Jyp's Wonder Girls (원더걸스) Official Thread 2

Guest `starry.night

Guest jcsmark

Thank you qoxie for all your hard work and contributions you have made for this thread. We will do our best to keep it going. Wonder Girls and Wonderfuls fighting! Take care!

----

A couple more pics of WG in Qingdao

640a839etw1djhrzhr1fsj.jpgCredit as tagged

3b6b73799eef87aea686697.jpgCredit 版權_所有 @ Yeeun baidu bar

• Replies 39.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest bammie92

qoxie. thanks for all your contributions and hard works! really really appreciated it. come back soon! we gonna miss you blush.gif

Guest wonderr23

Mblaq's Thunder mentioned Sohee as his ideal woman on his group's recent interview with Ilgan Sports

Q. “What style do you prefer in women?”

Thunder: “I’ve already said this before, but I like cute styles, like the Wonder Girls‘ Sohee.”

Credit: allkpop

Guest wonderr23

Yeeun watches on as Sunye having some touch-ups to her makeup. [cr: NoisyZHANG]

33vm7bq.jpg

Source: sunyebaidu

Credit: as tagged

Guest yummy_swg

as we all know that Wonder Girls usually appears in Korean textbook and exam now it's spread to my country :lol:

this is an English exercise from a high school in Thailand :)

x27596206.jpg

Credit: Twitter @FREEOIL

Guest r1988

its been a while since the last time I posted a comment

Im really happy that many fans went to see and show their support to the girls at the airport and seeing how kind and friendly the girls were with the fans made me even respect and love them more and thnx everyone for the fan accounts, pics and videos.

I saw article in allkpop about 2pm and 2am practicing for JYP nation concert so I was wondering if the girls will be staying in Korea for at the main time to practice for the new performances .

I dont know if its just me but Im I the only one who thinks that the korean media are paying much more attention to the girls korean comeback than their US debut all I read is the battle of girl groups in sept its like they dont care about WG US debut. since the girls so far did not release a single of their upcoming US debut album or the full album in general then I dont think they will have a Korean comeback in Sept or anytime soon ,if they will ever have one then I'm expecting it will be by the end of this year like in December or by early of next year like Januray or Feb

anyway this is the last week of July so Im really really hoping that JYPE will finally announce the official album or single date release

Guest wonderr23

i don't know what this is but it seems Wondergirls video is shown on a public transpo bus in China?!!

6e1d2da8jw1djgh530lp6j.jpg

shared?

69b0a6abgw1dji9ealix1j.jpg

cr : as tagged; owners

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

saw this at weibo earlier and now on naver... hmm what is this? I can only understand the date of the event which is September 10, 2011 and some of the artists mentioned are Super Junior-M, Wondergirls, SNSD and etc...

2lkfgaw.jpg

Guest beceshawtti3

I have never waited so long for an artists' comeback. But it's so worth it and draining mentally!

Guest jcsmark

^

^

I think onedaymaniac posted an article about the concert earlier (page 1644). Looking at the list there are many famous artists from China/Japan/Korea that are named, but I don't think the guest list has been confirmed yet.

I saw this list on Weibo yesterday and started to see it on Twitter, but I couldn't find the original source of the poll.

[News] Poll on July 20, 2011 Number of fans around the world.

1.TVXQ/JYJ 60 million.

2.SJ 49 million.

3.WONDER GIRLS 36 million.<<<

4.BB 30 million.

5.2PM 21 million.<<<

6.SS501 20 million.

7.GG 15 million.

8.CNBLUE 14 million.

9. Best 13 million.

10.FTisland 10 million.

Credit PEACHWHY@weibo

Guest jcsmark

20110723 wonder girls -interview in Qingdao

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=0IiChYP3RUI

Thanks for sharing! I was looking forward to the part where WG speaks in Chinese with the MC. I read that many concert goers where surprised at how well WG spoke in Mandarin :)

-------

WG hotel arrival in Qingdao. Yeeun is holding the gift that fans at Yen's Heart gave her, the logo can be seen in the first pic.

