Jyp's Wonder Girls (원더걸스) Official Thread 2

Guest `starry.night

Guest jcsmark

I was looking through earlier pages in this thread and thought I'd share this WG time capsule again.

Wonder Girls wrote back in May/June 2008 about what they think they would be doing 2-3 years later. I'm really glad to know that many of their wishes have already come true. With WG's new movie, I feel really happy for Sohee as she has always showed a lot of interest in acting. I really hope Sunmi's dream will come true too!

Wonder Girls - Time Capsule

200806140920301138_1.jpg

Ye Eun:

"I wonder if we would be popular music-wise in other foreign countries. I wish that the name Wonder Girls will give hope and be a brand name to people. Those singers that if you just hear their name, you can buy their CD or concert ticket, that kind of singer. I would think more deeply for solo activities. In 2-3 years, I still think it's too young for me to try solo yet and I'm studying to write my own songs. I want to write my own songs."

200806140920301138_2.jpg

Sohee:

"In 3 years, I'll be 19 in American age so I'll be able to watch 19 - limit movies. (laughs) I think I'll be able to show more mature stage presence in 2-3 years. Since I was always interested in acting, I'd like to show my side in acting too."

200806140920301138_3.jpg

Yoo Bin:

"I would still be in Wonder Girls. I want to show you a more grown up Wonder Girls. In 2-3 years, I'd really like to write my own rap parts. I'd also like to study mixing and designing. I'd have to return to school and balance out singing and schooling."

200806140920301138_4.jpg

Sunye:

"We'll still be Wonder Girls then. I think we'll be doing activites in foregin countries, receiving recognition from them. I was really touched at the fact that I had stepped my foot in the American market. During the New York and LA performances, I heard praises and was able to dream big. I think I was able to experience everything in person and earn lots of courage. It wasn't an unplanned thought of Beyonce or Pussycat Dolls but even during the short time period, I realized that it was do-able. I want to go watch a lot of concerts or plays and record a CCM and let it out. I'd like to do a musical too if given the chance. "

200806140920301138_5.jpg

Sun Mi:

"In a few years Wonder Girls would be matured a lot. I want to visit NASA. Also visit space centers. I have a lot of interest in Earth Science or saving the environment."

credits to daum , xsimply juciy (translating)

Posted last year here on May 27, 2010 by @cr15co

• Replies 39.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest xjjjLOVE

Haha, I'm REALLY hoping that episode of Strong Heart gets subbed!

If anyone finds even just that clip and posts it, you would be a LIFE SAVOR!

Honestly, Petals and Wonderfuls must be becoming quite comfortable with each other, Heechul is the ideal fan, although they have been gone for a long time, although he doesn't see or even hear news about them everyday, he takes it into his own hands, he supports them, cheers them on, and ultimately even promotes them at great length.

We should really be thankful for a guy like Heechul, for forever being a Wonder Boy

(And specifically a Mandoo lover xD)

But....this may seem really odd but, I don't think I've ever seen Sohee's stomach

nor any of them actually, with the exception of Yoobin, whom was only really showing a half belly,

Have any of you Wonderfuls actually ever noticed this? I mean, I might be wrong and forgotten a certain outfit but...ohmygosh, I never noticed how conservative the girls were.

o.O

&thank you all for posting the heart warming posts! You don't often stop to think about things like this or that but when you do stop and ponder, it's incredible, simply mind blowing to realize what and who the girls are. What they do, what they stand for, what they work for. It's just so mind blowing to stop and realize that we're witnessing something big, much larger then Korea, the U.S. or England could ever contain, this is something world wide, and perhaps I'm jumping the gun, but when you stop to really look at the details and fine lines, what do the girls have against them but stereotypes, antis, and the barrier between cultures, and you may think that I'm contradicting myself since obviously I just gave off some strong opponents, but in reality, is there anything on that list they couldn't overcome? And then it becomes truth, there isn't anything in this world that could stop them dead in their tracks, even if they have to crawl they're always going to be moving forwards, and it's amazing it really is, I've never been so proud to be a Wonderful, not during Tell Me, not during So Hot, not during Nobody when the world caught the first whiff of their flavor, but now, when I realize through all of this time and patience that the girls have not given up, nor even slowed down, and even more so, that the fans have never quit, and just as their idols, never have they slowed, and it truly makes me happy.

