Jyp's Wonder Girls (원더걸스) Official Thread 2

Guest `starry.night

• Replies 39.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest beceshawtti3

Those facts on FOLLOWWG were facts. SoHee likes listening to all three of the girl groups. It wasn't a question.

Guest valentino_rossi46

^

^ Oh yeah, thanks I have just read it again and it's a fact, not question :P

Btw, Lim is with the girls in class, of course not Sun Mi. I think the photo was taken when they are in US. Lim is the most fluently in English but she still need English class to improve her pronunciation and speak it more naturally. Since she is more fluent in English than others but the way she processes the question is quite slow, so she often react slower than 2Ye, so she still need taking the English course :P. Each of them need different side to improve so other than main class that all of them take together, they also have individual class. And maybe that is the reason So hee doesnt have time to learn guitar although she really want to :), she need more English class than others

I just posted a 'long' comment (2 hrs ago from this moment) on Allkpop regarding to their article about the girls covering the song "nothin' on you" and I wanna share it with people here.  just a thought.

Previously I posted a comment here saying the WGs was back on top5 articles with 1k+ comments and would discuss a bit more later.  Now here i am posting this comment to share some of my thoughts about this. While being happy to see the # of  comments on this article has reached 1k+ (it has been a while not done so), it has more meaning than just reaching 1k+ (actually 48xx as currently).

I guess many of you will still remember how the WGs has been put down by many people (fans) when the girls seemed to be inactive with any new materials (songs, albums etc) in the past year(s). The 2 different tears comeback could be excluded as it was more like a one time event within a short period of time. If so, it means the WGs has been away from the public (fans) in terms of new materials since the dynasty of 'Nobody" and/or the US tour in 2010.  We may argue that the WGs showed up in so many places in the past years, however those were events such as fashion shows, commercial activities, activities in China, appearances on TV programs (mainly chinese) and the JYP Nation concert etc.  They don't seem to have direct connections with the new materials for their comback that everyone has been waiting for. My insight into this is that the purposes of all these events were to generate profit while they were still working on their comeback with the US album (Korean album?).  We must realize that the cost of making the WGs debut in the US is very high. Therefore they just can't sit around and do nothing but the preparation for the US album.  That's why they have had all those events especially in China in the past 2 years. (expanding their shares in China market as well)

This video clip of the WGs singing the cover song of "nothin' on you" has so far drawn a lot of attentions.  The high number of comments on this Allkpop article is very good but is not the focal point.  In my opinion the true meaning of the high number of comments is to tell the world that the WGs has never been down because of the 'look-to-be' inactivity with the new materials. Their fans are actually still around and their popularity and talents are being recognized even more by their fans especially international fans over the past 2 years.   If we categorize the WGs fans, we can have  the followings,

1, wonderful (die hard)

2, wonderful (hibernating and/or left)

3, casual fans, and

4, new fans

What this video clip really does is waking up those wonderfuls who have been hibernating and drawing more casual/new fans. Now we know their fans are still around, casual/new fans are being built up and their new materials are all gathered ready to unleash.  The final piece to the whole picture is the outcome of their new US album (Korean album?).  We have been waiting for their comback since the dynasty of 'nobody' and the waiting has been delayed so many times. it's made the release date of their US album somewhat irrelevant but it's rather the outcome of their US album that matters. the minimum expectation (goal) for their US album is to do just fairly good enough.  How good should it be considered 'fairly good enough'? My expectation is if both record/digital music sales can reach hundreds of thousands(100,000 min) along with a good over all review and a number of songs on billboard top 40.  If other Korean girl groups can sell hundreds of thousands in Asia, then the WGs must do so in the US market since it is the biggest music market in the world. Please bear in mind that the real expectation (goal) is up to JYP and the WGs and mine is only an estimate that may not be relevant or accurate at all.

Finally it is really coming down to the wire for the WGs when they release their US album, If it does well, the WGs will be on their way to become a truely international girl group who will not be seen as just a Kpop girl group from Korea anymore.

All of the above is just my thoughts and rants that may not be accurate in any way.  I am sure there is something missing here and there. So no need to take it too seriously if you find it offended or whatsoever.  My only concern is to see the girls make it in the US with their US ablum and march on.  As for Asia, I personally believe it is a no-sweat for the girls with their new album(s).

