Guest `starry.night

Guest adyaby

hello guys~!! how u been??? ^^

it's been a long time since i posted a comment here T.T

wonderfuls~!!!!!!! mexican wonderfuls need your help  again~

we want our queens to be on national TV once again x3

could you please tweet:

Wonder Girls ~ Nobody #TopTen13

we really really need your help~!! because they're gonna choose only 1 girl group video T.T

let's spread the wonder~!! pls pls send a lot of tweets~!!

thank u~ ♥

• Replies 39.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest eidolon

^^^ I love Wynter Gordon! I think she's amazing. I always thought she and Yeeun had similar voices. I could totally picture Yeeun singing I'll Find a Way by Wynter Gordon =) My favorite song from her. I am so excited for this album. So many great people involved.

Really missing the girls. Yeeun is looking fabulous. Nothing wrong with a little bit of clubbing. I do it. =P I'm just glad the girls have the chance to relax and enjoy being normal girls.

Guest qoxie

yzzkEl.jpg

Source: 우종필 Facebook

- - - - - - - - - -

NS2ra.jpg

tdBi6.jpg

NGbHj.jpg

Cr: 果汁泰然 @ Baidu

- - - - - -

Congrats to Liu Xin 刘忻, WG's hoobae & one-time JYPE recording artiste (in China) who just won the Changsha regional round of the 'Super Girl' 快乐女声 singing competition.

It is their country's version of American Idol, but much bigger in scale. Organizer HunanTV became a top national broadcaster partly due to the show's success.

She now enters the national round of 20 contestants.

JYPE Korea (& Wikipedia) still lists her under its stable but I guess she's considered inactive, ala Sunmi.

I followed her on weibo, but she has been rather reticent about her Korea stint.

Neither does she interact online with fellow former Chinese trainees like missA & the other ex-JYP SISTERS.

The Chinese media limelight is on her again, but she is rather cryptic about her JYPE experience once more, saying she had returned home after 6 months. (It also said JYPE trained her rigorously for one year before releasing her debut single.)

"I would've still wanted to come home" was her quoted response. She is also resisting netizens' & the media's attempts to pigeonhole her as "The Second Han Geng".

Source: http://ent.qq.com/a/...0607/000218.htm

From her weibo (she looks much older than she is these days):

scDEh.jpg

Source: http://weibo.com/xiaoguiliuxin

Guest qoxie

jcsmark -- I speculate JYP is opting for a wholly Americanized sound for WG's album.

Retro or not, it appears they will mirror the paths which BoA & Udata had taken. (Perhaps the US investors won out.)

Forget about June. The purportedly-revised comeback in August looks more realistic now.

oDQVZ.jpg

Source: http://www.theprophe...he-wonder-girls

Guest valentino_rossi46

^

^ I just wonder, if the album was released in August, so how about their promotion? They cannot have summer tour to promo, and ..... i doubly they even delay until the end of the year (OMG i really ... dont want say this) then they will have winter tour?

I want they release new song now, dont need a full album, just a single to hook up, US artist often release a single first, then full album later, right?

Guest WGkeon

jcsmark -- I speculate JYP is opting for a wholly Americanized sound for WG's album.

Retro or not, it appears they will mirror the paths which BoA & Udata had taken. (Perhaps the US investors won out.)

Forget about June. The purportedly-revised comeback in August looks more realistic now.

If thats the case, the chances of failing is higher? no? mirroring paths of BoA and udata is not really that good an idea and i was hoping JYP would retain kpop roots and advance into america... whats the point of advancing into america if they are just going to americanized themselves? dont understand at all...

Guest wonderfulalways

IMO, I don't really expect the girls to be popular as Rihanna, Katy Perry, Britney Spears, and etc. As I have noticed, groups don't get that much attention as individual artists in the american market. I mean, I only expect them to be popular as FEM, or even more famous than they are. I'll just depend on time, and wait. We have been waiting for a LONG LONG LONG LONG time, just another month or so.. won't kill us. 

Guest Mia_Mia

wow... yeeunie looks gorgeous!... im glad that she's going out and having a good time with her friends :) ...

and lim... that cutie, its great to see more and more wonderfuls accpeting her as the days pass by!

and since there were some sunye things i found on tumblr

dmwx2t.png

and I was so happily surprised when I saw this on tumblr SunStyle .. usually I see most wonderfuls questioning her style and personally i love it , so it was sort of a vindication of Sunye's style (and my taste...keke)

.. i hope everyone supports this tumblr account and we see more updates in the future..

tumblr_lmeznro1Zh1ql6u9ho1_500.jpg

tumblr_lmez3b7RmF1ql6u9ho1_500.jpg

tumblr_lmf15aWtXi1ql6u9ho1_500.png

Guest valentino_rossi46

If thats the case, the chances of failing is higher? no? mirroring paths of BoA and udata is not really that good an idea and i was hoping JYP would retain kpop roots and advance into america... whats the point of advancing into america if they are just going to americanized themselves? dont understand at all...

