Jyp's Wonder Girls (원더걸스) Official Thread 2

Guest `starry.night

Guest i.said.goodbye

^

thank you goldenGAZE. You took the words right out of my mouth.

I think we should just forget about this whole issue of popularity... the girls are doing what they want to do and I'm happy for them. I wouldn't want them to have stayed in Korea just for their popularity.

When you watch their old performances you can see a big difference between then and now... they've improved tremendously and they will only get better.

Let's just continue supporting the girls the best way we can :)

• Replies 39.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ♪ LeeNa ♪

if i said i'm sad that they are no.40 that because i love them

if i said i want them to comeback that because i miss them

and yes they improved .. and i'm happy as long as they are and i'll ontinue supporting them no matter where or what are they doing .....

---------

i like yubin's hair in this pic

n5793270999150971605.jpg

Guest MissBoAngel

So #HappySUNday isn't trending, that's twitter's problem not ours. We tweeted just as much and more then some of the trending topics. Good job Wonderfuls!!

And now, finallyyyyyy here are the pictures for SUNlight's 'Lighting Up The World' birthday project~

t2jw.jpg

t3bp.jpg

t1pstg.jpg

t4bc.jpg

t5af.jpg

t6of.jpg

d01fef4ada8a8f08b9cdcd3.jpg

Well .. ENJOY! What you guys think?

For more pics and information visit http://lmfsunlight.wordpress.com/

Guest ll_borderline

Happy Birthday Leader Min!!!

Our Leader Min who is not just a great leader but a leader who leads with her beautiful heart.

You are truly a blessing to everyone! Happy Birthday Leader Min,

may the Lord Continue to bless you and all Wonder Girls endeavours!

2a4pylx.jpg

#HappySUNday Everyone!!!

Guest Mia_Mia

^

^

yum yum!

Sunye is going to get herself a little cute tummy after eating those goodies!.. Project is definitely a huge success

credit ricecakey on twitter

Sunye couplings at Beijing (sadly no sunlim)

because im super biased :P ! MinAn (Awwwwwwwwwwww....Sunye is feeding her baby again!)

144414809-ba42468a90b59e6bdf92783f4be7d0f1.4c63f758-full.jpg

because i think yumin looks picture perfect together :wub:

144417450.jpg

because they will forever be WG's official couple... 2YE! <333333333333333333

1444168722.jpg

edit:

mindot released this picture earlier today, looks like they hung out with Sunye and the girls during one of the concerts (how lucky are they!)... rofl at Sohee!

55387563.jpg

Guest ♪ LeeNa ♪

Cuteness Factor: the key to a girl group’s success?

20100812girlidols.jpg

Korea is currently in its girl idol group phase, but what is the reason for the boom in popularity?

The reasons behind the immense popularity of girl idol groups range from their simple concepts to their catchy songs, from their individual talents to their eye-catching performances. However, there seems to be one more interesting reason behind many female idols’ fame.

Osen recently pointed out that cute members of female groups tend to generate widespread interest and bump up a group’s popularity singlehandedly. Every member has their own individual role in the group, and every group has a member in charge of being the ‘cute’ one. In Korea, fans call this certain member “Kui-yo-mi (귀요미),” meaning “the girl with the cute image (귀여운 이미지를 가진 이).” This member is in charge of garnering fanboy love with her cute/lovable/girly charm, which will result in a bigger fanbase for the group. In this report, Osen identified four girl group members that fit this role.

The national mascot for the ‘cute member role’ is Wonder Girls‘ Sohee. Even though the Wonder Girls have been promoting internationally for quite a while, this idol in particular still has a strong fanbase as the classic example of a group’s cute member.

Sohee was able to capture the hearts of many males with her chubby cheeks, her big single eyelid eyes and pure skin, which gave her the nickname ‘Mandoo Sohee.’ Due in no small part to Sohee’s popularity, Wonder Girls soared to fame with their hit song Tell Me from their first album, ‘The Wonder Years.’ With Sohee’s cute image and her famous “omona” pose during Tell Me performances, many older males joined the ranks of the Wonder Girls fanbase.

