Jyp's Wonder Girls (원더걸스) Official Thread 2

Guest `starry.night

The picture stills look like a typical Kpop MV to me -- reminds a bit of missA's 'Good Bye Baby'. 

It's 100 percent Korean sensibility, like WG's CFs. 

Definitely not TeenNick or what I visualize 'WG At The Apollo' to be.

So I figure the new song is aimed more at the (domestic) genre, as opposed to (international) crossover appeal a la 'Nobody'.

I also think it's gonna be a JYP-produced song. 

It may or may not be the one from January which r1988 alluded to, but he'd definitely took along 4 tracks to LA for Manny Marroquin to mix in end-April.

As far as I know, only one ('Good Bye Baby') of these has been released so far. 

The others (for WG, 2PM & a secretive project) remain under wraps -- although I think there's a chance Marroquin got to remix 'Without U' again for the Japanese market. 

Thing is, JYP has regularly worked with a pair of foreign mixing engineers: Marroquin mixed '2DT', 'Good Bye Baby', 'Bad Girl Good Girl' & 'Without U' , while Brian Stanley did "Nobody', 'Tell Me', 'So Hot', 'Hands Up', 'Breathe', 'Again & Again' & JYP's 'Sad Freedom' EP, etc.

In other words, he's been comfortable partnering them for a few years now, & they worked almost exclusively on JYP-composed, dance-pop lead singles. The lesser album & bonus tracks were mixed by the likes of Moonworker in the USA & Shin Bongwon & other engineers in Korea.

BTW MVs also typically use several stage sets & costume changes, so let's wait before we pass judgment on hairstyles & such.

• Replies 39.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest aloversrendezvous

Ahh, spazzing! The comeback date is coming closer and closer. :D

BTW MVs also typically use several stage sets & costume changes, so let's wait before we pass judgment on hairstyles & such.

I totally agree. We should just wait and see more from the mv before we pass anymore judgment.  It's nice to see you back every now and then, qoxie. :)

I am a regular reader who's come to this thread in average almost every other day in the past year plus. So I can see the biggest difference happening now is I can go back and forth to choose and read different comments on different pages as I wish.  In another word,  I have luxury to choose to read cuz this thread is becoming fully alive and there are so many wonderfuls and fans keep coming here to post comment'S' about the queens.   Back in those slient days since the '2 different tears' period, I came and checked comments but not much to read or talk about.  I just came and went sliently.  Sometimes I even only saw my nickname alone under 'User(s) are reading this topic' . Of course occasionally I posted some comments.

What I like about all of your comments is that they all have various contents about wonderfuls themselves and the queens.  Some are silly but die-hard. Some are new and some are old since day one. Some have good info from reliable sources to share and some keep posting pics and clips for other to enjoy.  Some are just ranting like what I am doing now.  It doesn't matter what your comment is but it is how much you enjoy what the queens can bring us for joy and entertainment.  You don't have to be a perfect wonderful but just being a fine one is good enough.  After all no one is perfect.

End of rant for now.

Guest gossipLight911

How about we make a playlist of Wonder Girls' videos and let them play the whole day huh?

so it gets more views..xD

U can just turn the mute thing if you want to listen to another music..

xDD.

Guest valentino_rossi46

^

^

I heard that Youtube changed the way to count views but I dont really understand the differences. Can you explain? How to create playlist and make it play whole day?

On the other hand, i hope JYPE improve the way their marketing team. Among Big 3, JYPE is weakest in marketing. What Wonder Girls achieve was not really appreciate. JYPE work with many famous producer but not many ppl know it. PPl often know more about JYPE when any scandals happen. The ways JYPE solve scandals are weak too. While when other artist go oversea and do something is even cant compare to WGs, because of their company strong marketing, ppl appreciate them more than the girls. And with that kind of producer, who only can created 1 hit and use it for whole his life, already produced many songs for Korea market but none of them success, that company can marketing him like world-wide famous, top global producer, blah blah blah. Ye if he is that kind of famous, why he stay in Korea, trying to earn money and when he couldn't he threw that group away to licking richard simmons other company, lol. In contrast, JYPE really worked with top global producer, but sadly, not many people know it :(

Guest songbird86

^LOL

I don't know why but when they asked were we excited at the end of that tweet made me laugh. Of course we're excited for your comeback girls! With all the pictures from the set we've been seeing, it's pretty hard not to be excited. It's been a long time since we've seen them in action.

