World of Warcraft

Guest soju

^ hah, least time consuming MMOG evaaaaaaaar. PVP still blows, theres no real angle of suprise, its just knowing the appropriate skill timing and a huge part of it is gear anyhow. PVP in most MMOG games are really just a mechanism of "I spent more time then you and therefor I shall prove my worth by shoving it down your throat in the form of a; you have died." But then if we all wanted real PVP we'd just bandwagon to some half-life mod with medieval combat.

I played a game called Ultima Online back in the day, one of the first MMORPGS ever released...That was a game with REAL PvP, based on skill and tactics not equipment or some stupid crap (there were no levels in the game, only skills that raised as you used them), but just like modern day MMORPGs they eventually changed the system to appease those who spent all the time farming i can't read and grindin :rolleyes: It used to be really adrenaline pumping too because it actually SUCKED to be killed (like it's supposed to), because you lost absolutely everything you had on you and the other player could loot it all (now they have some retarded insurance system). The minute you stepped out of a town you were fair game, no rules just kill or be killed. This of course attracted alot of griefers and dickheads (hell this game invented griefers), which is why they overhauled the system in the end, but damn it was addicting. Thank god for old-style private servers B) You can still log on to the major *free* old-style server and find around 900 people online (for special events the number online has gone all the way up to 3000), which is alot more than I can say for some other older MMORPGs.

• Replies 685
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Just rerolled an NE warrior on Warsong and in the process of selling my warrior account =X anyone else on Warsong? or anyone wanna buy a half epicced out Orc warrior + UD rogue? :P

• 1 month later...

I played a game called Ultima Online back in the day, one of the first MMORPGS ever released...That was a game with REAL PvP, based on skill and tactics not equipment or some stupid crap (there were no levels in the game, only skills that raised as you used them), but just like modern day MMORPGs they eventually changed the system to appease those who spent all the time farming i can't read and grindin :rolleyes: It used to be really adrenaline pumping too because it actually SUCKED to be killed (like it's supposed to), because you lost absolutely everything you had on you and the other player could loot it all (now they have some retarded insurance system). The minute you stepped out of a town you were fair game, no rules just kill or be killed. This of course attracted alot of griefers and dickheads (hell this game invented griefers), which is why they overhauled the system in the end, but damn it was addicting. Thank god for old-style private servers B) You can still log on to the major *free* old-style server and find around 900 people online (for special events the number online has gone all the way up to 3000), which is alot more than I can say for some other older MMORPGs.

There are two things missing from WoW.

First of all, players should be able to kill players from the same side, which is something I think the developers over at Blizzard should implement. It would make the game much much more interesting. Face it, you know some people on the same side just deserve to be killed.

Second of all, there is no penalty for death. Just a fat repair bill, depending on what killed you. Where's the thrill in that?

Alterac Valley got extremely pointless after patch 1.10.

• 5 weeks later...
Guest cowboy

60 human warlock on malganis

31 NE hunter on malgnia

10 gnome rogue on malganis

and im freakin tired of raiding.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest shoko86

Hey I might be playing this game for the first time. ^^;; Late I know, but any one got any pointers for a newbie? ^__^;;

Guest Drunkken

There are two things missing from WoW.

First of all, players should be able to kill players from the same side, which is something I think the developers over at Blizzard should implement. It would make the game much much more interesting. Face it, you know some people on the same side just deserve to be killed.

Second of all, there is no penalty for death. Just a fat repair bill, depending on what killed you. Where's the thrill in that?

Alterac Valley got extremely pointless after patch 1.10.

you know if blizzard does implement same faction killing, it would be utter chaos.

plus, whats the point of alliance vs horde if you can kill your own comrades.

penalty for death? probably running back to your body, unless you get a rez. But i think the repair bill is still enough for punishment end game when it comes to a buttload of gold.

Guest ninpoo

Developers were hinting that you would be abled to go into BGs against your faction by the time the expansion comes out.

60 NE Hunter - Ner'zhul

Old school epic frostsaber mount - my love.

Guest Take Five

^

-make sure you aggro only one enemy at a time if possible.

-run whenever you see someone from another faction unless you're a high enough level to take them on.

-if you're running an instance with a group or something, don't select need for looting items unless they let you. don't take stuff out of chests without rolling for the item either.

-if you're a druid or priest, learn how to heal early.

hm...guess that's it.

fine.. ignore me.. ;__; I'll just find out by myself.

if you want to have an easy time playing by yourself you should probably roll a shaman, rogue, or hunter. shaman's are notorious early on for being "overpowered." not really true, but they're so balanced it's a very popular class.

the game is really easy in the beginning and all the quests early on are basically tutorials. it's a really fun game so don't worry about not being able to do well which is impossible early on.

Guest madeinktown

IGN: BVTailor

Level: 45

Race: Human

Class: Rogue

Server: Frostmane

as for pointers, the games pretty basic. easy to learn, easy to play. once you get to instances, you'll have to figure out how your class is played. each class has their own roles throughout the instance.

quick tip! be a healer of some sort. everyone will want you for instances.

Guest michinsarang

Currently a lvl 26 Troll Hunter on Smolderthorne :B

Have had 2 lvl 60 Hunters before, but it seems I always end up flopping about servers with my friends lol.

Archived