Jyp's Wonder Girls (원더걸스) Official Thread 2

Guest `starry.night

Guest wonderr23

Translation of fan account of WG's Day 1 in Qingdao [cr: jungeun].

Regarding their arrival. There wasn't alot of people at the airport, so the good thing is those who are there have a higher chances of fan service.

Sohee was the first to come out, she is very fair. The details have been shared by the other fans. Sunye was walking at the back of the line, I stick close to her throughout, so close that our elbows touched. She has a small face and good skin, and she looked very quiet, but the most important thing is that her no make-up face is very good and she is very pretty. She is always very friendly.

The staff next to her did not turn me away maybe because I'm a girl, and she did not stop me from talking to Sunye. I told Sunye that I like her very much. She was super approachable, smiling and nodding her head, and even said thank you (in a formal manner). I shook her hands and we walked together for 5 mins.

(Photo: http://twitpic.com/5uhzcx)

e64uc8.jpg

Dear Sunye's dress today was also very pretty, she left the airport in car alone. SoBin in one and YeLim in another.

(Photo: http://twitpic.com/5uhtrs)

2lthr44.jpg

I followed their car to the hotel. The hotel is quite posh, me and my friend went in with them at around 10am, it's time for them to rest.

Regarding the rehearsal. At around 2pm, they reached the stadium. There's a broadcasting station car outside, I guess we can watch the 'live' telecast tonight ^^

They sang 3 songs - 2DT, Tell Me and Nobody. My Sunye was so serious and attentive during the practice T_T !!! Looks so cool. We are not allowed to take photos, but we managed to took two photos when we just went in.

(Photos: http://twitpic.com/5uit11 , http://twitpic.com/5uit93)

ilj97b.jpgjakvgo.jpg

When they were singing tell me, they moved slightly forward, Yeeun was right in front of me, and I waved. Yeeun was singing her high note and smiling at me. Because there weren't any other fans around when they got down from the stage, the staff recognised that we were at the airport earlier. They are a nice bunch, except they told us not to take photos and not to disturb them but we are allowed to watch quietly from the side.

After the rehearsal, WG retreated back to their hotel to rest. Because YeLim's car was slightly delayed, me and my friend walked over after seeing there was not many people around, knocked on the driver's window, asked if we could have an autograph from YeLim, he turned around and asked, and they agreed!

(Photo: jts7z7.jpg)

jts7z7.jpg

After signing, Yeeun smiled at me!!!

Today was very fruitful and meaningful, WG is so nice! After my fan account, I must give a shoutout to 2YE!!! Thanks for your smile, and thanks to Sunye for shaking my hand and walking with me. Hwaiting for tonight's performance, WG is totally worth for all WF to wait for.

Credit: jungeun@weibo; wgbar

Source: sunyebaidu

• Replies 39.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest wonderr23

On their way to the stadium! Sunye, Yubin and Yeeun. #wondergirls [cr: 貝奶奶很浮躁丶]

5wwh2f.jpg

Source: sunyebaidu

Credit: 貝奶奶很浮躁丶

Guest wonderr23

Wondergirls performance pics at Marine Festival in Qingdao

798cf9a3jw1djg27028j3j.jpg

76e45045jw1djfym4i3cpj.jpg

6f1b089ajw1djfyjhhbb7j.jpg

798cf9a3jw1djg153lh7pj.jpg

69b4916etw1djg1ifjbpej.jpg

6c1d3ad4tw1djg1v657upj.jpg

credit: as tagged

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

fans got Yeeun, Sun and Sohee's signature

Yeeun

6a2a9c1bjw1djg0on69v2j.jpg

Sun

6a2a9c1bjw1djg0q22f3pj.jpg

Sohee

489a8154jw1djg131abjfj.jpg

cr: respective owners(tagged)

Guest onedaymaniac

sunye's answering questions from mindot from her last birthdayhCPmm.jpg

this is re-re-translated. Korean - Chinese - English.

credit:sunyebaidu, mindot,kenshin

translation from Korean to Chinese: katywhang

and sunye's friends came to NY to visit her.

kgvzj.jpg

cr:owner,mia

Guest *bluebutterfly*

Here's a video from the event. You can't really see the girls in this video but you can hear them.

http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMjg3ODE1NjQw.html

A few pics of the mics

credit: as tagged

tumblr_lot0irkXwN1qbgqcto1_500.jpg

tumblr_lot0ltgU801qbgqcto1_500.jpg

tumblr_lot0l51G9m1qbgqcto1_500.jpg

tumblr_lot0k9iblH1qbgqcto1_500.jpg

SNSD, Wonder Girls, Kara, and Brown Eyed Girls to make their explosive comebacks in fall

Will this fall see an epic competition between girl groups unfold?

