Jyp's Wonder Girls (원더걸스) Official Thread 2

Guest `starry.night

Guest ah_mui

Wonder Girls Hye Rim asks, "Who wants to play a game with me?"

2011061712015510011.jpg

20 year old Hye Rim's recently uploaded picture has received netizens attention for having a baby face.

Wonder Girls member Hye Rim posted on her twitter account, "Who wants to play Boggle?" along with a picture of her holding the game.

In the picture, Hye Rim is seen holding the Boggle game, making netizens want to play it with her. Boggle is a word game where you have to find words in sequences of adjacent letters.

Netizens who saw the picture commented, "Play with me! You're so cute", "I thought you were advertising the game. You could just film a CF like this", "I'll accept your challenge, lets play", "hands up", and "You look like an elementary student wanting to play a game".

Source: Newsen

Translated by snjeung @ dkpopnews

• Replies 39.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest qoxie

Forgot to mention this but Alex Finch (aka AA-CHAN, the British tutor in Korea & a longtime WF) has included WG in his me2day translations.

He has been transcribing various idols' messages since 2009, & recently did 3 of WG's: Sohee's, Yeeun's & now LIM's.

http://aa-chan.net/b...?s=wonder+girls

Full tagged archive: http://aa-chan.net/blog/?s=me2day

The respective blog links are also posted on his twitter & facebook.

Guest valentino_rossi46

^

^ He translated a lot of Korean idols me2day, from 2NE1, BB to even unknown idols, but although he doesnt an anti, but i always wonder why did not translate any message from WGs :(. Finally, he does some :)

Ye Eun changed her FB profile photo, she uses a fan-art from YEI. This one is so beautiful <3

20100123wghaelim03.jpg

Guest lovepapupi

Lim uploaded a new photo of her. She looks very cute surrounded by crowd in NYC

323987370.jpg

I was at one of my fav place in NY yesterday~ Time Square!

credit: 

WG_Lim

Guest qoxie

Somehow no WF picked this up in Chinese cyberspace. *sigh* The remaining fanbase has become so apathetic...

Doubt WG will attend, but who knows. The organizer is China Mobile, one of their biggest backers there.

The event is also on a Friday; perhaps the girls aren't that busy that they can't fly over for a long weekend.

'Muguhui' (咪咕汇) is China Mobile's mobile music service.

Looking back, WG was also nominated for a prize in its 4th-edition awards in Dec 2009.

They didn't go then, but have otherwise participated in quite a few other China Mobile shows over the years.

Di7C3.jpg

Source: http://mclub.10086.c...=thread&id=8691

[General] 5th China Mobile Wireless Music Awards 'Muguhui' (咪咕汇) tickets up for grabs

2011-06-03 15:01

Chinese pop's top-reputed event is back. For the 5th China Mobile Wireless Music Awards 'Miguhui' (咪咕汇), Jay Chou, Hebe Tien, Kenji Wu, Chris Lee, Chen Chusheng, M.I.C. Boyband, Yu Kewei, WONDERGIRLS, Elva Hsiao, Han Geng, Jane Zhang, Dicky Cheung, Bibi Zhou, Cindy Yuan, Stefanie Sun, Ruby Lin, Mark Zhao, Godfrey Gao, Jaycee Chan, Ming Dao, Ady Ang, Nathan Lee, TWINS... will provide the most resplendent music sounds & visuals for your enjoyment. Our wireless music club has unveiled various events exclusively for members, hereby launched in its entirety! Wait till you see what's in store on June 24 at the Beijing Workers Stadium!

Omitted the rest, which details the 4 (promotional) events (June 2 to 19). The first 2 are online polls; the others are contests to win free tickets.

WG is nominated in 'Poll #1 -- Miguhui's star whom you most look forward to seeing' 投票一:【投票】咪咕汇你最期待见到的明星 http://mclub.10086.c...do=poll&pid=407

It's their only eligible category; the others are all for C-pop (China) & Mandopop (Taiwan/HK) artistes.

noX4f.jpg

The poll page also clarified that the nominees are not event participants. The actual attendees will be unveiled on the day.

