Tennis

Guest supa'Wanki

Guest carrotcake

I just kinda "made" the Varsity tennis team at my school this year. "Made", as in, I'm a manager XD. I'll practice with the teams, but I won't get to play any games. But even so, I don't mind being a manager because I know I'll get to improve since I have a team to practice with :). (Basically some reasons why I didn't make the actual team is because I'm a junior and the coaches didn't see enough potential in me to improve in two weeks before games, and my serves suck A LOT :X). Eitherway, I'm a noob, obviously XD. And I don't know the first thing to consider when buying a tennis racquet, can you guys help give me some guidelines :X?

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest vanessa_x17
And I don't know the first thing to consider when buying a tennis racquet, can you guys help give me some guidelines :X?

lol look for the weight you dont want one too heavy..

also strings and their tension.. uhmm lemme think what else... grip i guess?

xD lol i dont know.. sorry im not too helpful :sweatingbullets:

lol look for the weight you dont want one too heavy..

also strings and their tension.. uhmm lemme think what else... grip i guess?

xD lol i dont know.. sorry im not too helpful :sweatingbullets:

lol for a racquet it all depends on what playing style you have...

if you like to volley a lot then you should have a racquet with an oversize head

and if you like baseline you should use mid or mid plus size head.

about racquets there are power racquets, control racquets, etc...

if you want power i think babolot pure drive is good

also the green nCode racquet from wilson is good... i think its the n3?

i personally use the i.Radical intelligence from head. but it's an old racquet and they dont make them anymore.

strings are up to you. i like synthetic gut strings, sensation, and gosen.

i string my racquet at 58 pounds but tension is up to you

just remember the higher the tention, the less power you get and the lower the tension, the more power you get

good luck :sweatingbullets:

I just kinda "made" the Varsity tennis team at my school this year. "Made", as in, I'm a manager XD. I'll practice with the teams, but I won't get to play any games. But even so, I don't mind being a manager because I know I'll get to improve since I have a team to practice with :). (Basically some reasons why I didn't make the actual team is because I'm a junior and the coaches didn't see enough potential in me to improve in two weeks before games, and my serves suck A LOT :X). Eitherway, I'm a noob, obviously XD. And I don't know the first thing to consider when buying a tennis racquet, can you guys help give me some guidelines :X?

hmm it depends on your level and playing style is. there is no "best racquet" because everyone has different preferences and everyone plays differently. if you're a beginner i don't think i'd suggest a players racquet yet (low power, a lot of control), maybe a tweener (in the middle). but it's always best to demo a lot of racquets to see which one you like best.

go to http://www.tennis-warehouse.com they have a lot of racquets there with descriptions, review, feedback, etc. they also offer demoing. :)

Guest supa'Wanki

I injured my hip side bone during a practice before the game today. Was put into Varsity Alternates and lost 1-6 against the #1's. But the other doubles teams lost 0-6, 0-6. So we did better than the other 2 doubles teams, puting aside the #1's are ranked in nationals. Awww it sucked.

Guest vanessa_x17

^ woah that really sucks :crazy: did you hurt it bad?

i had my tryoutsss they are still going on..

when i was hitting the ball the first two time they went like flying xD

then i got back into it :) woohoo i miss playing

Guest KIM_SAYS:
I injured my hip side bone during a practice before the game today. Was put into Varsity Alternates and lost 1-6 against the #1's. But the other doubles teams lost 0-6, 0-6. So we did better than the other 2 doubles teams, puting aside the #1's are ranked in nationals. Awww it sucked.

Aw, that does suck. :( Will you still be able to play in your other matches?

Ughhhh practice has sucked this week. Rain every single day so we have to go to the tennis center and practice is only for an hour. Not to mention each high school team gets only ONE court. We're pretty much standing around the entire time. The top three spots (varsity singles) are open. I reallllly hope I'm in there.

Guest littledude10000

hello everyone for everyone who plays on thier highs chool team could u list what school u go to and what position u play and what state ur school is in just in case we live nearby byu coincedence it would be kool to meet up as soompi buddies. haah

Guest hellogoodbye765

check out the raquets at www.tenniswarehouse.com

they have a link that helps you find one unique to your playing style/needs

Guest heysaemilee

I love tennis!

I have the worse sock tan in the universal. I must say, last year I had the worst sock tan in my whole varsity tennis team. I can already see a little bit coming this year.

Guest supa'Wanki

2004 Olimpic Tennis Commentator: "One of the reasons why Andy is playing so well is that, before the final round, his wife takes out his balls and kisses them... Oh my God, what have I just said?"

Got that from Snopes.com. Funny.

Guest trixtah
^i totally crack up after reading that. Anyone tried the new Wilson K Factor ?

it feels alright...exact same thing as the prostaff, tour 90, ncode anyway :P Nothing beats the prestige and wilson classic lines. Even the new "prestige 600" doesn't feel as good as the old one

anyway, Indian wells! Anyone going? I've got tickets to support Marat and I'll be buying daily passes until he loses, which hopefully he wont, and he'll beat the Federer Express :). Also have tickets to the finals...watching Roger play is pretty incredible

Archived