Jyp's Wonder Girls (원더걸스) Official Thread 2

Guest `starry.night

Guest qoxie

EE796l.jpg

Cr: as tagged

- - - - - - - - -

Wow, Ga-In topped Yoobin with a late surge in the MTV K poll.

No hard feelings; congrats to her & the Everlasting's (fanbase)..

Ga-In Voted Sexiest Female Idol By MTV K Readers!

Monday, May 2, 2011 by Sunny Kim in Celebs

Brown Eyed Girls‘ Ga-In was voted the sexiest female idol in K-Pop by MTV K readers! Wonder Girls‘ Yubin came in at second place. We’re guessing “Abracadabra,” and her sizzling solo single had something to do with it!

Our original list was flipped upside down by readers with Lee Hyori placing near the bottom and Ga-In coming in from ninth place to take #1 thanks to readers’ votes. Wonder Girls’ Yubin and Girls’ Generation’s Yuri were neck and neck for second but there was “Nobody” but Yubin to take second.

The full list of reader’s choices are below!

1. Brown Eyed Girls’ Ga-In

2. Wonder Girls’ Yubin

3. Girls’ Generation’s Yuri

4. BoA

5. 2NE1′s Park Bom

6. Lee Hyori

7. 4minute’s HyunA

8. After School’s Kahi

9. G.NA

10. Rainbow’s Jaekyung

Source: http://mtvk.com/2011...-mtv-k-readers/

- - - - - - - -

Newbie Taiwanese-Korean singer Bii 畢 (he sings in Chinese) said he is a fan of WG.

Basically, he's been namedropping Kpop artistes the past half year, cuz the local media there is pigeonholing him as such during interviews.

At least he finally mentioned WG in print.

http://www.dkpopnews.net/2011/05/exclusive-dkpopnewss-exclusive.html

• Replies 39.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest wonderr23

This is Sunye's Hope Tree Campaign

Wondergirls' Sunye iN ask for knowledge

The whole world suffers from failures, people are having a lot of difficulty dealing with it,

How can we give strength and hope to the people?

Hope Tree Campaign

Failure in college entrance examinations, failure in employment, failure in love. Many people has suffered from these problems. How can we give hope to these people? We expect to hear intellectual responces from all of you. ^^

(Event Date: May 2 ~ June 1 AM 11:00 a.m.)

Guest qoxie

Good blog entry.

Read the comments too. The blogger agreed with one responder saying "spokesperson" (& not "unofficial new leader") is what he/she alluded to as Yeeun's American role.

Wonder Girls use fashion to build buzz in America

Wonder Girls’ agency JYP Entertainment have found an interesting way to build an early buzz for the girl group’s upcoming American assault — the fashion industry. Although their US album still hasn’t been completed, Wonder Girls have become an increasingly frequent presence on the fashion scene, which seems to be a calculated promotional strategy to increase their awareness before the real album promo begins.

Recently, Wonder Girls landed a placement and feature article in Paper magazine’s ‘Beautiful People 2011′ issue (see above), a stylish feature in the artsy Interview magazine, and a spot in Teen Vogue’s ‘Six Up-&-Coming Music Acts to Watch’ feature alongside Adele, Lupe Fiasco, and Christina Perri.

They’ve also been all over the fashion show circuit, spotted sitting front row with Vanessa Hudgens and other US celebrities at shows for Anna Sui, Jeremy Scott, and Vivienne Tam. Not to mention international shows, too, being snapped sitting front row at Chloé’s Anniversary show in Shanghai, China.

While Wonder Girls play the role of budding fashionistas, their fans have been growing impatient for some actual music from the fivesome, which has now been delayed more times than I can count. JYP recently addressed the situation on Twitter, stating that the delay is due to the schedules of the top US producers he’s roped in to work on the girls’ album, as well as the top secret US record deal that he’s been keeping hush hush.

“I’m sorry about the Wonder Girls album being so late. You’ll be able to understand and forgive me once you see that the world’s best composers, singers, and companies are involved. Because they’re the busiest people in the world, I can’t have everything my way, but everything’s slowly coming to a finish. If you see who they are, you’ll forgive me!”

Wonder Girl Yenny also spoke out about their new album, but remained tight-lipped on the producers they’ve been in with: “There are a lot of other producers that we’re meeting with now, but we can’t tell you the details yet. But you’ll be amazed. We were very grateful for working with them.”

She also elaborated on the group’s goal to further crack the American market:

“There were no other Asian artists who had really broken into the U.S. market. We thought maybe we could be the ones.”

“When we first came to America, people said, ‘They won’t make it — they’re dreaming too big’ “, Yenny says. “Even though we’re not on top yet, we’re getting there, step-by-step.”