Registration required to vote. See top right of webpage there to login/register.

HpOyb.jpg

Source: http://mclub.10086.c...do=poll&pid=407

Guest jcsmark

Lim the pink lover.

Plus her pink shoes, pink laptop case, pink hoodie from WGspec, pink journal, ....etc :D

limthepinklover.png

cr: WG_Lim@twitter, JANEyjK@twitter

Guest r1988

Wonder Girls’ Hye Lim shares a photo from her favorite place in New York

20110617_wondergirls_haelimnewyork.jpg

Fans of the Wonder Girls were excited to see an update from one of its members.

Hye Lim recently tweeted, “Yesterday at one of the places I enjoy the most in New York City – Times Square”. She attached a photo of herself posing in a simple, yet chic outfit against the bright backdrop of the city.

Fans responded to her tweet with, “I want to see Wonder Girls soon,” and “You have the innocent image of a high school girl.”

Source + Photo: OSEN via Nate

Credit: AIIKPOP

Guest qoxie

WG on national duty again?

Dunno if I got this right, but here's a latest report apparently saying the girls are part of South Korea's presentation for the closing ceremony of the Special Olympics World Summer Games 2011 (6/24~7/4) in Athens.

Pyeongchang is hosting the next edition (Special Olympics World Winter Games 2013). The news source, Kangwon Ilbo, is one of their regional newspapers. Yet to see this on the national media's radar.

아테네 스페셜올림픽 선수단 출국 “평창동계 기원”

강원일보 | 기사입력 2011-06-18 00:33 기사원문

2011 아테네 스페셜올림픽 세계하계대회에 출전하는 한국 선수단이 17일 이천 장애인종합훈련원에서 출정식을 갖고 20일 그리스로 출국한다.

차기 동계 대회 개최국인 한국 선수단은 이번 대회에 육상 수영 축구 농구 등 11개 종목에 선수 80명과 코치 20명이 참가, 선전을 펼친다. 2013평창동계 스페셜올림픽 세계대회 조직위원회(위원장:나경원)도 대회기간 홍보부스 운영을 비롯해 폐회식 마지막 날 인기그룹 원더걸스와 지적장애 수영선수 김진호군 등이 참여하는 퍼포먼스 등 다양한 문화예술 공연을 펼치며 다음 개최지 홍보에 나선다.

아테네 대회는 25일부터 7월4일까지 10일간 그리스에서 185개국 7,500여명의 선수단과 2만5,000명의 자원 봉사자가 참여한 가운데 열린다.

이규호기자

Source: http://www.kwnews.co...id=211061700089

Guest wonderr23

^

it mentions that Wondergirls and swimmer Kim Jin-ho will be promoting the event in the future.

___________________________________________________________________________________

Some pics shared by Russd@fantastics. His encounter with WG was at Garden State Plaza in October of 2009.

139_0.431333001308378356_3342.jpg

139_0.211709001308398222_3948.jpg

139_0.667385001308398280_7021.jpg

Credit: Russd@fantastics

Guest qoxie

Here is the Taiwanese edition of the '10Asia+Idol' book & its WG chapter.

I have already pre-ordered this. Guess it's time to check with my bookstore to see my copy will arrive.

Will see about posting clearer scans once I get hold of it.

FYI Both LIM & Sunmi were left out in the chapter's content (both pictorial & Q&A interview).

Zq87S.jpg

8RxGc.jpg

3WvOK.jpg

rBwY9.jpg

mokOj.jpg

QIoAE.jpg

EPNA5.jpg

ss9BA.jpg

6e1ng.jpg

NHYzn.jpg

1Aanq.jpg

T9iJ4.jpg

qyuAf.jpg

vLu5b.jpg

qtPMv.jpg

iD11m.jpg

VHDf0.jpg

01MPz.jpg

JF1cc.jpg

lWkY4.jpg

0swdp.jpg

nRqcN.jpg

V53UO.jpg

U1gx0.jpg

XiSGJ.jpg

ws3mm.jpg

Cr: cpbl2002c @ WGTW

Guest qoxie

Here's my English translation for the main WG article in the 10Asia book.