This fall will reveal new comebacks and new albums from girl groups that are representative of K-pop. Since these girl groups' comeback periods will overlap, there will be a fierce competition occurring whether they want it or not. These groups include SNSD, Wonder Girls, and Kara, who debuted around the same time in 2007 and are now considered "The Big 3". Brown Eyed Girls, famous for their Abracadabra syndrome, will also be making a comeback.

- omitted parts -

Wonder Girls will also be releasing a new album this fall. The group, having been promoting abroad for the longest time, will be releasing this album after a year and a half. Known as "one of the original girl groups", their hit songs "Tell Me" and "Nobody" have shaken Korea's music industry down to its core. Therefore, their comeback will be something we can all anticipate.

Along with SNSD and Wonder Girls, Kara will release an album in September. Although they had a rough beginning, they clenched their teeth and were able to make it to the top of the K-pop industry. Therefore, expectations will be great for their comeback. Kara is currently working on their new album.

Source: Newsen

Credit: Koreaboo

Guest qoxie

Airport arrival.

G5CYW.jpg

- - - - - - - - - - -

WG backstage before their set. 

All the policemen/security personnel seem mesmerized by WG.

There are a number of weibo pics capturing them aiming their cellphones at the girls from downstage ~lol~

mOuB4.jpg

- - - - - - - - - - -

Fanpics.

SW4YO.jpg

8ln6L.jpg

6Pb60.jpg

3MmwY.jpg

KoQAv.jpg

zg2Xn.jpg

gigF4.jpg

4DUND.jpg

cQx4Z.jpg

5jJys.jpg

XyLqp.jpg

CqnCL.jpg

T78Od.jpg

ELVnu.jpg

BABDd.jpg

Kkeqk.jpg

GFMwU.jpg

4hGiw.jpg

l2HUk.jpg

9ufTU.jpg

EVcRz.jpg

YDlqT.jpg

Wr0un.jpg

SS81Q.jpg

hDQR1.jpg

b1Nmc.jpg

Vh6mX.jpg

m1qWJ.jpg

uhPIe.jpg

Credits to respective owners.

Guest qoxie

dYVjb.jpg

Source: http://roll.sohu.com...314344013.shtml

A star-studded Ocean City

Bandao.cn 2011-07-24 02:49

The 2011 China Qingdao International Marine Festival held its grand opening on July 23. One of its key events was the "Call Of The Sea"-themed opening ceremony, which took place at 7:30pm at the Qingdao Tiantai Stadium. China's super idol singer Chris Lee, Mandopop queen Sammi Cheng, Sino-Taiwan rock star SHIN, super-popular Korean girlgroup WONDERGIRLS, "Melancholy Prince" Chiang Yu-heng & virginal singer Xianzi all got together for a star-studded concert.

[skipped forward.]

International reps: WONDERGIRLS sings 'Nobody' & shows off their Chinese skills

In order to highlight Qingdao as an international city, the concert organizer also invited famous Korean idol group WG to perform. WG is currently expanding into America, but made a special trip to China for this show. WG said that they were enticed by the enthusiastic Qingdao natives & the picturesque seaside. For this concert, WG sang & danced their retro classic 'Nobody'. They even sang in Chinese for the Qingdao audience.

[skipped the rest.]

Reporters: Zhu Jieru, Lian Maoming

- - - - - - - - - - -

Bandao.cn's pre-concert article yesterday morning.

Digital version here: http://roll.sohu.com...314292397.shtml

Basically same content as above.

DFMWG.png

- - - - - - - - - - - 

UQn7v.jpg

UJcP7.jpg

Popular Korean girlgroup WG made their 1st appearance in Qingdao. Last night, they not only performed 3 songs in '2 Different Tears', 'Tell Me' & 'Nobody', every group member had also done their homework when they introduced themselves in Chinese to the audience. When the MC praised their beauty, the girls even responded modestly: "Qingdao is more beautiful. There are many beautiful women here too." In addition, the signature moves of the popular hit 'Nobody' -- the handclaps, hip-swinging, finger-pointing -- actually have special meanings, according to the singers. The song's signature moves are meant to indicate: "[Nobody] but you."

Cr: 潘UU @ http://bbs.qdqss.cn (translated)

Source: http://bbs.qdqss.cn/...hread&tid=53356

Guest greatiger

e64uc8.jpg

ilj97b.jpg

Excuse me... the source of these pics tagged 'http://weibo.com/jungeun' should to be wondergirlsbaidu (or wgbar)

http://tieba.baidu.com/p/1150681208

Anyway , thx for sharing again~ smile.gif

Guest qoxie

DzBz1.jpg

ybMH6.jpg

YK5SE.jpg

64kzZ.jpg

RxOFY.jpg

xNfk8.jpg

Qfxnw.jpg

UFa0z.jpg

1lty7.jpg

bn1t5.jpg

BfHBb.jpg

sjnSD.jpg

x5Ktw.jpg

DoAoVl.jpg

Cr: as tagged

- - - - - - - - - -

gqM7Ll.jpg

6Cb0ql.jpg

PAiyGl.jpg

6Qucul.jpg

pUYDNl.jpg

hrRim.jpg

J6Sex.jpg

Cr: love【WG】 @ Baidu

One of the photos (with Sunye) was deleted due to a fan spat at Baidu -- the messages were also deleted, but I think one WF was unhappy with the other for not obeying a WG manager's request to stop photographing? -- but I found a leftover thumbnail image at his account & resized it.