Despite being the second oldest member of 2NE1, Sandara Park has also been branded the cutie of this quartet. With her clear skin and small face, Sandara does not look any older than her fellow younger members. f(x)’s Sulli is also in charge of the cute image in her group, and has received much love for her innocent baby face.

Beige - So Hot (Heechul's reaction XDD) @ YS

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_JQGG4ykLHk&feature=related

Guest xD_YiYi

^

^

i like the pic <3

can someone tell me where are the girls right now ???

Back at Korea..Happy 21st Birthday Leader Min~ haha

Probably resting n preparing for their Taiwan Concert~

Or..working on their new album =P <-- (i was hoping for that)..lols

Guest valentino_rossi46

# JANEyjK

@mimimimi0502 돈까스만보면 미미생각 about 1 hour ago via web

# Jane Kim JANEyjK

@mimimimi0502 돈까스맛 about 1 hour ago via web

Jane tweet about donkatsu - pork cutlet to Mimi :P

Update from the Taiwan concert Facebook.

Responding to an inquiry there, they also said the JYPE flight details will be released soon.

28001tw.gif

Source: http://www.facebook....eanfever?v=wall

- - - - - - - - - - -

2q856vt.gif

Source: http://tw.nextmedia....ssueID/20100811

WONDERGIRLS 2-hour delay in Beijing was riotous; their coy voices smoothed the crowds' discontent

2010-08-11 Apple Daily

[Chen Ying / Summary] WONDERGIRLS of 'Nobody' fame in Asia made an appearance in Beijing a couple days ago. It attracted over 1,000 fans who thronged the scene for a glimpse at them. The girls' transport had broken down, causing them to be late by 2 hours. Group leader Sunye said in Chinese: "Sorry, we are late!" It immediately smoothed the fans' discontent, & caused high-pitched screams that almost raised the roof.

Asia's hottest stars

The girls were in Beijing Xidan Joy City Mall to promote their new album '2 Different Years'. It attracted over 1,000 cheering fans. The event venue was packed to the full, with the 1st to 4th floors 'occupied' by fans. The situation was out of control, causing the security detail to continuously shout in order to preserve order.

The fans were made to wait 2 hours before WONDERGIRLS's belated appearance. But the fans were not angry [with them]. Once they heard the live 'Nobody Chinese version', their emotions hit a HIGH as they happily sang & danced along.

The girls went on to say that they are elated to see so many fans & that, in the future, they may act in movies & music dramas & hope everyone will support them too.

The hoobaes will accompany along for August 21 Taiwan concert

The girls are participating in the 'Mnet Ultinate Live in Taiwan' concert on August 21. The next day, they will head south to perform at the Kaohsiung Arena. For this visit, their hoobaes 2PM & MISS A, their mentor Park Jin Young as well as boy band MBLAQ will also perform. Park Jin-young declared that the Taiwan fans will get an unforgettable experience. For ticket bookings, please contact Era Ticket http://www.ticket.com.tw

(Ticketing details omitted.)

Blown-up pic:

bhws9u.gif

- - - - - - - - - - - -

51dl09.gif

Source: http://music.ifensi.com/article-283766.html

WONDERGIRLS loves Otaku (nerds) most; the male fans screamed the loudest at album launch event

ifensi.com 2010-08-11 16:17:18

Korea's WONDERGIRLS of 'Nobody' fame in Asia was in Beijing for the first time on August 9. It was to help rally their new album '2 Different Tears'. They announced that they plan to hold a concert in Bejjing at year's end.

WONDERGIRLS appeared onstage at 4pm. They performed the Chinese version of their new material '2 Different Tears'. Although the song was released not long ago, many fans in the audience were able to sing along in unison.

When interviewed, the ladies said they hope to come to China more often, apologized for messing up the Chinese lyrics, & promised the fans that they will study harder at the language. They also said they would pick Otaku (nerds) as boyfriends, "because Otaku are usually more homely." This answer was cheered by many male fans in the audience.

^

~Soheechul! <333 :lol:

- - - - - - - - - - - -

Here's a short IMTV (Inner Mongolia Television Station) news clip of International Nadam Fair.

Wonder Girls has a 3-second cameo at 1:38~1:41.