Agree

I dont think jyp will americanized them as utada and boa

He knew that American dont need Asian go to their market and do the same things as American, he also said that before. I think wgs still have korean feelings, cuz jyp involve in many part, rather than just give them to us producers. Utada, Boa, Se7vn, all of their company didnt take good care of them in us, us producers did everything, but hey, JYP always fly between Korean and US, involve in everything, so im pretty sure, even many US producers involve in WGs album, they wont be fully Americanized ( except their english accent mut be American lol)

@mia_mia: yeh leader min proud of her members. In other group, often has article such as this person want that person outfit, sing that person line, dance that part etc . But wgs know what is the best suitable for them, what they should wear, what part they should sing and dance, rather than jelousy others:)

Guest r1988

if u listen to Utada music u will know the music she produced for her English album like merry Christmas Mr.Lawrence and Apple & Cinnamon is not really different from her Japanese songs like good bye happiness, heart station or prisoner of love maybe its just me but I dont think she changed her style of music that much for her US album when I listened to her US album I didnt feel that I was listening to someone else ....

I don't have problem for the girls to release songs with American style and I don't think having songs with American style is the reason why Boa and Se7en failed I do think they failed mostly because they did not have a good PR team that helped in promoting them , without promotion is really hard to anyone to make it big and that include our girls so I hope JYPE or the company WG are debuting under will promote them very well in US

Im not sure if this pics were shared before I think this was taken during their first solo concert in korea

a0113243_4a38e22243492.jpg

I think this one is during their nobody comeback

%EC%9B%90%EA%B1%B847.jpg

Guest qoxie

I just wonder, if the album was released in August, so how about their promotion? They cannot have summer tour to promo, and ..... i doubly they even delay until the end of the year (OMG i really ... dont want say this) then they will have winter tour?

Aug/Sept, & a fall US tour, is not too late. (Although I'm curious to see if WG can release their album before or after the JYP Nation gigs.)

It will be more difficult to win new US fans, what with no more teenagers on summer vacation.

But if WG opts for a solo tour then, the likes of 2PM & missA should be 'free' as show openers with their respective Korean comebacks completed.

Related: I am wondering if JYP could not find a feasible summer tour for WG to join in, hence the album delay. (Just saying.)

With Jonas Group, Honor Society has lined up their own tour (starting this week) while Jordin Sparks is joining the NKOTBSB Tour for selected dates.

That leaves Joe Jonas, who has an upcoming album (due early fall) & is still looking for a co-touring partner (or a headliner to play second-banana to).

But his new MV (500K hits in 2 days) hasn't taken off yet.

So the jury's out on whether his new adult sound retains enough Jobros popularity for WG to possibly hitch onto his wagon.

- - - - - - - - - - -

If thats the case, the chances of failing is higher? no?  mirroring paths of BoA and udata is not really that good an idea and i was hoping JYP would retain kpop roots and advance into america... whats the point of advancing into america if they are just going to americanized themselves? dont understand at all...

I reckon WG's purer Kpop sound for the USA came & gone with the Nobody craze.

I trust JYP's instincts. He's also a visionary in spotting the next music trend.

But let's face it, 2DT already lacked international momentum last year, despite WG flying all over the world to perform.

(missA's 2 hits have 8.2m & 5.6m hits on YT; 2DT's best is 2.5m.)

Also, except for Fredo Odesjo, the other songwriters & producers linked to WG's US album aren't associated with Kpop music at all.

The thing about working with US investors is that everything is done on  their terms. It's their money, & they know their market.

One could hire US producers & then shop the finished tracks around for a deal, as YG tried to do with Se7en.

Even with a record label on board, it owns the prerogative to reject any recorded album delivered to them.

(In other words: write it off as a financial loss in lieu of distributing it.)

So it's possible they are "sending" JYP back to the studio instead to further Americanize WG's sound for better success odds.

To me, Yeeun sounded more optimistic in her May diary than in June.

Her mentioning WG is still recording suggests the existing songs may not be good enough yet (as a set).

That said, I don't think WG will completely abandon their Kpop roots yet.

They are making a Korean comeback too, & I am thinking the track which JYP flew to LA to let Manny Marroquin mix may be earmarked for the home market.

Yet I am not sure there is more than one song. JYP tweeted Marroquin was also separately mixing for missA & 2PM on the other days.

Let's see what their hoobaes' comeback albums consist of. Marroquin had mixed only one 2DT track, but WG released it in 6 versions in their EP.

- - - - - - - - - -

if u listen to Utada  music u will know the music she produced for her English album like merry Christmas Mr.Lawrence and Apple & Cinnamon is not really different from her Japanese songs like good bye happiness, heart station or prisoner of love maybe its just me but I dont think she changed her style of music  that much for her US album when I listened to her US album I didnt feel that I was listening to someone else ....

I don't have problem for the girls to release songs with American style and  I don't think having songs with American style is the reason why Boa and Se7en failed I do think they failed mostly because they did not have a good PR team that helped in promoting them , without promotion is really hard to anyone to make it big and that include our girls so I hope JYPE or the company WG are debuting under will promote them very well in US

Actually Udata's English albums were favorable commercially (international sales) & critically.