He said he will also uploaded more over the next few days.

bap9g.jpg

Guest my2wonder

I would like if there some of video fancams :sweatingbullets:

---

WooHee or SoYung couple XD

tumblr_lofu6w060r1qk74hyo1_500.jpg?w=500&h=500

tumblr_loelfwwtuf1qm836jo1_500.jpg?w=500&h=563

I found it while searching in google ! and I forgot from where I saved it :vicx:

Guest qoxie

^

There's a Tudou fanvideo of WG arriving at the venue that has since been reloaded into YT. 

2011青島國際海洋節 Wonder Girls 入場

As for concert fancams, I'm not hopeful cuz the online feedback said many in the (expensive) onfield seats couldn't see after those front row stood on their chairs & the stadium security were derelict.

Meanwhile, those who COULD see were too far away in the bleacher seats, as the fanpics showed.

It was a corporate concert as well, so the press might not have been allowed in. 

Still, maybe some video footage will turn up in their local news (ala the Mnet Ultimate concert in Taiwan last year).

- - - - - - - - - - - -

5CJOK.jpg

Source: http://orientaldaily...ubdate=20110724

WG Sohee flashes her legs to celebrate her birthday

Oriental Daily 2011-07-24

Korean girlgroup WONDERGIRLS (WH) flew into Qingdao yesterday morning to take part in the local Marine Festival opening ceremony. They attracted a large number of fans at the airport. WG walked out of the exit area smiling & waving their hands, even stopping to sign autographs for the fans. As well, Sohee had turned 19 at the end of last month. To celebrate her coming of age, she recently changed into lace jumper skirts & hotpants as part of a grown-up concept for a magazine pictorial.

In addition, a Korean source had surveyed the biggest growing Kpop fanbases in Vietnam. TVXQ emerged champions, while 2PM & WG ranked 4th & 9th respectively. 2PM also held a concert in Korea the other night, where Taecyeon finally discarded the cast on his right wrist.* 

(*Huh? I thought the latter occurred last year.)

- - - - - - - - - - -

8sOCX.jpg

Source: http://blog.sina.com...2d0100tdyj.html

Guest Scarletsecrets

Hi, people.

I don't know if this has been shared yet, but the Wonder Girls were featured in a special documentary on the History Channel. It's called "South Korea: A Nation to Watch". They were featured during the pop culture segment which I think was aired about 30-35 minutes or so into the documentary. The segment itself is more SNSD-biased, but they were mentioned, albeit briefly.

I want to say "see ya soon" to qoxie. Man, you turned this thread into an unmissable place for following our girls journey, and it's gonna be hard to keep it like that in your absence. I guess we will try our best.

Hope you'll pass by sometimes in the next months (especially if something big happens, let's cheer together).

Thanks so much for all. :)

--

BTW Mark PD has arrived in Singapore (he checked in Foursquare a few minutes ago) and he's missing last year trip with the Wonder Girls ^_^

8b04cba7833385b15a918e5e3e36a145_large.png

97bbaaefc4f0146a104fad8c64239a84_large.png

Guest aloversrendezvous

We're going to miss you, qoxie. Thank you is really not enough to express how much information, updates and support for the girls that you have shared with us. Hopefully we'll hear from you, every now and then. Take care, qoxie!

----

tumblr_lov06x6fsh1qbaabno1_500.jpg

Another picture of Sunye with a fan at Zimele Happy Hour

Credit: wonderfulwondergirls.tumblr.com and baidu

Guest jcsmark

One of the photos (with Sunye) was deleted due to a fan spat at Baidu -- the messages were also deleted, but I think one WF was unhappy with the other for not obeying a WG manager's request to stop photographing? -- but I found a leftover thumbnail image at his account & resized it.

He said he will also uploaded more over the next few days.

*quoted image*

Here's a bigger picture of the one with Sunye

20110724qingdaohotellob.jpg

Another from the same Wonderful

20110724qingdaohotellob.jpg

Credit love【WG】@ Wonder Girls Baidu Bar

Guest V.Wonderful_Mike

OMG I just found this and that's so fun

Min Sun Ye (WGs's leader): 162cm

CL(2ne1's leader): 162cm

Park GyuRi (KARA's leader): 162cm