Jyp's Wonder Girls (원더걸스) Official Thread 2

Guest `starry.night

Hey guys, I honestly don't think it's mature to degrade a WonderFuls' comment when they mention they like Sunye's hair or are siding with the minority that's okay with the hairstyle. To be honest, I think doing that scares WonderFuls' away. We should all respect everyone's opinion on viewing her hairstyle. I've grown to love it, and please please please keep an open mind. It's only one picture, and the music video, and the second teaser pictures are yet to come. Please, please, please, be a bit more positive and stop degrading comments that are positive/supportive.

Well, veteran posters should know it's not the first time Lights have been wet blankets in spoiling what should be a spazzing community here. Sorry to sound so harsh or to point fingers, but there it is.

With the past few WG releases, there would always be a quick number of negative posts complaining Sunye had bad hairstyles, didn't sing enough lines, was wearing long pants, etc., leaving the rest bewildered & irritated. I remember YeParkies finally losing patience & sniping back during the 2DT launch. Some Lights then apparently withdrew to the Sunye thread (they never returned here), which is a loss cuz I don't think Soompiers were united in celebrating the 'Maybe' release like it could've been.

The knee-jerk reactions have become deja vu for me. Still, I'll rather have posts voted down than see petty quarrels here.

• Replies 39.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lol, I'm sorry for not making my post clear, but I was actually trying to encourage people to not degrade opinions overall.

Well, veteran posters should know it's not the first time Lights have been wet blankets in spoiling what should be a spazzing community here. Sorry to sound so harsh or to point fingers, but there it is.

The knee-jerk reactions have become deja vu for me. Still, I'll rather have posts voted down than see petty quarrels here.

Yeah, that wasn't a nice memory lol. I was just hoping for others to be more positive towards the situation. My apologies, and I do agree with you, posts voted down > petty quarrels. I'm glad we're mature enough to be able to state our own opinions though, lol, I've seen other artists threads with constant arguments, fights, and all, I'm glad we're not one of those.

Guest my2wonder

OMG an arab sone came to my blog and she put a comment saying that Sunye made her hair as soehyon (the maknea in snsd) hair in "the boys" pictures  :blink: 

she really made me angry ! sunye's hair not even look-like soehyon's hair or whatever

first of all ! it's "only JYP nation" not ! "only SNSD nation" !!! tongue2.gif

and all of us are wonderfuls !

there is no sone in our blog ! if she has a little bit of manners she will say that on their blog excl.gif

oh ok ~ I feel better now !

I loved Sunye's hair style ! and they all were perfect !  and that's my opinion ..

WG WILL ROCK THE WORLD !!

NOT ONLY KOREAN MEDIA !!!

^

If i'm not wrong Jea (BEG) had the same hairstyles like them for BEG teaser image and album cover so it's not like Seohyun is the first one to wear that kind of hairstyles..

Just ignore them.. It's not like the hairstyle is belong to one person..

By the way i can't wait till Monday. I wanna see their second teaser image.. I wonder what kind of image that we're going to see..

The worst thing you can do is to put everybody in the same basket. From what I`ve seen the reaction comes from a variety of fans, both Sunye biased and non biased. You can`t just point to a whole group and bring up OLD stuff. That doesn`t solve anything, only brings bad blood and uneeded division. Don`t try to make it bigger than it really is and bring up the past. #shrug.

That being said, everybody needs to get over the hairstyle (whether you are for or against it) and anticipate the song. This is trivial at this point. Don`t lose focus people.

KPOP GET READY TO GET PAWNED!

pp08072600049.jpg

My reaction to the teasers: NOSEBLEED!!!!!!!!!!!!! Got to say my favorite is LIM`s. Just flawless!

D-2 (to first video teaser!!)

tumblr_lpc8d2eILY1qmqf0fo1_250.gif

i`m so essited

Guest glamorousCHIC

I actually agree with the sensible comments above.

it doesn't mean that if one wonderful thinks sunye's hair looks ..ugly, then we should thumb her down.

TBH, i was also ranting and being upset with sunye's hair, but then I got tired lol xD.

and instead of looking at the negative side, i tried my best looking at the pros of the style, like it was emphasizing her jawline....:mellow:

though i still don't like it, i don't hate it that much now, xD...

