Han Ye Seul 한예슬

Guest yoh

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Han Ye-seul to come back with "Kagoshima Romance"

photo315859.jpg

Actress Han Ye-seul is revising her come back.

Han Ye-seul is revising the script for a new movie called, "Kagoshima Romance". Her partner actor will be Kim Sang-kyeong from the successful movie "Montage".

Han Ye-seul is communicating with the production and is giving this a lot of thought. She didn't sign a contract yet but she's likely to come back with "Kagoshima Romance".

This movie is about a female employee at a alcoholic beverage company and the owner of a traditional Japanese alcoholic beverage company. Han Ye-seul takes on the role of Yoo Gye-hee, who is full of mistakes but completely loveable.

Han Ye-seul has been on a break for two year since the 2011 KBS 2TV drama "Spy MyeongWol". She was revising the movie "The Dog" but the production has been postponed. The scenario originally known as "Fly Me To The Moon" became "Kagoshima Romance".

Source : sports.hankooki.com/l... ( English )

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm going back and translating some of the interviews that I missed from 2011 to now and some of the older ones before that. I think I'll be covering the majority of them except for the High Cut translations, since I would actually need to buy the magazines in order to translate the interviews.

class="title"‘Beautiful’, A Word That Fits Han Ye Seulnytm6Bo.jpg

Now, the word ‘beautiful’ is starting to fit Han Ye Seul better than the word ‘pretty’. Ye Seul, who spent some busy days through the movie “Penny Pinchers”, enjoyed some relaxing calmness and ‘lazy’ freedom at a quite resort in Bali.

“Waah! I really like it!” After a seven hour trip, as soon as the oven-like air of Bali touched Han Ye Seul’s skin, she let out a pleasant scream that awoke the half-asleep staff. She did it with the lilting aegyo she displayed on “Knee Drop Guru” and her sweet voice that melts people.

On a day where the sun was particularly strong, Han Ye Seul, who changed into a fluffy chiffon blouse, was doing a bubbly dance and spinning around in her surroundings as if the flu she brought with her from Seoul had suddenly disappeared. “I do dance, but my manager doesn’t seem to acknowledge it. I wonder why. I do dance pretty well…(laughs).”

The wind, the sea, and the air that were gently embracing the peaceful Bali resort all became exciting through Ye Seul’s bubbly energy. Truthfully, there are many times where the destination isn’t important when going somewhere. It doesn’t matter who you go with, the condition of the place, who you’re going to meet there because in the end, it’s because that place’s overall atmosphere is being influenced. The city of romance that many women hold dear to them can become a living hell to anyone while a place the majority of people would remember as insignificant can be remember fondly by someone else. It’s the exact same in the voyage of life. The cheerful actress who asked for the vacation she was dreaming of stated “This place right here is paradise for me!”

While enjoying  a romantic dinner while gazing at the night sea, Ye Seul kept her camera in her hand, not only was she taking pictures of the staff, but she stared at the expanding scenery that was like a falsehood for a long time. “Everything is like the dream of a summer night! Although regrettable, isn’t it more beautiful because of that?” Just like someone who emerged from a long tunnel, her eyes were shining brightly as if they were filled with many emotions. “Long ago, I desired to rise up to a position that society acknowledge, and my desire for success grew. It’s because I believe that would have brought me happiness. However, the most important thing to me lately is ‘people’. No matter how much you enjoy things, if there aren’t any people that you’ve made genuine relationships with, there’s no meaning. I have been very happy because of spending ‘trivial’ time with the people who are by my side.”

Every day she eats freely on set, while laughing and chatting from beginning to end, the considerate and adorable Leslie sits across from someone, raising their curiosity with her young eyes, doing this as if she threw away the title of an actress like she would discard armor. Just as she says, ‘what you’re seeing is everything’, showing her spirit that’s warm and gentle like hot bread right out of the oven.

Ye Seul, walking in what could be described as the ‘midday’ of her life, took a deep breath. “In the cabin, I watched a movie. I received a lot of wisdom and inspiration as to how to deal with the crises of life that come at every turn. In the end, there’s one correct answer. ‘Live well!’” With both of her hands suddenly raised toward the sky, just like Bali’s sunlight, she laughed in a loveable way.

(Translator’s Note: This is Ye Seul’s 2011 interview with InStyle.)