Guest gossipLight911

^

^

I heard that Youtube changed the way to count views but I dont really understand the differences. Can you explain? How to create playlist and make it play whole day?

mmm..Well my friend, who's an elf, made one playlist of one of suju's  music video, and she kept on playing it for the whole day, thus increasing the views of that particular video. Of course, she had watched it before, she can't possibly watch the video all over again & again, so she just let it play with the mute button turned on. 

I tried that with Wonder Girls' Nobody's perf at Mnet & I think it worked. 

i have a playlist for WG's tell me live perfs at the moment, and this is like the third round that I replayed it.

It's increasing the views :D..

so i gotta make more playlists for Wg hahaha xD

Guys, I just made a playlist with random perfs of WG =)

Some videos already have many views (but they can have more) and some others have no views!

The playlist is 1hour long, so you can watch it once, twice, and watch it again tomorrow etc.

While you're at it, you can take time to "like" all the videos =D

If you want more playlist, I did a channel especially for this...

I'll add more playlists on this channel soon ^^"

Guest jcsmark

Some unseen converse sponser pics.

Sohee - K Food photoshoot (September 6th)

b7003af33a87e950c292a12.jpg

Yubin - JYP Nation concert in Japan (August 18th)

d009b3de9c82d1588d740bf.jpg

Credit lovebubum@WGBaiduBar

---

Yeeun tweeted this earlier today

20111020141913.jpg

Credit WGyenny@twitter

Guest `starry.night

So I finally got the time to change the first page so go check it out everybody (there's still some things missing but...:D). I also put how to order their album in the front page so we don't have to keep going back.

I'm so excited for the girls comeback. Been a fan since they first came out and still going.

But I'm not here to share that only, lol. I was watching through some of their old videos and I came across this video.

Lim was at Yubin's birthday in 2008. There was a moment when the camera only capture SunYe, YeEun, SoHee, YuBin, and Lim. I thought it was kind of amazing because currently that's the current group now. So weird.

wgyubd.png

here's the video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yY-70OdeXKc (you can see at 1:39)

I can't wait till the girls come back!

Guest chanounette

mmm..Well my friend, who's an elf, made one playlist of one of suju's  music video, and she kept on playing it for the whole day, thus increasing the views of that particular video. Of course, she had watched it before, she can't possibly watch the video all over again & again, so she just let it play with the mute button turned on. 

I tried that with Wonder Girls' Nobody's perf at Mnet & I think it worked. 

i have a playlist for WG's tell me live perfs at the moment, and this is like the third round that I replayed it.

It's increasing the views :D..

so i gotta make more playlists for Wg hahaha xD

Hum are you sure that it can increase the views? I don't know how youtube works but since it's someone from the same computer - IP etc... Anyway , it'd great to reach 55M views before their comeback. Of course, number is just a number but I have to say that I was happy when Nobody was the most viewed k-pop mv because it was like the only think people acknowledged about their great achievements :-/ . Even if nobody is not the most viewed right now, reaching 55M is quite symbolic.

Guest aloversrendezvous

So I finally got the time to change the first page so go check it out everybody (there's still some things missing but...:D). I also put how to order their album in the front page so we don't have to keep going back.

I'm so excited for the girls comeback. Been a fan since they first came out and still going.

But I'm not here to share that only, lol. I was watching through some of their old videos and I came across this video.

Lim was at Yubin's birthday in 2008. There was a moment when the camera only capture SunYe, YeEun, SoHee, YuBin, and Lim. I thought it was kind of amazing because currently that's the current group now. So weird.

*quoted image*

here's the video: http://www.youtube.c...h?v=yY-70OdeXKc (you can see at 1:39)

I can't wait till the girls come back!

