Jyp's Wonder Girls (원더걸스) Official Thread 2

Guest `starry.night

Guest oyevv

If anyone is willing to tell me somethin, bt can u show me proof that wonder girls have entered billboard, cause i have researched on the billboard site and it says that they werent charted yet and i read before that they have entered the chart. so if someone would be kind to show me, please.

Thank you ;);)

• Replies 39.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest vietboi_tuan

Here it is.

They only stayed on the chart for a week. Still a great accomplishment though.

20091022_wondergirls.jpg

There was also this.

nobody-4.jpg

and this.

bb1single1.jpg

Guest sunmikiwangjang

SUNMI'S BIRTHDAY TRENDING TOPIC EVENT

So as many of you guys know, May 2nd is Sunmi Day.

However, what makes it more special is that it is also Sunmi's birthday.

We are planning on have a Trending Topic Event on Twitter just to celebrate her birthday.

May 2 is her birthday which is a Sunday.

For American fans, our trending topic even will be Saturday Night in order to be accurate with Korean Time.

Saturday, May 1 9:00PM EST (i.e. New York)

Saturday, May 1 6:00PM PST (i.e. California)

Sunday, May 2 10:00AM Korea time

Please tweet #happybirthdaymimi

If you have any questions please feel free to visit spectacle for more information or pm me.

mimiwink.gif

Guest shantewillie

What's this news that I am hearing? :unsure:

If you order the EP album, there will be another album comes with it.

What about the first 2000 people who order will get the 2nd album.

I am so confused. :blink:

Guest qoxie

actually, as a fluent mandarin speaker, i have to say she is not that fluent. she knows basic conversation skills, and yea, maybe nervousness or whatever, but i think she's more "fluent" in cantonese, and even then she's pretty limited in speech skills. from how i gather it (from hearing her speak on the radio show and on shows), she is korean, went to international school in hongkong i'm thinking? and there she learned cantonese and english, i'm THINKING. and as for the mandarin, i think she learned some of that while training for the chinese wonder girls.

Mandarin is likely the 4th language for Hong Kong expat kids like her, behind English (school instruction medium), Korean (mother tongue) & Cantonese (street lingo).

Her accent is also very obvious compared to the other WGs, whose tutors appeared to be Beijingers/Northerners with their precise pronunciations.

Obviously, LIM is still adjusting to the limelight as an industry newbie too.

But, above all else, she's just like your normal 18-year-old. Sohee isn't that articulate either.

Both maknaes were contented to defer to the unnis in their groups, including during LIM's time with JYP SISTERS.

It's a misnomer to deem her addition as a lure at the China market, where her cadence immediately gets pigeonholed (& IMO has the most anti-LIM & -JYP imbeciles).

What's this news that I am hearing? :unsure:

If you order the EP album, there will be another album comes with it.

What about the first 2000 people who order will get the 2nd album.

I am so confused. :blink:

Dunno whether they expanded it to 2,000 but I vaguely recall the 1,000 pre-orders were promised a free autographed laptop case.

Glad they confirmed it &, to be fair, the pre-orders were always meant for the LP album.

Thus the EP album is a bonus. On its own, it won't be as cheap as a CD single but, depending on its length, it can be priced as low as 1/3 to 1/2 of that for a LP album.

- - - - - - -

FYI A trio of peripheral WG-related stuff out of China (untranslated).

1. There was a report circulating that WG was one of the performers at the opening ceremony (April 28) of the 6th Annual China International Cartoon & Animation Festival (CICAF) in Hangzhou. Obviously they did not go, but I am now curious about what the WG item was (if at all). It's pretty big: a week-long exhibition/convention/trade fair/job fair/cosplay event.

2. WG & 'Nobody' is apparently used by the Korean pavilion at the Shanghai World Expo to held draw in the crowds. Still looking for more details but here is the initial mention.

3. Tan Jing 谭晶, a veteran soprano singer who was appointed an image ambassador of the Shanghai World Expo, said she had prepared 'Nobody' for her concert on the opening day, but did not perform it when the time ran out.

- - - - - - - -

Meanwhile, Taiwan reports that Fo Guang University had a Buddha muppet dancing to 'Nobody' as part of the Buddha's Birthday celebration festival (April 8 on the lunar calendar).

The Japan Times has published a feature length article about the Korean Girls groups moving to the markets outside Korea. It is focused on 4 minute and other girl groups eyeing Japan, but the coverage is wide and is referencing the rest of the industry and the Wonder Girls story in the US. There is a short interview of HyunAh about when she was a Wonder Girl.

