Jyp's Wonder Girls (원더걸스) Official Thread 2

Guest `starry.night

Guest freakloverxx

looks like we have two 4D alien maknaes in Wonder Girls..

Sunmi and Limmie.no wonder Sohee is now getting closer to Limmie.

maknae bond <3

• Replies 39.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest jcsmark

^

I think Sohee's photoshoot for ZZIN Magazine will come out soon if it's the December issue (I think ZZIN issues come out twice a month).

Wonder Girls did a photoshoot for Vogue Korea that should be coming out very soon too!

More HQ photos of Yubin for Singles Magazine!

20111118yubinforsingles.jpg

원더걸스 유빈, 금발의 마틸다로 변신

지금 눈앞에 펼쳐진 화보의 기획자는 유빈이다. 먼저 화보 콘셉트를 제안하고 촬영 전 미팅을 요청한 연예인은 유빈이 처음이다. 원더걸스의 랩퍼 유빈을 만나는 일은 이렇게 놀라움의 연속이었다. 원더걸스가 미국으로 진출하겠다고 했을 때도 그랬었지. 원더걸스가 돌아왔다. 유빈이 돌아왔다.

원더걸스라는 그룹이 보컬 중심인데 랩 파트가 적어서 평소에 서운한 건 없나.

서운해할 일은 아닌 것 같다. 랩을 맡고 있지만 랩이 들어가는 게 어울리지 않는 노래에 억지로 끼워 맞추는 건 아니라고 생각한다. 내가 맡은 파트의 분량보다 노래의 완성도가 중요하다.

여성 랩퍼로서 한국의 여성 랩퍼의 입지가 어떻다고 생각하는가.

이제 장르가 다양해져서 많이들 들어주는 것 같다. 힙합뿐만 아니라 대중이 이제 다양한 음악에 마음을 연 것 같다. 오디션 프로그램의 영향도 큰 것 같은데 우리만 해도 오디션 프로그램을 보면서 많이 배운다.

미국에서 걸어 다니면 사람들이 얼마나 알아보나.

아우, 아직 멀었다. 무대에서 콘셉트가 강하다 보니 평소의 모습으로 돌아다니면 그냥 동양인 다섯 명이 걸어가는구나 한다(웃음). 한국에서도 그랬지만 더 자유롭게 하고 다녔다. 멤버들이 맛집 찾아다니는 걸 너무 좋아해서 생얼에 추리닝 바람으로 많이 돌아다녔다. 멤버 각자 좋아하는 음식이 다 달라서 멕시칸, 그리스, 인도 음식 등 골고루 먹었다. 그리스 레스토랑 중에 연어에 시금치와 크림 소스를 넣고 춘권 같은 빵으로 둘러서 오븐에 구운 음식을 하는 곳이 있는데 정말 맛있다. 뉴욕 오면 어디인지 꼭 알려주겠다

Source http://www.thesingle.co.kr/common/cms_view.asp?channel=451&subChannel=453&idx=5689

OH. MY. GOD Can Yoobin get any hotter? I mean seriously, I can't even handle it ^O^. She look amazing that short blonde wig look perfect on her. This woman is just. . I have no words. She's chic, classy, & straight up sexy without even trying.

The first picture is <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

Guest jcsmark

Not sure if this video has been shared here yet

Wonder Girls on KBS 생생정보통(Nov. 17th)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rr4pU0mjrrY&feature=youtu.be&a

Credit PikeheartYenny

-------

Remember to watch MinAhn MC on Music Bank today!

[Today's schedules]

18/11 KBS COOL FM89.1 Jeon Hyeonmu’s Gayo Plaza (Radio) (12PM)

18/11 KBS Music Bank (Sunye + Sohee MC) (6:00PM)

18/11 MBC Radio FM4U Kan Miyeon’s close friends (Radio)

18/11 SBS POWER FM107.7 Lee Seok Hoon Ten Ten Club (Radio) (8:00PM)

Credit Wonderfuls Cafè

Guest WonderfulSohee

WONDER GIRLS WILL ATTEND THE YEAR END OF KBS or MBC (forget??) MUSIC SHOW

:wub: :wub: :wub:  

The full lists: BIGBANG, TVXQ, MISS A, SNSD, 2PM, F(X), 2NE1, IU, SISTAR, SERECT, KARA, INFINITE, SUPER JUNIOR, MLAQ, BEAST, LEE SEUNG GI, 4MINUTE, FTISLAND, MEMBER OF SS501...