The video is small in size, but it still has the best image quality so far.

http://tv.people.com...9/12426180.html

Screengrabs:

screenhunter02aug130057.gif

screenhunter03aug130057.gif

- - - - - - - - - -

Sony Ericsson Asia-Pacific Facebook has released Wonder Girls Ringtone #4.

Direct download link: http://bit.ly/cjhyu9 (WG4.zip, 39.5 kb)

- - - - - - - - - -

WG casts a long shadow in the following news story, without actually appearing in person.

33u2vs1.png

Source: http://music.ifensi....e-283902-2.html

MISS A rises in popularity, aspires to be WONDERGIRLS & 'talent singers'

2010-08-12 09:39:10 Source: ifensi.com

There is a new rising star in pop music. Even BIG BANG & SE7EN conceded defeat.

New-generation girl group MISS A is regarded the most-lauded pop group for the first half of the year. Barely a month after debuting, they not only topped the various music charts, but also achieved exceptional TV ratings. Their superlative 'Shut Up Boy' can be heard when strolling the streets or at the coffee shop. The interview was scheduled for 11 am. The quartet of JIA, FEI, Suzy & MIN had missed breakfast, & they were craving for rice sausages & rice cakes. Overcome by hunger, the foodies bought rice balls from the convenience stalls to fill their stomachs. Instead of their cool & sexy image, when off-stage MISS A is actually the same as other girls.

Asked about their sudden rise to fame, the group members were animated in their replies: "Popularity? We really want to thank everyone", "The response is much greater we expected", "We will work harder with our own concept for the fans." Although these are stock answers for overnight sensations, their facial expressions told a different story. Looking much cheerier & happier than before their debut, one group member was honest: "Very blessed. Our mood remains very good no matter how busy it gets." Suzy said jovially, "We recently guested for 2PM's concert, & the response was quite good. Even though we had to perform 'Shut Up Boy' in the 'Bad Girl Good Girl' mode, the audience was so enthusiastic that our hearing & diction could not coordinate like per usual. I almost tripped onstage at that time. But I would have laughed even if I fell. The audience's cheers made me feel very blessed. My recent mood has been super fabulous." To the side, JIA, FEL & MIN were laughing & reenacting the blooper. The quartet was very energized during the interview, interacting in various languages, indeed a group well-known for their stage performances.

They are rising stars. With a great song, a long apprenticeship, & management company JYPE's guidance, everyone is curious whether they can become another WONDERGIRLS. To this, the group members have different opinions. JIA said: "Ah, thank you for the comparison. But we are fresh in our own way to. Our forte is stage performances so there is no rivalry. As sunbaes, they have given us many tips." "Sunbaes like Sunye, Nichkhun & Jo Kown took a personal interest. We even consulted them when there are problems. It is very much like a big family." MIN added: "They are our strongest supporters. Wherever they are, they always cheer us on. Naturally, we must now do even better. Our new single is coming out soon, although timing & packaging are not ascertained yet. But stayed tuned."

As the interview winded down, JIA, FEI, Suzy & MIN talked about the recent online hoopla over not wearing makeup for a radio show. MIN pleaded innocence: "Ah, actually we do not understand those claims, is it that different? I really don't understand what the benchmark for beauty is. Perhaps I have been living abroad for too long. Everyone has different ideas." "Koreans seems to look upon the kindliest-looking as beauties too. Different from my own view. But my own aesthetics seem to have changed recently, so I do not know what beauty is. Many people asked me if I like my own makeup, but I think putting on cosmetics is not important. I am not obsessed about it." JIA also spoke out: "Foremost, substance remains the most important. We do not want to be just visual standouts, but to have people call us 'talent singers.' Please stayed tuned."

Guest girls2girls

omg wondergirls is like everywhere now...lol

btw i need help here

i;m looking for a link of this gif..

2gvro8o.gif

i remember i've watched it on youtube but now i couldn't find it anyway, i'm really dying to watch this clip again :sweatingbullets: so could anyone of you share me the link if you guys see/have it by any chances, please~ lol it's ok actually..i hate youtube, they deleted so many wondergirls shows/clips lately, even fancams <_<

Archived