Jyp's Wonder Girls (원더걸스) Official Thread 2

Guest `starry.night

^

^

well..it is not our problem cause you said vips cursing at cassies!? so you should write that comment their thread not here...-_-'' and try not to spread those things...even though it might be true...it will create more harsh comments from other fans...so yeah...anyways...does anyone know when the girls coming to USA?

• Replies 39.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest XiahxTiffany

srry for talking about this incident really dont want this to spread :)

and yea srry to all those super WG fans out there and im pretty sure they are coming to US

late feb. to prepare for jyp tour :)

and can anyone tell me the youtube channel that WG made?

Guest hiphopatihopxx

the video of them speaking english got deleted? oo noo i just told my friend about it today and now she won't be able to see it.

woah the girl's youtube channel got 50,000 views? omgg that is soo many.

i am still confused of when exactly the girls are coming to america since the schedule sounds kind of confusing.

aww SoHee. I would feel so awkward if random people were taking pictures of me at school. Her school life is probably soo hard but i atleast respect her for keeping up with it. Most stars here in the US that are still in school just get a tutor.

Question of the Day:

Which was your most favorite to least favorite outfit(s) during "Tell Me"?

1 . sohee

2 . sun mi / yoobin

3 . ye eun / sunye

i also liked all of the tell me outfits . lOL i can't make it to five >_>

i really liked sohees outfit, its not too showy, nor is it too cover up (:

sun mi's outfit was totally cute too, her tutu skirt was adorable.

yoobins outfit LOL i just liked the shorts (: and the tie thing.

ye eun's outfit was nice at some, and ... at some. they always give her weird clothes,

i liked her so hot concept most <3 they showed so much skin and ye eun looked amazing LOL.

sunye. ah i really liked her overall outfit too hahas.

tell me days had some whack hair styles though O___O

i agree with the suggestion i think i will release all the graphics on their anni. but dont anticipate too much ):

sharon did a fantasic job on her part T_T and mine is just kshfeheio yeah LOL.

Guest littlesharkdude

Sorry about the one line post I did not remember reading about that rule, only about quoting images, I am sorry >_<

Yeah I think it would be good to just drop the entire scam subject =\ It would make this thread a lot more friendly.

About Sohee going to school, I don't understand how that is even possible for celebrities xD like I had a friend who picked up acting and withdrew from our public school to become home schooled, it must be so awkward just trying to be normal and go down the halls or go to class and just have everyone stare at you. I feel so sorry for her =(

Guest misspinky

^much agreed. i know they get tutored for english so why don't they get home schooled and that way they can get more sleep too but i'm guessing they want those memories and for people to see that they are indeed humans too. but honestly i think i would secretly take pics if any of the WG were at my school but i wouldn't post them up, i think that's a bit too much.

i always thought that sunmi was and is pretty but dang those pics blow me away. i think she turning into a woman, she has that femininity to her now. and yoobin looks seemingly skinnier, i hope she happy and healthy though! sunye's long hair is love.

and regarding the tickets affair, people keep bringing it up but it's resolved so the best way to deal with it is to politely let people know so they don't recirculate old news. personal opinion: i think people should just grow up, IMO i'm not a crazy fan of anyone or anything for such matter. i mean sure i'll feel sad for them for maybe a minute or so but that's it. netizens put wayyyy too much emotion in things that don't really concern them.

Guest xjjjLOVE

What? The video has been deleted?! That's weird ... :'(

I only saw it once I hope it's posted again

the girls video exploded though

I think during Tell Me the outfits are as goes

1.) Yoobin

2.) Sohee

3.) Sunmi

4.) YeEun

5.) SunYe

I didn't really like the striped pants that SunYe wore

but they still all look very very pretty :D <33

Guest deviana

the video of them speaking english got deleted? oo noo i just told my friend about it today and now she won't be able to see it.

woah the girl's youtube channel got 50,000 views? omgg that is soo many.

srry for cutting your post short :sweatingbullets: but you can see the video on sunmi's wordpress page if it's not on the first page it should be

somewhere there!

Guest Wickerman

http://www.newsen.com/news_view.php?uid=200901230823221001

Wonder Girls, Will Their American Launch Become a Reality?

In the Middle of Pushing for a Contract with a Large Agency

By Newsen’s Entertainment Division

The Wonder Girls are in the midst of confidential discussions with

one of the three major agencies in the US in order to push for a contract.

With this, it looks as though the Wonder Girls’ launch into the

world market is expected to pick up speed.

It has been revealed that the Wonder Girls’ management company,

JYPEntertainment, is currently in talks to close a contract deal with one

of US’ top three agencies. JYPEntertainment is awaiting a response from

the agency after having sent in materials including video footage of the

Wonder Girls’ entertainment activities.

In preparation for their launch into the American market, the Wonder Girls

members have been immersed in their English studies and in practicing acting.

They recently established their own personal channel on YouTube and shared

a clip that they had recently filmed. Moreover, they caught eyes by displaying

their smooth English skills in the clip.

The Wonder Girls have been preparing for their launch into the US market

since two years ago.

The Wonder Girls first appeared in the US last February and March as guests

during JYP’s American concert tour in New York and Los Angeles. They have plans

to appear in concerts in LA, Orange County, and New York this coming March.

credit: Newsen/ppoki@spectacle

Okay! Now we're getting the good stuff.

First Lawrence Bender as producer then mention that it's a "reality" show

and now a little more detail. I really like this idea!:

Forget CDs, it's people powering music in Asia, says JY Park

Audrey Stuart

January 23, 2009 - 11:50AM

It's people who power music in Asia, where digital downloads are king and superstars

are groomed for global stardom. And a major force behind this movement is South

Korean media mogul JY Park.

