Pasta Madness

d00lie

HELP!
ok. so my brother went volunteering to this crab feed the other day. and brought like... enough pasta (only pasta, no sauce) to feed our entire family of four for about a month.

ok, i don't mind pasta, but a month of only pasta will drive me crazy.

so is there another way to eat the pasta other than like with the traditional tomato sauce? any contribution would be appreciated (preferably with a recipe and something that's simple to make).

Guest prosecco

You can add pasta to soups and make them heartier.

I like to make pasta salad, but that's just me. There are plenty of recipes on the internet, so just search.

Also, one of my favourite ways to eat noodles is with melted butter and romano or parmesan cheese added. I sometimes add peas, and I'm sure chicken would be nice too.

What you can make with the pasta sort of depends what kind of pasta you have ( spaghetti, rotini, macaroni ? )

Do you know ?

add them in potato salad.

macaroni and cheese

tuna casserole

chili

and you don't have to eat all the pasta now. don't they have a pretty long shelf life?

Guest prosecco

What in the world were they doing with so much pasta ... ? (x And something strange like farfalle ... ?

Anyway. Just typing in "farfalle recipes" on Google got a page of 54 farfalle recipes here. I don't know how good they are but HEY, you've got a lot of pasta -- plenty of room to experiment ? heh.

I think bowtie pasta is best suited as pasta salad, or otherwise lightly dressed, since it doesn't hold onto heavy sauces incredibly well. Maybe toss it with some herb butter ?

If you're feeling a little more ambitious ...

Farfalle with spinach, prosciutto and peas. ( drool. )

Farfalle with sun-dried tomatoes, sausage and cannellini beans.

Garlic chicken farfalle. ( oh yum. )

Hope this helps at least a little. Good luck !

Guest AngelAngel

A cream sauce! Make a roux (melt butter and add flour, equal parts) then after a minute, add cream/milk and add whatever flavorings you want.

Guest DOLLYbeans

pestoooooo its good with like everything

well not really lol

try cream based sauces

and you can make like pasta lasagna or soemthing

Guest jennnayx81

my favorite pasta recipe, especially with bow tie pasta, is pasta salad

pasta

pesto

feta cheese (there are some good ones that have flavor already like garlic, lemon herb, etc)

grape/cherry tomatoes

fresh basil

salami

Archived