Guest qoxie

Btw, Lim is with the girls in class, of course not Sun Mi. I think the photo was taken when they are in US. 

Roots Academy is located in Seoul. It was founded by WG's tutor Heidi Son; she had shared photos with 2YE & Sunmi (as well as separately with 2PM Wooyoung & swimmer Park Tae Hwan) during its launching in mid-Dec last year.

Agree that it's LIM in the photo since it could might well be WG holding a private conference on the premises, & not just continuing their English studies while they are in Korea.

- - - - - - - - - -

The Billboard clip has exceeded 132,000 hits in 24 hours.

Very encouraging sign, considering how long WG had dropped off the international (English-speaking) radar.

The Q&A clip has only 5,000 hits, though. But Youtube said their view counter is quite erratic the past few days, so hopefully we can have a more accurate gauge soon.

Guest onedaymaniac

Wonder Girls is no.1 in today's nate search engine.

who says wg is not popular in s.k anymore?

knetizens still love them

rqOsM.jpg

Guest beceshawtti3

Well, for people to say WG are forgotten, LOLOL. They don't know what they're talking about or the impact WG made in Korea and how much they are loved and will be. Not to worry WF's!

The cover was so goooooooooddwub.gif 

Sohee improved soooo mucchhhhhhhhh <333

And when yeeun sang...I just knew she has polished her technic.. I always thought sunye is the more technic singing and yeeun more in vocal power...but all of them sang beautifullysmile.gif

Please release the album soooooooonnnn

Guest jcsmark

I just checked out WG’s cover of Nothin’ on You! I was really moved after watching the video. Such a wonderful treat after getting back from my short vacation too :D

I have their cover on replay now lol. I think Yeeun’s voice fits really well with the song and I loved hearing Sunye’s sweet voice at the beginning and ending of the song. I liked how Yubin and Lim exchanged rap parts. Sohee surprised me as I was anticipating Yeeun to sing the second chorus after Sunye. I really enjoyed their cover and I’m glad the girls had fun during the recording!

----

Wonder Girls now on the Homepage of Billboard.com!

20110803wghomepageonbil.jpgBillboard.com

-------

Don't think the billboard article was posted here.

lol Anyone notice the mistake in the article? Wonder Girls charted on the Hot 100 chart with "Nobody". They charted on the Heartseeker's album chart with 2DT too but have yet to land on the Billboard 200.

Wonder Girls Cover B.o.B / Bruno Mars: The Poll Winner!

by Jessica Letkemann, N.Y. | August 01, 2011 9:43 EDT

Thousands and thousands and thousands of you came to Billboard.com in recent weeks to vote on which song Korean pop sensations Wonder Girls should play for their Mashup Monday cover. It was close, but B.o.B and Bruno Mars' hip-hop/R&B-tinged "Nothin' On You" won with 47% of the vote, narrowly beating out poppy Miley Cyrus' "Party In The U.S.A." which got 43%. Far less of you, 10%, went for The Band Perry's "Hip To My Heart." So you asked for it, you got it! Check out Wonder Girls' sweet version of "Nothin' On You" in the player above.

Those of you in the know -- and that's hundreds of thousands of you -- know that while they may be young, Wonder Girls are a certified musical force in their native South Korea and around the world. That's part of the reason we chose them for Billboard's 21 Under 21 list last fall.

"We just want to express our love to our fans," says WG Sunye of the fact that so many voted for "Nothin' On You." "It's a perfect song."

"The first thing was arranging the instruments," adds WG Yeeun. "I started practicing piano and then we added two more guitarists. And later a percussionist joined. And also we were travelling a lot, so we couldn't stay at one place. We had to practice on the street on the way."

After opening America's eyes to their infectious dance-pop opening for the Jonas Brothers in 2009 and on a 2010 American tour of their own, Wonder Girls -- who are also reality TV stars in South Korea -- are set to release an official American debut album sometime this year. It's still shrouded in secrecy, but if the group's previous success is any indication, it will certainly find its fans! The Girls' first U.S. single, 2009's "Nobody," hit the Billboard 200 effortlessly.

http://www.billboard.com/#/column/mashupmondays/wonder-girls-cover-b-o-b-bruno-mars-the-1005299372.story

Guest VenusValentine

keep refresh it for hundreds of time, my god, cant' sleep >.<

Sunye sound nervous at the beginning, but her angelic voice back just a few second blush.gif

