :D She seems so nice.

Angel is sexy.

I also find Bianca Gonzales, Rhian Ramos, Marian Rivera really goodlooking.

Anyway, where's the thread for Handsome and Sexy Pinoy Actors? :lol:

Rhian Ramos! I was definitely surprised when I tuned in on GMA the other day. I mean, I knew she was pretty before but WHOA! I think the show was Zorro (with Richard G.) and she was wearing this gown but their boat toppled over so she was drenched and yeah, you get the picture. It's not that I'm turning lesbo or anything...I guess I was just surprised because Rhian was always a teenybopper in my mind even after her stint in Lupin. XD

Bianca Gonzales is charming and morena but she's just okay looking for me.

Someone mentioned Iya, yeah, she's really pretty but so is NIKKI GIL. I go to school with her (Ateneo) and see her in the hallways sometimes without makeup and she's really fairskinned! she's a bit small in height but her face is very radiant - no wonder Billy Crawford's smitten with her <3

Meh, Marian Rivera? I used to find her sexy in Marimar but overexposure in tv went against her...her brash personality can be quite irritating and reduces her overall prettiness ^_^

Guest Jay z

I agree that people should stop complaining that these actresses do not look authentically Filipino. I am a Filipino, I have lived here my whole life, my mom's supposedly "pure" Pinay but my dad's bloodline is completely mixed. His father was Filipino-Chinese while his mother was French-Spanish yet they lived here all their lives and my dad considers himself Filipino. He and his brother looks European but their sisters don't. My sister and I somehow ended up looking like Chinese, dormant genes perhaps? Our country was naturally a Malayan race thus the "average" Filipinos usually looked very much like Malaysians before the conquerors came.

However, as previously explained here, the Philippines was under Spanish rule for more than three centuries and the Spaniards did not just conquer us, they lived and settled here (along with some French, Portuguesse, Chinese, etc.) and naturally, blood were mixed and the meztisos (half-bloods) were born. In that respect, I find it repulsively amusing on why some people would insist that these Filipina actresses are not real Filipinas. So what if they have non-Filipino blood in their veins? More than 50% of the population, even those insisting they are "pure" Filipinos, have a foreign or meztiso ancestor somewhere in their family tree. The only real PURE Filipinos are the indegenous people of the Philippines and I bet none of them wants to enter the showbiz industry any time soon. A person said that the "average" Filipina does not look like these actresses. That is true, but then again, if everybody in this whole country looked like them, then what's the use of "idolizing" these pretty people. Can you honestly tell me that the average Korean look like Kim Hyun Joong? Or that the average American look like Brad Pitt?

When has this become an educational topic about the background of Filipinos? :huh:

Sheesh, some people are getting a bit too sensitive over just a few comments.

It's their opinion if they think the actresses in the OP don't look Filipino or if they look plastic.

No need for people to keep posting about how the Philippines is a country with a mixed culture, etc.

But I just had to reply to the bolded part though. More than 50% of the Filipino population is mixed?

Where exactly did you get that statistic from?

According to recent research, it's been proven that only 3.6% of the Philippines population actually have European ancestry from the Spanish and U.S. colonization.

Source: http://hpgl.stanford.edu/publications/AJHG_2001_v68_p432.pdf

I'm not denying that the Philippines has been influenced by other cultures,

but the majority of Filipinos aren't mixed with European genes.

Going back on-topic...

Iya Villania:

normal_005.jpg

normal_iya2.jpg

PEP--IYA-VILLANIA.jpg

Erich Gonzales:

normal_erichgonzales.jpg

normal_Picture002_3.jpg

They're very pretty. Heart is mixed, right? With Chinese...I think.

Yes, she's Chinese-Filipino.

Guest rosethorne

More than 50% of the Filipino population is mixed?

Where exactly did you get that statistic from?

According to recent research, it's been proven that only 3.6% of the Philippines population actually have European ancestry from the Spanish and U.S. colonization.

Source: http://hpgl.stanford.edu/publications/AJHG_2001_v68_p432.pdf

I'm not denying that the Philippines has been influenced by other cultures,

but the majority of Filipinos aren't mixed with European genes.

Funny you should automatically assume that I was only talking about EUROPEAN ancestry :rolleyes:

Anyway, as you said, debates about Filipino ancestry is not really the purpose of this topic...it just gets irritating when people start accusing that these celebs are not filipinas enough because they are mixed. :rolleyes:

Anti-OT

Nikki Gil <3

nikki1.jpg

nikki2.jpg

nikki4.jpg

Nikki with Anne Curtis

nikki5.jpg

Nikki with boyfriend Billy Crawford

nikki3.jpg

nikki6.jpg

Guest A180585

That's strange...I don't know what people are complaining about. I thought these girls look Filipino when I saw the pics! hehehe

I reckon they're so pretty~! ^^

Guest Jay z

Funny you should automatically assume that I was only talking about EUROPEAN ancestry :rolleyes:

the Philippines was under Spanish rule for more than three centuries and the Spaniards did not just conquer us, they lived and settled here (along with some French, Portuguesse, Chinese, etc.) and naturally, blood were mixed and the meztisos (half-bloods) were born.

With the way you worded it, it sounded like you were implying most Filipinos were mixed with European blood.

I don't know what else you could've meant by the above quote and "More than 50% of the population, even those insisting they are "pure" Filipinos, have a foreign or meztiso ancestor somewhere in their family tree."

