Jyp's Wonder Girls (원더걸스) Official Thread 2

Guest `starry.night

• Replies 39.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest vietboi_tuan

It's SunMi. Look at the pose she does. She always sit like that. I'm like 90% sure it's her.

OH MO! SunYe and YeEun look sooooo pretty. Joo as well. I want to see a group picture of everyone at

SoHee's birthday.

SoHee is sooo boss. Seem like everyone from JYPE came out to her birthday.

Guest qoxie

FOqga.jpg

Source: http://trans.wenweipo.com/gb/news.wenweipo.com/2011/06/28/IN1106280117.htm

*SNS = Chinese jargon for 'social media'. I decided to stick wth the former reference; Singaporeans love acronyms ^^

Korean entertainment companies' deft use of SNS for overseas markets

Wen Wei Po 2011-06-28

According to Korea's AsiaE newspaper report, "TGIF" has become indispensable promotional tools for Korean entertainment companies. TGIF stands for "Twitter, Google (Youtube), iPhone & Facebook". The major agencies have already created specialized SNS (Social Networking Service) teams to manage the aforementioned platforms. These SNS teams are more influential than management & publicity teams.

SM Entertainment's recent concerts in France benefited from TGIF. The agency had started their own Youtube portal in June 2009, which henceforth became their main promotional tool. A SME New Media official said that mutual discussions were underway even before Youtube entered Korea. SME targets the global marketplace, & Youtube uploads can help generate localized buzz without the company actually promoting there. In this way, SNSD's 'Gee' MV became one of the most-searched Kpop videos.

JYP Entertainment also formed their online team, which makes use of various web portals & a worldwide fanbase to interact with. Park Jin Young is arguably Korea's SNS pioneer. During WONDERGIRLS's 'Tell Me' promotions in 2006 [sic], he uploaded a personal BTS video filmed in America & it went viral. He also tweeted photos of him cooking instant noodles & eating rice cakes, boosting his proteges' popularity.

YG Entertainment was no latecomer with its own SNS team too. During G-Dragon's promotions in 2009, it was active on Me2Day & generated very good publicity. The likes of Sandara & G-Dragon were perceived to have a stiff image, but YGE uploaded interesting photos from their daily lives which did much to change impressions.

Reportedly, SNS already accounts for 40% of music promotions. TGIF allows entertainment companies to switch from talent producers to become media publicists. YGE's official portal is well-known for its diverse content. Besides audio music & performance clips, they also launched 'YG On Air' to directly broadcast their singers' events. These also come with English subtitles, enabling overseas fans to watch the performances within a week.

JYPE also created "Real" (real-life) content for all their artistes on its portal. The uploads feature BTS footage & backstage moments with the singers. To engage with overseas fans, it added English subtitles & would also organize occasional interactive (chat) sessions.

SME treats Facebook as a perfect media platform. For their recent concerts in France, it provided prompt updates & its uploaded videos featured their singers hitting town as well as airport scenes. Its coverage was faster than even the Korean entertainment media's.

SNS is seen as a form of communication between singer & fans. A Star Empire offcial said that SNS now accounts for about 40% of overall music promotions. The companies would upload 2~3 videos every week. Since SNS responses differ in various countries, they would also formulate different strategies according to circumstances. For example, Korea fans prefer Me2Day, Japanese fans are gravitating towards Daum, while Southeast Asian, American & European fans are fond of Twitter.

The companies are also studying how to utilize TGIF more effectively. The SME New Media official said that TGIF research is already a neccessity for the agencies. Moreover, the Internet allows for info gathering which helpd them develop marketing strategies. Take the successful SM TOWN concerts in France as an example. The agency had conducted prior online research for Europe, & found the French to have the most enthusiasism for SME's artistes.

Guest *bluebutterfly*

Credit: fyjypnation @ tumblr

]110629 JOO’s Twitter

사진 투척!! ㅋㅋ 어이.. 이쁘게 차려입은 언니들 거기 왜 모이셨나>_<~~~

Throwing a picture!! keke Hey.. Why are the unnies that are dressed up all pretty sitting together over there>_<~~~

2Ye and Joo look so pretty in the picture! ^^

Credit: wild2daytranslations @ twitter

JUNHO @ SOHEE You're hiding under the table, but I've found you keke happy birthday ~~~!

YUBIN @ JUNHO hehe let's~ Talking about kitties is nice~

JUNHO @ YUBIN Let's continue talking about our cats later...

Been checking up the Special Olympics broadcasting details....

wonderstruck -- is there any TV or cable coverage in Italy? The Games have already started.

What about our French & Middle East WFs lurking here?

Highlights (but not the live ceremony) will be transmitted by public channel RaiSport2 according to the Italian sporting newspaper "La Gazzetta dello Sport". The newspaper cites also the ESPN3 live feed on the internet (which is blocked in my region as you anticipated).

So, it's just a chance, but I'll be ready to record the highlights. Got a set-top box with hard disk, and if they'll show a WG segment I can transfer it to YT.

