• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest qoxie

^

The originals in Sina's photo album are bigger if anyone wants them:

http://slide.ent.sin...?img=363898#p=1

Here's the accompanying text:

Sina Entertainment. JYP Korea's WONDERGIRLS attended China Mobile's Miguhui Awards last night, winning the Top Bestselling Overseas Group prize for the year. The quintet drew enthusiastic cheers from the audience as they walked the red carpet.

- - - - - - - - - - -

LIM updated her me2day during lunchtime (some 3 hours ago) that it's raining heavily in Korea. 

She was in a car. So the girls have returned home. 

What a topsy-turvy trip; there was rainstorms & massive floods in Beijing when WG went there too.

BTW Saw this on weibo last night, & the word has since spread among Chinese WFs too: 

Sunmi has apparently dyed her hair. Either to blonde or brown; the Chinese word for either color is informally interchangable.

Guest valentino_rossi46

^

^ I hate to blame any fangroup but I must say Chinese-Sunmijjanggers are just annoying ><

Not ><

Seriously, they didnt help promote Sun Mi name, they didnt protect their idols, they are just very selfish fans

Guest yozaman84

^

^ I hate to blame any fangroup but I must say Chinese-Sunmijjanggers are just annoying ><

Not ><

Seriously, they didnt help promote Sun Mi name, they didnt protect their idols, they are just very selfish fans

ya u noe the chinese wf fandom break apart cos of chinese sunmijjanggers. they hate on lim so so so much n saw so many crazy thing abt lim. now the wf fandome there so split apart n they even create their own team n create a wg baidu board that only allow sunmi, sunye, yeeun, sohee, yubin thing. the official wg board not many ppl go already.

not many chinese sunmijjangers but they go try to ask other members fans to come support n hate lim. they are so selfish, no wonder now the fandom keep splitting.

whenever people post abt lim, they go create havoc n write stupid thing there. the new baidu board they create, they even cut away lim pic. like the event in china yesterdy the pic got sunye-lim-yubin-sohee-yeeun on stage in this order. then they go post a pic of yubin-sohee-yeeun n a separate pic of sunye becoz they don't want lim there.

really selfish those chinese sunmijjangers!!! at first alot of other members fans follow them n hate lim, then lim fan came n help lim, then sunye fans went to support lim coz maybe sunye always with lim, then some yeeun fans ok with lim too, then yubin fans are ok but yubin fans not alot. but now they see their support so little so they go create that stupid board n wan to spread sunmi name but hate on lim again. so sad not many people go wg baidu board already. last time wg baidu board is in top 50 (got about 10,000+boards) which is very good coz it is a non-chinese artiste, but now it became only rank 200+

lim chinese is not too bad n better than others cannot speak but chinese sunmijjangers just scold her talk too much n talk so bad n tell lim to just let sunye speak. but lim can speak chinese n shld let her speak not always sunye speak. the rest cannot speak so lim to speak is no wrong.

yestreday performance they just blame lim and push all blame to lim. non-wfs also think that lim is so bad, this is very sad

Guest valentino_rossi46

^

^ Because of many fans like them, WGs name is dropped, and while most of international WFs (Im not sure about Korean) keep being manner-fuls, Chinese-WFs now (mostly Sunmi fans) are acting so childish, they didnt help to promote WGs in China at all. They even make WFs as well as Sunmi-fans look bad ><

While the girls are so active in China, Chinese WFs are dropped and didnt support them enough ><. And they are so selfish in sharing information too

Lim's Chinese is not so good as native speaker or foreigner who live in China for a long time, but she's not bad, her Chinese is definitely better than Sun ye, so she's a spokeperson of WGs in China is nothing wrong, like Ye Eun is a spokeperson in US while Sun Ye is a spokeperson in Korea

--------

Btw, in Youngstreet yesterday, HC talked about SoHee alot, but no translations yet

110624 #Youngstreet HeeDJ is blushing while talking about Sohee lol

110624 #Youngstreet HeeDJ is talking about Sohee ^o^

then after several songs was played,

110624 #Youngstreet HeeDJ keep talking about Sohee....><

---------------

Sorry for those feel annoying because we mentioned HC a lot, but he is an perfect example of loyal WF ><, nowsadays, very few Korean celebs show their love to WGs but ><

Guest qoxie

^

^

Sigh. How true. Not just Baidu too *hint*

Chinese Sunmijiangers also heckle JYP's weibo whenever he tweets. Some even call him names; luckily he don't understand the language.

WG is still popular. But as an international fanbase, the bandwagoners had moved on & the leftovers have splintered into various member-biased cliques for good.

The overall interest wanes: you can see how little grassroots buzz this China Mobile event is drawing, on the whole.