Yubin did great on the rapping part :wub:

Lim dont' know why but her rap sound mature at the beginning, but it started to get teenage like at the end :ph34r: , however, it match Yubin mature voice lol

Sohee definitely improved a lot, if some one just hear her voice now, it really can comparable with disney star such as selena gomez and the like :w00t:

ANd finally, Yenny .... speechless, the soul queen, such a diva :wub:

Guest jcsmark

Wonder Girls' Sunye Shows off her Modern Beauty

by: xxxKrissKrossxxx on Aug 2, 2011

Yesterday Sunye updated her Me2Day with a post where she unveiled a photo "On August 21st I will be part of an event with Naver to help underprivileged children, I look forward to sharing the warmth with many people."

Sunye in the photo sports long, wavy hair with straight bangs which frames her face as she gives off a sense of pure swagger. She is also pretty and sweet, rich with the appearance and good looks. Sunye is truly a modern beauty as she has a beautiful mind, soul, and body, she is beautiful through and through.

74225792710f5b2966cd76544e7b0a6b_large.jpg

The netizens commented in reaction to her photos saying: "Such a pretty face, that's great to hear", "Perfect angel. Sunye Fighting!", "I want to participate in a good event”, and "Sunye is a nice sweet person you rock!"

Source: Naver

Credit http://www.soompi.com/news/wonder-girls-sunye-shows-off-her-modern-beauty

Sunye’s shining beauty, “Beautiful face with Beautiful heart”

by GONI on August 2, 2011 at 3:50 pm

Wonder Girls member Sunye recently showcased her shining beauty.

On August 1st, Sunye posted via me2day, “Thankfully, I will be able to be a part of Naver’s ‘Help Starving Children’ Charity Event on August 21st. I’m hoping I’ll be able to share the warm environment with many others! I’ll be back~”, with the above photo attached.

Sunye is showing her pure beauty with a wavy hair style in the photo. Her looks are almost as beautiful as her kind heart.

Netizens commented, “Your heart and your face are both beautiful”, “What an angel, Min Sunye fighting!”, “I want to be a part of that good charity event” and “Her heart is kind, too! Sunye Jjang!”.

Source: TVreport via Nate

Allkpop

Guest valentino_rossi46

Glad that #WGFacts are back XD, some new facts

#WGfacts @WGyenny What is currently your favorite American song at the moment?

#WGFacts Christina Perri - Jar of Hearts! @WGyenny really likes the lyrics, chords, melody, and production of this song!

#WGfacts @WGsun Do you have any sleeping habits? "I can't sleep with my legs straight. I sleep like a shrimp."

#WGFacts @WG_Lim: What was one of the most embarrassing moments of your life?

#WGFacts @WG_Lim "I once got stuck between the subway doors..Everyone was looking, but nobody helped...It was embarrassing!:( "

#WGFacts @WGyubin 's usual bed time? Around 2AM!!

#WGFacts If @WGsohee could bring ONLY ONE person to an abandoned island, she wants to bring her sister~aww

#WGFacts WG ♥ GINGER ALE! @WGSun, @WGyenny, @WGSohee& @WGyubin love sparkling water! but @WG_Lim doesn't! She prefers flat water!:)

Jar of Hearts by Christina Perri is a great song <3, hope that we can hear Ye Eun cover it :), here is the link to this song

Btw, the most thing i love about WGFacts is we can know about SoHee, she is not often talk about herself in interview or share things in twitter, the facts about her is so interesting :). Actually I hv never known she and her sister So young is closest to each other cuz after her parents divorce, 1 live with dad while other live with mom and So hee live in JYPE dorm since her trainee days while her sister lived in Japan for many years, they hardly have time together and So Hee didnt mentioned So Young before, it's so interesting to know she love her sister very much :)

^ You're right! It's not easy to find informations about Sohee because she doesn't speak a lot on interviews etc. but now, with her interview for Nylon + WG Facts, we learn a lot about her; what she likes, what she wants to learn (ballet, guitar), etc. I also didn't know she was so close to her sister, but it's really cute and interesting =)

Here a cute video...

Searching the WonderGirls

CR - kimicka13@youtube

and here a teaser for a WonderGirls fanfic...