Speaking of her experience with the Wonder Girls — whom she left due to health concerns — Kim is now grateful to have had experience in two of the Korean girl-group boom's leading acts.

"I felt like I was growing up," she says. "I felt I was starting (to be) a professional, not only looking at myself, but gaining the ability to see other members' attributes and find my role in the wider perspective."

Cr. Robert Michael Poole / The Japan Times

WGspectacle/Wonderfuls meetup !

So in case you all were wondering, Yes, we are having a meet-up. On behalf of Wgspectacle, we're sorry that everyone has been wondering if we were going to have a meet-up or not. Because of the Wonder Girls World Tour we've been very busy organizing projects for that, but we've quickly planned last minute a meet up. I'm the 2nd representative of Wgspectacle for korean bowl, so let's pray this all works out right being so quickly planned :)

Where? Inside Hollywood bowl but right outside the bowl.

When? May 1st, duh!

Time? 4 PM

What for?

- Distributing glowsticks (btw, people were asking if it's the queen bee ones with WG on it, but sadly it's not. we weren't able to get our hands on any of them because they were only for the WG tour in Asia. So it will be the regular purple burgandy glowsticks seen at musicbank, inkigayo, etc.)

- Distributing balloons

- Going over fanchants

- Take pictures

Btw, I will have a big poster that says Wonderfuls Meetup :]

Any questions ask me on twitter @katalinababby

Here's where it is:

14mtkyc.gif

HollywoodBowlStore.gif

p.s. I am aware that Kamilias and Hottests will be having their meetup near and around the same time as well. So that makes it easier for everyone to go get their glowsticks/balloons to support all groups :).

Guest qoxie

Wonder Girls, 2PM, KARA, and BEAST Head to the US!

April 29, 2010

With the Korean Music Festival coming up in two days, Korea’s top Kpop groups are coming to Los Angeles.

BEAST arrived at the LAX airport yesterday. The group wrapped up activities for their song Shock this week. They will return next week and promote their follow up song on all the music shows.

2PM departed today; have already finished pre-recording their comeback stages, so fans in Korea can still watch their performances. On a side note, 2PM won their first award for their song Without U on Mnet’s M! Countdown.

About two weeks ago, KARA finished their promotional activities for Lupin, and today, they also arrived at Los Angeles.

The Wonder Girls, who are scheduled to release their new album in May, are stepping onto the stage with their newest member HaeLim. They are no strangers to the American stage as they have been touring with the Jonas Brothers and been active in the U.S. in the past year.

I hope that each group and artist in attendance will be able to showcase the best of their talent and that each fan attending will have an unforgettable experience!

Source: Lee Onhyuck @ Newsen.com

Translation: Julez @ Kpoplive.com

Link: http://www.kpoplive.com/2010/04/29/wonder-...head-to-the-us/

Guest vietboi_tuan

Their comeback is in two weeks and we still haven't gotten any teaser to hype ourselves up yet.

I want to see teaser video and photos so bad. I really do think YeEun's twitter surprise have to

do with something tomorrow at the Hollywood bowl. Maybe a bit of their new song? That would

be so exciting. Can't wait for tomorrow. Have fun whoever goes tomorrow. Please scream your

lungs out for those Wonderfuls (like me) who couldn't be there. Wonder Girls & Wonderfuls fighting!

Guest tiffanydawn

OMG. i hope we can see some WG-Kara interactions. i miss the WonSoKa line. too bad SNSD can't attend :(

http://www.yesmagazine.com.hk/images/998/coverstory/2/b4.jpg

^i love Sunye's shoes.

i think among all the Korean idols, WG has the best fashion sense. well, thanks to New York :P

Wonder Girls - Political Party 全民最大黨 2010-04-30 (Part 2)

i wish i can understand Mandarin :(

Guest qoxie

I finished transcribing one of WG's earlier TV chats in Taiwan. Enjoy!

The interview seems scripted in parts (esp. at the start), insomuch the questions might have been vetted prior, although I do not believe they were wearing hidden mics.

Nonetheless, I was again very impressed by Sunye's Chinese knowledge. She is not as articulate in terms of expressing herself, but was notably able to grasp the conversation topics many, many times.

I also sense the TV host was blown away by Yeeun's propriety. She was all smiles throughout, but note how she approved of Park Oppa's witty answers to her 'Nobody' copycats & speak-a-Chinese-phrase overtures.

Show title: TVBS HOT NEWS 哈新闻

Show host: Smile Tzymann 翁滋蔓

Show guest: WONDERGIRLS

Note: The lingua franca is Chinese, except for the parts identified as Korean.