I had initially thought WG had flown over after their major China backer called in a favor. Like, as guest presenter or something.

But getting the award (WG's 5m+ downloads even beats GAON's own top 2010 charttopper in Korea), along with next week's Special Olympics event, are 2 outstanding milestones.

This fortnight will be looked back as one of the highlights of their career, yet how many WFs realize it?

They had largely missed out on the significance of, for example, Dec 31 (JiangsuTV made WG one of highest-paid TV performers in China) & Aug 21 (WG had the entertainment spotlight in Korea, China, Southeast Asia & Taiwan on the same night).

To my mind, WG's future lies on converting new fans.

Yet I sometimes wonder if potential converts will get turned off if they see some WF sites promulgating WG to be a 6- or 7-member group.

It's one thing if some fans who want to do this, but let's also not confuse the public about the active lineup.

Guest yozaman84

^

^ Because of many fans like them, WGs name is dropped, and while most of international WFs (Im not sure about Korean) keep being manner-fuls, Chinese-WFs now (mostly Sunmi fans) are acting so childish, they didnt help to promote WGs in China at all. They even make WFs as well as Sunmi-fans look bad ><

While the girls are so active in China, Chinese WFs are dropped and didnt support them enough ><. And they are so selfish in sharing information too

Lim's Chinese is not so good as native speaker or foreigner who live in China for a long time, but she's not bad, her Chinese is definitely better than Sun ye, so she's a spokeperson of WGs in China is nothing wrong, like Ye Eun is a spokeperson in US while Sun Ye is a spokeperson in Korea

yes, i understand i don't want to blame them so much too. sunmi fans always say "no sunmi no point watch" then they don't want go support wg n see them at airport. then wg so embarass not many fans welcome them. one article say "more guards than fans at airport". if they do not stop they going no where, n they keep saying lim is so bad n make ppl want sunmi back. n u can see before they go to create another board, the sunmi news always very high view count cos they keep spamming it to make it higher. they don't even allow fans to create a lim photo thread there :crazy:

why selfish sharing inforomatino? actually the information is not lock coz baidu board cannot lock it.

n i think lim chinese is about the same as sunye. lim is good at vocab but her pronounciation is poor (sometimes i don't understand wat she saying at all). sunye pronounciation is better but her vocab not that good. i think both can speak but chinese sunmijjangers very rude to tell lim to shut up totally n do not talk at all. i think is just lim is nervous so she always stutter. at least she is better than other members so she shld get a chance to speak in chinese.

hongkong like lim, treat her well so it is only hongkong wg fanclub will post news abt lim at baidu board. baidu baord is like daum board, it is a very popular place for all fans n if the baidu board is high rank it means popular. but even hkfanclub post at baidu board, only a few fans reply.

lim chinese fans seldom disturb others coz maybe not alot but chinese sunmijjangers go to lim baord and spoil it. they post rude comment n make the whole board messy.

Guest qoxie

Originally logged on to post this. The WG pics in the first source below have no watermarks.

oL0ho.jpg

Source: http://ent.ynet.com/...25/5842288.html

Super-popular WONDERGIRLS is the top bestselling overseas group

YNET 2011-06-25 13:48:21

Famous JYP Entertainment's popular girlgroup WONDERGIRLS attended the China Mobile Wireless Music Awards Miguhui last night. They won a prize for being the top bestselling overseas group of the year.

On the night, WG was enthusiastically cheered on by the audience the moment they walked the red carpet. The quintet received their trophy from guest presenters Godfrey Tsao & Jane Zhang. They expressed their thanks to their China fans in fluent Mandarin. WG then performed '2 Different Tears' & 'Nobody', raising the atmosphere to a high.

- - - - - - -

CORjT.jpg

Source: http://hk.news.yahoo...-212854524.html

WG marches into Hollywood

Ming Pao 2011-06-23 5:28pm

[Ming Pao news] US-based WONDERGIRLS is starring in a telemovie 'Wonder Girls At The Apollo'. It will be produced by powerhouse singer Mariah Carey's husband Nick Cannon. The plotline has the girls competing in song & dance against Nick Cannon's proteges School Gyrls at New York's Apollo Theater.

- - - - - - - - -

Everyone saw Heechul's hilarious twitpic yesterday? http://yfrog.com/hslxxgkj

He & JYP (plus the photographer -- Heechul said "3 men") were feeling sorry about themselves over candlelight dinner, roses & wine.

Heechul again called JYPE "the agency of his heart" while pining about unrequited love. Oh Sohee, do give him a call already,..

