[japan Movie 2009] 五右衛門 goemon

Guest t3n5h1_chu_k015h173

Guest t3n5h1_chu_k015h173

EGUCHI YOSUKE, HIROSUE RYOKO, OSAWA TAKAO, KANAME JUN,TAMAYAMA TETSUJI

goemon.jpg

Actor Yosuke Eguchi has been given the starring role in Kazuaki Kiriya's "Goemon," it was learned on Sunday. Eguchi plays the legendary 16th-century bandit Ishikawa Goemon, though Kiriya's film is said to be a new interpretation on the character.

Kiriya's Goemon, who works for a military commander, has an unusual appearance. His hairstyle resembles modern fashion, rather than the traditional chonmage style, and his outfit is a combination of kimono, Western armor, and long boots. The setting is said to feature Western-style architecture, unlike the original time period. It appears that the whole story has been somewhat modernized.

Kiriya stated that from the outset, he has been creating the film with global audiences in mind.

Filming took place from late August to late November, and much of it seems to have been shot in front of a greenscreen so that the backgrounds can be done with CG. It is said that the CG processing will take a whole year, twice as long as it took for Kiriya's last film, "Casshern."

Takao Osawa plays the role of the ninja Kirigakure Saizo, while Ryoko Hirosue plays the heroine Chacha. In the film, both characters are childhood friends of Goemon. Another famous ninja, Sarutobi Sasuke, serves as Goemon's follower, played by comedian Gori (of Garage Sale).

"Goemon" is scheduled for theatrical release in summer 2009.

watching that trailer gave me the vibe of final fantasy !

and when i opened this thred and saw the picture i was like reminded of casshern and of course it is directed by the same person hahh

Guest Justalilodreamer

^ yeah i thought of Casshern when i saw the poster and then i saw Kaname Jun's name in the title

From the trailer it looks like a promising movie, the CG reminds me of a video game too but it seems to work well with the setting. It looks artsy, im looking forward to this!

Guest hungrycollegeboy

Awww.... I was hoping for Goemon Mystical ninja, hahahaha.

But holy dayum, the CG visuals are very very impressive, my type of movie, lol. Some of the shots, tha angles, and even the dude in the mask remind me of Casshern, lol. I'm definitely gonna keep my eyes out for this one!

PS, this movie has a lot of bigname Japanese stars...

Guest luthien

I love the cast, and I mean every single one of them! :wub: esp Kaname Jun and Tamayama Tetsuji. IT does look more like a video game.. the CG usually turns me off, but I think this one is capable to suck me into its world. Cannot wait for the release! Too bad us who don't reside in Japan will have to wait for the DVD to watch this.

Guest h2obubbli

Awww.... I was hoping for Goemon Mystical ninja, hahahaha.

Thats what i was hoping for rofl

but yehh this film looks pretty decent

• 2 months later...
Guest Justalilodreamer

^ everyone has crazy eyes on the poster :ph34r: interesting

So it came out on May 1st? Anyone know if this is subbed and available for DL/stream anywhere :w00t: ??

• 5 months later...

i've heard about this a while back when my tamayama craziness was still activating and i swear watching this movie might activate it again. anyway the last time i've check which was a while back when the film was released, i've been trying to see if i can find a bootlegged version but haven't really found any and i kind of stopped looking. hopefully i'll get to watch it soon...legally, if i can convince my cousin to buy the dvd.

Archived