Jyp's Wonder Girls (원더걸스) Official Thread 2

Guest `starry.night

Guest *bluebutterfly*

Thank you to heartmiso for the added trans. :)

I'm also not mad at/blaming Kwfs and if they think that then I really hope its made clear to them that we are not. I understand their demands and questions, because I agree with a lot of the questions they have asked. Kwfs have been so patient during their the girls' hiatus and I would applaud them for being so straight forward with asking these questions. I would also like to know the answers to these and will be looking forward to reading JYPE's answers.

I don't really mind about the girls' clothes and make up because its good to be different, but I do understand. There are those who become fans of someone because they think someone is pretty etc. So maybe WG could attract more attention with pretty concepts.

@Mana.Smile I have noticed that too. WG's YT videos have improved in quality recently. but in the past the quality have been bad. Their MVs are in bad quality, and even though I dont want to compare but other artists' MVs are in great quality. (720, 1080) I hope the new MV is in great quality. ^^

I kind of guessed it was him, when I read #7. WG know Wonderfuls were upset with 2PM, especially in 2009, because Yeeun mentioned it on a show once. However I think they have been better recently. I was glad to hear that Sohee was going to feature in their song and even though it turned out to be one line I was happy, because it was something, its better than nothing and it was good to hear them mention Sohee, and Yubin rang into Younha's Starry Starry Night when 2PM were guests, but when they went onto Strong Heart and said what they did, I was disappointed again.

• Replies 39.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^

^

^

thanks, I was clueless too.

---

@devilsbabe96 I don't think the K-Wonderfuls are trying to force the WG back in Korea. They're asking for more / better communication, and for some decent amount of activity in Korea. The overseas ambitions are not being judged, at least for the moment everyone (including international fans) is waiting for the new album.

---

Considering the poor exposure the KWF had since last Christmas, I wonder how they could resist so much and keep the questions so polite.

I second their stance, they are loyal fans posing legitimate questions and helping JYPE to come to its senses.

---

Just my own try at figuring out some reasons (let's be honest -- just my rant), I'll pick JYP return to Korea as a key factor of the current situation. The man has rearranged JYPE financially, entered the stock market, launched new groups, built JYP Nation, and hopped through the oceans to tour, finish recordings, meet peers, and give lectures. In 2009 he was always with the girls. Then the girls were left to the cares of Jane. It worked quite good (consider the US tour period till now how many different activities were dealt brilliantly with), but being distant from the company's brightest person is not unconsequential. If you're distant from the sun, expect less light on yourself.

I would say that this situation has no reasons to be permament, but it can be resolved quickly only if JYP is ready to finish what he started two years ago.

Imho the most important weak point as of now is the quality of communication. Internet activities aren't bad, the girls are doing a lot of them, but the press side has too many ups 'n' downs -- plus Jype communiques are not freely flowing to all fandoms.

Coordinating media across continents is not simple, but handing out a few press releases in Korean, Chinese, and English should not be that difficult, esp. on big occasions like the Special Olympics.

Rant over -- let's stay positive, guys.

Thank's for the translations.

Like the other international wonderfuls here, I also agree with the k-wonderfuls because to be honest... I think they have it worse then us. They've always been behind the girls back 100% and when the girls had a comeback for only two weeks they were quick on providing the best meals, best fan support and the loudest fanchants during every performance. Let alone, let's not forget about the amazing manners; but ever since the girls have been on hiatus the k-wonderfuls gets less and less news about the girls. I think us, having twitter, facebook, myspace and etc gets more interactive time with the girls then they do because of the live chats and everything else. We even had a tour across North America which they didn't have. They only had two concerts I believe? I'd really like to give them an applaud on being so brave to stand up for their fan club and for the girls.

Regarding the 2PM Strong Heart situation, I was also really disappointed when he revealed that on the show. I mean, it was enough that he revealed that they initally wanted Krystal to be featured but then he was also showing the disappointment in his voice that she wasn't able to be featured and it was instead passed on to our Sohee; making it seem like Sohee was just the replacement.

Nowadays, when I come into this thread and I see airport pictures of the girls back... It makes me happy. Its saddening, because back then in 2008 we used to have a thousand pictures to be shared every single day and that was how fast the wonderfuls fan club grew then the numbers quickly decreased along with the information and everything else. Sigh, I really hope JYP would be more fair.

Guest freakloverxx

wow..k wonderfuls, u guys got my full support.

the questions totally took the words outta my mind.im glad that k wonderfuls are caring enough to ask these questions to jype.thats true fans yo.