FYI The introductory footage contains snippets of the media interviewing the jet-setting fan Sunye would highlight during the interview.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

[PART 1]:

Translation begins 2:29 onwards into the clip.

Tzymann: Welcome back to TVBS HOT NEWS. I am Tzymann. Who is today's HOT celebrity date with Tzymann? Wah, tum-tum-tum... It should be evident. They are WONDERGIRLS of 'Nobody' fame!

WG: Hello everybody, we are WONDERGIRLS!

Tzymann: Hi! Did they just speak Chinese? You just spoke in Chinese! Please use Chinese to greet the audience.

LIM: Hello everybody, I am LIM.

Sunye: Hello everybody, I am Sunye.

Yoobin: Hello everybody, I am Yoobin.

Sohee: Hello everybody, I am Sohee.

Yeeun: Hello everybody, I am Yeeun. Happy to meet you.

Tzymann: I think their Chinese is very good! Next is my first question. You know, the stylist helped to dress me up today. So as to look like you all. You know, the promotional clothes you had modeled in. Isn't it obvious? I even had a haircut. Yes?

Yeeun: (in Korean) She is very pretty. Without doubt, a very good match if she joins us onstage together.

Sunye: Very pretty. We have prepared our albums...

Tzymann: Thank you. Wah, your albums! Like I said just now, they can speak so well! So ~ 1-2-3-4-5-6. I am group member number six. I am "WONDERFUL GIRL"!

Tzymann: So after arriving in Taiwan & deplaning, & then? Has Taiwan been different from what you expected?

Sunye: (in Korean) Take my case. We were previously staying in Korea. That is this female Taiwan fan who always waited for me outside our training center in Korea. She said she is studying Hangul because of me. I am very pleased & appreciative. Yet I saw her again after the flight here. It felt very miraculous. I initially suspected there were twins involved, or else why this chance encounter? Then I saw her letter to me. She said she likes to follow after us. That's why we ended in Taiwan together! It made me very happy.

Tzymann: With this trip, there are actually many Taiwan fans [here]. Is there any difference between Taiwan & Korean fans? Surely you have met Taiwan boys too. How about them?

Sunye: (cheekily) "How about them?"

Yeeun: (in Korean) However debated, both Korean & Taiwan fans are very enthusiastic. Perhaps the hotter weather here makes me feel Taiwan fans are very passionate. As for Taiwan boys, we have only arrived today & have not met many yet. But, at first glance, most of them look very handsome.

Tzymann: Wah, if that's the case. Taiwan boys are said to be very gentle. Moving on, are there any places you wish to visit during this trip? Like scenic spots, or eating joints?

LIM: I heard that Taiwan's 'pizza snack' 手抓餅 is very delicious.

Tzymann: Which one? What?

LIM: 'Pizza snack' 手炸饼. Ah...

Tzymann: Handmade fritters 手炸饼?

LIM: 'Pizza snack' 手炸饼.

Tzymann: (realizes) 'Pizza snack' 手炸饼. Delicious, like this? (Double thumbs up) You like it? Delicious. You spoke to me in Chinese, to boot. That's awesome! LIM is a Hong Konger?

LIM: I am a Korean, but I grew up in Hong Kong.

Tzymann: So that's why you can speak Chinese so well! Actually, at this point, do you all know how famous your 'Nobody' is in Taiwan?

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

[PART 2]:

Sunye: (in Korean) In truth, 'Nobody' has already been released in Korea for 18 months. That's why Taiwan fans love our song. We have thus come to Taiwan to meet with everybody. We are truly very elated, & are certain that the time spent [here] shall be very merry.

Tzymann: In fact, 'Nobody' is prevalent everywhere & can be heard anytime & anywhere. Also at year-end banquets, where everybody would just hop in. Have you seen the impersonators, the copycat versions of 'Nobody'?

Sohee: (in Korean) We have seen many videos online. Many people have also performed in front of us. We have seen many.

Tzymann: Any particular copycat version that caught your eye?

Yeeun: (in Korean) We have seen many editions of 'Nobody', & each of them is unique. Actually, we were in the rest lounge just now & saw the TV host (Tzymann) dance 'Nobody'. I feel that rendition is deeply impressive.

Tzymann: You know, I had secretly tried it out a while ago, before the cameras rolled. Caught in the act! Haha. Oh dear! Thank you. Appreciated! They are so considerate! Not bad. Very good potential! Haha.

Tzymann: Right. Actually, at this point, in truth your career path has experienced some transformations & personnel changes. Have there been any difficulties? Anything painful or challenging?

