Jyp's Wonder Girls (원더걸스) Official Thread 2

Guest `starry.night

Guest qoxie

I can only understand bits so I won't translate it, can anyone else? :P

Sunmi: @kimhana419 Sister, I'm so hungry.. How are you? Take care sister.

Sunmi: @WGMARKPD @wgsohee Let's have a meal together next time hehe

Yoobin: Happy birthday Sohee ~~ light the candles.

San E: Happy birthday Sohee! Watching the Lovesick MV & reminiscing... those were good times. Wishing you a happy day.

LIM: @WGsohee Sohee happy birthday. 

JYP: (the Hangul is same as the English).

Seulong: Happy birthday Sohee! You are slowly getting old hahaha

- - - - - - - -

I think the translator got part of Seulong's 2nd tweet wrong after cross-checking with Google Translate.

Yeeun: Our Sohee is a recluse... how amazing

Seulong: @WGyenny Saw this sexy & beautiful blond foreigner walking in Apgujeong. Went up for a look & she turned out to be Yeeun?!

Yeeun: @2AMONG kekekekeke I'm born & bred Korean.

• Replies 39.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest *bluebutterfly*

^ Thank you qoxie. :)

Seulong's tweets make me laugh though haha. xD

The boys in jyp nation are teasing Sohee saying she's old but she still looks so young. I think she looks younger than some the idols younger than her.

A few more pictures from the China Mobile Wireless Music Awards.

2hcn48i.jpg

2e6djd3.jpg

2n6dsmo.jpg

2qbbpfn.jpg

5zi6c4.jpg

credit: Manmiaoyouli @ baidu

Guest qoxie

I think Lim's parents went to visit her in Korea because the game was played on June 23, 2011. I think she also went to watch the taekwondo championships with her parents too.

The June 23 match was in Jordan (2012 Olympics soccer qualifier 2nd leg).

Korea had hosted 1st leg on June 19.

I think her father also wrote on Facebook (June 16) about flying to Korea.

As Yeeun's sister said, WG is busy despite returning home. 

There's the Arirang recording to complete, followed by presumably Special Olympics rehearsals in between the China Mobile event (& making time for their individual social lives).

- - - - - - - - -

Okay I just had a thought, what if the plans have changed and their Korean comeback will come before their American debut?

Honestly it looks like they are becoming more involved with the SK side for now, and then they will be performing at the next JYPNation concert. It seems that within such a short time frame, that a Korean release is more plausible. But then again, they could be just practicing for the Olympics special.

Yeeun tweeted some time back indicating WG will be in NYC during the 3rd week of July (if not earlier).

@JayJasonYoo I'll be in NY! are u coming?!

— HA:TFELT (@WGyenny)

June 14, 2011

Guest qoxie

JIA tweeted a photo of the birthday party for Sohee

It was sent very late (almost midnight in Korean time), & yet noticeably the cakes aren't cut yet.

mHYTw.jpg

소희生日集会中.....20岁了!生日快乐哦!哈哈哈!!

Translated: Sohee's birthday gathering... 20 years old! Happy birthday! Hahaha!!

Guest *bluebutterfly*

Sohee was trending?! oww.... I missed it again! I thought it was from yesterday because Sohee was also trending because of her call in to Youngstreet.

It's a shame #HappyBdaySohee didn't make it though even though it was planned. =/

And yay~ Jia uploaded a picture from Sohee's party. I wonder if there will be more photos that will be shared from Sohee's bday.

Guest qoxie

Found new China Mobile photos.

Love the group chemistry & politesse as they collected their award: the helping hands, little glances, formal bows, hands clasped in front (except Yeeun, whose pose recalls the Artistes 311 fundraising in HK), Sohee never holding the trophy in one hand (like Westerners do).

Their performance set might be beset by sound problems, but what stage charisma! So photogenic too!

aBPCS.jpg

MDPnj.jpg

igkNL.jpg

mKYKh.jpg

i1FWB.jpg

oiua7.jpg

qkceN.jpg

L3Xh6.jpg

QOwhZ.jpg

DAc2S.jpg

iyW23.jpg

OAfMT.jpg

WzeTS.jpg

Mqol1.jpg

iYNvN.jpg

ZrzT7.jpg

5vDar.jpg

095jf.jpg

Yo6vd.jpg

Dg5yM.jpg

u4niP.jpg

p1tmA.jpg

2psiN.jpg

CN22o.jpg

3ELuy.jpg

ik60B.jpg

o5pXO.jpg

EaGu2.jpg

jPjfc.jpg

fscUj.jpg

Source: http://izhuomo.diand...20-782bcb32ff27

- - - - - - - - -

A couple more.

