After School (애프터스쿨) - The Official Thread

Guest Mihyejung

Guest lilsacredangel

Personally, i'm a bit tired of the "cutsy, bubbly" girl groups... I mean i love them... but still. This group is so cool.

"Playgirlz" is like the best intro ever! lol

• Replies 15.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest elaineheaven

Hm. They definitely look hawwwwt.

PCD huh? Okayyy, anything is better than cutsey now.

Maybe they'll show those girls how they really do sexy yeah!

AHAHAHAHAHH OMGGAHHH!

AM GOING to see their live performances,

wonder whos gna be the Nicole in the group!

Ahhh, should youtube them now! (:

They sound awesome from all your reviews!

I'm totally loving this new group - they just all have this extra WOW factor or the charisma to it. You just get suck into re-watching the debut over and over......or me atleast LOL. And its not that I'm watching their performance..but rather I am WATCHING THEM as a group.

AH! is such a catchy song once you listen to it a couple more times because the tune and beat just carries you into it.

Playgirlz has that fierce sound to it where you know the ladies can bring it.

I thought the name was funky, but I think it rocks now =)

I doubt these ladies shall go cutesy on us..I'm pretty sure they don't need to do that nor would that be a smart move.

Quick Question: Who is the one in the 2-piece purple outfit with the pony tail & and who is the one with the strip-long-sleeve sweater..I can't tell them apart..

Haha, yeah! I keep watching their debut performance over and over again.

I think it's because they look really prepared and they have charisma to it.

&&

to answer your question the one in the 2-piece purple outfit with the ponytail is Lee Joo Yeon and the one with the strip-love-sleeve-sweater is Yoo So Young.

Guest just jess

i just saw their debut performance, and its not that i dont think they did well... but i thought the song would be faster or more hip hop-ish like playa girlz. some of them are really sexy tho, park ga hee is def. a good leader~ im glad most of them can actually pull off the sex appeal... i almost want to laugh when cute girly groups wear clothes that are tighter or shorter and try to pass it off as "sexy."

Guest svisual

Quick Question: Who is the one in the 2-piece purple outfit with the pony tail & and who is the one with the strip-love-sleeve sweater..I can't tell them apart..

the one who was in the 2-piece purple outfit is Lee Joo Yeon ^^

you can find the names of the members tag on this video: http://kr.youtube.com/watch?v=LnPlULLEmns

the names will come out when they start singing "AH!"

---------

i think i may have an idea of when the MV will come out. seems like they're releasing their singles album (offline) on the 20th January so high chances are the MV will either come out on the same day or maybe earlier. but idono. i just can't wait for it to come out already!! if any of you have any info on the MV release date, please do share with us all!

---------

and just a reminder, Inkigayo starts at 4.10pm Korea Standard Time so remember to start buffering your TVAnts early!

What has everyone so riled up about this group? This thread has jumped nearly ten pages in a day. With only a mini-album (if you want to call it that) are you guys/gals expecting that much out of these girls?

FYI: This isn't a negative post, it's just that I'm curious to hear (or read) your thoughts beyond saying this or that about an individuals looks.

I agree with the above posts in that it's refreshing change from the cutesy girl groups dominating right now. But also because it's nice to see sexy done in a way that is really confident for women. I mean, just reading some of the posts back there are ladies here drooling over the bodies and mentioning they need to now hit the gym - joking aside, it still means that there are girls out there that wouldn't mind emulating them.

For a sexy girl group, that's huge for women wanting to emulate them.

In my opinion, what saves them (and ultimately protects them) are their two older bandmates who have a greater sense of what sexy is to a woman. PCD is very much geared to commanding what sexy is to women and not men. You can tell when they're performing, they're having tons of fun with it - it's very much a mixture "I'm Sexy. Don't mess with me" vibe and "You want to touch it? Try." vibe.

Even before I saw the performance I was listening to 'AH' and already I found my chest thrusting in the air to the beat. (I'm not entirely too sure if that says something about the song or me though.) I'm not expecting too much from them - but they raised the bar pretty high with their debut performance.

As you pointed out one group came onto the scene with "X" look but over time they returned to the "norm" for Korean girl groups. So by that logic it's only a matter of time before this group "normalizes" with the other girl groups.

hmm... i think that only holds true... if their debut 'x' image didnt do well w/ selling records. you'd have to change.. and hopefully for the better, thats only good management. whatever any group or solo artist debut as initially.... its either to try to compete w/ whats out there currently.... or come out w/ something 'refreshing'... otherwise, there'd be no hype.

so far... this group is doing a good job keeping up that hype. who knows how long they'll last or if they'll keep up their image in consecutive acts or whatever. but all i can say now, is that ... they are a breath of fresh air.... i too am an 'onnie' to many of the current groups. as i am only getting older and new emerging groups are just getting younger, what can i do? the song is catchy... but not quite addictive ... until i saw that performance. somehow... that just added the extra oomph. patiently waiting for the MV

and it will be strange for me... to see... a 28yr old.. acting all 'cutesy' in a performance. outside a performance or on variety shows, thats fine...shows more personality. but.. not on stage. just my opinion.

