Jyp's Wonder Girls (원더걸스) Official Thread 2

Guest `starry.night

Is it just me or does everyone but Sunye just look weird :lol:

But congrats to our girls. Teen vogue is great promo and exposure for them.

*dead* at the thought we might get two different albums this year. Now I will stop complaining about any possible delay :D

• Replies 39.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest shinhdeplol

Lim tweeted just now :w00t:

I'm at school and I'm early!!:D

She is seriously so cute :wub: All of her tweets are adorable to me, although Im younger by 1 yr :P

Guest jcsmark

^

I always love to look forward to Lim's tweets, I find them adorable too :)

I wonder how about offer from Tibi ?

I think Jane got the message. it's really obvious that the 'X celeb' is the Wonder Girls haha

20110413.png

Credit TibiPR@twitter

Guest my2wonder

The Wonder Girls in the April 2011 issue of Korea – People & Culture magazine

2ne1.jpg?w=574&h=764

Credit : YG Mania Club

EDIT --

Our leader SunYe just tweeted :D

Great peace have they who love your law, and nothing can make them stumble. (PASLMS 119:165) Amen.

&

주의 법을 사랑하는 자에게는 큰 평안이 있으니 그들에게 장애물이 없으리이다. (시편 119:165) 아멘^^

Amen :D

Guest shinhdeplol

Our Sunye tweeted :)

Great peace have they who love your law, and nothing can make them stumble. (PASLMS 119:165) Amen.

주의 법을 사랑하는 자에게는 큰 평안이 있으니 그들에게 장애물이 없으리이다. (시편 119:165) 아멘^^

She's so precious ^^

Guest finz_999

@ jcsmark  thx for the replay

glad to know that Wonder Girls will be team up with tibi (i hope), both of them have the similiar "Retro " and "Im not a girls not yet a woman" concept.

tibi got big attention for their spring summer coll 2011, I hope it will be good benefit for our girls. And i thought that Sohee and Yubin will be very happy (^_^).... esp Sohee

btw,  GG family (Blake,etc) love tibi and teen vogue give the title "QUEEN BEES" to Wonder Girls

so can I say : "Wonder Girls welcome to UES, XOXO  GG"      lol......

nom nom nom, catching up on 12 pages of wonder of goodness<3 Lately with the news of the girls comeback I've been reading stuff all over other forums of how excitedsome people are and it makes me :)THANK YOU TO EVERYONE WHO POSTED PICTURES<3 I got to save so many and the girls were seriously too hot lol. too many pages couldn't thank and point out everyone >_< seriously without all of you I would be absolutely lost in everything concerning the Wonder Girls.<3 I hope this reply doesn't look too scary but I wanted to reach out and thank as many people as I could for their contributions <3

r1988: thanks for those heedragon pics on page 1530! aha sometimes I  get surprised at how popular they are but those pictures are so cute I remember why. LOL. That fan drawn pic is so amazing imo lololololol and on the yg jyp sm joining forces thing you posted I thought I was dreaming because at first all i read was JYP & YG joining LOL

lovepapupi: thanks for that link! I was looking for a place to listen to it in full that wasn't youtube! :)

slrigrednow: LOL When I was watching sunny on youngstreet and take those pictures at the end I was thinking how will I ever see thosseeee lawless then I saw the pictures you posted, thanks for posting them so quickly.:D & also the rehearsal pics<3

xjjjLOVE: No problem actually I still get confused with the purple burgundy. I think, oh when I see them should I be carrying the ballon? Get a purple balloon etc etc lol I wish gyp would rerelease their light sticks :/

zmmz: I think qoxie answered your question but check out ebay too! They have the old posters their, its really hard to by the old merchandise these days :/ I'm with you, at kpoptown.com they have socks and the girls' balloons though. hope it helps, please let me know if you find a good site :)

valentino_rossi46: thanks for reposting that singing article, SMH at some of the rankings but since everyone else said what I wanted to say, that those vocal professionals are ruuuude, I still wanted to thanks you for posting it here lol.

