Are Guys Intimidated By Really Pretty Girls?

Guest sweet lil j

Guest Flicksityy

Well although I do agree with you Felicity, uhmm the sad part is we are afraid of getting rejected. And I understand that "guys" are supposed to have the guts to accept the rejection and move on, but ya the rejections hurts :unsure:

Any advice for that?

If the girl really has respect for a guy, rejecting them with no insults whatever is enough. Rejecting someone is a form of art, it's the respect a girl has through the vision that being together would not work out from their point of view.

Rejection hurts obviously, but it also has the ability to make a person stronger and reduce the predicted pain in the future.

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Kraka

I been rejected enough times to not give a s h i t anymore. I try to look at everyone as just another human but if they are good lookin, ohhh yeahh, bonus. But usually I feel more comfortable around non-asian girls because I overthink that asian people in general can read me inside out and say lame. That'll surely ruin my game. That's a lot of pain. So f u c k, if its a really hot asian chick, I'll be on my tippy toes.

Intimidated? The pretty girls I see are always being bugged by guys lol I doubt they're intimidated.

This.

I don't think guys are generally intimidated by pretty girls.

Maybe if she gave off the impression that she was like some goddess (unintentional), then yeah.

But in general, I doubt guys are intimidated by pretty girls, overall.

Guest 한스 ㅋㅋ

yes we do get intimidated, whatever that means, I actually don't even know. :lol:

But the stereotype that Ugly+ugly=Yes

Hot+hot=Yes

is just a bunch of buffallo.

Have you never seen an ugly guy with a hot looking girl?

But ugly girl with good looking guys is never the case.

well yea, that just proves that the generalization is clearly wrong.

If anything, you should probably fix it.

Pretty Looking girl + ugly guy =Guy looks hot or considered hot.

My friend, who was in school known to be really nerdy and geeky looking (well he's smart, Legend u should say, so no wonder)

Then when everyone saw he has a really pretty gf, everyone starts seeing him as cool and hot guy.

Well this is just my opinion.

Usually, when someone is pretty, we get all shy and stuff.

Hence you see guys getting shy around their crush, because in their eyes, she is pretty.

The thing with pretty girls is, they are pretty. Obviously. so a lot of people get shy, or intimidated, or whatever.

I guess that's why most people gets intimidated with pretty girls, because that's just the nature.

Guest handsomecupcakee

yes we do get intimidated, whatever that means, I actually don't even know. :lol:

But the stereotype that Ugly+ugly=Yes

Hot+hot=Yes

is just a bunch of buffallo.

Have you never seen an ugly guy with a hot looking girl?

But ugly girl with good looking guys is never the case.

well yea, that just proves that the generalization is clearly wrong.

If anything, you should probably fix it.

Pretty Looking girl + ugly guy =Guy looks hot or considered hot.

My friend, who was in school known to be really nerdy and geeky looking (well he's smart, Legend u should say, so no wonder)

Then when everyone saw he has a really pretty gf, everyone starts seeing him as cool and hot guy.

Well this is just my opinion.

Usually, when someone is pretty, we get all shy and stuff.

Hence you see guys getting shy around their crush, because in their eyes, she is pretty.

The thing with pretty girls is, they are pretty. Obviously. so a lot of people get shy, or intimidated, or whatever.

I guess that's why most people gets intimidated with pretty girls, because that's just the nature.

AGREED.

Guest musiiqk se0oul

people would always get intimidated by really good looking people

but if the person is completely shallow, then i guess they're better off with a "significant other" whose shallow and conceited as well

and besides, "beauty is in the eye of the beholder"

i think people do choose to go with people with lower standards because they would feel more confident

etc etc

just my pov

Guest kryiss

wow that's just wrong... but also true in the sense that guys don't want a girl that is totally dominant over him. and hey i don't like guys who are overly dominant on me either so what's the balance here?

i think that looks shouldn't be everything. just because a girl is really pretty doesn't mean that her personality will be either. looks can only go so far... so i think guys just need to suck it up and try because you may never know who a person really is unless you see for yourself.

Guest cherriholicxx

-pouts- Guys just need to be more confident?

Or well, people in general, how about that? :]

I know rejection hurts,

-but everyone goes through them. ♥

[WOW! Totally pointless comment right there.]

Okay, yeah, I have noticed that some "hot" girls at my school are mostly single.

-but then again, they have horrible personalities! [again, in my opinion]

Are guys more intimidated by their looks or by the personality, that's what I'm wondering now. -tilts head-

Guest Jentage

I dont think so but I do have one friend who alwaysss goes for ulgy girls >.>

HAHAHAHAA does he do that to see if he can easily pick up ugly girls in contrast to the physically attractive ones?

Guest SafetyCharm

Sad, but true!

Want to know the secret? The hotter/more attractive the girl, the lonelier she is. Now before you all start bashing, just think about it. The girl is super hot, so 98% of the males actually thinking about asking her out usually do chicken out. It's just how the mind works: If you're super attractive, you are automatically assumed to have high expectations/standards. Now when i say lonely, i don't mean she has no friends, or she has no person actually try. I am just saying that if you actually do try, the confidence you bring to her may spark a sudden turn on(as mentioned before, i'm pretty sure most guys would be scared to do anything so daring), because most guys who try to get her, never really finish due to rejection-phobia.

Sad, but true!

Want to know the secret? The hotter/more attractive the girl, the lonelier she is. Now before you all start bashing, just think about it. The girl is super hot, so 98% of the males actually thinking about asking her out usually do chicken out. It's just how the mind works: If you're super attractive, you are automatically assumed to have high expectations/standards. Now when i say lonely, i don't mean she has no friends, or she has no person actually try. I am just saying that if you actually do try, the confidence you bring to her may spark a sudden turn on(as mentioned before, i'm pretty sure most guys would be scared to do anything so daring), because most guys who try to get her, never really finish due to rejection-phobia.

Not necessarily. It all depends on the girl and the vibe she gives off. An attractive girl with a smashing personality and a warm smile will attract all sorts of guys, but one who is quiet or shy, regardless of how pretty she is, will not be able to attract anyone.

Guest Tutu Loli

So ..

Ugly/okay looking guy + Ugly/okay looking girl = yes

Ugly/okay looking guy + Pretty girl = somewhat common due to guy's personality?

Hot guy + ugly girl = no

Hot guy + pretty girl = yes

Pretty girl + No guy = yes

Is this accurate?

that seems about right. The hot or pretty girls seem to be lonelier than average looking girls, I have a hot/pretty friend and I'm the only girl that she's close to.

Guest abcdaisy

Yes Yes... I have a girl friend who is in my dictionary consider as pretty

But the thing is she never had a boyfriend before like she would

get compliments from guys and girls but no one ever hits on her

it's weird but i guess guys are intimidated by pretty girls. And

she's the most down to earth girl like she'll starts a converstation like

she knows you 10 years ago when she barely met you it's weird but

I find it odd that she isn't dating anyone.

Guest wingfaith

i liked this girl in my bus for an year or more already. I never had the chance to tell her how pretty she is because i'm afriad of being judge at. I'm afriad to get rejected , laugh at, or even turned into a joke for some of her friends? such a noob haha.

Guest NJSK.

This thread reminds me of my friend. He was telling me today about 'the hottest girl [he'd] ever seen' in his lecture. Apparently she was gorgeous, slim, tall -- the whole shabang. I told him to strike up a conversation with her, only for him to respond, 'I don't have the balls'. :lol:

-js

Archived