I will do the Q&A parts later.

Staples Center in America. WONDERGIRLS was busily posing for photos with spectators after the Jonas Brothers's concert. At every Jobros gig, WG had served as the opening act. To introduce themselves further, WG would also do this after the end of each show to connect with the public. Some 30,000 had attended Jobros's Staples Center concert today. About 300 turned up for WG's meet-&-greet, which is one-tenth of what Jobros drew.

Yet this one-tenth is what WG had not experienced before: a 'rookie stage'. 2 years ago, they gained instant prominence in Korea with their debut 'Irony'. With 'Tell Me', their popularity would sweep the entire country. Venturing overseas & re-starting from scratch, Yeeun was uninhibited in baring her soul during the interview with Korean journalists. It wasn't just due to homesickness. Being newcomers, they were also lowly show openers for other popular singers. Diligently meeting the fans, signing autographs & sharing hugs, just to achieve the "one-tenth" result, it has been a tough initiation for WG in America, vis-a-vis the universal fame they gained in Korea & on video websites.

For now, Korea's top superstars have become obscure outsiders. Park Jin Young said this decision was always going to be a gamble. For WG, the potentially big payoff is not that important. For the girls, 'brother-uncle-apparent fanclub president' Park Jin Young's decision has allowed them to re-experience a 'rookie stage', to walk relatively unrecognized on the streets, to win over the fans over with their stage performances. By constantly taking photos & sharing hugs with fans, they are gradually converting Americans one by one.

Back at their New York dorm, the group members divvied up the household chores, which was quite different from in Korea. They are mostly anonymous when outdoors. The new environment, after debuting 2.5 years ago, is like a "busy vacation" for the girls. Whether conversing or writing their diaries, they are studious in honing their English skills. They even strive to update regularly on Twitter by chronicling their daily lives. Sohee, normally quiet during interviews, was also more animated than usual in detailing their American lives. In the majority's eyes, their USA stint might seem to be uncertain & daunting. But for the girls, it may perhaps turn out to be a growing-up process not experienced since debuting.

Moreover, this second 'rookie stage' is allowing WG to re-learn how to meet & connect with fans. Back in Korea, WG had relied on the media & videos to gain instant recognition. In America, they are required to use "face-to-face" tactics to raise their marketability & to accumulate fans. For now, they needed to embrace all fans, to the extent of directly interacting with them on Twitter. During the 'Tell Me', 'So Hot' & 'Nobody' eras, WG was like young girls performing in Park Jin Young's concerts. Yet, they are now able to communicate directly with the fans, & to express their own feelings.

Of course, there is also a sense of apprehension deep inside their hearts. They are worried whether they can succeed in America. The fans in faraway Korea also fret about the girls' transition to the USA. Yeeun had posted an online piece themed "You won't understand unless you have been to America", elaborating on stuff she could not have either experienced in Korea or as an instantly-famous singer. As Yeeun's heartfelt treatise attests, WG are not just singers in America. They are also girls in their late teens & early twenties, enjoying the prime youth of life. Their performances would continue, & they would carry on teaching Americans the 'Nobody' dance & to share hugs. More familiarized, their fans are slowly increasing from 'Jobros's one-tenth' to the 'two-tenth' [i.e. one-eight] tier. At the same time, WG has also matured along with the numbers.

Guest VenusValentine

Find this awesome clip on youtube by Sunhae@WGW or KyuhyunDonghae2 on youtube , but the song really match our mood right now (or at the very least, it's match my mood now hehe) <333

Guest qoxie

Part 2 of WG article in 10Asia book.

Some parts in the page pics are blurry; hope I got the context correct.