_youloveme: FLAWLESS PICTURES OF FLAWLESS PEOPLE DOING FLAWLESS THINGS FOR OUR FLAWLESS GIRLS<3 haha seriously I love love love the ballon pictures I really hope to do something like that with other wonderfuls come to where I live<3 and the fan account you posted! haha yoobin can call me whatever! LOL

Ly0209 : +1 Sohee sounded so great in irony!

shinhdeplol: I don't have a twitter so the pictures that came from twitter I have to thank you for posting<3 the girls look gorgeous and the sunmi and yen tweets<3 yoobins hair…omg…

wonderdaylove: I love the wonderfuls dc pics you posted <3

Joachim: SUNMI TWEETED YOU! I'm so happy for you too lol, she's so sweet LOL she put babe!<3

KimJongKookie: I think YeEun's blonde hair suits her now a lot more than it did before I think she redid it touched it up cuz its not as pale as before but I agree girl was fire with her black hair lol

lexp: omg the video you osted of yen singing for wonderful /bawls/ its such a beautiful song >_< I really want to hear them sing it too cnds ljv  yen sounds so great sigh I really hope songs she composes get on the album

nurika: I'm so happy for you, the wait time sounded killer but I'm so glad you got to see them<3 <3<3

V.Wonderful_Mike: I forget if you were the first one to link the nobody video before it hit 50 million, I think it was you? LOL after you linked it here I watched it about 20 times in two days yay for past 50 mill!

jcsmark: thanks for that fancam… I love 'saying I love you' one of my favorite songs knscalic and flawless pictures, thanks for posting them I saved apically all of them LOL

*bluebutterfly* : I fell in love with all the gifs you posted<3 it was a WG timeline :D

wonderr23 & onedaymaniac: thanks for the translations, articles pics etc too! <3

Don't jump the gun about a separate Korean album yet.

But WG will promote something for their comeback, & I suspect this may be a Korean single instead.

For the latter: if it's not a remake of the upcoming (first) US single, then possibly a (multilingual) version of WG's plannedsecond single.

That way, WG can have it both ways: a US-composed single for the US market; followed by, say, a JYP-composed song for the Kpop markets in Asia.

I think Sept is reasonable.

Firstly, JYP USA had previously promoted both 'Nobody' & '2DT' in 3-month blocks. (See their US radio petition campaigns).

So a June release date -- what a relief to hear there may be no further delays *fingers crossed* -- means WG can promote their first single until August, possibly into Sept (depending on when in June earlier) & hope for a breakout hit before considering a follow-up single or explore other options

qoxie: I remain as grateful and thankful for you as always. Thank you for everything you post literally, from the news reports and translations etc. With articles coming out and opinions flying I was getting so confused and couldn't understand the jumble happening about the girls comeback I was thinking this, then someone would say this but what you posted above just made everything in my head click. Right now I can't compose a good response but for the campaigning strategy and the scheduling of all this I go with what you said lol. sept is reasonable.  and the hong kong pics!<3

FYI girlgroup 2NE1 are gonna release their US album this August if there's no delay

. Honestly...they're the only idols that scares me. I've been carefully analyzing their content for a long time. Just trying to study their music and the probability of their success in America. I know they're gonna be successful if they can incorporate their style to their music. They can easily take on WG if this debut album doesn't rise up to expectations. But are they going to be what we call a "UNIVERSAL" success?? I doubt that! Wonder Girls on the other hand, have that advantage! They can penetrate the Chinese, and US market with their music. And if they get this thing right, they can even easily take on Japan just like that. I know a thing or two about music but not much on the marketing side of it. Which i trust qoxie to handle.lololol Please don't kill me ok? I love both groups and this is just my opinion so..ok i'm out~

Also, I get what wonderr23 is saying.