Wonder Girls and Wonderfuls, perseverance is something that will mark our continuous and limitless growth and domination.

Keep fighting! ♥

Guest jcsmark

^

I think this performance is the closest to seeing WG's stomachs, but you can tell most of the girls weren't too comfortable lol. YeEun kept pulling down her shirt before/after the performance and you can see Sunmi storming offstage. (Big Bang is also watching at the back of the stage)

[071231] Wonder Girls - Adult Ceremony

-----

Heechul, WG's Fanboy :)

Super Junior’s Heechul Drops a Bomb, “The Agency in My Heart is JYP”

by: jbarky on May 31, 2011

Super Junior’s Heechul appeared on this week’s episode of “Strong Heart.” During the episode he said that while he is hosting his radio show he even screams at times, “The agency in my heart is JYP!” All of the other guests were surprised at this talk-bomb! Currently Super Junior is associated with SM Entertainment. Supposedly on the show, SM Entertainment’s CEO Lee Soo Man left a comment about what Heechul said and made everyone laugh. Currently, what actually happens will appear on tonight’s episode (May 31st) of “Strong Heart” at 11:15pm. (South Korean time) Besides being a DJ on his radio show, Heechul is also one of the Emcees for “Radio Star.” Soompi.com will report on what Heechul says after the episode has aired!

Credit http://www.soompi.com/news/super-juniors-heechul-drops-a-bomb-the-agency-in-my-heart-is-jyp#comments

Guest V.Wonderful_Mike

^

Ha ha, cute Hee Chul

..................................................................................................................

I think this time JYP will not push comeback date anymore. In June, we can hear at least 1 new song from our girls. And then MV will out in July

Spread the Wonder [W] [G] Girls

Guest QUEENka9

But....this may seem really odd but, I don't think I've ever seen Sohee's stomach

nor any of them actually, with the exception of Yoobin, whom was only really showing a half belly,

Have any of you Wonderfuls actually ever noticed this? I mean, I might  be wrong and forgotten a certain outfit but...ohmygosh, I never noticed  how conservative the girls were.

o.O

other than that performance ^^^

here..another pictures

(but it's not really showing...but still:w00t::w00t:)

Tell Me comeback MBC Music Core in 2007

EXR cf

9.jpg

Guest qoxie

No, I think the TV host said Sohee, according to the pre-show article.

Guess Heechul didn't take the bait.

Post-show news reports suggest he was generally talking more about his loose mouth. LOL

Suju Heechul's "shoutout": the SME-er jokes that his heart lies with JYPE

Korea Star Daily 2011-06-01

Idol group SUPERJUNIOR member Kim Heechul's astonishing revelation has become a major talking point.

Heechul had taken part in SBS TV's Strong Heart recording on May 31. In the show, he talked about his cavalier words & deeds for comic effect, but which made those around him edgy instead. He gave an example: Sometimes I would utter on radio that "My heart lies with JYPE", which is a 'shoutout' to my own SME agency. Confronted with such a Heechul, SME is resigned instead of being angry: "That's you being Kim Heechul." The remark led to loud laughter by the others.

[skipped the rest: not WG/JYP related.]

Translated from source: http://www.koreastar...om/sc/news/8809

- - - - - - -

The high school publicity photos posted above look relatively recent, judging by LIM's hair color.

She went back to attending classes in Korea, like, only twice since joining WG.

Guest valentino_rossi46

Ye except Adult ceremony, hardly we can see Ye Eun/Sun Mi/ So hee reveal their stomach :). Sun Ye often shows it during Irony days (but it's not much revealing). Yoobin also not shows it often, so everytime she shows it, we all spazz about her abs lol

Ye even now WGs all are 20+ (well, 19 in American, congrat So hee she can watch NC19 movie soon lol), they hardly wear anything revealing, they are sexy in their own ways, no need provocative move or showing their bras, stomach, boobs etc. Korean idols now are really ... all of them try to show something, even they are just 15, and it seems normal nowadays

Guest qoxie

Korean source of the Lim-Jiyeon-Noori pics: http://www.lila.hs.kr/index/index.do

Wow, they are really campus celebrities, to be promoted by their school like this!

Screenshots:

awHM9.jpg

GTYbg.jpg

The one with the principal(?) was published last November.