Regarding 2pm,yes im totally disappointed.how could they do that to their own labelmate.its ok if it happened once or twice but not to that extent.disappointing indeed,gotta give 2am credits for at being a much better supporter.

enough rant.i really hope jype will give a really good response to these questionnaire with a lot of thoughts and not just do it for the sake of answering.

@xsimply juicy - Thanks for the explanation... To be honest I was thinking about this story when I read the question #7, but I wasn't sure. However, I understand K-Wonderfuls. I remember talking about this on Sohee's thread (here in Soompi). I like Taecyeon, but it wasn't necessary to make it seems like Sohee was the "last" choice. He said they wanted Kim Yuna, but she couldn't. Then they wanted Krystal, and all the boys liked the idea so much, but since she's too young, she couldn't. So they asked Sohee.

I don't know, but it's like... you want to go to a party, but you don't want to be alone, so you ask other guys that you like, but they all refuse, in the end you ask your brother to come with you, because you don't want to be alone so there's no choice. That's how I felt when Taecyeon was talking about this. Sohee is more popular than Krystal in Korea. I don't think it was necessary to tell the story like this... Sohee is in their song and she even gave advices to make the song better... They should be more thankful and not talking about others and asking others to say her line on the show etc.

But I don't blame 2PM for this. I know some of them love SM girl groups more than JYP girl groups... On the other side, SM boy groups (well, one group only: Super Junior) also like WG and praise WG. Except that in their situation, they don't seem to like/praise WG more than SM girl groups. SM boy groups always put their labelmates before others. Heechul being a huge fan of Sohee is an exception, but Heechul is still closer to his labelmates (even for girl groups members like Jessica, Sulli, Yoona etc.). I know some 2PM boys who show their support to WG but it always seems like some of them support other girl groups more XD While for their fans, a lot of them are very nice to WG, which is a good thing =D

Well, it's OK for JYP groups to support others more than WG, but in this case, it's also better not to mention WG (like the Sohee discussion on the show).

I don't want to be so serious about this. I know it seems like I'm talking bad about some 2PM boys, but really, I'm not XD I like them, but I just didn't like this thing on the show ^^"

Guest *bluebutterfly*

@Mana.Smile I feel the same. I think it's fine to like other girl groups, but I hope they will not talk about WG in a way that might not be something us Wonderfuls want to hear.

You can purchase Yumin's W's magazine here. I think it's on pre-order at the moment.

Credits to Wonderfuls Cafe @ Facebook for the link.

Sunye and Yubin are the last two names in the third row under 10 stars.

http://www.yes24.com/24/goods/5511704

Don't post much but wanted to re: this 2pm thing. I think that the boys/JYPE are so afraid of rumors that they don't like to talk about inter-company relationships because you know how some fans get - a normal friendship could be misconstrued as a romantic thing and that's just creates more unnecessary drama. The problem is that while they try so hard not to have any rumors with our girls, they're out there praising all these other girl groups and their avoidance of mentioning the WGs seems almost like disdain, which it isn't, I hope.

It's fine for 2PM to like other girl groups but I think it's just hard for us as fans of our girls to hear all these boy bands from other labels praising their labelmates (Suju-SNSD, f(X) and Big Bang-2NE1) while our girls are sort of just out there to fend for themselves (especially now, when they may not be as loved in Korea as before). The girls have "big brothers" who should have their back but, instead, it just seems like they're fawning over other girl groups. That's why I feel sad on Sohee's behalf - I want her to feel loved, especially by people closer to her then we as fans are :(

Guest beceshawtti3

Guys, CHILLAX. Wonder Girls are in a different league with other JYPE artists. Yes, their male labelmates don't praise them as much as other artists but seriously, who cares? They are still loved by others and their wonderful fans! And WG never sold well physically with albums but always had strong digital power as in they're listened by a wide range of people (people in general) which is much better than 2PM having a fanclub relying solely on their fans to buy their music, etc. Of course it would be good or great! if WG had power in all areas but they don't. They are perfect the way they are. And do you guys even know how hard it is to put out an album in America being Asian artists? JYPE isn't exactly rich like SME who can put out an album in an instant with oh so great producers. Look what happened to BoA. I mean, come on. WG has been climbing steps slowly and I'm so proud of them for enduring everything! Being a Korean American, it's hard so think about how hard it must have been for WG. Don't you guys think we should be cheering WG on instead of complaining about what, 2PM saying stuff about WG. Who gives? Is 2PM important? NO, the Wonder Girls are. Seriously.

