Jyp's Wonder Girls (원더걸스) Official Thread 2

Guest `starry.night

Guest wonderr23

^

yup. i like how the writer wrote inactive instead of former which what the article said. Another list to my favorite akp writers.kkkk The other one being Lawlietta-nim.

• Replies 39.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest qoxie

Kpop Readies US Invasion: Rania/2NE1/JQT/Wonder Girls

Tuesday, May 3rd, 2011

By the end of 2011, 4 Korean pop (K-pop) female idol groups should be debuted in the US.  Rania, Wonder Girls, 2NE1 & JQT, will debut in the U.S. RaNia will be the first to debut into the U.S Market in June. JQT will release their debut album in August, and 2NE1 is preparing their U.S debut album but the timing of the release is still TBA (To Be Announced). Each of these groups has music industry’s big names backing them such as Teddy Riley (RaNia), Melvin Brown (JQT), and Will.I.am (2NE1).

Teddy Riley is well known for his production work with Michael Jackson, Bobby Brown, Keith Sweat and is credited for his massive impact for U.S music since the 1980s. According to TV Report an inside source Teddy Riley is planning to promote RaNia without focusing on their nationalities. “His goal is to enter into the Billboard charts. He is very confident in them.”

Melvin Brown is well known for working with Lady Gaga and Akon as a producer. While he was searching for the “Asian Lady Gaga” he stumbled upon JQT. Currently he is has been recording with JQT in Korea and in the U.S, in prep for their English debut US album this fall.

Will.i.am is well known as a member of the hip hop group “The Black Eyed Peas” but as a music producer he has produced with numerous artists such as Michael Jackson, Rihanna, and Justin Timberlake. Regarding 2NE1 it was reported that he said, “I am planning hard on how to make 2NE1 into a world superstar.”

As for the Wonder Girls, as they continue to record in NYC,  JYP Ent. is very hush hush on their debut.  JYP decided to transition the Wonder Girls into the US scene before these other 3 groups plans were announced, but now it seems Rania & JQT, will be the first out the gate.  Which could have an impact on how the Wonder Girls debut is received for the better or the worse.

Either way it is clear now that the Korean wave has nearly reached the US.

Source: http://kiyomini cooperaro.tumblr.com/post/5160551025/kpop-readies-us-invasion-rania-2ne1-jqt-wonder-girls

- - - - - -

More critical piece. I am excerpting only the opening paragraph & skipping the rest which is not WG-related.

But it is an interesting read.

Bad Hallyu! JQT and RaNia poorly plan American debuts

Tuesday, May 3rd, 2011 at 2:08 am

This weekend I looked at how the Wonder Girls’ label JYP Entertainment were building buzz for the group’s American re-debut through the US fashion press, while diligently training the girls and having them work extensively with top producers to find the right songs for the American market. And just this week, Will.i.am of the Black Eyed Peas flew over to Korea solely for a meeting with 2NE1 and their label YG Entertainment, to further discuss plans for the group’s impending US invasion.

Those are too good examples of K-Pop planning an international launch. Now I have two extremely bad examples to show you....

Source: http://www.theprophe...a-talk-us-plans

Guest r1988

^

yup. i like how the writer wrote inactive instead of former which what the article said. Another list to my favorite akp writers.kkkk The other one being Lawlietta-nim.

lol me too ..I think in general allkpop writers are improving and no longer ignoring posting news related to wondergirls comparing to before ,I remember in last year whenever used to send a tip to them about our girls they used to totally ignore it but now whenever I send a tip they post it so to me I'm really happy with most of allkpop writers

since yesterday was sunmi birthday and sohee's day

its MiSo time

miso.png

57846230.jpg

miso1.jpg

miso.jpg

MiSo_Sunmi_Sohee_Wondergirls__18032010092329.jpg

Guest Yoyo

^ aw those are so cute!