10Asia: When you joined the Jobros tour, it was originally for 13 shows before expanding into the full 45 dates. Heard Jobros made this decision after seeing you teach the 'Nobody' dance onstage. True?

Yeeun: It was due to a positive setback & an ingenious follow-up. The incident happened during the 3rd show in Vancouver. The concert started behind schedule & the audience was rather young to stay out too late, & so we were instructed to perform only one song. We were sad at being unable to complete our set. By chance, we also encountered microphone problems, which had the tour crew scrambling but also left us thinking: "This is our chance!" So we filled the void by teaching the 'Nobody' dance. Unexpectedly, we got a great reaction. Perhaps there was more Korean & other Asian fans than usual in the audience, which could be a factor.

10Asia: To be bold enough to do this in front of foreigners, surely it was not easy?

Sunye: Luckily, we have already performed a lot in Korea (laughs). This incident turned out to be positive for us. We used to rely on 2 microphones for our performances, & they were traditional wired microphones too!

10Asia: These days, Park Jin Young is always tweeting updates of your performances. Do you know what his latest nickname is in Korea?

Yeeun: The ddok gorilla! (laughs)

10Asia: Everyone is curious about what Park Jin Young's role is. It seems like he has appointed himself WG's fanclub president (laughs).

Sunye: The ddok ambassador! (laughs) Actually, we are not kept abreast about our American activities. So he is like our manager, our English tutor, our music producer & also various other roles. Also, we heard that Korean mothers in America love Teacher Park, so attracting this older fan segment is also one of his jobs... (laughs)

10Asia: I saw Yoobin tweeting a 'Beauty & the Beast' photo (laughs). It seems like Park Jin Young leaves a different impression in America as compared to in Korea. True?

Yoobin: Unlike the other group members, I didn't actually get to interact much with Teacher Park prior. Things have changed since coming to America; we are now much closer. There are more opportunities to bond & as time passed, Teacher revealed a more humorous side... a dry humor side (laughs). I used to treat Teacher as a music producer & dared not get too near to him. But after getting along with him these days, it feels like he has become an uncle or brother.

10Asia: Yoobin started using Twitter only in America. How was it like? Heard Yoobin's tweets tend to become news in Korea in a matter of hours.

Yoobin: I love the instant interaction with fans very much. I can share what I am currently doing, preparing for, or upload some photo, & get immediate responses in return.

Sunye: Twitter is so delightful. I gotta thank the fans for their instant feedback too. Reading their messages is kinda like language revision for us (laughs).

Yeeun: Twitter also allows us to wholly appreciate our fans in Korea. They could have forgotten about us, yet they are willing to sign up to receive our tweets, photos & to leave comments. Their enthusiasm is very touching & much appreciated.

10Asia: Heard Yeeun spammed her UFO Town (a fan messaging service from idol singers) with replies during the tour. The fans who received them mass-posted them online. What happened that day?

Yeeun: I think it occurred on a day before one of the US concerts. We had a couple days off, & I had stayed up late on the computer. Suddenly I missed our fans in Korea very much. Over here (America), fewer fans come to watch us; the others came for Jobros. That added to the yearning I felt for our Korean fans. Those who had specially to see us (inaudible audio), the thought of it kinda overwhelmed my emotions.

Sunye: Yeeun is always like this when interviewed by the Korean media (laughs). Our American fans are more open. They would offer hugs upon meeting us, which is something we haven't ever done with our Korean fans. So Yeeun has constantly campaigned for a fanmeeting or autograph session when we go back to Korea. The meet-&-greets over here made us miss our fans in Korea even more.

10Asia: Besides the sad stuff, is there anything about America which you like more & more? You must have greater freedom over here?

Sohee: In Korea, it's like "It's WG!" everywhere we go. But not many people here recognize us, so we must take initiative to get to know others. The process has been very fun. The fans get to know us with each passing day, & I also enjoy seeing them slowly changing their opinion about us.

10Asia: Sohee has become livelier since the expansion into America. Heard you became more energized since the tour decision was made. True?