The other year of WONDERBANG???  w00t.gifw00t.gif

Really?!!!

Omo omo omoNA!!!

SOurce?

I want my WonderBang!

Guest TheArchangel

Yubin apologizes for Wonder

jhezwafu @dkpopnews.net

The Wonder Girls claimed their first victory for their comeback track "Be My Baby" on Mnet M! Countdown last night. However, although it wasn't aired, Wonder Girls broke their trophy while performing their encore stage.

Earlier today, Yubin apologized for the incident. It turned out that the trophy slipped from their hands and she accidentally stepped on it. Through her official Twitter, Yubin wrote, "Despite waiting so long for our comeback, I felt sad for breaking the trophy. We all appreciate all of your efforts so we promise to work harder next time."

Pictures of the girls being in complete shock surfaced online and also became one of the top searched tags on various portal sites. Fans who have seen the news showed their support and immediately encouraged the group to do well for their next performances.

taken from

dkpopnews.net

Yubin looks absolutely gorgeous in that blonde wig! I love how they're always putting wigs on her for magazine pictorials, they make her look sooooo fierce and I'm loving every single thing about that pictorial, and I loveeee the HQ scans! Thanks for sharing! I can't wait for Sohee's!

This is kind of late hahas, but I also wanted to congrats the girls on winning music banks trophy <3 I also got emotional during the girls winning speech and aw, our Sunye and Lim was crying on the side, and the others were hugging them and wiping their tears. I found it so cute when our dorky Yubin broke the trophy as well, and ah, it was such a cute moment. I wish there were fancams of these.

Like many Wonderfuls mentioned before, it's not all about the winning and etc; but it does make us feel nice to see the girls win. I mean, after all their hard work and all, I'd really like to see them take a triple crown home again. But as many of you mentioned, since Sohee and Sunye are both mcing, there's a huge chance that they wouldn't be winning it, or the calculations of someone lololol, but I'm still going to have hope <3

Speaking of the girls MCing again... I just wanted to have some picture spams <333333

^ if only we could have that trio again....

I was also wondering if anyone is able to provide me a link of the online streaming for tonight, lolol, I wasn't able to stream last weekend :(

I don't usually like seoulbeats articles, but one thing I do appreciate is that they never kiss up and they always say the truth. They recently wrote an article about the girls, and just to warn you guys that the beginning is kind of harsh, but I really liked the way they ended it. (please highlight to understand the whole article)

Second Thoughts: Perhaps Be My Baby Isn’t All Bad

By now, everyone has seen the Wonder Girls make their comeback to the k-pop scene, and everyone has an opinion about it. When I initially divulged on the two teasers some weeks back, the outlook was skewed. The two teasers were polar opposites of each other: one was sexy, even a little raunchy–something we’ve never seen the Wonder Girls do, and that was exciting. The other was, well, everything I had feared for: a retro melody and mediocre choreography. Same old Wonder Girls.

When JYP dropped the “Be My Baby” music video, I wanted to crawl under my covers and cry. In fact, it was so boring, I couldn’t even finish the whole thing. I felt cheated–JYP teased us with this invigorating and fresh new look for the Wonder Girls only to throw us all under the bus of failed expectations with typical Wonder Girls material. The song was easily marred as a botched holiday jingle.

With so much hype and anticipation behind the famed Wonder Girls comeback, I really wished JYP spent a little more time coming up with something a little more inventive for the music video, not something that sounds like miss A leftovers crammed together. But, I must say their live performances really made me reconsider my opinion about the song. Perhaps the biggest reason that made me change my mind occurred when I realized that I knew who I was watching perform on stage–and I know that sounds silly, but stay with me.

Groups in K-pop change concepts and images all the time. SNSD just went bad-richard simmons, 2NE1 became a litte girly, Seo In-young has finally gone mature, Tablo is once again on the pop scene. How we identify with K-pop groups will ultimately change as those groups’ images change–if a group fronts with a poor or boring concept, they may lose support or interest from general music fans. Likewise, a stellar image promotion will most likely produce a stellar response and interest levels.

Lets take for example SNSD and their infectious single “Gee.” ”Gee” was catchy, it was cute, and the concept for the video was crafty while still representing the girl’s group image well. It just made sense for a group like SNSD. Thus, most of us ended up loving the song even if we hated it at first.