Happy belated birthday to our dearest alien Sun Mi <3 <3 <3

( also i was wondering why was it Sohee's day? )

Guest ashenlo

happy birthday to our one and only sunmi! wish she celebrated her 20th birthday along with her wg members ^^

more miso pics

b9ccbcd29.gif

fanart hehe

1220880244_ec84a0ebafb8eca8a9.jpg

my favourite pic

misotbj.jpg

3365321982_1ae5bef10a.jpg3365322020_4eb75e2ca4_m.jpg

cr; cutigirl wordpress

Guest adyaby

OMG!!! Wonder Girls will appear on Mexicain TV

*quoted image*

Credit: Fer_Gay@twitter

Trans: It's gonna be a special music tv show here about Kpop and the Wonder Girls   gonna be there!

uhm... sweatingbullets.gif the actual translation is:

The first news of the K-Pop is that we're going to submit more than 5 groups, with your messages you are choosing them!  

the reason for this is because at first they said they were going to submit only the 5 groups more famous of korea & to be honest i was a little sad (??) nervous (??) preoccupied (??) because groups like Big Bang, Super Junior, DBSK, SHINee, SS501, SNSD have more fans here T.T but with this.. i'm happy xD they're giving me hope!! believe me when i say that we (mexican wonderfuls) are doing everything we can to promote our girls ^^ and i really want to see WG again on my TV 5 times isn't enough u know~! loool~

on the other hand the good news for k-pop fans continues~ the same person who is doing all this posted this message on his twitter 

"If any band of K-Pop comes to Mexico,we sponsored,concerts, interviews and gatherings with fans"

i saw some of my friends sent this tweet to all JYP Nation twitters so i hope we can see our artist here ^^ personally i want to see our girls again~!!! laugh.gif

Cr: Fer_Gay@twitter

Guest valentino_rossi46

NOTICE: ONLY SO HEE, YE EUN, HYE RIM ME2DAY ACCOUNT IS REAL !!!

Others are fake, confirmed from Jane and @darkbrowny

http://me2day.net/wgsohee4

http://me2day.net/wgyenny

http://me2day.net/wg_lim

No wonder, Yubin and Mimi's english is so different

Lim has more than 7000 followers now, while Ye eun has 5000, So Hee has 3000+. Is it a good sign from Korean? Lim is the most active in me2day, seems like her effort was paid off. Korean is slowly accepting her

15th years old Mimi XD, she's so innocent, youthful back then XD

sunmidaymay.jpg

credit:wonderfulsworld

Sunmi tweet translation from @sunmijjang

Trans: right now Ms Ok (Jung eun Ok) and Mi-yaa is snoring in their sleep kk / “@jypelucy: @mimimimi0502 @kimsu1016 지금은 옥사마랑 미야가 쿨쿨잠 ㅋㅋ”

T: have the swelling subsided? without me can you be well? / "@mimimimi0502: @jungeo1004 @kimsu1016 붓기는 많이 가라앉았어요? 나없어두 잘있지요?"

T: have the swelling subsided? without me can you be well? / "@mimimimi0502: @jungeo1004 @kimsu1016 붓기는 많이 가라앉았어요? 나없어두 잘있지요?"

Yubin tweet translation from @yubina_dotcom (follow them for Yubin tweet XD)

Ah........already it's daytime. @WGyubin: 아.......벌써..... 낮이다......

hey~~happy birthday~~~haha @WGyubin: @2AMjinwoon 어이~~ 생일축하한다~~~ ㅎㅎ

Sister, Are u in America~~? @missA_suzy: @WGyubin 언닌 미국이에요~~?

yes, here is united states~hehe how are you? @WGyubin: @missA_suzy 응 여긴 미큑~ ㅎㅎ 잘지내닝?

yes~i'm fine!!! how is the unitede states weahter~~~? @missA_suzy: @WGyubin 넴~~ 잘지내요!!! 미쿡날씨는 좋아요~~~?