It was taken during the National Taekwondo championships, according to Google Translate.

J0vMU.jpg

Source: http://www.lila.hs.k...ontentNo=454427

:wub: 2ye :wub:  is Sunye looks tired ?!

mmmmm I want to ask you guys about the Wonder Girls new album !

always without me by Dave Stewart ! is this song still for the Wonder Girls or not ??

and do you think it's will be in their new album ??

because I LOVE it !!!! and I hope they'll make a MV for this song !

this is my first post ever since i  joined soompi a few months ago and have been visiting soompi site a year ago.  I got so much to say but never posted any comments before.  I listened to the teaser of this song on youtube and liked it very much,  this song has potential to be a hit as Dave Stewart said.  I will be happy if they include this song on their new album (i read an article(comment) somewhere in a forum saying it would be included but I can't recall where I read it) .  I will try to post more comments in the future.  Now the most important thing for the girls is to make their US allbum to meet the minimum on sales, reviews and popularity in the US market (mainstream music).  This will allow them to carry on with their US journey.  The girls are at their career turning point now. Heaven or Hell.  keep our fingers crossed.

Guest qoxie

^

Hi, welcome~

- - - - - - - - - -

RAIN to be part of JYP Nation in Japan concerts again?

He & JYP exchanged tweets yesterday.

Bi had responded to JYP's thank-you message after the latter 's fanmeet. He said (easily translated): "I love you brother!!!"

Someone on twitter summarized (in Chinese) JYP's subsequent reply.

Dunno what the 1st part meant (something about "China"), but the middle part says their schedules overlap in Japan during August & so JYP suggested going for a hot-spring bath together?

Would love to see Bi perform Irony together, maybe reenact the famous tvN E-News clip of the awed WG girls listening to his & JYP's critiques. LOL

C1Njx.jpg

- - - - - -

uuXz0.jpg

I'm so proud of Sunye. I'm not even surprised by what she did! I'm used to it. Of course, it doesn't mean that I don't care XD It's the opposite! I'm always very touched by what Sunye is doing =') She really has a heart of gold. I'm not saying this because I'm her fan, but I think she is really the best idol and best role model =) I'm very proud to be her fan! I'm happy that I know her in my life =) She makes me smile =) I didn't know someone could be so kindhearted. It makes me want to follow what she is doing (of course I can't do the same but I can do good things too). Sunye is the best~~ and she's so humble too!!! =)

So, I have nothing to share XD But there are some new videos (fanmade), it can be interesting =)

Did you ever think about how WonderGirls songs would sound like in japanese?

Here's a Tell Me japanese cover (fanmade)

Now I can't help but to imagine WonderGirls singing in japanese... OMG *o*

At the same time I'm happy they didn't choose to follow the Hallyu Wave in Japan ^^

Another cute video about one of WonderGirls' underrated songs (XD), Headache!

Headache (fanmade) all Sohee cute moments!

Someone re-uploaded a video of Nichkhun (old video) talking about WonderGirls members (in english).

Nichkhun talking about WonderGirls

Haha I love what he said about the members, especially Sunmi XD

That's all~~ and welcome to @lomahtw =)

Guest qoxie

Part 2 of the PLAY magazine scans & translations (JYP Ultimate in Taiwan concert article).

tbtL5.jpg

Hidden: 3 scans

2hVn4.jpg

hufvQ.jpg

wd5OR.jpg

61yVs.jpg

Mnet Ultimate Live in Taiwan concert

From Korea: the JYP clan's carnival bash

This vacation's most-watched event - "Mnet Ultimate concert". Despite some intermediate hiccups, big boss JYP's personal leadership yielded an explosive show!

Song repertoires: [Lists for] MBLAQ, missA, JYP, 2PM, WG.

Taiwan fans' eyes are riveted

The Mnet Ultimate concert opened with MBLAQ. The quintet immediately launched into the dynamic "Oh Yeah". The fans downstage waved their placards & lightsticks in time to the beat while echoing MBLAQ's pulsating "Oh Yeah" fervor...

"Is everyone happy?" MBLAQ leader Seungho led his bandmates in greeting. He then said: "Today's show is specially prepared for Taiwan fans. We have not performed it before in Korea! We will be doing solo turns a bit later, so please give feedback~" Perhaps in response to the fans' enthusiasm, MBLAQ reciprocated by giving their all during their solo stages.