20110723qingdaohotelarr.jpg

20110723qingdaohotelarr.jpgCredit Yen's heart❤恩心&恩吧(Yeeun Baidu Bar)

Did you spot all the members in the above pictures? :P

Sunye and Yubin are in a couple of them and I could only see Sohee in one of them. The Wonderful wanted to take more photos of SunSoBin who were trailing behind YeLim but was stopped by the security workers.

Guest aloversrendezvous

Lim tweeted this picture:

tumblrloxb22tp7h1qco1zj.jpg

@WG_Lim   This is where I keep all of my lyrics and notes. The Wonder Girls file! 

The girls also tweeted this:

tumblrloxbjqvw5e1qco1zj.jpg

@followWG When we were in Greece with the Poppin team!!

And again, Lim tweeted a photo with Yenny!

tumblrloxbqa4dab1qco1zj.jpg

@WG_Lim With Yenny! Just now! :)

Guest hrmmmhum

It looks like the JYPE dance studio. Guess they did fly back to Korea.

YeEun and Se7en tweeted each other yesterday.

officialse7en SE7EN

@WGyenny 와우.. 2002년..무려 9년전 노래.. 이젠 옛날노래구나 ㅠㅠ 나도 제일 좋아하는곡이였는데... 함 들어볼까나^^ hva good day!!!

24 Jul

WGyenny Yenny Park

한번 단 한번. 비오는 날에 들으니 더좋네여 ㅠㅠ @officialse7en

24 Jul

Thank you for everything, qoxie. Good luck and have fun with the upcoming American football season :]

Don't know if this was posted. YeEun is so popular in China ^^ You can see YeEun and YeBin signs.

356034429.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=AKIAJF3XCCKACR3QDMOA&Expires=1311662088&Signature=Ck55zUtUxNsjT35s%2BjonQR0VTK4%3D

Stars Love Rainstory Umbrellas

by: melkimx on Jul 24, 2011

It's rainy season here in Korea, which is no joke. If you go outside unprepared, there's a high likelihood that you're going to find yourself ducking for cover in the nearest store just so you can buy an umbrella. We've done this often enough that we've noticed umbrella displays prominently featuring photos of the SNSD girls, Kim Yu-Na, and Park Min Young among other celebrities. The brand is called Rainstory, and they sell cute umbrellas and rain boots. They also market themselves in a clever way, getting all the hottest celebrities to pose with their products. Check it out!

Wonder Girls' Sohee

0f285fc0356576542337eee5ed114611_large.jpg

Now, if you want to cop celebrity style even on rainy days, you'll have to pay a little extra than you would normally. These umbrellas aren't super pricey, but at about 25,000 won, they're still twice or even three times the cost of other umbrellas you could find around Seoul. Do any of these umbrellas catch your eye?

Source: rainstory.co.kr

Credit: Soompi

Sohee's so cute =]

Has this pic of SunYe been shared before, too? Oh, well, it's cute XD I don't remember seeing it before.

Lim had a bun in her pic with YeEun. Sohee has a bun in Qingdao. And Sun's bun. Our girls really like the bun hairstyle. But they look so good/cute in it; who can blame them? :rolleyes:

356027532.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=AKIAJF3XCCKACR3QDMOA&Expires=1311662431&Signature=5eitBwfeQLLwHuWn%2Fv13pJDVRzQ%3D

Guest rxnfall

^ Actually Sohee is the most popular in China I think. She has alot of support from Heechul fans too, alot of Heechul fans go see WG cos they want to see the girl that Heechul likes.

Then followed by Sunye. Alot of Chinese fans of other groups love her and respect her. Sohee Chinese fans say Sunye is the most popular, maybe after minusing those Heechul fans.

The followed by Sunmi. Sunmi is still popular in China even though she is temporary out of the group. Many Chinese find her so pretty and Chinese Sones like her cos she likes TY. So happy the Chinese fans never forget Sunmi and they even send people to Korea to give presents to Sunmi ^^

There are Sohee and Sunye fans at the concert with banners too, but they carrying Wonder Girls banners and WG lightstick, not individual banners.. I saw one photo can see them.

Guest wonderr23

The big 3 of Korean pop music and entertainment

JULY 26, 2011 07:26

On the back of the K-pop boom, the stocks of talent managing agencies SM Entertainment, JYP Entertainment and YG Entertainment have grabbed the spotlight. SM leads the market and is closely followed by JYP and YG, opening a new chapter in the Korean industry.