We walked too much yesterday? .....T.T @JANEyjK: @WGyubin 어제 너무 마니 걸었나,,,,,,ㅠㅠ

what??? we've been walking a lot??? @WGyubin: @JANEyjK 응??? 많이 걸은건가???

isn't it.....? @JANEyjK: @WGyubin 아,,,,,,아닌가

roasted shellfish????? @WGyubin: @JANEyjK 조개구이이??????

want to go? @JANEyjK: @WGyubin 콜?

Are u fine?? i miss u ㅜㅜ @WGyubin: @Nammi0411 ㅎㅎ 언니 잘지내죠?? 보고싶어용 ㅜㅜ

ok ㅜㅜ Do health care well to not to hurt. call me, when u come to korea @Nammi0411: @WGyubin 우웅 ㅜㅜ 아프지않게 건강관리잘하구 한국오면 연락해잉^^

i think we're met a long time ago ㅠㅠ i'll meet u, if i go korea. @WGyubin: @Nammi0411 진짜 못본지 오래된거같아요 ㅠㅠ 한국가면 꼭 봐요~

OMG. Miranda Kerr come to korea @2AMONG: 미란다커 내한...ㄷㄷㄷㄷㄷ

now, i know ur ideal woman haha. @WGyubin: @2AMONG 오빠의 이상형은 이제 잘 알거같애 ㅎㅎ

huk.....kk..nono. isn't it what you think?! kk @2AMONG: @WGyubin 헉.....ㅋㅋ아냐 너가생각하는그런게아닐걸?!ㅋ

Guest babyleo2710

^ aw those are so cute!

Happy belated birthday to our dearest alien Sun Mi <3 <3 <3

( also i was wondering why was it Sohee's day? )

Every first Monday of each month is Sohee's Day because of Mon(DU)day

Guest r1988

I found two articles about sohee in nate

the first one is about sohee v line

소희 근황 사진, 누가 만두소희래?...브이라인 얼굴 폭풍관심

20110504030629_4dc04425a083e_1.jpg

[메디컬투데이 My스타뉴스 김창현 기자] 걸그룹 원더걸스 멤버 소희의 통통했던 볼살이 실종됐다.

소희는 최근 자신의 트위터에 “토끼토끼토끼. RABBIT RABBIT RABBIT. 훗”이라는 글과 함께 셀카를 게재해 눈길을 끌었다.

사진 속 소희는 화이트 셔츠와 블랙 팬츠를 입고 머리를 하나로 묶어 청순미를 뽐내고 있다. 또한 네일아트를 받은 손을 강조하듯 손가락을 양 볼에 가져다 댄 후 눈을 감고 깜찍한 입모양을 취하고 있다. 검지손가락에 낀 토끼 반지도 눈에 띈다.

특히 눈에 띄는 것은 소희의 볼이다. 과거 ‘만두소희’로 불릴 정도로 통통했던 그녀의 볼살이 사라지고 브이라인 얼굴이 시선을 사로 잡았다.

소희의 실종된 볼살 공개는 이번이 처음은 아니다.

원더걸스 멤버인 예은은 얼마 전 자신의 트위터를 통해 “귀엽고 싶은 소희와 유빈”이라며 게재한 사진 속 유빈, 예은, 소희는 짙은 마스카라와 아이라인으로 눈을 강조한 메이크업을 하고 입술을 모아 귀여운 표정을 짓고 있다.

이 사진 속에서도 소희는 통통했던 볼살 대신 브이라인 얼굴이었다.

볼살이 실종(?)됐기 때문일까. 사진 속 소희는 과거 귀엽고 발랄했던 소녀의 모습이 아닌 여인의 향기가 묻어나는 성숙미가 느껴지기까지 했다.

사진을 접한 네티즌들은 “만두 소희 돌려줘”, “소희도 이제 여인의 향기가 물씬”, “예전에도 예뻤지만 지금도 예쁘다”, “브이라인 소희가 적응 안된다” 등의 반응을 보이고 있다.