Sohee: Americans tend to exchange loud greetings: "OH, HI! WHAT'S UP!" They are very direct & expressive. Unwittingly, my voice would go up an octave too. My mood changes as well.

Sunye: The maknaes in the group don't want to leave after hitting the stage. They look like they want to devour it all (laughs).

10Asia: With this new environment, have the relationships among the group members changed? America is different from Korea. Many things must be dealt with anew?

Sunye: We are currently on the road, so we have been staying at hotels. In New York, we live together in a dorm. Sharing chores like doing laundry & doing the dishes, etc. Every Monday after 5pm is our Household Time, & it has been a breeze! We do our cleaning together, & with great cooperation & coordination too. Everyone just wants to get it over with ASAP (laughs).

10Asia: Americans are gradually more familiar about WG. Heard there is now an online video of fans spazzing upon spotting WG on the streets. Do you feel more & more welcomed by Americans?

Sunye: The Jobros fans are very active online. They would post fresh updates after each concert. From there, they would begin talking about us. So the fans are now gradually more familiar about us.

10Asia: Saw a video clip in which the 'Nobody' dance is apparently one of the top 5 dances among American youths.

Yoobin: Is that so?

Sunye: I think it is the dance's simplicity, which everyone can watch & copy. Heard they like the choreography's freshness too. Plus to have 5 Asian girls wearing such costumes & retro makeup, & singing such an addictive song like 'Nobody', they must have found it very pleasing... Besides, no one over here was going to dance like that, so they must have found us adorable.

Yoobin: They must have seen how hard we worked at studying English, the 5 of us wholeheartedly united & in great spirits, & so they found us very adorable (laughs).

10Asia: With the US activities, American showbiz is starting to appreciate you. Appearing on FOX TV's Wendy Williams Show has raised your profile. How did it happen?

Sohee: I think the show invited us out of the blue.

Sunye: We felt shy about asking about the invitation too. Our reply was: "Thank you very much, we'll be right over." That's about it (laughs).

10Asia: How did it feel appearing on an American TV variety show?

Yoobin: Their TV variety show are more like a talk show, with several interview segments plus a stage to let us perform.

Sohee: American audiences are more demonstrative, & also more warm. Seeing them having fun together made us very happy.

10Asia: Heard Yoobin's rapping got a big cheer during the Wendy Williams Show performance. True?

Yoobin: I think it was the sight of Oriental kids wearing retro costumes & singing, & suddenly here comes this rapping part, which must have startling.

10Asia: I recall Yoobin positing during an interview that Asians favor a song's melodies while Americans prefer its danceable rhythms. True?

Yoobin: The gap has narrowed a lot now. But I think Koreans are accustomed to lyrics & melodies embodying a song's emotions, & thus they appreciate the tunes. Whereas Americans seem to go for physically soaking in the rhythms. Americans would even get up to dance along during our performances.

10Asia: What are your targets in America?

Sunye: Having such an opportunity is already very unique. Many wonderful things have happened for us recently; the sad stuff is miniscule. The experience gained is like our current preparations. Everything we encounter & whatever breaks we get, they don't pop up normally. They are what we had worked hard for. Our US journey will enable us to see what possibilities & options we can develop on. This ought to be what is constantly on our minds, & by sticking together, we got to where we are today. As for targets, we are more focused on doing our best for each new show. Also, to work harder on English skills (laughs).

Guest qoxie

ALtdX.jpg

Cr: Helms + 果汁泰然 @ Baidu

4pWuy.jpg

Cr: Karen Helms Facebook

- - - - - - - -

UNICEF Birthday Donation theme song & BTS clip.

No WG. But 2PM, missA & JOO are among those featured.

Looks like most of the filmshoot was done at JYPE Korea too; I recognize the rooftop & some of the rooms/corridors.

Possibly that's their music studio too, but I have not seen older pics to compare with.

[유니세프 생일기부] 캠페인 메이킹 영상_Unicef Birthday Donation Making Film.wmv

Archived