BTW, on the ESPN page they refer of XBOX streaming and phone/tablet apps.

Guest hrmmmhum

^ That's cool! :D And she sang it, too.

Did you guys hear about public protests in Athens against the media and the government? They're going on in the streets. I hope our girls will be okay :( And right when the Special Olympics have started! But this is probably a good time to get global attention, although a protester claimed that that's not their goal. Read more about it here:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-13777429

Guest jcsmark

^

Heard about it too on the news today. I hope the girls will have a safe trip to Greece.

I was looking to see if there'd be live streaming for the closing ceremony (other than ESPN3) and I found this ERT World channel (broadcasted live from Greece).

I think the Closing ceremony might be available to watch here. I read a few comments and links to this page saying that the Opening ceremony was shown here too.

http://www.coolstreaming.us/channel/52022/Ert%20world.html

Guest r1988

^

^

OMG I didnt know I hope the girls will have a safe trip

JOO has dinner with Wonder Girls members Sunye and Yenny

joo-and-wonder-girls-600x450.jpg

Via twitter, JOO recently posted a picture where she’s enjoying dinner at a restaurant with Wonder Girls members Sunye and Yenny . Along with the photo, she also wrote: “A picture!! Keke. Hey.. Why are the prettily dressed unnies gathered over there >_<~~~”

JOO looks very cute with her bow while Yenny and Sunye pose happily with peace signs, showing off the JYP family love.

joo-twitter.jpg

Source: JOO’s twitter

Credit: AIIKPOP

Tip: muthen

Guest qoxie

^

^

ERT World is the international channel. 

It airs selections from the local ERT channels & is aimed at Greek expats & diaspora, so the TV programming is different in this sense.

The question here is whether it will also show the closing ceremony live (or delayed or just highlights), since ESPN3 has bought the US territorial rights, for example.

The ERT home portal I linked to earlier has a searchable TV-schedule menu, including for ERT World.

But the listings they publish are limited to 3 days, so the 4/7 schedule will only be available on 2/7 (Sat) unless someone can find another source.

wonderstruck -- Thanks for the quick reply.

Events of this scale usually also get mentions on current-affairs news bulletins, outside of the dedicated host coverage.

I hope netizens won't miss out if European TV networks film WG rehearsals, BTS moments or quick interviews.

- - - - - - 

Someone asked. The Chinese translation I saw for JOO's tweet is as follows:

*throws* photo!! Keke Oh, why are the dolled-up unnies gathered over there?

Cr: i5205u0 @ WGTW

Guest qoxie

Wynter Gordon mentioned WG in an interview for the auspOp blog a few days ago!

EDIT: I personally speculate this is more for the Nickoleon telemovie OST, as with the US songwriters who have come on board lately.

"There’s this girl group from Korea," she continues excitedly. "K-Pop is becoming really big in the US. I just started worked with the Wonder Girls camp, met with them and we did our first song just two weeks ago. I don’t go as hard with the writing anymore just because I’ve been busy with touring my own music, but when it happens, I’m always up for it."

OdIL0.jpg

Source: http://auspop.blogsp...ter-gordon.html

Guest valentino_rossi46

Yubin twitter translation from Yubdot

bored Choco rolling on the ground QT @WGyubin: 바닥에서 심심하다고 뒹굴던 쪼꼬 Choco yfrog.com/ke89735387j

let's continue our talk about cats some time later... QT @dlwnsghek: @WGyubin 우린 고양이 얘기나 마저 나중에 합시다...

haha ok~ i like cat talks~ QT @WGyubin: @dlwnsghek ㅎㅎ 그럽시다~ 야옹이들얘기 좋지요~

thanks lol but he (probably Choco) isn't that playful as he seems.. so brusqueTT QT @WGyubin: @soseam ㅎㅎ 감사합니다 근데 얘가 보기보다 애교가없어요 ㅠㅠ 넘 도도해요 ㅠ

Guest qoxie

Randy Chung (chooney7) tweeted they are leaving this afternoon.

A day earlier than what the press reported? So Sunye's church thing was in the morning?

YS7jj.jpg

Wonder Girls의 두 번째 유럽공연! Greece Athens Special Olympics! 잘 다녀오겠습니당^^* http://yfrog.com/h2qw0aaj

Guest VenusValentine

Is that Air France ? the girls will take direct flight to Greece ? then after Olympics perform they will flight back to NYC right ?

if it the route then it's good, no jet lag to deal with ^^

Guest Mia_Mia

so WG left already?... too bad there aren't any airport pictures.... I do love seeing what they wear to the airport, each girl just has so much individual style...

just some exciting news for g-ye fans

exciting news for all g-ye fans!!!... i know its been a long time since there was any interesting news for us but this is sure to make all the old g-ye stans really happy!.... purrple is BACK after a two year break!... she uploaded a video and even pasted a link for a new g-ye site.... i think its starting on the 1st of July... for new fans, purrple is the bigggest , hugest g-ye stan!...

well here is the video link...

Archived