메디컬투데이 My스타뉴스 김창현 기자 (palychang@mdtoday.co.kr)

The second is about the outfit that sohee was wearing for love sick MV

원걸 소희, 할머니옷 착용 새삼 화제… "찾아낸 사람이 더 대박"

201105040953541111_1.jpg

[마이데일리 = 김주영 인턴기자] 걸그룹 원더걸스 소희가 입은 할머니 옷이 새삼 화제다.

4일 한 온라인 커뮤니티 게시판에는 '할머니옷 구매한 소희 '라는 제목으로 소희의 사진과 어느 중년층 여성의 사진을 함께 게재했다.

이 글을 게재한 네티즌은 소희가 할머니옷을 구입하여 입었다는 주장이다. 재미있게도 상하의 하늘색 옷을 차려입은 사진 속 둘의 의상은 완벽하게 일치한다. 소희의 이 의상은 지난해 10월 UV의 뮤직비디오 촬영 당시 착용한 의상이다.

사진을 접한 네티즌들은 "할머니 옷같긴 한데 그래도 이쁘다", "찾아낸 분이 더 대박. 할머니가 대단한건지 소희가 대단한건지", "소희가 직접 빈티지샵에서 샀다고 하던데", "소희가 입으니까 이쁘네. 60년대 뉴욕짤 생각나넹" 등의 뜨거운 반응을 보였다.

[원더걸스 소희(오른쪽). 사진 = 온라인 커뮤니티 게시판 캡쳐]

(김주영 인턴기자 junyn@mydaily.co.kr)

Guest qoxie

Here is Yeeun's diary update for May, re-re-translated.

Source: http://cafe.daum.net/WonderFul

Chinese translator: i5205u0 @ WGTW

English re-translator: qoxie @ soompi

It is now 10:21pm in Korea time

But I am in New York! It is 9:21am over here ^^

I had begun writing this at 12 sharp yesterday. Feeling so sleepy TT

The recent weather in New York has been great!! We can wear short sleeves & shorts. Nice & warm ~+_+

But it can also suddenly turn cold, plus rainstorms as well... So characteristic of New York indeed!!

This can be such an enigmatic place... haha KKKK

Let's talk more about everyday topics at the backend. What else to say. Can't think of anything, despite racking my brains.

Nothing else is coming to mind TT

We have been working hard, recording songs & also attending classes

Oh, I have started learning the guitar... KKK hahaha

Me, Yoobin unni, Sunye, the 3 of us. Bought guitar & have been practicing hard KKK

Feels like my fingers have calluses now... KKK Yoobin unni says she likes the feeling very much... --;;

It has been arduous, but guitars have their unique charms so I am quite happy KKK

Hmm, what else..

Oh. We went to Malaysia!! Been a while since our last performance there, so it was especially appealing!!

The audience response was great too~

Although we have experienced it ad nauseum, the hotel band's rendition of 'Nobody' made us very happy as well KKKK

But what was really unexpected was hearing them sing, not only 'Nobody', but also a snippet of Noh Sa-Yeon senior for us!!!

Their Korean pronunciation were so exact, I was left startled KKK

How I wish we can tour Southeast Asia with our new album as quickly as possible!!! KKK

Ah, also recently, during practice,

Or should I not reveal it yet...??

Well, everyone will definitely know about it later KKK^^

There is plenty of good news. But I dunno how much I am allowed to divulge. Oh, it is so vexing TT

This summer, there will be a "very hot"(?) schedule...

How is everyone doing?

The exams are over. Are those of you in the army in good health?

Those of you working, please get enough rest... KKK

Yesterday was our Sika Deer's birthday!!

Yo, this little brat has already turned 20 TT Seems like she was a high-school senior brat only a few days ago...

