Asian Issues And Racism

Guest heygingersnap

This is mainly directed at the Chinese Soompiers, but yeah.. I'm studying English Language. And just wondering if anyone is offended by it.

Because frankly, I'm not really. I didn't even know it was considered racist until I read about. Maybe it's just been 'neutralised' in my area.

So yeah, what about your area? Is it considered racist still or has the meaning been 'neutralised'?

Thank you.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if anyone who isn't of chinese descent refers to me or another asian as a richard simmons, i'd get really indignant and murderous

(given that i detected negative connotation of course)

as long as they didn't say it to mean offense i don't really care

saves you a syllable

Guest viper2788

i kinda do. if theyre my friends, i wouldnt mind. but its just disrespectful comming out of a mouth of a stranger. i wouldnt hesitate to say the N word if some black guy called me a richard simmons. you know? same thing.

Guest missdevotional

I don't see the big deal... I refer to my chinese friends as richard simmons, but it's like an affectionate term when I use it towards them.

Guest love!mvmt

nope, i dont find it offensive. i call all my chinese friends "you chinese" and all my viet friends "you vietnamese" and so on. haha they dont mind ^^

Guest himekograce

grrs. =0=ll

one time people were playing a game in my freshman year highschool..

"guess what asian country grace is from!"

=0=ii

they said some pretty STUPID things.. >.>ii

GAH! ._.;; people. are. dummies~~~

Guest A.lee

i do. im not chinese but alot of ppl call me 'richard simmons' and i get offended by that.

if it was by another asian i wouldnt care but alot of 'black' ppl who live in my area call me richard simmons and i hate it.

i always tell them to stop and that i get offended by they just keep calling me that. (i dont even know who they are)

how would they like it if i called them the 'n' word?!?! (which i never have)

Archived