Guest ilovewondergirl

Guys, CHILLAX. Wonder Girls are in a different league with other JYPE artists. Yes, their male labelmates don't praise them as much as other artists but seriously, who cares? They are still loved by others and their wonderful fans! And WG never sold well physically with albums but always had strong digital power as in they're listened by a wide range of people (people in general) which is much better than 2PM having a fanclub relying solely on their fans to buy their music, etc. Of course it would be good or great! if WG had power in all areas but they don't. They are perfect the way they are. And do you guys even know how hard it is to put out an album in America being Asian artists? JYPE isn't exactly rich like SME who can put out an album in an instant with oh so great producers. Look what happened to BoA. I mean, come on. WG has been climbing steps slowly and I'm so proud of them for enduring everything! Being a Korean American, it's hard so think about how hard it must have been for WG. Don't you guys think we should be cheering WG on instead of complaining about what, 2PM saying stuff about WG. Who gives? Is 2PM important? NO, the Wonder Girls are. Seriously.

I agree with you

I find I'm not very vociferous about my opinions `when it comes to such topics but I find that I should also add my 2 cents here regarding the K-WF questions.

First off, I'd like to start of by expressing my utmost respect and appreciation for my Korean counterparts - they are amazing!! I love how polite, concise, and respectful they are in their wordings, and I'm sure they have some pent of aggravation in their hearts seeing as how things have played out over the past three years. They've been very patient, and foremost, they've been and stayed loyal. Sure there are those "flying-bird fans,"  but as Qoxie said a while ago, the core of the fanclub has remained loyal to the girls, and also the fact that they are a well loved group, as in not just liked by various demographics and such, has helped the girls a lot, in still having an impact on mainstream K-pop. I mean the girls paint their toenails, it becomes hot news, hehe!

Also, I am really glad they took the initiative to actually come forward and ask these questions, and if JYPE themselves picked the final 15, then I must say that they are very much aware of the causes for aggravation and discord between the WFs and the company itself, and would like to answer them in good time, which I see as a positive thing... I honestly think they have something huge planned for the comeback, I mean all the photo shoots, and such all seem like big foreshadowing for the awesomeness that awaits the ever-waiting Wonderful :D

Also, regarding the 2PM issue... I guess I lost interest in them a while ago and honestly had no idea that Taekyeon said something like that, in such a tone of voice... I haven't seen the video so I'd like to reserve judgement, but from what I've read so far, I guess he could've ended with maybe, "but we're very thankful that Sohee did it. Thanks Sohee." or something like that, maybe he needs to watch his words more? It does sadden me though since the girls take so much pains to promote their fellow label-mates and you can tell they love all of them dearly from their tweets and videos when one of them's releasing new material. And about what Junho said, I think you can take that lightly since Junho actually wants to be paired with Yeeun for WGM... so redemption points to him their since the latter happened after his appearance on SH and the cracking and such *winks*! 

Honestly, I'm kind of looking forward to JYP's answers. It'd be even better if they answered in actions rather than just words... what with the comeback looming ahead.

And also with their US plans, I'm just gonna support the girls on that until whenever. Its their dream and they are working so hard to realize it, regardless of how long it takes... We all know that the WG were created with the knowledge that they would be expanding into the west at some point in time in their careers, and honestly in my opinion, they did it at the right time, right after they'd been to and stayed at the top for a while. There was really no more room for growth withing S. Korea if the girls had stayed... And look at what their endeavors  have produced... World class performers who take to the stage and absolutely tear it down with their sheer stage presence, talent, and dedication, which only make me ever so proud to be a Wonderful <3 

Though I do want them to have at least a month if not more of Krean promotions, the K-Wonderfuls deserve as much, if not more (they deserve a lot, seeing as how long they've waited and how patiently, and positively!!)

Think I wrote too much in a long time.

And I love all of you guys for making this a peaceful forum where we can voice our opinions like mature people rather than quibbling   neanderthals :P

Anyhow, lets keep on moving forward fellow -derfuls! We have an amazing musical group to support and love no matter what consequences and challenges await!

Wondergirls and Wonderfuls Fighting!!

Much love,

Patience.

Guest jcsmark

I feel like Wonderfuls have gotten the short end of the stick for so long and I’m glad K-Wonderfuls have the opportunity to voice out and address their concerns/questions with JYPE. I really hope JYPE will give satisfying answers and it’ll be even better if they actually do something about WFs concerns.

I was about to go on a long rant but I guess most of my thoughts have already been voiced out by other Wonderfuls here.

To lighten the mood,

Hope the girls will have a fun time at JYP Nation concert today! Looking forward to see their performances.