SM went public in 2000 and JYP pulled off a backdoor listing by acquiring J. Tune Entertainment early this year. YG also plans to get listed after undergoing a preliminary screening for the KOSDAQ last month.

The major three agencies are at the center of the Korean Wave and expected to compete in stock prices.

Though all of them are based on “idol stars,” they are different. SM initiated the Korean Wave with singers ranging from BOA to Dongbangshingi and laid the foundation for the entry of Korean pop into the Japanese market. Other SM groups such as Girls’ Generation, Super Junior, Shiny and f(x) are also competitive, experts say.

Gong Tae-hyeon, a researcher at Samsung Securities, said, “SM`s strength is that even if a group is dismantled, another idol group can replace it since it owns many star groups.”

SM`s performance including revenue topped that of its two rivals last year with 86.4 billion won (81.9 million U.S. dollars) in revenues and 25.7 billion won (24.3 million dollars) in operating income.

The agency also has a diverse portfolio. It started a karaoke business and began developing a video cultural tourism complex in Mungyeong, North Gyeongsang Province, with a strategy combining “star entertainment” with a "comprehensive" leisure and tourism business.

YG, which has rapidly grown with groups Big Bang and 2NE1, posted 44.7 billion won (42.3 million dollars) in revenue and 10.3 billion won (9.76 million dollars) in operating income last year. Though it has fewer stars than SM, it earned high profits with small but solid music sales.

Lee Hyeon-jeong, a researcher at SK Securities, said, “Unlike other groups, (YG) displays a unique style of music, creating a lot of added value such as music sales.”

JYP raked in 31.7 billion won (30 million dollars) in revenue last year, smaller than SM and YG, but has a number of stars such as 2PM, 2AM, Wonder Girls and miss A. It started building a network as represented by the recent stock purchase of LOEN Entertainment, a subsidiary of SK Telecom.

JYP is now the second-largest shareholder (25.45 percent) in LOEN, which also runs Melon, Korea’s largest music service provider.

Despite their popularity, entertainment stocks have long been neglected in the Korean stock market. This is because their performances used to fluctuate and stock prices repeatedly rose up and down due to good and bad news such as the debut or dismantlement of a group.

The big three talent agencies, however, are racking up steady profits and seen for their potential growth as they lead the K-pop boom in the world.

Source: DongA.com (english site)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yenny and se7en conversation in twitter ..was waiting for Yenny to reply in order to complete my translations. But i guess she won't reply anymore...

They are talking about se7en's song Once Just Once

6xxnv7.jpg

Guest wonderr23

Wondergirls' Yeeun and Hyerim looked like curious girls at their practise room

201107261355772441_1.jpg

[OSEN = Jang Changhwan intern journalist] Wondergirls members Yeeun and Hyerim's selca taken at their practise room is gaining a lot of attention from the public.

Hyerim on the 26th afternoon revealed "With Yeeun just now" along with the photo.

In the photo, Hyerim together with Yeeun were seen sitting at the chair and taking a picture at the mirror. Yeeun's curious expression at the mobile phone especially evoked laughter.

Netizens who saw the photo expressed, "both of you are really pretty" and "Hyerim's tied hair made her more pretty."

Meanwhile, Wondergirls will have a comeback on the second half of this year.

Source: Osen

Guest wonderr23

A chinese WF JenHu was kind enough to translate this for me....

Music Grand Ceremony

646a277fjw1djio5ak8y5j.jpg

Date: 2011.09.10 / 20:00

Place: Beijing National Stadium (Bird's Nest)

Performing artists: (unsure)

China - Jay Zhou / Jolin Tsai / Han Lei /

Wilber Pan / Wang Feng / SHE / Jane Zhang / Han

Geng

Japan - Ayumi Hamazaki / Utada Hikaru / SMAP

/ Koda Kumi

Korea - RAIN / BoA / LeeHyori / Jang WooHyuk

/ Super Junior-M / Girls' Generation / WonderGirls

HELD BY:

- China DTV Production Co.,Ltd "Beijing Music

Television"(China)

- M!COUNTDOWN