DsdfX.jpg

WcIZH.jpg

Cr: as tagged

Guest qoxie

Naver Search is showing a lot of China Mobile articles.

Guess the impressiveness of WG's feat has sunk in in Korea.

Many quoted JYPE Korea in their reports, so their press statement might have been the onus of the improved news coverage.

kgdmh.jpg

Source: http://tw.news.yahoo.com/article/url/d/a/110627/139/2u1en.html

WG wins a China Mobile Muguhui Music Award

Chosun Ilbo Chinese 2011-06-27 16:54

Korean girlgroup WONDERGIRLS won the 'Top Bestselling Overseas Group' prize at the China Mobile Muguhui Music Awards.

The 5th Muguhui Awards was held on June 24 at the Beijing Workers' Stadium. WG appeared to rousing applause & cheers from the whole audience, & the girls responded with smiles & by waving their hands. After accepting their award, they performed 2 songs '2 Different Tears' & 'Nobody' which thrilled the crowd. WG is currently preparing their new album.

Guest xjjjLOVE

^ I wouldn't have any objections to a Seulong/Yeeun pairing!!

He's such a flirt xD ~

I can't wait to get more input on what went down at the birthday party though >.<

I hope Sohee has a good one, I still can't believe our mandoo is already an adult!

Guest iloverkpopwg

glad that there are such interets in your girls 

p.s did sohee already have her nylon shoot today

Guest jcsmark

WG will perform 3 songs at the Special Olympics! Daebak :D

Wonder Girls to perform at the closing ceremony for the Special Olympics in Athens

by VITALSIGN on June 27, 2011 at 9:58 pm

The Wonder Girls have been invited to represent Korea at the 2011 Special Olympics closing ceremony in Athens!

A representative of JYP Entertainment revealed, “The Wonder Girls have been invited to attend the closing ceremony of the Special Olympics in Athens, Greece on July 4th. They’ll be heading off on June 30th to embark on a congratulatory performance as Korea’s representatives, in addition to performing at the closing ceremony.” “

The Wonder Girls will be performing their hit tracks, “Tell Me” and “Nobody“. For their closing ceremony, they’ll be expressing the beauty of Korea with a performance of “Arirang“.

The girls said, “We’re both grateful and happy that we can be a part of such a meaningful event. We hope that people will feel joy with our songs and feel closer to Korea with our ‘Arirang’. We will do our best to present the best stage possible.”

After their performances in Athens, the girls will be returning to the States to prepare for their album.

Credit Allkpop

Guest hrmmmhum

@hearmiso OMG good catch! I'm trying to make out her hair in the picture, haha. There's something that looks blonde but I don't think she went that light.

The hiking group is tweeting each other again ^^

WGyubin Yubin Kim

@dlwnsghek ㅎㅎ 그럽시다~ 야옹이들얘기 좋지요~

22 minutes ago

dlwnsghek Real Junho LEE

@WGsohee 탁자밑에 숨어있는데 고걸 찾았네 ㅋㅋ 축하했다 생일 ~~~!!

22 minutes ago

dlwnsghek Real Junho LEE

@WGyubin 우린 고양이 얘기나 마저 나중에 합시다...

23 minutes ago

I think Junho told Sohee something about finding her hiding under the table and then told her happy birthday. According to the translator, they keep saying cat, too. I think they mean Sohee XD LOL Sohee Cat is hiding under tables now, huh?

@heartmiso Oh! So I'm not the only one? I also thougt it's Sunmi XD Because of her mouth... It's Sunmi =D Now I'm more convinced =D OMG! So now it's sure, Sunmi was with all WGs to celebrate Sohee's birthday... Sooo nice ^^ Well I'm not surprised she was there. I mean, WG is her family too, and it's Sohee's birthday~ MiSo *o* I wish we can have some pictures... =D

While I'm talking about Sunmi. I couldn't see the new picture of Sunmi and her new haircolor, the website didn't work for me... Is it possible that someone upload it, or send it to me please? I don't remember but I think it's @qoxie who wrote the post (not sure). I really want to see the new pic of Sunmi TT__TT

Of course I can't leave this thread before saying...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY AHN SOHEE~~*

Sohee, we miss you~ We love & support you forever~

Please stay healthy, be happy, take care! Sohee JJANG!

