Jyp's Wonder Girls (원더걸스) Official Thread 2

Guest `starry.night

Guest liiindda

Finally!! JYP you made the cried my eyes out yesterday while defending our Wonder Girls against the stupid haters, and got hate on for defended my queens. Thank god you finally released this official announcement! I'm so happy that I'm running and jumping around my house screaming. I can finally see my girls back to the spot light!! They are going to take their ORIGINAL Throne back!!! 

• Replies 39.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest soheeWG

Jype better not be giving us false hope and then delaying the album release again. That would be too cruel

It's such great news! thank you JYPE!! Do you think they'll be able to participate in the end of year special performances and tv shows?

ahahah I'm so happy I can't wait to see their new concept and to hear their new songs!!!

Get ready our queens are coming back soon!! aha finally!!! let's celebrate wonderfuls :P

imagesCA254CGK.jpg

imagesCAJ1R5G3.jpg

wondergirls_mkmf_kjp3.jpg

wg.jpg

Guest bravo_my_life

My only disappointment is that the US album that was promised is just an OST/soundtrack to that teen nick movie. I was hoping for an actual debut album. I really consider this their debut album. I hope it will do well though. That and the movie. And I hear there is a november come back. Im more stoked about that. I hope its not just like 2dt where they only said for a lil while then left again. So many wonderfuls miss them. I hope for success.

Guest bravo_my_life

*woot* *woot* we did it~!!!!!!!!!!!! :'D

Cool you posted up my screen cap.

I'm pissed off honestly. I thought the girls were coming back THIS year defiantly. But I guess I was wrong AGAIN. What makes things worst is that it's freaking teenicks which by the way many people don't have, and last time I checked nick cannon was a C list star who only was only in he spotlight because of his wife. Waiting is getting tiring. Waiting for wonder girls is like waiting for rain in a hot desert. i thought jyp promised it would be out THIS year, i dont even know why I'm surprised  anymore, jyp always does this shizz. I honestly don't think is great publicity nick cannons movie productions don't tend to do very well and this own girlband was a total flop. The school gurlz or whatever are a major joke even to Tweens. Tweens were making fun of them on many sites. In fact I can't believe that I just realized this, music groups be it boys or girls are not even the "in" thing. It's all about solo artist. I mean even americas own boy/girl groups aren't successful. The only somewhat famous boy band is that nickelodeon group big time rush, and their not even THAT famous. I honestly think that jyp didn't think this whole thing out. I believe that he really did just plop he girls in the states before actually studying it. America isn't like Korea, where having catchy dance moves help. The audience the wonder girls are aimed towards is the Tweens not teens but the 13 - 11 year olds, and most kids won't care about the dance moves. Theist succuessful girl group in America was pcd and that wasn't even really a band, more like Nicole and the back up dancers.The only way I think wg will ever make it is if they do something like pcd, which I doubt will happen or if they are five really cute boys, which I again doubt will happen.

I've been pacient for January because I was told that they'd be back by then, when January came and no news about their album came i shrugged it off and contiuned waiting. Then i waited for march because apparently they would come back on march but apparently that wasnt true. So i  continued waiting. I waited for june  because their aLbum was suppose to be out in the summer but ole and behold summer is almost gone and still NO album. I don't even know why I should wait anymore. I know that I dont sound like a true fan or whatever but having my hopes up high excited to see the girls then having them crush pisses me off. At this point I've forgotten why I have stood by their sides. I absolutely HATE how jyp can never keep his promises or gets fans hopes up. I rather him say nothing about the girls coming back than promising empty promises that he can't keep. I'm going to find some other gg  to keep my interest while I effing wait AGAIN.

Im not even gonna lie. I felt just like you did for a very long time. Now that he has said this im trying to stay optomistic. I really feel the same way you do about nick cannon. He is a c list start but since were all wonderfuls maybe there is hope that our girls will do a great job. I have never seen any of them act besides Sohee. Let's just wish them all the best of luck. But trust me I understand how you feel especially since I already paid for what I thought was going to be a real album instead of a soundtrack. I learned something from that experience never prepay for something if its not on yesasia or dvdheaven.

Guest talksound

I wouldn't get my hopes up. Based on the trend as of late, this korean comeback might not even be set in stone, thus probably not going to happen. Either that, or the it'll be delayed AGAIN.