706149begw1dk7q820d5ujec.jpg

Credit as tagged

Holy crap that's a lot of of backtracking I just did. So much drama...but I can't really say I disagree with it all. KWFs pretty much said EVERYTHING I was thinking. It's getting a bit ridiculous at how out of the loop we are on WGs activities and progress and what little news we do get is from articles and not from JYPE representatives themselves.  Also agree about the stylist. Just because it's retro does not mean they should just give the girls these tacky concepts and rushed makeup they're so much better than what these stylist put them in.  And basically I just feel like so much time is being wasted. They could have had several in-between promotions by now, since they were/are obviously still in the producing phase of the US album. It's just really frustrating to be left in the dark and JYPE lack of communication is no help.  I really do hope there is a response, because if unanswered the questions and frustration will only grow as times goes by. 

The 2PM thing...meh I dunno. Not really offended, it's their album they can say what they want idgaf.  However I do agree 2AMs words are way more supportive to the girls. Always appreciate the love they give.   :wub:

just drop by to say something about that 2PM thing...lol it's look like WonderFul and Hottest have this love and hate relationship.

i think Taec did once mentioned in a radio show how grateful they're to Sohee and thanked her for saying it beautifully..

about Strong heart, it's a talk show with many guest..it always exaggerate everything! and Taec always being the playful one.

i never take it seriously because i know they always support each other,it's just they dont publicly show it to us..

i'm so looking forward to JYPE's answer and also their comeback. i hope it's next month..*crossed fingers*

Also, regarding the 2PM issue... I guess I lost interest in them a while ago

Me too^^ LOL.. During their Heartbeat promo...and the most heart-breaking for me is that the girls are like the only one who keep on saying good stuffs about them dry.gif (if you watch their interviews and etc.)

And WG never sold well physically with albums but always had strong digital power]

Here is the list of the 'power' kekekeke

2007~2010 Music Chart Ranking 

1. Big Bang "lie" > 968 points

2. Yangpa "What's that love" > 948 points

3. FT Island - "Love al of" > 942 points

4. SG Wannabe feat. Okjuhyeon "dream in a summer's day" > 905 points

5. Wonder Girls "Tell me" 891 points

IeMj6.jpg

So Hot is popular than Nobody in Korea

*skip 2009*

valtX.jpg

These are according to Music Bank Annual Chart

Source : News Straight + wonderholic

fVMgZ.jpg

cr : SANE's twitter

9A8sU.jpg

cr : World WG@wondercuty

Wanna add something... KWFs also said that "If WG wanna be a World Star. such marketing strategy shouldn't be continued in the future" which I totally agree^^

And for my opinion, I don't think I wanna see JYP to feature anymore in WG's next MV 

blush.gif Some may said, "Owh so cute a PD with his girls"... but for me, it's like he's trying his best to promote himself into the US market as well^^.. Just like all previous discussions, ignoring the girls activities, but then when it times for them to shine, the pd is trying to get attention as well.. well that's just an opinion.. btw the JYP Nation in Japan is scheduled for a 3 hours running time... compare to last year..it's only last for 2 hours minus 2AM..

Guest jcsmark

JYP Nation artists head over to Japan for ‘JYP Nation in Japan’

by VITALSIGN on August 16, 2011 at 11:03 pm

With JYP Nation’s first Japanese concert, ‘JYP Nation in Japan‘, gearing up to open this week, all eyes are on the artists as they make their way to Japan.

On August 16th, JYP Nation artists Wonder Girls, 2AM, San E, JOO, Lim Jung Hee, miss A, and J.Y. Park left for Japan, coming together in one place for the first time in a long while.

The group arrived to enthusiastic cheering from fans at Haneda Airport and met up with 2PM, who were already in Japan promoting their new single, “I’m Your Man“.

The two-day concert will be held at the Saitama Arena on August 17th and 18th. For a total of three hours, fans will be able to see the unique and colorful stages presented by each artist. It’s said to be a stage unlike any other, so fans are already showing their anticipation, especially for vocal group 2AM, who’s also preparing for their Japanese advancement.

JYP Nation wlil be opening with a press conference tonight, so be sure to stay tuned for updates!

20110816220517.jpg

Allkpop

(Bigger version of the above pic here http://img202.imageshack.us/img202/3057/7785bb39jw1dk8fce6b1fj.jpg)

@heartmiso I enjoyed JYP's MV appearance in Nobody and 2DT, but I agree with you in that it'll be nice to have just WG in the next music video. In the majority of WG's music videos, JYP either appears in the MV or his voice is in the song. In the next MV, I think it'd be nice to have just WG :)

------

jypnationposter.jpg

jypnationwondergirls.jpg

Credit JYPEntertainment@weibo

Like everyone here I am so thankful that K-Wonderfuls is asking these questions that we international wonderfuls also want to know. We really can't speak up as much as they can. I'm hoping to hear jype answer these questions soon. I feel the same way and I honestly hope that jype will give us honest and long answer not half a&& crap.