They just failed to chart in America, which was a major letdown vis-a-vis the expectations.

BoA was promoted better than Udata in the USA, & she worked very hard to perform every chance she could get.

Her Achilles heel was SME thinking they could package her as a trendsetter on their own. Yet, unlike JYP, their instincts & trendspotting fall short, cuz something fresher was always on the radio when her US albums came out.

Se7en could not find a US distribution partner despite hobnobbing with celebs. J-LIM suffered the same fate too.

Guest qoxie

Not sure, but I think the K-blogger who posted the following is a SM Town fan(?)

The chart pics are easily understandable, regardless.

K-pop in google trends 한국사회

2011/06/07 20:09

SM의 유럽공연이 성공적으로 진행중이라고 한다.

최근의 k-pop에 대한 검색빈도는 지속적으로 늘고 있고 평균 빈도가 김치의 반에 육박한다.

한국과 싱가폴을 제외하면 크게 차이나지 않을 것으로 보인다.

아시아 중에서 영어권에 해당되는 필리핀, 싱가폴에서 높고, 그외에 말레이지아, 베트남,일본, 인도네시아,홍콩, 타이 순이다.

남미 중에서는 페루가 유난히 눈에 띈다.

이상하게 중국이 보이지 않는다. 중국사람들, 영어를 전혀 안 쓰나.

SW2dn.png

원더걸스와 소녀시대를 비교했다.

원더걸스는 2년전부터 지속적으로 감소 중이고 소녀시대는 증가 중이다.

최근 들어서야 역전했다.

IuRdp.png

페루에서 소녀시대의 빈도는 최근들어 더 높다. 페루의 수도가 리마였구나.

호주와 미국, 캐나다의 도시도 눈에 띈다.

한국사람들이 많이 사는 것일까?

PDFw6.png

k-pop이라는 장르가 아시아, 남미에서 인기를 얻고 있다는 것은 알고 있었지만, 유럽이나 미국에서 어떤지는 모르고 있었다.

음반시장의 빅3 가 미국, 일본, 영국(또는 독일)이라고 한다.

만약 SM의 공연이 유럽에서 한류열풍을 불러온고 있다는 것이 사실이라면 빅3 중 2개의 시장에서 돈을 벌 기회가 생기는 것이다.

과거 비, 원더걸스의 미국진출은 시끄럽기만 하고 성과없이 끝났다.

만약 SM의 유럽진출이 정말 성공적이라면 관심을 둘 필요가 있을 것으로 보인다.

다만 google trends에는 유럽의 성과가 아직 반영되고 있지 않은 것으로 보인다.

Source: 복사 http://blog.naver.com/abdcdbr/150110787981

^

^

I just did it myself on google and i think they should've searched SNSD instead of Girls Generation.

But it's weird at why they would search Wonder Girls?

Unless they consider SNSD and Wonder Girls as the leaders of the Hallyu wave? Only guessing from the title of the article XD

---

Although i think the blogger was seeing if kpop surpassed "kimchi" ?? LOL

It's quite amusing :lol:

Guest beceshawtti3

Okay, I read a few comments regarding how WG's music is going to follow BoA's US music styles and no. JYP is a musical genius and he will definitely collaborate rather than how Se7en and BoA sang songs made strictly by American composers.

Too many novelties at the same time, thanks y'all... :sweatingbullets:

The National Geographic feature is prestigious, another point scored by JYPE's PR tactics.

I like this escalation in the media, our girls slowly getting recognition from big names.

The material isn't all new (part was seen in Allkpop's NY 2PM/Wonder Girls special of last year) but is a different angle and in a deluxe format/packaging (the speaker and Sunye's dubber voices are distinctively pros).

Glad to see again the NY1 anchor, he's one guy to always thank for being there in the early days of the girls US adventure. He interviewed JY and the girls in 2009 and probably earlier - his conduction had a touch that looked as he was actually rooting for them. ^^

--

All bits of info I got previously (including Moonworker's tweets, which continued after the one that came out in public by mistake) hint about recent studio activity -- this fits very well the idea of a "2.0" version of the US album. Probably Claude Kelly has been consulted recently.

I can't second guess the launch date but I am quite happy about the idea of Americanized sound. It's something I believed as possible since the Pivot lecture. And is a good reason for all the English courses and lifetime the girls spent in the US. Just hope the girls don't strive too much for perfection, as their accent is very good now and their casual talks in English flow naturally.

Maybe JY will stay faithful to his idea of having some Asian sound and some western sound and attain something different from the usual. This would be the natural prosecution of his plan, unless the investors pressure is too much - but if this second scenario plays out I take for granted that the interest they have in the Wonder Girls is very very high. And that can't be bad.

Guest V.Wonderful_Mike

2PM's comeback date is confirmed already :( Wondering when goes Wonder Girls? I've thought that Wonder Girls's US debut album is the first project that JYP have to complete in this June. :(

JYP! Today is June,  tomorrow is June and yesterday is June. When will you give us exactly a date?

Archived