While they wait to finalize things with their US album, the girls have been continually working hard on improving their English skills, as well as rehearsing choreography and undergoing more vocal training in the studios of JYP’s New York HQ.

In addition to everything mentioned, there also seems to be an effort to assert Yenny as the unofficial new leader of Wonder Girls. Her English skills are some of the best in the group, as are her vocals, and her sudden switch to blonde hair appears to be a way to make her stand out within the Wonder Girls. I wouldn’t be surprised if this was a calculated move on the part of the group’s US management Jonas Group (who managed Jonas Brothers) to give American audiences something more familiar to identify with, as they’re used to most girl groups having a Beyonce or a Nicole Scherzinger in front.

The future of the Wonder Girls still seems uncertain, but at least we know JYP is taking their second US launch seriously — unlike SM Entertainment with BoA and YG Ent with Se7en. It feels like a real old fashioned grassroots effort, building them organically. The first time around, JYP got Wonder Girls on the Hot 100, a tour with the Jonas Brothers, a solo tour, and two high-profile TV appearances on The Wendy Williams Show and So You Think You Can Dance. I can’t wait to see what he brings this time around.

Check out photos from Wonder Girls’ recent magazine spreads, as well as a fashion show shot below.

[Via: WGSpectacle]

This entry was posted on Sunday, May 1st, 2011 at 6:02 pm

Source: http://www.theprophe...o-build-us-buzz

- - - - - - - - - - -

Army soldiers need to fanboy over girl groups too

By Dora, Seoulbeats

May 1, 2011 at 11:11 pm

While roughing it out in the fields and climbing mountains to serve their nation, Korean army soldiers must crave some entertainment of their own too. Okay, I admit, I don’t really know what the soldiers do for training, but it must be really tough. That is why girl groups play an important role in Korea; with every performance, they provide these hard-working soldiers with 5 minutes of pure bliss and ectasy.

So, which dance choreography has been fawned over the most by the army soldiers?

On a recent episode of KBS 2TV‘s Entertainment Relay, reporters unveiled results of a survey for “Girl Group Dances Liked By Army Soldiers”, conducted among 100 students who had returned from their mandatory military enlistment. SNSD managed to clinch first place with the ever-so-famous-and-parodied Leg Swift Dance, which they performed for Genie. The dance move (well, the cynical me says it’s just kicking, but maybe it’s because I’m female) was incredibly well-received as it can be easily mimicked and also displayed the girls’ long and slender legs flawlessly.

Coming in 2nd was KARA’s butt dance Mister, which also made headlines in Korea and catapulted KARA into fame, while miss A’s Bad Girl Good Girl placed 3rd.

Wonder Girls’ Tell Me, Brown Eyed Girls’ Abracadabra, 2NE1’s I Don’t Care, and T-ara’s Bo Peep Bo Peep were also popular choices among the army soldiers.

Korea always seems to have these completely pointless, but amusingly entertaining polls and surveys, no?

SONEternity, Newsen/Daum

Source: http://seoulbeats.com/2011/05/army-soldiers-need-to-fanboy-over-girl-groups-too/

Korean source: http://media.daum.net/breakingnews/entertain/view.html?cateid=1005&newsid=20110430215707858&p=newsenlive

Guest valentino_rossi46

WF still wanna trend XD

ohmySOHEE ♥ ohmySOHEE ♥

Let start trending #1stSoheeDAY and #MisoDAY

29 minutes ago

WonderfulsWorld Wonderfuls World

Lets get it started! 20thChubbyMi , 1stSoheeDAY and MisoDAY ^^

31 minutes ago

SunmiJjang Sunmi Jjang Official

Lets get it started! 20thChubbyMi , 1stSoheeDAY and MisoDAY ^^

32 minutes ago

Follow Yubdot twitter account, they will translate Yubin tweet http://twitter.com/#!/yubina_dotcom

SoHee tweet to Mimi XD

WGsohee Sohee Ahn

@mimimimi0502 솔직히감동받았지? 훗 - 나가면 너생일내생일다하는거다! 키키

12 hours ago

T: honestly you have been impressed right? hoot - if I go(to korea) I'm going to celebrate your birthday & my birthday together! kiki

Guest wonderfulalways

Sunye has joined Naver's 'Dream Tree' campaign to help underprivileged kids.

CNBlue's Yonghwa is the other endorser so far.

Their "personal messages" seem very scripted (Google-translated), very much like an ad copywriter's though.