Chic Sohee~~ Still adorable to me =D

i37251_2any1vip.jpg

CR - 2any1vip@tumblr

Sohee is a real fashionista!! But she's the best for Pucca *o* XD

i37252_keyeppeo.jpg

CR - keyeppeo@tumblr

I told you she is the best for Pucca =D

i37255_rynna.png

OMG Mandu >.< Her smile... Why so cute? =P

i37253_jungraeki.jpg

I can't believe Sohee is 19 (20 in Korea)~

Right now I'm 19 too ^^ So I'm the same age as Sunmi/Sohee until the end of the year haha I'm 91'er actually, but usually I have the same age as 92'er =D Anyway this is not interesting XD I want to say, Sohee still looks like the "KPOP maknae" to me. She just looks so young! Baby-face Sohee, forever maknae XD

Guest qoxie

it's Sunmi *quoted image* ~~ i just notice that pose ^^ nose and mouth..it's our Sunmi TT.TT

Not sure... My first impression was that might be Nichkhun, since there was a 2nd cake & his birthday was 3 days before Sohee's.

This is more for the JYP Nation lurkers:

The other 2 members of missA launched their weibos today. Already 5k followers each after 6 hours.

FEI tweeted to remind that MIN & Suzy can't type Chinese (they can do pinyin spelling at best) & she will try to help them.

Some WFs are asking her to get WG to join weibo too.

http://weibo.com/n/missASuzy

http://weibo.com/n/missAMin

- - - - - - -

7OtDH.jpg

Cr: as tagged

- - - - - - -

Wow, this one goes way back.

This was this Kpop girlgroup trio called Y.E.S that, back in 2007, was moving into China around the same time as WG started doing showcases there.

They never made it big, & I'm not sure they ever launched in Korea either.

Well, someone tweeted a photo of them covering 'Nobody' while recording for a Guangzhou radio station.

(Checking around, they made some public appearances in HK last year too).

jdBp6.jpg

Cr: as tagged.

Not sure... My first impression was that might be Nichkhun, since there was a 2nd cake & his birthday was 3 days before Sohee's.

LOL!!! Nickhun?? hahahha... I'm sure it's Sunmi coz Sohee tweeted Sunmi before and said that when Sohee return back to Korea..they'll celebrate Sunmi's bday together.. All JYP Nation's bday were celebrated too I guess ^^ ~

Guest r1988

@qoxie lol nickhun really ?!!

lol Im also 100% sure its not nickhon or any other man b/c u can tell its a woman lol not a man

yes her whole face its not showing but from the lips and the nose I also believe its sunmi beside sohee did tell sunmi in twitter we will celebrate my birthday together

mHYTw.jpg

Im so proud of girls to be part of such important huge event and Im also glad that their are many articles regarding WG representing korea in the Special Olympics

Guest *bluebutterfly*

I think it's not Khun too because if it were him, his arm would look larger than that. That arm is a girls's arm. ^^

Sunmi is still close with the girls as well as miss a so they always keep and contact and it is most likely that they'll invite her to Sohee's party.

Wow. Jia is smart haha and good at taking pictures. She let us have a sneaky peek at Sunmi.

Guest qoxie

Been checking up the Special Olympics broadcasting details....

ERT (Hellenic Broadcasting Corporation; their 'EPT' logo adopts the Greek alphabet) is the host broadcaster.

The closing ceremony will air on ET1, one of their domestic TV channels.

Scheduled start time is 9pm local time on 4/7. Athens is UTC/GMT +3 hrs.

http://translate.goo...ie=windows-1253

They also have an international channel (ERT World) for Europe & Americas/Australia but their website only publishes 3-day schedules.

Nothing listed for 4/7 yet.

Looks like they have daily hour-long reports though, but only after midnight local time,

http://tvradio.ert.gr/search.asp

Their website homepage touts a webcast but I think it only streams their news programs.

Possibly only at certain times as well. I got timed out while clicking to connect.

There is a photo gallery of the opening ceremony, though.

http://www.ert.gr/

The Special Olympics website says ESPN3.com holds the exclusive rights for the Opening & Closing ceremonies feed within the USA.

This is ESPN's live broadband channel (not carried by cable & satellite providers).

Their wiki bio touts a global reach, but apparently only the Middle East (& Oceania) for the Asia region.

http://www.specialol...Games-2011.aspx

wonderstruck -- is there any TV or cable coverage in Italy? The Games have already started.

What about our French & Middle East WFs lurking here?

Archived