Guest xiheartricex

i echo everyone's sentiments...i think this group caught my attention (and not many do that quickly) b/c right off the bat they're going for the sexy concept, and not only that but they can actually pull it off (some groups start off w/the cute image and then try to go into the sexy concept but it just ends up looking like they're trying too hard).

and they all can dance! although park ga hee really stood out in their debut. she and jung ah have abs to die for, btw. and for the longest time i was thinking there was something wrong w/ga hee's teeth cause she doesn't smile w/her teeth at all in her pics except for 1 or 2 where they're still somewhat covered, haha. i'm excited to hear more about this group!

Guest secret.charmer

their debut performance was nice.

love the dance but not really into the song... yet..

what i like is that they have decent healthy looking body rather than the nowadays korean trends on being super skinny like some of the girls in some groups.. no offense

i hope their songs get better than this ^_^

Thanks to those who answered my question lol. It was a big hard since both had bangs and I've never known either of them until now.

Them being sexy or so is not hurting their image because they are not struting it out at 14yearsold or even 16. On top of that, they don't come off as being sell-outs and are not pushing it to the max..its more flow-y or it comes alittle easier to them. They also have the older ages to balance them out and carry the group's image.

Guest aimeehime

I just saw their debut performance!

WOW!

I like them already, but now I'm liking them more B)

I like the spunky, sexy attitude they give off on stage... I'd like to see them perform this live though... but dang.. those dance moves were HOT!! :ph34r:

Guest xxLove812

Sexy can still be cute :phew: The sexy version of 'Omona' :lol:

xcnr4z.gif

And I just noticed something while I was making this.

Ga Hee swtiched the moves lol She's suppose to do the

'Omona' pose first then the 'throw-hands-in-the-air" move :lol:

Guest procrastinator

I just know that I'm going to be following this group from now on.

I freaking loved their performance, so much charisma, so sexy.

I already have a favorite in the group. Park Ga Hee

Although I'm not gonna lie the girl that had a lot of cloths on in the performance seemed like she didn't quite fit. But then again this is just their first perfomance.

Does anyone have their schedule?

P.s haven't seen the music video on youtube yet so i'm assuming it hasn't come out yet.

Guest Labacookie

As for why I now support this group: They are *snap fingers* FIERCE. As others have said, the cutesy thing can get old real quick , especially if you're grown. I do like cute things, however, I have an appreciation for more mature music, including a more mature image*. I like that these girls don't act like babies. They are sexy, cool, pretty, and it really is refreshing to see a girl group like that for a change.

I'm not remotely upset about their age, either. It's nice to be able to listen to Kpop artists a few years older than I am. :)

I love their intro, find their music catchy, and think their image fits them well.

In short: I'm a total fan. :D

After School, FIGHTING!

*And I actually laugh at the comparison to [insert group, since we can't talk about other groups] because I cannot really stand that group and see them as largely talentless and kinda trashy. So it's interesting that I actually took to this group so fast given how much I dislike the group they're supposedly based off. :lol:

Guest LAWLiETTA~

mini icon spam ;

Hii, made some icons in the past hour! They're not very good (I'm supposed to be studying for finals right now so I just slapped stuff on and saved LOL), but I hope you like them.

5ezkes.jpg2djnkwj.jpg2llc13s.jpg2efhq9h.jpg

--

300zluv.jpgbi8j76.jpg974sqd.jpgnff828.jpg

Textures © fatal complexes @ LJ; pictures from this thread.

Icons © lawlietta; please credit if using!

I thought their debut performance was very solid; though it wasn't earthshatteringly original, I think they had a lot of energy and confidence. I can't remember if I mentioned this in my last post, but the reason that I'm now an official fan is because they can actually pull of this concept; they don't just seem like teens trying to act like people that they're not. These women are gorgeous and they know how to flaunt it, haha x)

Hahah! This song is pretty catchy!

The performance was great, considering it's their debut. @__@.. it's so professional.

Everytime I heard the beginning of the song "Ah" I can't help but think of beg's how x.x~

MY FAVORITE IS Lee Joo Yeon SO FAR! <333

Guest dorothyperkins17

i am actually starting to like this group..

i am so tired of underage girls TRYING to act sexy and overage girls trying to act cute,

which is kind of the trend nowadays..

also they're sexy, not anorexic

i think ga hee and jung ah are pretty..

i love their styles

i'm hoping this group will be successful

and have a bigger fanbase :D

Archived