Jyp's Wonder Girls (원더걸스) Official Thread 2

Guest `starry.night

Guest i.said.goodbye

yea the wonder girls beauty is so underrated! They have really glamorous bodies especially yeeun, sohee and yoobin. Sunye, who has a very beautiful face doesn't really get enough attention for her beauty in comparison to girls in other groups... & for Lim, I think it's just that they haven't promoted in Korea enough since she's been in the group for people to recognise just how pretty she is (she has really gorgeous eyes... they are so BIG!) I don't know if it's because they've been out of Korea for so long but seriously the girls are more beautiful now then they were when they first debut. Not only are they gorgeous on the outside but they are just as beautiful on the inside!!!

the new teasers will be out soon!! I can't wait guys... I'm so excited... Do you guys think the new teasers will be similar or different to the teasers already released?

• Replies 39.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like Sunye's hair for the new concept. Sure, it resembles a bunch of grapes... but I love grapes!

IMO, it's best to essentuate the positive, rather than harp on the negative. I would rather the world see Wonderfuls & Fantastics in unison for the comeback, rather than be divided over something so petty as a hairstyle. Even if the comeback turned out to be a big failure....(yeah....RIGHT!) I'd still be a Wonderful, and will STILL be bumping it in my Nissan speeding up Interstate 95.

Because I am a Wonderful... a LOYAL Wonderful... and will never be a 철새팬들 (flying-bird fan).

NileWGcopy-1.jpg

IMAG0130.jpg

To the (SONEs?) out there stirring up WG-SNSD beef, this concept looks NOTHING like Hoot... it, in fact: looks better (IMO)!

Hoot = Austin Powers... R U READY = Noir/Mafioso. While they're making all this noise, consider this:

A nobody has something to prove, and a somebody has nothing to prove.

And to those who get butt-hurt from what they read on GOSSIP sites about WG: that's what you get for digging in the trash... Go to sites like jype.com and wondergirlsworld.com for WG news instead :P

Guest hrmmmhum

I think YeEun just tweeted a hint!!!

She said, "별거 아니었는데.... ㅋㅋㅋ ㅅㄱㅇ ㅍㅇ ㄴㅎㄹ"

I think that translates to, "I didn't do nothing .... k k k s g p h p n h l"

I might not be right with the syllables, though... n might be c and h might d.

Edit: loll, she's so eager to give us hints!!! Maybe it stands for something...like how abbreviations in Korean are made by adding up the first syllables of words. Maybe it's a song title? Tracklist??? I don't know!

**Edit again: So she's going to play piano (check the next comment) -- I wonder if this is in the title track or a song on the album? If Smile is on the album, she'll have another song (since she said new song) where she plays piano? Did she compose it? I wonder if it's the title track; since they dance in the MV, it should be more upbeat, though. I'd love to see her play piano on stage in music shows!

But I can only wonder (the pun was not intended lolll)

The coolsmurf (wondergirls.wordpress.com) article mentioned earlier:

Wonder Girls styled by Kate Perry’s stylist, Johnny Wujek for comeback

October 30, 2011 by coolsmurf

20111030_wondergirls_1.jpg?w=500&h=500

After hearing that the Wonder Girls’ had enlisted Beyonce’s “Single Ladies” cheoreographer, Jonte Moaning for their comeback, JYP Entertainment has revealed another world-famous support cast to drum up more anticipation.

Following the release of their individual solo photos last Friday which saw the girls ditch their retro look, many were curious about who had done their new transformation for their impending comeback.

According to JYPE representatives, American singer Kate Perry’s stylist, Johnny Wujek is the one behind the styling and he had styled the outfits according the each Wonder Girl’s unique individual characteristics.

20111030_kateperry_wujek.jpg?w=500&h=375

And as the world knows it, Perry is known for her unconventional style of dress, which is often humorous, bright in color, and reminiscent of different decades, and frequently uses fruit-shaped accessories as part of her outfits.

Meanwhile, we are just one day away from the unveiling of the 2nd batch of teaser photos for their comeback, so do check back for it!

And I was mentioning earlier that people called SunYe the Korean Katy Perry on the 2DT MV on Youtube : P

I wonder if WG's performance at the MTV World Stage in Malaysia & the Singapore Singfest alongside Katy Perry in 2010 had anything to do with this :)

Look at WG, getting people's attention! JYP wasn't kidding when he said there's a lot of renown involved. It's unfolding one by one

I also kind of see the influence. The "bright in color" might explain the poofs?

I'm even more excited to see what WG will release tomorrow!!! x)

And Wes Aderhold from the movie cast tweeted this; #FF means "Follow Friday" on Twitter -- I googled it :]

@WesAderhold

#FF @tiaalesewong @WG_Lim @WGyubin @WGyenny @WGsun @WGsohee @WonderGirls @LaurenChavezSG @NatalieAgueroSG @WesAderhold

28 Oct

Guest jcsmark

^

I think K-Wonderfuls got the hint!