Jinhee (mynameis-rain) was just stating her opinion about she doesn't like that style since she believes it's ugly, i think we are all at liberty to speak our sentiments, and fyi, Jinhee is a wonderful, not just a sunlight.

she's really a good dongseng (to me^^), and i hope she doesn't see those negative thumbs down TT__TT

she's still young :P, she's got a lot to learn but i'm sure she'll cope up because she's a smart girl. ^^

i really didn't know that her honesty would render her post being thumbed down :/ .. I mean, a couple of WFs also stated their opinions regarding that matter right??? why her post only?,

Anyway, let's just..leave this matter to rest.

Coz whether we like it or not, nothing's gonna change.

AND I'VE MADE UP MY MIND TO FOCUS MY EFFORTS ON SUPPORTING THE GIRLS RATHER THAN JUDGING WHAT THEY HAVE PRESENTED AT THE MOMENT :P

Guest mbleast30

GUYS! I just recently found out that the girls are on GDA list for something. They're currently 5th.

Link --> http://kpopwave.joinsmsn.com/

Here's a tutorial on how to vote!

VOOOOOTE.

I have no idea if this has been shared before  :blink:

I dont know what award that is for either >_>

CAN WE PLEASE GET EVERYONE TO VOTE FOR WG !! <3

It really doesn't take that long to register.

PLEASE!! <3

I found out about the GDA voting thing earlier today too. I'm wasn't too sure how to vote etc. so I asked for help from mingsun89 @ twitter. She has created the following tutorial. All credits to mingsun89 @ twitter.

I'm in a rush atm so I can't re-upload the pictures. I'll do it when I'm back in 2 hours. For now, you can use the print screens via the image urls mingsun89 sent me. 

http://pds23.egloos.com/pds/201110/29/25/d0115225_4eac09f163750.jpg

http://pds24.egloos.com/pds/201110/29/25/d0115225_4eac09f1ed549.jpg

http://pds24.egloos.com/pds/201110/29/25/d0115225_4eac09f25ceca.jpg

http://twitter.com/#!/mingsun89/status/130288932024877056/photo/1/large

http://pds22.egloos.com/pds/201110/29/25/d0115225_4eac0edaefacd.jpg

http://pds23.egloos.com/pds/201110/29/25/d0115225_4eac0f128e6b1.jpg

http://pds24.egloos.com/pds/201110/29/25/d0115225_4eac0f133e0d2.jpg

http://pds18.egloos.com/pds/201110/29/25/d0115225_4eac0f1092baa.jpg

Guest BossCharisma

i actually think my post was way harsher than mynameis-rain's, why was her post thumbed down that much?

was it because she was saying it straight to the point? 

X_X

With the past few WG releases, there would always be a quick number of negative posts complaining Sunye had bad hairstyles, didn't sing enough lines, was wearing long pants, etc., leaving the rest bewildered & irritated. I remember YeParkies finally losing patience & sniping back during the 2DT launch. Some Lights then apparently withdrew to the Sunye thread (they never returned here), which is a loss cuz I don't think Soompiers were united in celebrating the 'Maybe' release like it could've been.

hmm..not all Lights are like that or much more appropriately said, like me. 

ME? i don't like Sunye's hair and I posted my own opinion here, but that doesn't mean that the whole SUNlights community share the same view as mines.

you make it seem like it's so bad being vocal about our opinions, at least we're being honest.

and plus, those former 'complainants' are not the same as the ones who posted their opinions here...so i think u can't associate them with the previous ones...

maybe the reason why Lights withdrew to the other thread is because they don't want to 'spoil' the spazz here since our opinions are seen wrongly. I think, it was also a wise decision in their our part to just post there to avoid being thumbed down, being lashed on, or having petty quarrels......

well anyway, at least I could see some clarifications now, and  i know what and where to post my sentiments. somewhere where no one would get offended or upset.

@YOYO: you're doing it right girl...i love your posts and your goal to unite Wonderfuls and invite more posters :D

edit: I also think that my previous post was harsher than hers...why did she get thumbed down blink.gif?

I wish all of us just UNITE and support our girls.. Please WF :)) its all we could give WG.. us UNITING and together support them as one... Lets face what's ahead of us and love all the girls. Enough of the hairstyle issue, it just one teaser pic, lets wait for everything..(ayt?) and let us not keep blaming others, LETS JUST SPAZZ AND BE SUPPORTIVE OF THE GIRLS... We have been waiting for their comeback for so long, let us not argue about hairstyle or anything and let us not spoil the mood, we dont have time for that.. LETS JUST BE HAPPY OK :))) Cant wait for Monday for the next teaser pic :D

Guest Mia_Mia

The worst thing you can do is to put everybody in the same basket. From what I`ve seen the reaction comes from a variety of fans, both Sunye biased and non biased. You can`t just point to a whole group and bring up OLD stuff. That doesn`t solve anything, only brings bad blood and uneeded division. Don`t try to make it bigger than it really is and bring up the past. #shrug.