Guest gravity01

It is well-known that the Philippines was conquered by different countries (Spain, Japan and America) hundreds of years ago. They stayed, lived and settled in the Philippines. Obviously, they also built families and livelihoods in the country. So, the Philippines became a melting-pot for different races (mixed). That is also the main reason why most Filipinos/Filipinas now are mestizo/mestiza-looking. They have fair skin.

Originally, Filipinos are of Malay descent. They are known to be Morenos and Morenas (tanned-colored).

Same as all other countries, there are native Filipinos as well. You can still see native Filipinos (known as Aeta's/Igorots) in the provinces. They live a plain/simple life.

Filipinos are naturally beautiful! hehe...

I am proud to be a Filipino! PINOY AKO!!! :)

Guest whizzer's_rose

I'm Filipino and I hate it when people think all Filipinos are short, tan and have a flat nose. I'm not saying anyone has said that but..Anyways, to that person who said they were plastic, I don't think they are. Correct me if I'm wrong but some of these girls never had plastic surgery. But a lot of Filipino celebrities do whiten their skin. Living in the Philippines will make you hella tan even if you are naturally pale..xD

Right! Sakto!These actresses are the the definition of what is TYPICALLY "beautiful" for most of us (according to sociology-it's been proven that like most asian countries, skin color has a big part of it and nose structure which we got from our colonizers )and of course they are actresses-they should look EXTRAORDINARY or they have a special talent that is of EXTRAORDINARY qualityotherwise why bother watching tv if you'll see someone who looks like someone you'll see on the street right ????

Guest rosethorne

With the way you worded it, it sounded like you were implying most Filipinos were mixed with European blood.

I don't know what else you could've meant by the above quote and "More than 50% of the population, even those insisting they are "pure" Filipinos, have a foreign or meztiso ancestor somewhere in their family tree."

So CHINA is part of Europe now? I certainly see the word CHINESE written there. Clearly, you based your statements on assumptions. But can I just ask you a question? Are you even living here in the Philippines? Because I sure have been since the day I was born and no matter what figures foreign researchers give, I know for a fact that yes, a lot of Filipinos are from mixed ancestry even though some of them do not know it themselves. As you said, we all have our own opinions so I cannot quite fathom why you would reprimand me for posting and clarifying some facts about philippine heritage especially if they are connected to the pictures of Filipina actresses posted here. Anyway, to cut this debate short, let's just agree to disagree.

@Whizzer's_rose - my point exactly. They are demanding to see "typical" Filipino looks on posted celebritiy pictures with their preconceived notions that Filipinos are a bunch of dark, curly haired, flat nosed, short people. :rolleyes:

Guest Jay z

So CHINA is part of Europe now? I certainly see the word CHINESE written there. Clearly, you based your statements on assumptions. But can I just ask you a question? Are you even living here in the Philippines? Because I sure have been since the day I was born and no matter what figures foreign researchers give, I know for a fact that yes, a lot of Filipinos are from mixed ancestry even though some of them do not know it themselves. As you said, we all have our own opinions so I cannot quite fathom why you would reprimand me for posting and clarifying some facts about philippine heritage especially if they are connected to the pictures of Filipina actresses posted here. Anyway, to cut this debate short, let's just agree to disagree.

WTF? I'm not an idiot. I know China isn't apart of Europe. :mellow:

China was the only non-European country you mentioned, so naturally I excluded that from what I was talking about.

But what you said still doesn't make sense then because there are 1,146,250 Chinese-Filipinos in the Philippines,

which only makes up 1.5% of the Philippine population. Certainly doesn't seem like "more than 50%" either.

I'd rather believe in something that's backed up by facts and research than just judging from appearances.

But to each to their own, I guess.

Oh, and I have been to the Philippines. I may not live there, but I've met and know many other Filipinos.

Guest elbimbo

i came here to see pictures, and i found a debate.

Look, no-one cares, and it doesn't matter.

If people wanna debate, then why not create a debate thread. But this is a 'celeb photos' forum, so let's just keep it that way, where we focus on the photos and not get off topic.

settled.

Guest ace4va111

frankly, the debate is going nowhere with emotions all over the place....some egoes/egos have been stepped on and let's just acknowledge that both parties have some points but no need to go over board my friends....the philippines is just an example of the trend that is going on all over the world, many people are getting mixed and ancestries can be traced from various nations and races...you can say you are peruvian but your ancestries are those of asian/caucasian or you'd say your parents/grandparents are filipinos/spanish/chinese/japanese/korean/taiwanese/italian/more/less....regardless, let's all develop an understanding beyond our comfort zones that would better overcome the mistakes the previous generations have done before us aite? i aint preachin' just sayin/givin some of my two cents....^_^peace out!

Guest yojan17

I find Kristine Hermosa pretty.... I mean REALLY pretty, in every sense of the word. I saw one of her interviews wherein she was asked which part of her face would she like to be changed if given a chance, she answered "None" and that she's satisfied with her looks. Hell! I completely agree! :w00t: She's prettier when she has less make up on, imo.

Sarah Geronimo's not really super pretty but she's quite charming. :D She seems so nice.

Angel is sexy.

I also find Bianca Gonzales, Rhian Ramos, Marian Rivera really goodlooking.

Anyway, where's the thread for Handsome and Sexy Pinoy Actors? :lol:

8fc42836576fe0_full.png

P1010069-SARAH.jpg

Maja and Sarah

angelpiolossm_november71.jpg

Angel

Bianca_Gonzales_1.jpg

Bianca

rhianramos1.jpg

Rhian

marian.jpg

Marian