Queen Yeeun is trying to give the fans a spoiler for the new song (any song in d album)

Yen tweet : ㅅㄱㅇㅍㅇㄴㅎㄹ which is a hint that must be solved by kwfs, some predict that it means

"신곡은 피아노 할래" (Trans : I will play piano in the new song) and so so so many more predictions.... be alert WFs, as the queen said yesterday in her last tweet, she will practise to give us spoiler (s) ^^

Credit Wonderfuls Cafè

Guest big_face

Wonder Girls’ comeback is styled by Katy Perry’s designer, Johnny Wujek

20111030_wondergirls.jpg

The Wonder Girls have enlisted the help of some big figures for their comeback. In addition to having Beyonce‘s “Freakum Dress” choreographer, Jonte on their team, the girls also have designer Johnny Wujek, the fashion stylist for Katy Perry, backing them as well!

One official confirmed, “For the Wonder Girls’ latest comeback, we have been working with Katy Perry’s outfit stylist, Johnny Wujek.”

Katy Perry’s known for both her sexy and cute charms, as well as her quirky, but fun style. We’ve seen black and white cuts of their teaser concept so far, which raised the bar of anticipation for many.

The Wonder Girls will be making their return on November 7th for about a month of promotions before they head back to the States.

Source + Photos: OSEN via Nate

Guest tnamphel

Wow...it looks like this album is made by international artist from producer to stylist...choreographer to the artist (WG)...can't wait for it..its going to be debak!

only few more hours till the next picture teaser to comeout!!!

Guest hrmmmhum

Oops, this article has already been posted ^^

Check two posts up for this allkpop article =]

Edit:

tserwg.jpg

Cr: Mewkiiz @ Twitter

Wonder Girls ranked number one at almost all of the Korean portal sites after the first teaser release:

Ac-D_01CEAMt4EI.jpg

Cr: mingsun @ Twitter

Just a thought - since WG are using the first teaser pictures as their Twitter backgrounds, I think these are the only individual picture sets for now and tomorrow will be a group pic.

SunYe tweeted, "Time to reset everything again," after the last teaser picture release and I think it was because she set her background to her individual pic.

It's just what I'm speculating, though.

Guest loveeeWG

^ Thanks Qoxie for the trans! I hate how gossip sites are attracting viewers with the 'eye catching' title.

When WG came out with 2DT, everyone was like "OMG retro again?! The concept sucks.. blah blah" When SNSD HOOT concept photos came out everyone was like "OMG SNSD the trend setter! So cool with the concepts!" erm.. excuse me?! Nowadays, newer Kpop fans rarely acknowledge What WG did for the KPOP industry, which imho is SAD. Sites should stop comparing WG and SNSD.. It only becomes a platform for more fanwars to start. *sad*

(with that i become a silent reader till tomorrow)

Guest iheartu

I am getting more excited! In less than 24 hours, the second heat of teasers will be released!

All these news regarding the people working for WG is really overwhelming. To think that renowned producers, choreographers, and stylists got WG's back is too good to be true. I don't want to be all "holy shiz this is going to be bombastic!" but one can't really help when those kinds of names appear in Korean entertainment, especially with Wonder Girls. JYP invested a lot of for Wonder Girls and I can only expect it to be far greater than anything else in kpop. I love that he's going beyond the kpop horizons and seeking help from these people to give us (Wonderfuls) the kind of comeback we want and to give Wonder Girls the kind of name that they should have. This is going to be amazing. I'm going to cry when everything unfolds. JYP is not kidding with this comeback. He's serious as hell.

Guest hrmmmhum

I have a question about voting for the Golden Disk Awards:

In the last step, where you click the button on the WG website section, that's joining the fanclub, right?

Is that how we vote? By joining each day, or is there somewhere else where we vote?

REMEMBER, TODAY IS THE LAST DAY TO VOTE FOR THE GOLDEN DISK AWARDS

GO TO PAGE 1777 FOR THE TUTORIAL ON HOW TO VOTE

Guest big_face

LET'S VOTE, WONDERFULS !! GO BACK PAGE 1777, NOW !!!

BTW, can you please provide the direct link page of vote?? what is WG's rank right now ?? :sweatingbullets:

WG standees for the Smart Choice Global K-Food campaign.

The guy is the VP of a mapping engineering company. Must have stumbled on the props.

Uploaded from Xi'an, Shaanxi Province (Jianxi Street in Beilin district) in China, according to the sender.

GxHUw.jpg

Cr: 长安旧梦 @ weibo

- - - - - - - - -

Not a bad start: On weibo, their search box is already maxing the 1000 results for #Wonder Girls is back#. I estimate the overall is about 1,100~1,200, looking at the timeline. There are already about 700 #D-10# tags for yesterday &, so far, about 300 #D-9# tags today (6 more hours to go).