Source

Translation: The Real CZ @ Hallyu Interview

From Na Sang Shil to Ma Yeo Jin…A Character With Spiteful Remarks Is A Necessary Element in Dramas

tumblr_inline_mq5wfasQ2J1qz4rgp.jpg

(Translator’s Note: It’s a long article, so I’m only translating the part about Han Ye Seul. I’ll do a short summary of the article before delving into the part about Han Ye Seul.)

Summary of the article: It’s not an exaggeration to say that the trend of characters that spouted spiteful remarks started with Jo Anna/Na Sang Shil (played by Han Ye Seul) in the 2006 drama Fantasy Couple. Since then, there have been many characters that revealed their true thoughts in spiteful language, and this type of character has garnered favorable responses from the viewers.

Na Sang Shil’s spiteful remarks that left a deep impression on the viewers range from “ggoraji hagoneun (Look at ___, said in a negative manner when referencing something)", “The jajangmyun that you kids passed up on isn’t coming back", “You kids have to sleep at night to become big. If you wish to continue being little, keep on chattering away", Don’t delude yourself. If I stay like this, I won’t be able to forget you for all eternity. I’ll become colder in order to forget you. I’ll make it so that you won’t be able to handle me as I am now."

She didn’t receive any hate from the viewers, on the other hand, she received a positive response. When it comes to characters with spiteful remarks, Na Sang Shil is the character of top-of-mind awareness: the first character to come to mind when describing a certain type of character.

Source

Translation: The Real CZ @ Yeoshindeul

class="title"Han Ye Seul – Sparkling Woman [Part 3]MDMYN3F.jpg

At the very least, there shouldn’t be any burden looking at things like that. (Laughs)

While living positively, you end up a bit idiotic, you know. I think that being elegant and nice is a virtue for Korean women. However, each individual’s life is their own, and as a woman, it’s good to enjoy one’s own beauty. I believe in myself and live my life according to my own convictions, and dress myself as a princess to my heart’s desire. That’s my philosophy. I live by making myself happy. Since youth doesn’t last very long, I fully love my time as a youthful person and I’ll enjoy it beautifully.

You said that you wanted to see where this work would lead your life to. So, as a result, where does it seem like life has taken you?

The past year felt like I could think about what direction to take my life in. I thought about how I should live in the future, and about how I could calm myself and stand up again. I sometimes have the thought of becoming the Ye Seul that is loved by the people. Although it is true that I’m very lacking, how can I possibly receive the love of many people through myself? Sometimes I even want to make myself angry and annoyed. Showing a good image to everyone is a very exhausting life.

Through doing interviews, I have found that many actresses know that the life of a celebrity is conflicting and hard because of having to show your good side all of the time. It’s to the point where they consider if resolving themselves to trying to find the answer will allow them to live on as a happy actress. Although that path is difficult, there definitely has to be a reason for them to act in that manner, isn’t there?

In Korea, an actor has to be an immaculate human being. An actor has to be exemplary and to be the standard for everything. However, it’s very hard living as a perfect artist for the general public without losing yourself. Sometimes artists will remove those kind of limitations that are placed upon them and the output of their work will be extraordinary and different. We’re not immaculate gods and goddesses. Of course, I respect the people who are able to live like that. However, I decided to believe that there are still many happy paths still open for me. (Laughs)

There was a moment when you, who went away from the coercion that actors had to be magnificent human beings to walking down your own path of freedom, met the solid volition that you wouldn’t five up on your happiness. What method did you find in order to push ahead with that philosophy?

I only received love from the public because I’m an entertainer. When I’m seen through a project, I try that much harder to do well. However, “Han Ye Seul” is mine and mine alone. I try not to be imprisoned through the world’s glaring eye. Though I do try my best, I do it in a way where I won’t be hard on myself. I came to Korea in order to live my life. I habitually came home to an empty house by myself. It’s as if everyone has their own profession, but actors just have one job. While I intend to do my best as an actress, I’m very insufficient as a human. There are times when I do things others would hate, and I’m a person that is also capable of making mistakes. Demanding perfection from someone like me is a merciless thing to do. I maintain the peace in my heart and I love myself, and even if I can’t do it, there no one else to reward me! (Laughs) After a while of doing this line of work, I feel the tightening pressure inside of my own prison. That’s why I intentionally did something unexpected like that. I was in a situation where many people where chattering with a loud voice.

Source: Harper Bazaar Korea December 2012 Issue

Translation: The Real CZ @ Hallyu Interview

• 2 weeks later...

Archived