*quoted image*

Source: http://kin.naver.com...mtree/index.nhn

*quoted image*

Source: http://kin.naver.com...docId=129804255

lol Sun's gonna be shyyyy~ 

Guest r1988

^

as far as I know only yeeun and yubin do have cyworld but they dont use it anymore

sunmi me2day

ahaha today is my birthday :) i got many present for wg :D thanxxxx <3

Yubin me2day

@mimi hey sunmi happy birthday :) have good day ^^

Guest jcsmark

Happy Birthday Sunmi :D

Wonder Girls picked up two awards at the RTHK Award Prensentation! Congrats

“RTHK International Pop Poll Award Presentation” Reveals the Top Ten Foreign Music Awards

Date:2011-05-02

James FUNG Wai-tong, Chairman of the “22nd International Pop Poll” Organising Committee, said that from 1990 onwards, the presentation had already given applause to over 200 international pop songs, widening the perspectives of both the public and the local music industry with a diversified music culture. This year, the polling was overwhelmingly enthusiastic with nearly 40,000 votes. As for the assessment method, winners of the three “Best Selling Album” awards were chosen according to the statistical information provided by Hong Kong Record Merchants Association Ltd. The other nine international song and singer awards were presented based on public voting by fans as well as assessments by professionals from the field, which constituted 60% and 40% of the total score respectively. The “Super Gold Song” award went to the song scoring the highest number of votes on the “Top Ten International Gold Songs” list.

Looking at the overall results of the Poll, the award-winning singers and songs are with varied styles. What they have in common is their unquestionable popularity. The “Top Male Artist” Gold Prize went to “King of the Pop” Michael Jackson again, while Justin Bieber, who has been labelled as a “teen heartthrob”, was voted as the “Top Male Artist” Silver Prize. Singer-songwriter Bruno Mars had not just captured the “Top Male Artist” Bronze Prize, but also the “Top New Act” Gold Prize. His songs “Just The Way You Are” and “Nothin’ On You” (B.o.B feat.) both seized the “Top Ten International Gold Songs”. Lady Gaga’s popularity remains high. She became the biggest winner capturing both “Top Female Artist” Gold Prize and “The Best Selling English Album”. Her song “Telephone” featuring Beyoncé had also captured the “Top Ten International Gold Songs” as well as the “Super Gold Song”. The Korean girl group Wonder Girls proved their fame by seizing a “Top Ten International Gold Songs” and the “Top Group/Band” Gold Prize. The Japanese singers and songs also witnessed keen competition. “Addicted to Love” by w-inds. captured the “Top Japanese Gold Song” Gold Prize. YUI was again voted “Top Japanese Artist/ Group” Gold Prize and “Top Japanese Gold Song” Silver Prize with the song “Please Stay With Me”. Yamamini coopera Tomohisa, who has grasped great attention and enjoying a boom throughout Asia, was first voted the “Top Japanese Gold Song” Bronze Prize with his solo “One in a million”. He was also voted as the “Top Japanese New Act” Gold Prize and the “Top Japanese Artist/ Group” Silver Prize.

The “22nd International Pop Poll” Award Presentation was emceed by RTHK Radio 2 DJs Alex Lee, Alyson Hau and Robin Pak. Highlights of the Award Presentation are scheduled for broadcast this coming Saturday, 7th May from 6pm to 8pm in the programme “International Pop Chart” on RTHK Radio 2 (FM94.8-96.9). The public can also visit RTHK website (http://teenpower1.rthk.org.hk/tptv/) for the archived webcast version of the Award Presentation.

rthkmay2.jpg

Source http://app3.rthk.org.hk/press/main.php?id=551

Guest valentino_rossi46

I dont think Mimi me2day is real. IT'S NOT HER ENGLISH STYLE!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think even Yubin doesnt know it's real Mimi. Im not sure how to use me2day, it's not same as twitter right? U must request to be friend?

So when Yubin see Mimi account, she even doesnt know it's real Mimi, so she just accepted?

Mimi has never used that kind of english in her twitter. She has never said something directly like that. Both her english and Korean tweet are very difficult to understand. Sometimes she said "A", but who know she referred "B" not "A" ?

Btw, all congrat message from JYP Nation

wondergirlstweets.jpg?w=580&h=1055

otherswishes.jpg

credit Sunmijjang

From Jia twitter, Mimi is at JYPE now, she and 2AM Jinwoon has a party today XD

Im litte bit sad cuz JYP didnt tweet to SunMi. He tweet to WooYoung, Changmin and Jinwoon... but he forgot the one who he used to caring the most, and the one that always admire him, want to be JYP in someday ... I dont know whether he sent her any message via mobile, or he didnt tweet to her because she is a trainee now. A trainee can not be taken any photo, can not be mentioned ???

Guest *bluebutterfly*

Wow. Wonder Girls scored well in the RTHK! :D

I think Sunmi does not have me2day. I created a me2day after finding out about Wonder Girls' and once you add them, which is more like clicking the 'i have an interest in becoming friendsn with this user' button they automatically appear on your friends list. But I'm not sure if that is only with celebrities or not, because all the celebrities have fans/netizens on their friends list. It might depend on how you have set your settings to.