Sunye: (in Korean) Well, compared with the [past] difficulties, we are very happy to have worked on the new album with new member LIM. We are also keenly awaiting it after the long delay, & hope everybody can support us!

Tzymann: So along the way, what were the hardest parts? For example, the dance training or singing in Chinese?

Sunye: (in Korean) We felt the Chinese lessons to be very enjoyable instead. The most arduous parts are the occasional lack of proper sleep due to a packed itinerary. Those times can be rather exhausting!

Tzymann: What about learning Chinese at the outset? We can both see & hear the Chinese portions in those MVs. The pronunciation is very good! Very precise! No foreign accent at all. I so wish to know how you mastered that. Did LIM offer guidance?

LIM: No, I did not reach them.

Tzymann: Hahahaha...

LIM: We have phonetics tutors.

Tzymann: During those early days, did you feel learning Chinese or English was harder?

Yeeun: (in Korean) I feel each has its own pros & cons. In truth, we have been living in America for almost a year. So it is more comfortable speaking English now. But the Chinese & Korean languages have analogous roots, & it is more easy to learn the individual words by rote.

Tzymann: Let's have a test then. What is Sunye's favorite phrase?

Yoobin: "What are you doing!"

Sunye: Haha. "Have you eaten yet?" (in Korean) Actually, I had learned Chinese in my childhood. At that time, my teacher would often teach me poems.

Yoobin: (in Korean) Poems?

Sunye: (in Korean) Yup. I remember it was very fascinating learning the poems.

Tzymann: What about Yoobin? What can you say in Chinese?

Yoobin: (pauses) "I am Yoobin."

Tzymann: Also "Hello everybody", "thank you", "goodbye." What about Sohee?

Sohee: (hesitates) "Hello everybody, I am Sohee. How are you?"

Tzymann: Good. Last up is Yeeun.

Yeeun: Hope everyone likes our songs.

Tzymann: Wow, awesome! LIM need not demonstrate, having talked to me in Chinese earlier. Very amazing!

Tzymann: I wish to know, what has the most suitors?

WG: (in consensus) Yoobin.

Tzymann: How so?

Yeeun: (in Korean) Why Yoobin? Perhaps Yoobin unni has a more mature & sensuous image, & is thus the favorite among the males.

Yoobin: Really? Haha.

Tzymann: Who has the most FUN within? The most hilarious?

Sunye: Yeeun.

Tzymann: Really? To what extent? For example, making faces or...

Yoobin: (in Korean) To what extent...

Yeeun: (in Korean) To... what extent? (asks) To what extent?

Sunye: (in Korean) Depending on the circumstances.

Yoobin (Sunye?) : (In Korean) She really loves to tease others at times.

Yeeun: (in Korean) I also like playing pranks. Once, because Sunye keeps losing her cellphone, I would deliberately hid hers whenever she left it lying around. Then returned it to her after a period of time!

Tzymann: Let's promote your album to the Taiwan audience, shall we?

Sohee: (in Korean) This time, we recorded 3 of our previous songs 'Tell Me', 'Nobody' & 'So Hot' into Chinese versions. We have launched a 'Special Edition' album & hope everybody will enjoy it!

Tzymann: Of course, now that they have arrived on our set, many fans & netizens are unanimous in wishing WONDERGIRLS to dance 'Nobody' live. I, Tzymann, even practiced some today!

[They danced to 'Nobody'.]

Tzymann: Hahahaha. So happy! Thank you WONDERGIRLS! Thank you for coming to Taiwan! Goodbye. Thank you!

Guest qoxie

Can't find any clearer images, so the wg-sunmihk.sclub.com.tw screencaps will have to do.

Print version of the HK's latest YES Magazine issue (with WG as featured artiste).

iyo0go.jpg

24o4mf5.jpg

wl4pzl.jpg

34tbtef.jpg

i4pxuh.jpg

qri438.jpg

Source: http://wg-sunmihk.sclub.com.tw/viewthread....;extra=page%3D1

- - - - - - - - -

Wonder Girls is part of Sony Ericsson's "Make.Believe" campaign (photo)

Credit to wgyubin.net (no further info or links)

181a4p.jpg

Guest vietboi_tuan

^^^

What is with that picture of Lim?

They totally shopped her head on SunMi's body again

I am not impress with them doing such a bad job

photoshopping. If you are going to shop, don't

make it so obvious!

SunMi and I are not impress!

35kpd0y.gif

SoHee, YeEun, SunYe, and YooBin look great though!

I love leader's signature.