[ Teaser ] Secret Wonder (Fanfic)

CR - fujiwaratakumi@youtube

^ I love this video *o* I want the fanfic now!! XD

Guest valentino_rossi46

Im not sure whether it was shared, but I have just watched it, Diary of Five Girls Engsub :)

100808 G.NA - Diary of Five Girls [EP 1][1/2] "]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQldpVQpT6A

100808 G.NA - Diary of Five Girls [EP 1][2/2] "]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJQ6Xeb5Znk

100805 G.NA - Diary of Five Girls [EP 2][1/2] "]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fQdK27KWQFc

100805 G.NA - Diary of Five Girls [EP 2][2/2] "]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SlSth3woi3o

Yoobin was so skinny at that time :P, btw I can see Good Entertainment invest quite much money into them cuzz even before they debut, they lived in a quite nice apartment, even much better than many idols now and they even can go to Saipan to filming (when Hyosung debut with Secret, all of them lived in 1 room at the house in basement floor until last year while in her trainee days she had her own room, After School apartment is quite small too or 4Minute dorm is small, all of them share 1 big room)

Guest wonderr23

Yenny day entry! Apologies if there are any mistranslations :sweatingbullets:

You guys waited long right?^^

First, we are in Korea right now!~

We came here to practise for our JYP Nation concert.

It's been a long time since 2am, 2pm, MissA, MinJoo, SanE oppa, Jeonghui unnie, and Park Jinyoung PDnim got together for rehearsal.

It was really fun and nice haha kk

a, also today is my younger sibling Yosep's birthday~~!!

i use to buy him practical things such as shoes and clothes,

so this time i want to buy him something different so i went to a bookstore.

I bought adolescence rolemodel series for him.

Besides the book it's been a long time since i was able to write him a letter...kk

When the family was gathering for breakfast, Yosep suddenly said, "Noona you didn't give me my present yet".

Then suddenly Go-eun unnie said, "it's a book".

I said to my sister, "why did you say it!!" so my sister and 'yosep replied "really?"

Of course it is...

Yosep's facial expression was stiff and unnie laughed hard...

So i hurriedly gave him the present on the spot.

He then said, "thanks noona" with a very sad expression on his face....

haha.

But i don't have any regrets. Cuz someday i know he'll realize my true intentions for him.kkk right?

On 2008, Park Jinyoung PDnim gave me a present as well.

It's a book about growing, it's a very factual book...kkkk

PDnim wrote something at the front page which up to now still remains dear in my heart.

Instead of becoming a pretty woman be a great one instead he said. I will never forget that gift for the rest of my life..!

a today is our JYP engineer Sin Bong-won oppa's birthday!kk

We all congratulated him~ jjagjjagjjag

a we must not forget about the Billboard Mashup Monday as well! kkkkk

Did you guys watched it??

Hyerim's cute rap and Yubin unnie's deep voice rap is great right?yuyu kkkk

We really practised a lot~! But the beat keeps going from fast to slow so we fixed that a lot,

Absolutely we must not leave out Moonworker kkkkk + and Woomin oppa who did the guitar and arrangements Thank You!

And lastly me who practised hard on the chords.. yuyu

I was gonna play the chords, but i was so nervous to play the piano... So in the end we decided to add the accompanist^^;

As i had mentioned on the interview this song we dedicate it to our loyal fans!!kk

Although we changed it to Beautiful Boys i hope the girls will understand!! ^^*

and...

Honestly i prepared a present for wonderfuls on this yenny day yuyu

If i were in New York i could've done it but the schedule suddenly changed.....

Next month!

Please stay tuned..................... heuheu kk

Well then goodbye~!^^*

v

actually it can also be translated as beautiful but i agree with you. I think great or fabulous would be the best term! Thanks!

Guest valentino_rossi46

THanks for translation Liz

But Wondergirls fancafe FB also sum up Ye Eun entry, just 1 sentence I think they translated clearer ^^, "Rather than being a pretty lady, be a 'great' lady". It will be more meaningful than just "beautiful woman" ^^

It is a great word from JYP, maybe at that time Ye Eun hasnt understood the whole meaning yet, but after 3 years, she grown up and experienced a lot of thing and finally can understand all the meaning behind :), JYP saw a lot of potential from her ^^

Guest wonderr23

I took this from IUholic!

2011 August - October comeback list

August

Super Junior

9 Muses

JYP New male group(?)

Pledis New male group(?)

G.Na

Brown Eyed Girls

Sista

JYJ