WG receiving their award

cr : momolyfans@YT

^

^

^

^

^

^ Korean WFs are still very mannerfuls... but they were all quite shocked bout Hye Lim's airport style yesterday.. they said the other members really have that celebrity vibe in terms of their airport style..but Hye Lim's..looks like she had just finished her exercise routine ^^ so some said it's like a new trend and also looks cute..but some also said that they really hope that she could learn to be more stylish or at least have that 'celebrity' vibe from other members too because she is also a celebrity  sweatingbullets.gif < not bad comments though.. it's just as an advice because they don't want her to be kind of out of space again... 

And the funny thing is that.. they keep mentioning about how Sohee stomach looks bigger (in the picture, she looks like a pregnant woman) hahahha..it's just because of her large cloth and her bag is the same color as her cloth (so it looks bigger) ^^ a lot of them were praising YeBin couple because they look like much more like Hollywood stars in the airport (referring to the pictures pose)wub.gif

Guest valentino_rossi46

^

^ Yup I was shocked too. Lim often wears very simple compare to other girls, but yesterday is quite unbelievable for a superstar wear something like that at the airport. She used to wear this training pant and orange shirt went she took a walked in the park in NY but for a airport with many reporters and fans is >-<

From the clip, we can see Sun Ye is very kind, she supported Lim when Lim forgot the word :)

Guest qoxie

heartmiso -- Thanks for posting the video link. Was looking for it.

Agree with the above comments about SunLim's Mandarin proficiency.

I'll also add this: Sunye also speaks like it's scripted, while LIM has more of an off-the-cuff conversational style.

It's obvious Sunye has learned rote Mandarin sentences by heart, so I wish she would teach LIM this habit too.

As for the airport clothes, I think everyone wore retreads except Sunye.

Saw some fashion pics circulating yesterday on weibo: Sohee & Yoobin had worn what they wore before.

Sunye apparently wore Chanel, & it looks new(er).

Sohee also borrowed what Sunye had previously worn (it was the same design) for the red-carpet segment at the event.

Guest qoxie

Backstage staff said they celebrate Sohee's Birthday in china. 

Cr: WGCN_management @ twitter

- - - - - - - - - -

jdH7x.jpg

VMEDn.jpg

FRTH9.jpg

nbMFS.jpg

Cr: as tagged

9ARnV.jpg

gtdS2.jpg

kxrce.jpg

54jRv.jpg

mf045.jpg

Cr: as tagged

Guest TiFFaNiZeD

yoobin looks like a grandma in that picture O_O I don't think that makeup suits her!

and whyy no airport pics of lim? ><

Ok. I'm not into couples, but since I believe too that Heechul deserves one of the highest stands among Korean Wonderfuls... JY send Sohee already!! :lol:

BTW nice pic, these guys dining among roses :P

--

Sigh, honestly I subscribe totally qoxie's point of view on uninformed English sites.

They are incapable of promoting the Wonder Girls despite their undeniable merits.

If I got to become a convert (2 yrs ago) it has nothing to do with Allkpop, or the other generalist Kpop sites.

I found my motivations in YouTube, Wonder Subbers, supportive fan sites like WonderGeneration, Coolsmurf, and Wonderfuls World -- which was chronicling in great detail the summer of '09. See the facts, connect the dots, fall in love ^^

I don't have the means to know about and express an opinion on the Chinese fandom rifts, because I don't understand the language.

Instead I'll venture into some thoughts about the Korean press, hoping not to be completely wrong (correct me if so). In fact my little knowledge comes just from English translations.

What I came to believe is that K-Wonderfuls are still a great fanbase, but the media in Korea are acting like bandwagoners: out of see, out of the spotlight. Excepted the MNet / MTV TV series, there's little effort in following the Wonder Girls new life out of homeland, despite the importance for Korea of the Hallyu wave expanding in the world. Sometimes I fell like maybe the Ministry of culture is more aware of our girls than the press.

For example, I don't know how many "postcard" launches have appeared, with just a pic and less than ten lines of light, unfocused text. Too many. There are some reports from time to time, but the last time Section TV sent reporters in the US is 2 years ago. Now they go only when the girls are in Korea :vicx: .

In contrast, the Chinese media seems to have some more informed and instructive articles (despite the fractured fanbase there).

What's really bad is that Allkpop, being an American-Korean production, is focused mostly on K-Media, perpetuating the silly, useless articles and being almost oblivious of the Asian part of the girls work, which is effort-wise occupying 50% of their time and success-wise the most rewarding.

If the Korean Media changed their tune, Allkpop would be following along automatically. *sigh*

Guest VenusValentine

lol why such a negative atmosphere, while we have such a positive achievement from the girls :sweatingbullets:

anyway, in a bright note, now we can wait for our girls next event in July 4th , maybe they will surprise us with some announcements at that time ? :w00t:

And the red carpet pics, they look really like businesswoman especially Sohee :wub:

Archived