On Twitter, I count about 50 #ReadyforWondergirls, 80 percent of which were sent in the last 12 hours. There are also about 40 #WonderGirlsIsBack & 5 "WondergirlsAreBack.

Note: Both DIY campaigns have different aims. Weibo's is to just help publicize at one's convenience, while twitter's is a prelude to a trending attempt.

Today is the last day to vote for GDA? I didn't know and I only found out about it yesterday. =/

Let's try out best anwyay. It's very easy to join and vote following the tutorial mingsun89 created for us. Please help. :) 

Vote for Wonder Girls!

Click here > http://kpopwave.joinsmsn.com/

And follow this tutorial > click here!

We're currently in 5th place. It's going to be difficult getting one of the top 3 places because their votes are already so high. We could try for #4. 639 more votes to go! 

I don't really understand how it all works. I only know how to register and vote, but next to the votes (figure in thousands) there's a fan page ranking and a theme vote ranking. We're currently #6 and #3 for that.

-edit-

woo~ i topped a page. Hopefully everyone will read this post and vote. :) 

tumblr_ltuvuqbV0w1qamheoo1_500.gif

credit: wondermiggy@tumblr

and not forgetting about our sunmi~ 

tumblr_ltutd0ieqK1qa43pao1_250.gif tumblr_ltutd0ieqK1qa43pao2_250.gif

tumblr_ltutd0ieqK1qa43pao3_250.gif tumblr_ltutd0ieqK1qa43pao4_250.gif

credit: taent@tumblr

For those who want to vote at the Golden Awards, the site address is http://kpopwave.joinsmsn.com/

--

All the official news are so good. The girls are using their international connections for this comeback. The inclusion of Johnny Wuyek and Jonté Moaning turns this comeback into a Hollywood production - truly apt for World Singers :wub:

--

I did some reasearch on the guns of the teaser images.

Sunye, Yeeun, and Sohee are holding flint-lock pistols, the prevalent kind of gun 400 to 200 years ago.

A comment on Allkpop talked about a "Pirate of the Caribbeans" look -- well, these antique guns were standard ordnance in the same period so this guess has some reason, but the dresses are definitely contemporary.

I think I'm the first noticing that Yubin is holding a different gun (may be I snapped out of her beautiful stare first :wub:) - look closely:

4eeac4a2b8198673afbb6c2e9efe8709_large.png

Binnie is holding a revolver gun, the first were produced by Colt circa 1850 and dominated the peak of the Wild West era -- the design is still used today. She shouldn't be touching the cylinder with her fingers, though :sweatingbullets:

So, the props are from different periods of history. They can be all classified as antique, but I guess they were chosen based on their aesthetic values.

--

Wonderfuls did an impressive feat at allkpop teaser images article, it is close to 100.000 page views and 10.000 comments. Practicing Allkpop domination for the comeback? :lol:

Friday

b1bdbca6505b1b0c1ccba4a4bcb8e4a2_large.png

Now

835158c785ffa80a4d9bdb4c7db7ceda_large.png

My chinese is not great. I'm still learning but I think I can translate most of this correctly. =/ 

706149begw1dmlz8v4rr1j.jpg

Credit: as tagged

Younha > Yeeun: Anticipate dugun dugun (heart thumping sound) 

Yeeun > Younha: I miss unnie T_T

GNA > Younha, Yeeun: Me too~~~^^ 

Younha > GNA, Yeeun: Together, fighting. Until we meet.

Yeeun > Younha, GNA: OK, ok!! kekeke lets meet at night?

Younha > Yeeun: Yeeun is coming out too? Assa (oh yeah) keke First lets eat out, eat good food. hehehe

Yeeun > Younha: kekeke eung (ok) I will be able to use unnie's video camera!!

Younha > Yeeun: Also your song!!! I want to listen to it. 

706149begw1dmm22rbe67j.jpg

MARKPD > Yeeun: Yeeun-ah~~~~~~~~

MARKPD > Yeeun: U nuss tiy ^____^ 

Yeeun > MARKPD: PD-nim~~~ keke

Yeeun > MARKPD: Me too T_T Let's meet up soon!!

706149begw1dmlzallhetj.jpg

It's nothing... Do not pay attention. 

ps: I'm only writing korean letters.  (i don't understand this bit. >.<)

ah ah... I should be sleeping now. (i don't understand this bit again.)

706149begw1dmm5ztxpenj.jpg

Ah this really is nothing... ^^ The meaning is extended thinking (thinking too much)

I spent 1 hour just to read all the pages I have missed .. this thread is moving so fast :wacko:

What?? +900 viewers?? WOOOOW :w00t:

So, told me WHO RUN THE KPOP WORLD NOW ???

Archived