What's the news regarding Sunmi? What's going on with her? I've read about a comeback like weeks ago, does she have any role in the WG's future plans at all?

Wonderfuls...... our long years of waiting has finally come to an end! efrteyjujethsre I can't express how extremely excited I am for their comeback! It's finally here guys. We might not have it in Septemeber, but it'll be here in November. I'm so glad we've all been positive about that allkpop article. I'm kind of extremely annoyed at their lack of research. Wonder Girls are set to finish filming in October..... Not start. Thank god.

Honestly, what I hope of November is that the girls make a successful comeback (whichiknowtheywill) and that the fans who've doubted them for so long would finally be able to shut up and support our girls again.(orbecomeawonderful) I can't wait to be able to come back to this thread and be able to see a million pictures of them performing, a million fancams/performances and all those goodies we used to have in 2008 during Tell Me, So Hot and Nobody.

November may be kind of weird since most news have it for September, but I think JYP changed it to November so it's closer to the end of the year special festivals like MAMA, KBS, MBC, and SBS year end shows. (whichareallgoingtobesoincrediblyamazing)

I think I'm being a little too excited but.... Hey, I know it won't disappoint. I'm glad I was on more of a positive side of yesterdays false article. I'm so glad JYP came out with that official announcement today. Sigh, but on the downside if it isn't set in stone and he delays their comeback again.... Sigh, all we could do is wait and continue to be loyal fans.

Korean Wonderfuls are now about to create a new fan chant for our six girls. I'm so beyond happy for them, they've been waiting even longer then we have and it's worst for them because they have nothing and they have been constantly going to the JYPE building for Sunmi as well. <333333 I love them and their loyal hearts so much.

I really hope the Wonder Girls international forum would start to pick up from November as well.

Wonderfuls.................. We've made it. I'm just so happy to see many fans are still loyal to our girls and I hope we gain more WonderFuls throughout their comeback.

Guest soheeWG

I can understand why you guys are so negative right now, JYPE management didn't really give us any reason to trust them lately but really this time it's an official announcement. Something concrete. I want to believe that this is true.

it's going to be a real album, not a soundtrack.

"The movie’s soundtrack will be included in the Wonder Girls’ US debut album so please stay tuned for this as well."

It's not going to be the whole album just some songs maybe.... We'll know about sunmi's future plan and other issues concerning the WGs because JYPE will answer Kwdfs' questions on august 31st.

Guest Mexicooh

I think from this Korean album we will get a slight Americanized feel I think since it will probably be a collection of songs that JYP produced that didn't make it onto the final US album y'know since they did get songs from many high named profile producers. It'll be interesting to see whether they'll stick with retro or not. If they do, I can't imagine what it would be. Then again the concept may not be cos they might want to save it for the US Debut single. I hope the US Album Single will be entirely separate from the Korean one. I really hope at least one WG could do a WGM when they comeback!! That'd be my wish.

The main point is that now there are plans that were explained to us. Lacking some detail, but enough to understand what will be going on.

This a big change from knowing almost nothing about the future since June.

Today is what i call a news day -- a rough one in the beginning... :sweatingbullets:

So, December for the U.S. prompotions, hitting TV in early 2012, which could lead to other promotions... -- probably the U.S. activities could be spanning a long period. Not easy to be also in the year end shows but not impossible.

I hope that November will be well spent in Korea, as KWF's deserve the best treatment for having waited so long in 2011. I'd say they deserve more than one promotion in the next few months.

About the U.S. album(s), they way I understood it (which might be wrong) is that there will be only one Wonder Girls U.S. album including one or more of the tracks of the TV score. I suppose the other new English songs (Claude Kelly, Fredro, DarkChild's produces) should still be in. Just my speculations, anyway.

Guest adyaby

Cool you posted up my screen cap.

oh sorry but that was my own screen cap~ laugh.gif

anyway..... i'm super super excited~!! i'm going to be all positive about this~ 

we've been waiting for this for so long... let's just wait a little bit longer ^^ 

Guest VenusValentine

lol reading all the comment up till now ^^

i see lot of us getting furious about the article on an UNTRUSTWORTHY website :sweatingbullets:

See what did i tell you, another unreliable source from allkpop :ph34r:

now the next due day for us WFs is august 31st, should we all wait until that day for JYPE answer K-WFs question ? :rolleyes:

@devilsbabe: you have one radio request here on IL honey ^^ blush.gif

P/S: love you all WFs :wub:

Guest queen;ofhearts.