"We don't make music, we make stars," Park told AFP in an interview during the four-day

MIDEM music trade show in this French Riviera town that closed Wednesday.

Born Park Jin-Young, the singer-songwriter and founder of JYP Entertainment, a major

Korean pop label, is one of Asia's most successful artist-entrepreneurs.

He has already created megastar Rain, Joon Park and new pop sensations, the Wonder Girls,

and is training a hand-picked group of highly talented youngsters to become the big names

of the future in Asia and beyond.

A major performer in his own right with 31 number one albums in Korea and 20 in Asia,

Park was forced to change direction when high broad-band penetration led to the arrival of

digital downloads.

That led to the rapid collapse of the physical CD market in Korea and Park had to react swiftly to survive.

His response was to turn to human talent.

"The fact that we need a star will never change therefore my safest bet was human beings."

He's never looked back since and firmly believes the CD will disappear completely from other

markets within the next five years because of their inconvenience.

Park's music empire spins cash without selling records, something most music companies attending

MIDEM were desperate to learn more about.

And Park was very open when he told a packed conference that he aims to make 50 percent of his

artists' earnings from advertising endorsements and another 50 percent from films, TV and music downloads.

Inspired by Motown Records and Berry Gordy's pioneering approach to nurturing and molding talented

musicians, Park also doesn't believe a star can be born overnight. He can spend up to seven years

preparing his multi-talented youngsters for their artistic debuts.

"It's weird, because Motown is American, and American companies aren't doing it," he said at MIDEM

during his first trip to Europe.

To help him build up a pool of highly trained artists, he has opened academies in Beijing, Seoul and

New York, which coach around 100 selected youngsters after school hours with Park's company

covering all the costs.

This approach contrasts with the wave of hugely popular reality TV shows such as Pop Idol and

Star Academy that aim to turn out music sensations in the space of a short but intense few months of training.

Rain, for example, caught Park's eye when he won the Korean version of Pop Idol. But he disappeared

from the public eye straight after winning while Park spent five years honing his singing, acting,

dancing and language skills.

All the students have to work at learning at least two languages and preferably three: Mandarin,

Korean and English. And as well as being musically talented, they must be attractive and

self-disciplined. Less than 80 percent make the grade.

A major slice of Park's revenue comes from advertising endorsements with major brands such

as Samsung or Baskins-Robbins ice cream. "Endorsements are one of my biggest sources of

revenue, that plus digital downloads, merchandising and TV shows."

TV is his next big target with his goal to break into the United States. Talks have

begun with major youth TV channels such as Disney, Nickelodeon and ABC.

One show is to feature his up-and-coming five-strong girl band, the Wonder Girls,

on the model of Beatles film "A Hard Day's Night", which played up the personalities

of the band members bringing them closer to their fans.

Another TV series in the pipeline will star two of his protegees who will play Asian superstars

discovering cultural differences in the United States.

Park is the first Asian producer to crossover into the US and produce for top artists there that

include Will Smith and Cassie.

His goal, he says, is "to be the only entertainment company that launches stars in the East and the West".

Source:Sydney Morning Herald (smh.com.au)

Guest littlesharkdude

Wonder Girls, Will Their American Launch Become a Reality?

In the Middle of Pushing for a Contract with a Large Agency

By Newsen’s Entertainment Division

The Wonder Girls are in the midst of confidential discussions with

one of the three major agencies in the US in order to push for a contract.

This is so exciting! What if they start to tour in USA as well, at places other than LA or NY. I can't wait for the Wonder Girl's big debut in the USA, I wish them much luck and best wishes!

Guest blazeee

this ticketing thing -- yes it is unfortunate that some wonde girls fans were involved ( if this is so!) were involved, but now that apologies have been made and what not , bringing up the same topic all the time is really not doing anyone any good...I wish that these certain posters would just stop posting that news again and again.

Issues like this have been happpening and will continue...its not like only WONDERFULS n VIPS have indulged in such acts, such things have been happening since FOREVER by all FANDOMS!!! So we should not let news like this bother us --- willl only lead to souring of relations between Cassies and Wonderfuls + VIPs

(haha....how do VIPs and WonderFuls alaways manage to group together?..if this issue werent so bad I'd be gushing about the closeness of these 2 fandoms;;lol)

^^ i hope they find a really good agency for the girls.

hmm i wonder why they delete the girls clip where they speak english

i went to their youtube channel & it replace by a clip of them speaking korean w/ english sub.

Question of the Day:

1. yoobin

2. ye eun

3. sohee/sunmi

4. sunye

Guest XiahxTiffany

well just remembered the thing cause i kept reading tickets

but JYP tour soon i really wonder what they are going to perform :)

i hope tell me, so hot, irony, nobody, and maybe a few like dance battle songs !!!

i really cant wait to take pictures

and yes finaly debuting in the US by going in reality shows

and series television!!! :)

Guest hellokiki

Question of the Day:

1. Yoobin

2. Sunmi

3. Yeeun

4. Sohee

5. Sunye

thank you tortyserox for the link (^__^)

Guest hiphopatihopxx

i hope the girls get a good agency here in the US. but a show on disney channel?ehhhh

i really like reality shows to get closer to the bands but no one does that here in the US.

deviana- yay thanks for sharing where the video is.

Random: But I seem to know all of the Wonder Girls' last names except Sun Mi's

...anyone willing to help me out please? :blush:

sunmi's last name is sun, and her first name is mi, I think. that's why the fans chant "sunmi jjang!!" when they perform, since they also chant the last names of the other members. if i am incorrect, please correct me!

sunmi's last name is sun, and her first name is mi, I think. that's why the fans chant "sunmi jjang!!" when they perform, since they also chant the last names of the other members. if i am incorrect, please correct me!

oh seriously? thanks a lot.

I guess I'm just use to Koreans having two names.

Archived