That being said, everybody needs to get over the hairstyle (whether you are for or against it) and anticipate the song. This is trivial at this point. Don`t lose focus people.

KPOP GET READY TO GET PAWNED!

nobodehsponge.gif

loved your post.

@my2wonder

ignore the trouble-makers, some of them will always be around. I for one am waiting to see Sunye interactions with Jessica, Yoona, Sooyoung, Tiffany and Yubin with Taeyeon during these promotions. :wub:

Guest i.said.goodbye

^

Me too!

Don't forget Yubin with Jessica and Tiffany as well! She's good friends with both of them but she's not as close to them as she is to Taeyeon :)

I hope we can all stay excited for the WG's comeback!!! :)

Guest Shjsgnd

You were not harsh, you were just blunt and making things worse.

I think everyone can have an opinion about our girls right? Like we will not say our girls English are perfect, we will give constructive criticism, but still support them. Does not mean Wonderfuls are wet blanket?

Please do not bring up old thing because that is the past, you bring back to do what? Is that to make everyone remember some bad thing and everyone is unhappy? I do not like when people start call "LIGHTS" or "YEPARKIES" or "MANDUFULS" or "YUBINIANS". If you are here you are a Wonderful.

Why you bother what others do? If they want to go to their thread, let them go. Please just respect other people's opinion, some maybe more vocal about things, some maybe not. When people rank my Sohee as the worst vocal, I see many people reacting too, and I think it is good because we know our stand.

Sometimes I want to point out something but so afraid because always will someone come in and react about my comment so I keep quiet. :tears:

OMG an arab sone came to my blog and she put a comment saying that Sunye made her hair as soehyon (the maknea in snsd) hair in "the boys" pictures  :blink: 

she really made me angry ! sunye's hair not even look-like soehyon's hair or whatever

first of all ! it's "only JYP nation" not ! "only SNSD nation" !!! tongue2.gif

and all of us are wonderfuls !

there is no sone in our blog ! if she has a little bit of manners she will say that on their blog excl.gif

oh ok ~ I feel better now !

I loved Sunye's hair style ! and they all were perfect !  and that's my opinion ..

WG WILL ROCK THE WORLD !!

NOT ONLY KOREAN MEDIA !!!

That person probably isn't even a Sone, just a troll trying to spark more fanwars... I hope u won't be too bothered~ it seems they don't know that other girlgroup member also have that hairstyle a lot lately, like Jea of BEG for Sixth Sense as someone already said and T-ara Jiyeon had it in Roly Poly

In other news, Wonder Girls' C log open!!  http://www.cyworld.com/wondergirls

It seems JYPE is making more of an effort for the girls to reconnect with their Korean fans.. very good biggrin.gif

VVV lol... WG is not even using James Bond concept, did JYPE ever say that? From what I heard it's just the press assuming things based on the antique guns... just trying to drum up some more rivalry...

Guest Scarletsecrets

More news, this time from an Indonesian website.

\(^o^)/

Wonder Girls Rilis Teaser Imej Untuk Album Baru

Setelah lama dinanti, JYP Entertainment akhirnya merilis teaser imej Wonder Girls untuk album baru mereka, Kamis, 27 Oktober, di situs resmi grup (wondergirls.jype.com). Kelima personil tampil lebih dewasa dan karismatik dengan balutan kostum seksi serba hitam serta make up berat. Konsep yang mereka usung kali ini rupanya tidak jauh dari tren sekarang, girl power.

Di teaser imej itu, para personil tampak memegang pistol, kecuali Hye Lim. Konsep "gadis James Bond" tersebut pernah dipakai Girls' Generation di mini album ketiga "Hoot" (2010).

"Album ini akan membuat banyak orang terkejut karena penampilan baru Wonder Girls yang penuh karisma," tulis JYP. "Mohon terus dukung kami."

Teaser video musik terbaru Wonder Girls akan dirilis tanggal 1 dan 3 November depan. Sedangkan album baru yang masih dirahasiakan judulnya itu dijadwalkan rilis 7 November.