Now look at 2PM.

When 2PM debuted, they were acrobats and bad boys. Over time, however, their image has altered into something I can’t really explain–just some weird shuffle stepping and too much guyliner for me to comfortable with. In short, when 2PM came back with songs like “Heartbeat” and “Without U,” it was hard to flesh out any of that original ‘bad boy’ 2PM. Now their acrobatics are a thing of yesterday.

And that’s why I suddenly appreciate “By My Baby.’ For all the smack I could say about how I had expected so much more, I can still see an original Wonder Girls image in the song and even the rest of the album. Too few groups these days promote a consistent images like these girls do, and that’s something worth throwing a nod to.

The Wonder Girls are not doing something completely different, not trying to be something that is farthest thing from what we know the Wonder Girls to be, but not promoting something entirely the same either. While word is that “Me, In” will be their second promotional song from their album, and it will probably the more enthralling of the two promotions, I think JYP and the Wonder Girls played their cards right by promoting “Be My Baby” first and foremost. It has effectively brought them under the spotlight, good and bad criticism aside, and more than that, has served as a good reminder as to who these girls are in the K-pop industry: the same old Wonder Girls. The girls we’ve always known and loved in the end.

credits to seoulbeats

2am showing their support to wondergirls

2AM, 원더걸스 응원 인증샷 '3대 3 미팅 분위기'

201111181530770981_1.jpg

[OSEN=황미현 기자]그룹 2AM 창민이 원더걸스와 함께 찍은 사진을 공개했다.

창민은 18일 오후 자신의 트위터에 "원더걸스 응원왔다 가요. 위 아 백"이라는 글과 사진을 게재했다.

사진 속에는 창민, 슬옹, 진운이 예은, 유빈, 혜림 뒤에 각각 서서 발랄한 포즈를 취하고 있다. 3대 3으로 구성된 이들의 모습이 마치 미팅을 연상케 한다.

사진을 접한 네티즌은 "마음에 드는 사람 뒤에 가서 선 것 같다", "서로 응원도 하고 보기 좋다" 등의 반응을 보였다.

한편 원더걸스는 곡 '비 마이 베이비'로 활발한 활동 중이다.

goodhmh@osen.co.kr

sohee at one of the radio shows

23313.jpg

Guest big_face

Billboard: Wonder Girls & One Direction Arrive on Social 50 Chart

1165149-wondergirls-portrait-617-409.jpg

K-Pop group Wonder Girls arrives onto Billboard's Social 50 chart, jumping into the tally at No. 33 -- this week's highest debut. The release of the video for their latest single "Be My Baby" on Nov. 5 prompted a burst of 8 million YouTube views, boasting their profile views by 164,000 last week.

Two days after the premiere, the South Korean act released their latest album "Wonder World." In tandem, they're hosting a contest for the video where fans are invited to submit recordings of their own "Baby" inspired dances.

These events helped grow the group's audience, increasing their Facebook fans (up by 6,600) and YouTube channel subscribers (a gain of 6,900).

Billboard's Social 50 chart ranks the most active artists on the world's leading social networking sites -- YouTube, Vevo, Facebook, Twitter, MySpace and iLike -- using a formula blending weekly additions of friends/fans/followers along with weekly artist page views and weekly song plays.

http://www.billboard.com/charts/k-pop-hot-100#/news/wonder-girls-one-direction-arrive-on-social-1005542762.story

Only WONDER GIRLS is K-pop star in Social 50 w00t.gifw00t.gifw00t.gif

Shared yet? The Korean media has also wrote about this.

WG appearing on KBS COOL FM's Jeon Hyun Moo's Popular Songs show during lunchtime 3 hours ago.

EDIT: Mingsun89 said they were just recording, & not live on air. Same goes for MBC FM4U's Kan Miyeon's Close Friends radio show today.

6Kt2N.jpg

잠시후 원더걸스와 함께합니다^^* 89.1MHz 전현무의 가요광장ㅎ http://yfrog.com/ny1dpygj

Source: http://twitter.com/#!/larryjunlive

TV Report article: http://www.tvreport....view&idx=172430

- - - - - - - -

~LOL~ Yoobin's platform in the Singles photo spread. How long are those heels? 12 inches?

Archived