Prince Charmings' emotive offensive

MBLAQ then changed into all-white & performed an emotive 'Last Luv'. During 'You Are My Last Love', they walked down the stage extension to get closer to the fans. G.O was moved to say: "With everyone so enthusiastic, Taiwan feels more like a home to us than Korea~" The band members even chimed together in Mandarin: "Thank you everyone! We love you all!"

Breezily singing 'What U Want' & the opening bars of 'One Better Day' prompting loud audience screams, MBLAQ conquered the fans with their genuine talent. As "now again one better day one better day I will go together with you" rang out, the band members generously gave high-fives & shook hands with the fans. Reluctant to leave, they promised to meet up again soon~

Kpop girlgroup of substance

Comprising Chinese members FEI, JIA & Korean members Suzy & MIN, missA is JYPE's 2nd girlgroup after WG. Before their entrance, video messages by SHINee, SE7EN, DJ DOC & others were played to introduce this new girlgroup of formidable substance. Despite debuting only recently in July, missA proved to have commanding presence, pleasing locals by singing a Chinese version of 'Love Again'.

Perhaps unburdened by the language barrier, missA's self-confidence grew by leaps in their performance. In covering a Lady Gaga song & then showcasing their solo dance turns, they blew away the fans with their prowess! The quartet finished with their debut single 'Bad Girl Good Girl', which presented missA's overflowing personality & charisma.

Appointment with big boss JYP

JYP had accompanied RAIN to Taiwan for promotions 7 years ago. This time, he brought along his new proteges to collaborate on this summer's greatest Kpop concert! "This is my 2nd time in Taiwan. Very happy to see you all again." JYP greeted in flawless Mandarin. He could not conceal his excitement, saying: "I can't believe it has been 7 years. Our JYP clan has also transformed since!"

Nicknamed the Godfather of Kpop, JYP had gone from dancer to singer, composer, producer & now big boss of JYP Entertainment. But he has not lost his love for performing. From singing 'Honey' which Jacky 'God of Songs' Cheung had remade as 'Messy Hair', to replicating Michael Jackson's signature dance steps, JYP's stage charisma was riveting for the eyes! As overall JYPE leader, he also grabbed the opportunity to pledge to the fans: "We must tour Asia every year. So please continue to support the JYP clan!"

Beastly idols & their romantic sentiments

The Mnet concert's main act must be 2PM! The sextet emerged to loud screams, which validated 2PM's Taiwan popularity! 'Don't Stop Can't Stop' opened with a rap intro: "this is Nichkhun Wooyoung Junho Junsu right here Chansung & this is Taec & we're 2PM & we're never going down!" It was followed by a climatic 'Tired of Waiting'.

Dressed in all-black, 2PM lived up to their Beastly Idol name by displaying their manliness at every turn! During 'Hate U', their 'No-no-no" shouts... was reciprocated by the fans! "Taiwan, have you waited long?" Nichkhun, who had studied Chinese in Korea & whose "wife" is ethnically Chinese, greeted on behalf of the others. "We are 2PM! Wanted to come to Taiwan for ages, so very happy to see you all!" Wooyoung attempted to speak Chinese too: "We are very happy to see you all!" They then sang an emotive 'Only You', with the members giving out roses & taking Polaroids for the fans. To salute them, they then racked up their 2008 debut single '10 Out of 10'.

Ideal lovers revealed

The video segment during their costume change was a surprise too! Each of them described their ideal lovers: devoted, sense of humor, etc. before concluding: "All of you present are our ideal lovers!" The sextet reappeared in all-white for a heartfelt 'Give You My Life'.

This Taiwan show might not reveal much of 2PM's hard-earned muscled bodies. But their coordinated dance choreography & heartfelt rendition during fast & slow songs depicted their unique feral charisma! Finally, 2PM concluded with their classic 'Again & Again' & 'Heartbeat'.

International-class stage charisma

For this concert, WG was the finale performer. They brought the best of their US tour shows specifically for the Taiwan fans. The quintet even sang the Pussycat Dolls's 'Don't Cha', impressing the audience with their international-class prowess! With their hard-learned Mandarin, WG was able to interact fluently with the fans. During 'Take It', they even invited a lucky male fan onstage. He got to walk around the stage hand-in-hand with the quintet, plus hugs from the group members too out of gratitude...