Ah Hollywood bowl is tomorrow , Omg anyone that going have fun! I can;t wait for fancam & such. I really want to

see Jype family (2pm & Wg <333) I hope they stand next to each others kekekeke

& Lim bang is really pretty, I like it

Guest qoxie

MTV Iggy revisited the time WG played Pictionary on their show.

Needed to do a lot of photoshopping to scale the pics down into a reasonable size.

2qd0mqu.png

The last drawing is captioned "'Squirrel' by WG" (in black at the bottom, but too small to see here.)

http://blog.mtviggy.com/2010/04/30/the-won...ingly-cute-duh/

- - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Justin Bieber, K-pop darlings lead bubblegum music invasion

By Rito Asilo

Philippine Daily Inquirer

First Posted 18:35:00 04/30/2010

BEAT the sweltering heat with the summer’s coolest pop tunes: Teen idols & tweeners’ darlings are on top of the heap, with Justin Bieber dominating the scene.

Spurred by the unshakable groove & youthful spirit of the single, “Baby, Baby,” his unlikely collaboration with Ludacris, the 16-year-old matinee idol’s first full-studio release, “My World 2.0,” debuted at No. 1 & continues to lord it over the Billboard 200 chart one month later.

Bieber has become so popular that he causes mass hysteria wherever he goes. Last Monday, for instance, the Australian police had no choice but to cancel the singer’s performance in Sydney when a crowd of 5,000 shrieking teenage girls got out of hand.

On Twitter, Justin appealed to his fans: “Come on, people. I want to be able to sign autographs, take pictures, & meet you, but if you’re all pushing, security won’t let me.”

Mass hysteria

We also saw this type of mass hysteria when we were in Japan last year for the “G.I. Joe” premiere. The Tokyo crowd became hysterical when Korean superstar, Byung-Hun Lee, greeted them –we even saw a fan lose consciousness!

Our journalist colleagues from other Asian countries told us then that, along with K-pop or Kayo music, what we witnessed was part of the so-called Korean Wave, the recent surge in popularity of contemporary South Korean culture – from movies to music.

Last month, Pinoy teenagers looked like they had finally caught up with the rest of Asia when they mobbed the 13-member boy band, Super Junior, led by Leetuek, who came here for the Manila leg of its “Super Show” tour. If you listen to their hit tunes, “Sorry, Sorry,” “Shining Star” & “It’s You,” you’ll understand the attraction.

They’re not alone: Another hot K-pop commodity is the pretty quintet, Wonder Girls, whose single, “Nobody,” became the first song by a Korean group to enter Billboard’s Hot 100.

Sandara Park’s recording career may have been a bust here (remember “Are You In or Are You Out”?), but she’s been given a new lease on her performing life as a member of the K-pop quartet, 2NE1 (“Lollipop,” “Fire,” “I Don’t Care”). Their male counterpart is Big Bang (“Gara Gara Go,” “My Heaven”).

Lovely melodies

Two elements that make the Korean sound catchy are its irresistible beats & lovely melodies. Consider: Shinee’s “Stand By Me,” Kara’s “Don’t Be Shy,” “Secretly, Secretly,” “Mot Ji Kin Mal,” Ss5ol’s “Making A Lover” & “Becoz I’m Stupid,” Girl Generation’s “One Year Later,” Three Bicycle’s “One More Time,” Howl’s “Love You” & Boa’s “Girls On Top.”

On the local front, the five-girl Pinoy quintet, Eurasia, is making its presence felt via their self-titled debut album that’s characterized by the girls’ unique brand of digitized sound.

Most notable in the 13-song track listing: “Ikaw ay Perfect,” the hook-driven, hip-hop-infused remake of The Bangles’ “Walk Like An Egyptian,” & their sexy, jazzed-up cover of Mon del Rosario’s “Working Girls.”

Source: http://showbizandstyle.inquirer.net/entert...-music-invasion

- - - - - - - - - - -

Dunno what the following is all about, but fan bloggers of the Stardoll website has been circulating the following image & talking about a free WG poster(?)

9g92du.jpg

I just watch the show , . . & omg it was super funny LMAO! First off our girls look A M A Z I N G! They are so pretty

plus funny & silly too :) But most importantly they seem like they really have a great time.

Lim really fit in more now , she is really cute . . our maknae

5v0lrd.jpg

^Lol her nail

Yoobin protecting her from . . .

efp5s8.jpg

a0gzr9.jpg

him xD

7296ys.jpg

Guest stepdaughter

^

the hosts in the show are all hilarious. i love chen handian who impersonates stanley huang. XD

btw i thought hye lim is fluent in chinese, but her chinese isnt any better than the others. =="

Archived