Guest qoxie

^

as far as I know only yeeun and yubin do have cyworld but they dont use it anymore

Yeeun's cyworld is still online  http://www.cyworld.com/yeeunnn

The others are all deleted except Sunye's which has changed owners (she used Cyworld China).

Found the old URLs archived here: http://writer.dek-d....705&chapter=120

- - - - -

Hmm, the RTHK Awards might be worth monitoring since they plan to upload their webcast.

It's "only" a Radio-based Awards, but the 2 prizes WG won are from major categories (& not consolation prizes).

Maybe they will record a video or audio message in acceptance, at the very least.

Guest qoxie

Don't recall seeing these posted here before.

WG during their Taiwanese TV recordings last year (The Largest Political Show; Mr Con & Ms Hsi).

kmjFR.jpg

JX7Yt.jpg

OMOFg.jpg

0yT45.jpg

6Av9r.jpg

Cr: as tagged

Guest valentino_rossi46

Trans: at Jinwoonie's birthday party~~ kkkk recently there has been many birthday parties~~!!! kkkk its funny~~ yesterday was changmin oppa's birthday~ today is mimi and jinwoonie's!!kk everyone happyhappy<<<^^

/ "@missA_jia: 진운이생일파티에서~~ㅋㅋㅋㅋ요즘생일파티대게많아네요~~!!!ㅋㅋㅋㅋ재미있어~~어제 창민오빠생일구~오늘 미미랑진운이!!ㅋㅋ모두happyhappy http://t.co/lGjkkUk "

Trans: "@mimimimi0502: @StylistMJ 넵! ㅋㅋ 샵 자주들릴게요!" / Yes! kk I'll come by to the shop often!

Trans: "@mimimimi0502: @StylistMJ 사랑과정성을 닮은염색감사합니다 하하!!" With love & sincerity please give me a similar hair-dye thank you haha!!

Trans: unnie I can't sleep too damn it!! ah I see suyeon unnie every single day (but) I still miss you.. / "@mimimimi0502: @kimsu1016 언니 저도 잠안와요 댐잇!! 아 수연언니는 매일매일봐도 보고싶으네.. "

Trans: at level 5 Mr. Ok and choi pd nim is snoring in their sleep.. / "@mimimimi0502: @kimsu1016 오층 옥사마랑 최피디님 쿨쿨 주무시네요.. "

credit:@sunmijjang

Mr Ok is 2PM TeacYeon ? ha ha

Jia posted a photo at Jinwoon/Sunmi party, but she only post her photo wt Jinwoon, no Sunmi photo :(

Guest V.Wonderful_Mike

OMG!!! Wonder Girls will appear on Mexicain TV

230639_1713487196694_1223582760_31416043_1838852_n.jpg

Credit: Fer_Gay@twitter

Trans: It's gonna be a special music tv show here about Kpop and the Wonder Girls gonna be there!

Guest qoxie

JYP mixing engineer Moon Ho Yoon (Moonworker) was already in the studio, just as JYP was finishing up with Manny Marroquin over in LA.

If May 1st a public holiday in the States? Well, they were working over the weekend.

w8eio.jpg

- - - - - - - -

WG's categories at the RTHK voting page.

They did not post the final numbers, but the girls' thumbnails were rather well-positioned when ballots were open.

Ea3AQl.jpg

kYPwzl.jpg

Source: http://rthk.hk/special/poppoll22/

Guest V.Wonderful_Mike

Wonder Girls’s So Hee points the sky and say…what?

go.gif

How cute, my So Hee =))

This picture is posted at DAUM, the Korean portal site.

Source: Daum

Guest r1988

Wonder Girls members congratulate Sunmi on her birthday

20110502_sunmi-e1304425598651.jpg

Wonder Girls members recently congratulated Sunmi on her first birthday since entering college.

On May 2nd, the inactive Wonder Girls member turned 20 in Korean age, celebrating her first birthday after having graduated from high school.

The members congratulated Sunmi on her birthday by leaving her special messages on Twitter.

Yenny tweeted, “Happy Birthday! Baby“, while Yubin tweeted, “Happy birthday! Our cutie, today is your day! Have fun.”

Hyerim, who joined the group last March, tweeted, “Sunmi happy birthday“. Sohee, too, tweeted, “You were really touched, right? Ha! If I go [back to Korea], we are having birthday parties for both of us.” Sunmi responded to Sohee by tweeting, “You sharp knife-life woman.”

Sunmi left the group temporarily last January for her studies and recently entered Dongkuk University in the class of 2011.

Source: Star News via Nate

Credit:AIIKPOP

I just love how the writer of this article used the word inactive rather than saying ex member and that she left the group temporarily ,it really gives me hope that she will comeback as wonder girl :D

Archived