I shall also be spending my own 22nd birthday in America TT KKK

Can't act like a kid anymore...? (crying sound) TTTTTT

Many colleagues & friends are celebrating their birthdays this month KKK

There was no other choice when in school. Every day was like a birthday celebration~

Happy birthday to all WFs born in May ^^*

Children's Day [May 5], Parents' Day [May 8] & also Teacher's Day [May 15] are almost here!

Except everyone are no longer kids KKK Still, happy Children's Day

Don't forget to express gratitude to your parents & teachers too~^^

Come the month of June

Let's have a Q&A, okay? KKKK

Leave your questions at the comments section

I will pick out 20 of them to answer!!

Until then, bye~^^

Guest lexp

"Ah, also recently, during practice,

Or should I not reveal it yet...??

Well, everyone will definitely know about it later KKK^^ "

im curious bout this... waaa~

Guest XiangLan

Here is Yeeun's diary update for May, re-re-translated.

Thanks for the translation..

She mentioned 'This summer, there will be a "very hot"(?) schedule...'

I wish it included their comeback stage in Korea :D

Just want to listen their new song right now...and it will be epic.

Wonder Girls Fighting!

Guest hoangngo19

every month , i alway wait for 2nd and 3rd to have Sunmi's Day and Yenny's Day ^^

And now, after reading Yenny's diary , iam very excited ^^

day by day i love Yenny more and more ^^

Guest *bluebutterfly*

Thanks for translating Yeeun's diary entry, qoxie. :D

Unnies have started learning to play guitar. Ooh~

I remember when Yoobin said she was playing as a band with her dad and brother. xD

Lim's me2day update.

오늘따라 왜 이렇게 가족들이 보고싶은거지…아!!오늘 오랫만에 우리오빠랑 한참동안 채팅했는데 알고보니 다른사람이였다는거………..완전깜짝이야…….ㅠㅠ오마이갓

credits to wonderfulwondergirls @ tumblr

tumblr_lkn7h7a6ZL1qco1zjo1_r1_500.giftumblr_lknkcyjSYr1qco1zjo1_500.gif

Guest valentino_rossi46

Translation of Ye Eun entry from Yeeun-impact :). They translated it from Korean source :)

yeeunmessage.png

yennydiary11.png

yennydiary21.png

credit :yeeun-impact.net

They also translated Yeeun me2day :)

yeeunme2dayupdate.png

Ye Eun's monthly diary entry is always so sweet <3, she didnt forget deer Mimi. Unnie team are studying guitar hard. I hope they will reveal their guitar skill to us soon. Someday, maybe they even do 2DT rock ver and play guitar for real <3

Guest valentino_rossi46

Yubin showed her love to Younha <3. Younha will be MBC radio DJ, so Yubin congrat her. Hope when Yubin have time in Korea, she will make special appearance like Sun Ye<3

Congratulation~~haha i'll listen ur radio program, when i go to korea. Call me, if u need me~~ i'm ur slave. hahaha @WGyubin: @younhaholic 축하해~~ ㅎㅎ 한국갈때마다 들을께~~ 필요하면 언제든지 불러만줘용~~ 난 너의 노예 ㅎㅎㅎ

thanks darling T.T Ur words is great encouragement to me. I Love u@younhaholic: @WGyubin 고마와 자기 ㅠㅠ 큰 힘이 된다 사랑해!!

credit : http://twitter.com/#!/yubina_dotcom

Btw, MissA's English song Love Alone, it's not their comeback track, it's just a track for Kim Yuna show, however it's doing really well, achieve #1 in many site since it was released. I think it's the trial for WGs from JYPE. Because they wanna test whether an english song can do well in Korean chart, and since MissA's song can do well, so even WGs havent come back Korea yet, when they release english song, it still can do well in Korea (Love Alone didnt get any promotion, but for WGs, even they dont comeback, i believe JYPE will promo their english song a lot in Korea )

OMG, Im dreaming our girls will grab a mutizen for an engligh song that they even dont promo in Korea lol. Dream high everybody :), keep believing :)

Archived