Ahh, thank you so much for updating the front page! It is super cute. :D

I was wondering isn't this thread still the 2nd thread, not 3rd? I'm just wondering if new soompers come here, they might get confused since the subtitle said official thread 2 and the image says 3.

Guest wendysmark

True!

JYPE answered to K-WFs that Sun Ye/others chose their own style, they love their hairstyle/ outfit blah blah. Ye even if Sun Ye like it, but it's quite horrible, it make her less gorgeous. Why their stylists didnt give her recommendation. Even if she like it, but because it was kinda ugly, well 9/10 people must admit that, why they didnt recommend her another and upgrade her image. If they always said because the girls love it, they chose it, stylist cant do anything blah blah, so why they even need stylist ??? Stylist should recommend them what is nice and suitable to their image, rather than "too much respect their opinion" ><

I did not like any hairstyle of Sun Ye from 2DT promotion. Well I ><

I do believe stylists are there for a reason. Our girls are so humble and easy-going I don't think they will disagree that much with what the stylist suggested. I thought the stylist have learnt their lessons from 2DT time, but JYPE did say it is hard to scoff at the stylists suggestions because they are the professionals and they have their pride too.

I just hope new fans don't get turn away because of their imaging. Wonderfuls will still support them no matter what kind of ugly hairstyle or clothes the girls are given, but 2DT obviously did not manage to gain them much new fans.

Just my 2 cents worth! sweatingbullets.gif

Guest gossipLight911

Kay, guys, come on..

tbj9c2bfu_c2bdec2bec2be2.jpg

20080830_wondergirls5.jpg

tbj08fall_preview.jpg

wondergirls-0905-71.jpg?w=620&h=414

I'm sort of hoping that their  comeback's concept would be like this, lol xD..a revamped one though..

BUT WE NEED something new, so yeah, I'm giving all my trust to the girls.

Guest yubin4ever

^^Those Jean ads are my ALL TIME favorite Wonder Girls pictures and I was also looking at those pictures thinking I hope the comeback would be kind of like these pictures. Just effortlessly sexy. This can be a mature and sophisticated concept right? haha

hey guys. It's great to see this thread moving so quickly with the girls' comeback right around the corner.

I know everyone's excited because they've been gone for so long. To he honest I'm not too concerned about their concept but i really can't wait to see their stage performances again. If there's one thing that wg Excel at its capturing the audience Qiu their stage presence.

I love the tbj photoshoots. It would be nice to see them pull off that kind of concept again.

When i saw the mv set pictures, it reminded me of their now mv, with the silhouettes. Jype may not be good at promotions but they're defintely good at teasing. :)

--------edit-----------

I topped the page.

Sunye & sohee again came in first for the second round of miss seoulbeats and are currently in the lead for the third round which is based on marketablilty. Go vote for them! http://seoulbeats.com/2011/10/miss-seoulbeats-marketability/

Make way for the queens ;)

1212134462_image6.jpg?w=500&h=400indexlink_image.jpeg?w=510&h=3382difftears.jpg

Guest gossipLight911

^ YES. Wg can look so effortlessly sexy..So classy and sophisticated yet roguish.

Saucy, i think is the right term..

Those ad pictures are also my favorites out of all the ad photos they had.

They just look absolutely gorgeous.

I hope JYPe realizes that Wodner Girls' comeback is, if not the most, one of the most anticipated comeback of the year, so ALL girls must look exceptionally gorgeous.

And about the girls liking and choosing their hair style, i feel kinda iffy abt it. >.>

the idols must have realize that it doesn't look good on them, even the fans say so, so i doubt that they would want to prod on with whtever style that is.-.-

Yeah, and 2DT gained lesser fans than in their So Hot days, because they absolutely looked gorgeous there, plus the banging leopard outfits-- that time when, Wonder Girls had the world at the tip of their fingers. (i sound so weird, xD)

Anyway, I'll still support them, but i admit, I got less excited.

but still EXCITED.. x.x

Archived