I'M SO EXCITE FOR THEIR KOREAN COMEBACK + US PROMOTIONS!

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

I think it's time for WGs to have their own subforum!

I PMed melkimx requesting a subforum for our girls. Here's my message:

Hello,

I would like to request and highly suggest a subforum for the Wonder Girls in the Korean Music section. Soompi chose to create subforums based on the number 'Soompi Fanclub' members; however, at the time that the fanclubs were made, Wonder Girls weren't active/promoting so the new soompiers that joined fanclubs were not as exposed to the Wonder Girls. They deserve their own subforum because they have plenty that can be up for discussion. 

Why Wonder Girls should have their own subforum:

- Each member official threads

The idividual threads for each WGs member are relatively active and some exceed the number of pages compared to that of current subforum group members. (Ex. Yoobin thread 1000+ pages, Sunye thread 800+ pages)

Not to mention WG's 2nd official thread is soon reaching 2K pages.

- KOREA vs. AMERICA vs. OVERSEAS PROMOTIONS

-Performances/promotions in KOREA, NORTH AMERICA, CHINA, SINGAPORE, THAILAND, MALAYSIA, ETC.

KOREA:

- Variety shows

- Concerts

- Events

- Photoshoots

- Interviews

- Perfomances  

AMERICA:

- Fashion Week

- Concerts

- Events

- Magazine

- Interviews 

- Billboards

- Youtube channel uploads (i.e. The Real Wonder Girls)

- Upcoming debut/album

TV SHOW(Wonder Girls at the Apollo)

- & Wonder Girls discussion in general

The Wonder Girls' official thread has ongoing posts with many active Wonderfuls even when they weren't promoting at the time. Wonder Girls' 'Soompi fanclub' did not do them justice since they have thousands upon thousands of world wide fans, which will only increase as they comeback and advance in the American market. 

I apologize for the long message but I sincerely hope you take my points into consideration. 

Thank You in advance! (:

Guest songbird86

^I agree

I'm surprised they didn't get their own sub-form yet. All I ever see on the first page is the WGs thread and individual members' threads too.

Glad this thread is active again. Eagerly awaiting wonderful things.

Guest yubin4ever

This past week has been a rollercoaster for me being a wonderful. First i was soooo happy about the new photoshoots that the girls took part in. They were so beautiful. But then extremely disappointed about hearing the US album will be released in 2012. Now Im happier than I have been since being a wonderful because we finally have OFFICIAL news about a new Korean and American album being released in the next 6 months. I know it is going to be perfect since the girls have been working on it so long

I honestly think the America promotions will get delayed again from December to maybe Jan or Feb and the girls will promote a little longer in Korea while the TV movie is being finished editing and whatnot. I CANT WAIT FOR THIS!!!!

Guest MuTHeN

ahhhhh i'm so excited with the latest news :D 

my friend went to Bahrain today and he told me that in one of Samsung store they were playing WONDER GIRLS NOBODY on their TVs as a demo :D 

now doesn't that mean they're popular :D 

they're truly a World singers :D 

@devilsbabe96 i'll request the songs a lot thanx for sharing ^^ 

queen;ofhearts. I also agree with you! I was quite disappointed when I came back to Soompi realizing that Wonder Girls doesn't have their own sub-forum for all of their achievements done. I tried to advertise and get fans to join the fanclub on fantastic when it first opened but it was eventually a fail because most of the fans (which is more then 10k) doesn't go on soompi or doesn't even know what soompi is. I really hope the mods would consider the girls achievements and consider giving them their own subforum. Thank you so much for sending that request btw!

For the U.S debut I also agree that us Wonderfuls are also responsible to help the girls get out there. I reside in Canada but I'll try my best to request for as many songs as possible for the girls. I'll also purchase their album <333333 I really hope they update the online site with the light stick, balloons and other official posters of the girls. Yesasia is sort of pricey which is why I'm really crossing my fingers their new album would be sold in bigger stores like HMV and etc.

Archived