Translation:

The Wonder Girls Release Image Teasers for Their New Album

After much anticipation, JYP Entertainment has finally released teaser images of the Wonder Girls for their new album on Thursday, 27 October, on the group's official site(wondergirls.jype.com). The appearance of the girls was very mature and charismatic, due to the sheer, sexy costume which showed off their curves, as well as their heavy makeup. The concept that they are going for seems to be on trend, since it resembles the concept of 'girl power'.

In the teaser image, the girls were all seen with guns, with the exception of Hye Lim. The 'James Bond Girl' concept has already been used by Girl's Generation in their third mini-album, "Hoot" (2010).

The Wonder Girls' music video teasers will be released on the 1st and 3rd of November, while their new album which still has the title under wraps is scheduled to be released on the 7th of November.

Credit:www.wowkeren.com

Indonesian-English translator: scarletsecrets

\(^o^)/ 

Honestly, I don't know why so many people say that it resembles "Hoot". The only thing I see in common are the guns, which don't even look the same. The ones WG are holding look like they came from the early twentieth century, circa the 1920s. The ones that SNSD used look like modern bubble guns and the most they might date back to would be the 1970s.  Furthermore, I don't see why WG is getting flack, while T-ara who also used guns for their new MV doesn't. dry.gifGranted, WG are bigger than they are, but if we're going to accuse people of being copycats, WF can very well accuse other girl groups of jumping onto WG's retro bandwagon or something to that effect.

By the way, what's going on with the small rift in the WF family? Is there a feud going on about Sunye's hair? :huh: I don't see what's wrong with having an opinion. After all, how can there be growth without constructive criticism? Sunye's hair might not be the best, but I don't think it's the worst in the history of the Earth. I mean, I don't like it, but I'd rather have her comeback with a curly mohawk than have her not return at all. In fact, WG are perfect even if they're bald. :D

I'm not a veteran poster, so I don't know about any fights that have gone on before in this forum. Be that as it may, in my humble opinion, rather than pointing fingers, shouldn't we just enjoy the comeback? WG haven't been back in Korea for more than a year. They need all the support they can get from us WF, and that's not going to happen if we're divided over Sunye's hair. And it's just one of the member's HAIR, mind you. I would hate to see what happens if something bigger occurs. :sweatingbullets:

Edit: I'm curious. Did I do something wrong? If I did, can someone please tell me what it is? I don't want to break any rules or anything.

Guest gossipLight911

wow, I've just been a way for  a day or two and then there's so much hullabaloo going on already.

YES< i don't like Sunye's hair, got a problem with that???

But that doesn't mean  I won't support WG. I still would, duh. I am a Wonderful.

A Wonderful who has been waiting for this comeback for so long now. 

And Jinhee (mynameis-rain) : it's okay. I understand you. What I don't understand is, why you got those minuses. Must have been traumatic..lol xD jk. we got your back, dear..(see your unnies love u so much, update your Wg fanfics NOW :P )

At least you were brave enough to say what you want to say and did not cater to what the others want to hear you say. I hope it doesn't stop you from posting here though.

Just like dothat36," I also think that You can`t just point to a whole group and bring up OLD stuff. That doesn`t solve anything, only brings bad blood and uneeded division"

@BossCharisma: your courage never fail to amaze me.. hahaha..keep up your honesty xD..

we've been waiting for the album for so long, so all these honest opinions, whether they're negative or not, are just pretty normal. We all want the best for our Queens, so don't blame each other for complaining too much,...

I actually thought that we are all free to post our unadulterated opinions here since i thought other Wonderfuls would not take it in a wrong way, and all of us will understand each other. After all, we are all WONDERFULS , right?

Guest glamorousCHIC

You were not harsh, you were just blunt and making things worse.

I think everyone can have an opinion about our girls right? Like we will not say our girls English are perfect, we will give constructive criticism, but still support them. Does not mean Wonderfuls are wet blanket?

Please do not bring up old thing because that is the past, you bring back to do what? Is that to make everyone remember some bad thing and everyone is unhappy? I do not like when people start call "LIGHTS" or "YEPARKIES" or "MANDUFULS" or "YUBINIANS". If you are here you are a Wonderful.

Why you bother what others do? If they want to go to their thread, let them go. Please just respect other people's opinion, some maybe more vocal about things, some maybe not. When people rank my Sohee as the worst vocal, I see many people reacting too, and I think it is good because we know our stand.

Sometimes I want to point out something but so afraid because always will someone come in and react about my comment so I keep quiet. :tears:

i guess you're not the only one who experiences that.

some wonderfuls are afraid to comment fearing that somebody might attack them for being honest.

I truly like your post. I could see that you are a true wonderful ^_-

Archived