It's fine for 2PM to like other girl groups but I think it's just hard for us as fans of our girls to hear all these boy bands from other labels praising their labelmates (Suju-SNSD, f(X) and Big Bang-2NE1) while our girls are sort of just out there to fend for themselves (especially now, when they may not be as loved in Korea as before). The girls have "big brothers" who should have their back but, instead, it just seems like they're fawning over other girl groups. That's why I feel sad on Sohee's behalf - I want her to feel loved, especially by people closer to her then we as fans are :(

Before I go into the whole issue I just want to say that I love 2pm with all my hearts. I am not bashing them nor hating on them; because I am also a hottest. But I am so happy that k-wonderfuls is addressing the issue. This is what I been feeling ever since 2pm debut, even when they debut it seem like none of the boys ever show their love for our girls on tv (Wild bunny is one example when Taec keep on insisting that he like SNSD. It make me sad because was it bad to like Wonder girls?). Hottests must be thinking that we are being a bunch of childish kids but it hard not to be jealous of the fact that other company boy band show so much love for their female label mates while our girls get nothing. When in interview or on fancam or such the two groups look like great friends. But than when the boys get on show it like they will praise every girl groups but our girls. I mean are the boys trying to avorng any scandal with our girls? *Sigh. I am such an emotion idiot right now. Reading the translation for the questions really hit a nail in my heart. As crazy as it sound they are the first group I put some much times into and I want the best for them but look where we at now..

Well I wonder how jype will answer this questions.

Really emotionally rant, please don't bash me. T.T (ignored if you want lol)

You remember when our girls were the Nation girl group? The one that lead and stand so high? As a fan I am so tired of seeing people not noticing that OUR GIRLS were the one that work so hard to bring back this "Girl group hype" That they work their richard simmons off to now let people think of them as nothing. Ever since they left k-pop I see comment such as "have been", "who is wonder girls", "useless to kpop" or better yet "fail in America and than come back to Korea and fail here too" I shouldn't be looking to much into these stupid comments. But it so heart broken to know that people know nothing of our girls, don't know how much work they put into anything they do. They was part of helping build k-pop as it is now, . . also I am just tired of waiting. I am going to stop here because I will go on a really long and not so nice rant that even if jype read it they will think I'm crazy.

I love these girls..

I really really love this compilation!!! It deserves more views and likes XD

Especially because it's so HD XD and it's nice to see all the different outfits they had for this song =)

Just amazing!

WonderGirls ~ SO HOT Compilation

CR - TtoZ12KPOP@youtube

All the posts here are very interesting to read =) While waiting for JYPE's answers, I think we should also work hard to promote WG. I think Youtube is the best place to promote a group. Let's watch/like/comment the best videos of WG so it can get more popular and attract new fans. and also share it with others. For example on 6theory, Fantastic, Facebook, Twitter etc. I'm trying to do this (always) =D

I just feel that to K-WonderFuls it IS a big deal cuhz like others posted you don't see that happening in other companies. Super Junior consistently and loudly shows their loves for their hoobae groups such as f(x) and SNSD and even SHINee always says they never had interest in other girl groups cuhz they already have amazing girl groups such as f(x) and SNSD. YG does the same with Big Bang and 2NE1 always showing support for one other instead of them going "Oh we like Miss A from JYP so much." The way 2PM says it (I do not hate 2PM...I actually really like Wooyoung) is what's the problem. They say it in a negative tone as in Wonder Girls would be last girls they would pick out of all the girl groups. Which leads to K-WonderFuls really like 2AM because whatever broadcast they go on they always show Wonder Girls in a positive light. As in Seul Ong mentioned how he saw Wonder Girls once on their break from America and they looked so stylish and chic and he fell for them and Yoobin especially and JoKwon always mentioning his friendship with Sunye proudly (F.O season 2) etc. It's just the small things that 2AM manages to do but 2PM fails to do that disappoints K-WonderFuls because they are supposed to be a "family." It's fine if 2PM likes SNSD more than they like Wonder Girls but it's not fine when they put down Wonder Girls several times (ex. Strong Heart, Win Win, Wild Bunny, etc.) while showing their love for SNSD. K-WonderFuls don't want their girls to feel like they're the last resort because to them and us, Wonder Girls are the best.

p.s. I do not have anything against 2PM or SNSD or 2AM or whoever for the matter I have mentioned...just trying to explain what the K-WonderFuls were feeling and wanted explained.

Archived