In showcasing their Mandarin skills through new song '2 Different Tears', & spurring the entire audience to shout 'Tell Me', WG's determination to bond with the Taiwan fans was palpable! For the encore, the quintet changed into purple-red retro costumes for the indelible 'Nobody' to thank the enthusiastic fans, a perfect sign-off for the concert.

^

"International-class stage charisma" <--- DAMN RIGHT :w00t:

Thank you for sharing :wub:

------------------------------

Guyyyys i was wondering, i dont remember seeing official video's of performances from Mnet Ultimate Live in Taiwan concert. Was it even aired or not? I remember waiting for it, but i forgot about it since it never came out, atleast not to my knowledge. If there is footage of the concert can someone link me? :)

Guest yubin4ever

Lim tweeted to me the cutest video of her. I love the way she talks. She seems so down to earth and not fake. And I used to not like it when people wear sunglasses in dark places, but its adorable on Lim haha

http://yfrog.com/jyps4yz

Guest xjjjLOVE

@jcsmark&QUEENka9

Thanks for the help guys! I feel like some kind of weirdo mentioning that all of a sudden, but it really goes to show, Wonder Girls have come thus far and they haven't even BEGUN to really show all that they have! I hope "sexy" is an upcoming concept >.<! Getting away from retro and cute at this point would make me pretty stoked, not that I don't like the retro, cause it's freaking AWESOME. But I want people to stop trying to claim the girls only have one side to them, cause it's so not true!

Awwww that article is so sweet, and so true! Wonder Girls could perform a song over a thousand times (Nobody!) and they would STILL work that stage like there's no tomorrow. 2 and a half years later I still go back and check out Nobody performances from their comeback, they're just so timeless.

Guest hrmmmhum

^ Someone commented on a 3-year old Youtube video (not that one) of their Adult Ceremony performance saying that they're the first to perform the song without wearing the skirt with the slit. They wore pants instead. The person also commented saying that they really don't want to show off [skin] ^^ I've always thought that part of it was because of their concept. They want to be feminine for the song and performance, but at the time they were often seen wearing jackets and suits to ceremonies; hence the compromise. But of course, their conservativeness definitely plays a part in this. They are modest girls =]

hey [they] are the first to perform this song without the skirts they really don't like showing off

This is the video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-2apw0SdrQ

Has anyone ever noticed GD dancing along to them in the background? I NEVER have! And I find it so funny that he does it and cool that I'm just seeing this ^^ I love finding unnoticed WonderBang like this. He was clapping and stepping to the beat throughout the video, but he actually follows iwith the hands at 0:55. And I never really focused very much on SunMi leaving the stage -- but she's practically marching off; it's so cute! XD

EDIT: Ohh, I topped a page! I think this is my first time :o I'll have to dig up something recent to make it worth it, but I'm off to bed for now. Final exams tomorrow :''[ But I'll be back!

Guest qoxie

Guyyyys i was wondering, i dont remember seeing official video's of performances from Mnet Ultimate Live in Taiwan concert. Was it even aired or not? I remember waiting for it, but i forgot about it since it never came out, atleast not to my knowledge. If there is footage of the concert can someone link me? :)

Nope, only TV news segments & fancams so far.

Ditto the Mnet Ultimate in Thailand concert.

- - - - - -

Hmm, JYPE has not released any concert poster yet despite starting ticket bookings in Japan yesterday.

No one shared a view of the ticket stub yet either. Or is it all electronic?

The media & blogosphere there are either using the JYP Nation 2010 photos, or this screenshot taken from the JYPE Korea website.

3xZws.jpg

Tickets cost a bomb, though: 19,800 yen (VIP), 12,800 yen & 6,800 yen.

Even with weak the American dollar, it converts to USD 245 (VIP), USD 160 & USD 85.

- - - - - - - - - -

ENpJ4.jpg

Cr: w2dtranslations @ twitter

- - - - - - - - - -

EunAhn's Hudson River Park pics (photoshopped to lighten images).

NpVNZ.png

F6EtE.jpg

Cr: ahnsoheee.tumblr.com

Archived