It will be so sad if the girls get undermined by 2ne1 when their albums come out. I mean, i know in the end it'll also help wg, but as far as them being the first and making the biggest mark, that'll pretty much be taken from them if 2ne1 gets a hit U.S. song/album first. i'd hate to think of people saying our girls are just riding on their coat tails when we all KNOW how hard they worked =__=! hmm, i know this is a HORRIBLE example but it's the first that came to mind (LOL!). everyone remember that kiss between madonna and britney spears? now, do you remember right after that kiss that madonna also kissed christina aguilera? yeah, alot of people don't remember the second kiss. the first one is the one that made "scandal" history even though the other kiss happened not even 30 seconds later to an equally popular young pop star.

but all in all, i'm just waiting and hoping. i'm a fan but i'm not too easily convinced either. i'm just crossing my fingers so bad that JYP and WG come HARD with this new album and just explode!

I hope I'm not too late to chime on on this, both posts were chord striking with me. Everyone has more or less said my opinion but I wanted to add, there's a lot of overestimation and underestimation going around...cough lol...but both groups have enough to worry about without comparisons. as posted by a previous person "Americans are a tough, rough, all around crude crowd." this is so true and I live in CA where people typecast us as easygoing surfers lol. I want to assure wonderfuls that the road to the american market won't be a cake walk for 21 and that the girls efforts in comparison will look like failure, both groups will have it harder than they did in korea and as of right now I really see 21 at the disadvantage in comparison to the wonder girls. I've read all around about how 'so & so' should debut in america but thats underestimating the american market, a lot of people make fun of rhianna's accent even though...she's rhianna lol I feel like I'm going in circles laaawlz, but everyone saying 21>WG (in other forums) is glossing over how harsh the american market is. Rhianna, katy perry, lady gaga even BEP worked for years like our girls have in order to get into mainstream popularity. instant success in america is a rarity so no worries about other groups debuting in america but lets all get excited cuz come summer time we're gonna be hearing new music! hollllaaaaaaaa. (crossing fingers for some solos/ yeeun composed songs etc etc I have enough cd's with tell me and nobody on it lol.) 

jcsmark :Wonder Girls currently working on BOTH their English and Korean album!!

blasted Irony to be honest after I read that LOL new albums = new music = <3 and ommggggg the article on snsd & wg's albums being at the same time *fans self* I thought it was 07 for a second there and I'm definitely can't wait for the special stages no doubt to come from them all promoting at the same time.

LOL in my rush to reply and read over I thought this guy in the picture that qoxie posted earlier was taeyang! LOL I was like WHATHE....LOL

35ko46d.jpg

yeeun's smile<3

Guest my2wonder

Wonder Girls dazzle at TWIN Towers @Live 2011

April 14, 2011 10:30 am   yiwei

korea-com-1-1024x751.jpg

Singapore –  As announced earlier, Wonder Girls were part of the line-up for the TWIN Towers @ Live 2011 in Kuala Lumpur, did any of our dear readers manage to catch them performing LIVE on the 8th?

Your humble reporter, yours truly, made my journey all the way from Singapore to Kuala Lumpur just to catch the Wonder Girls in action!

korea-yiwei.jpg

The Malaysian Wonder Girls fanclub came prepared with ballons, light-sticks and fanboards to cheer the Wonder Girls on!

dsc_00262-630x418.jpg

Source: http://en.korea.com/

rest of the artical  HERE

EDIT :

</h2>

<h2 class="entry-title">Wonder Girls appear in ‘American Teen Vogue’

by                          GhostWriter                                                  on                          April 13, 2011 at 4:06 pm                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                          20101211_wondergirls.jpg

BlackJacks were excited when 2NE1 was referenced in a story for the March issue of the American edition of ‘Teen Vogue’. Well, now, Wonderfuls should be excited as the Wonder Girls have a whole page dedicated to them!

It shows the girls looking very fashionable wearing various designer clothing and accessories. There’s even a excerpt about the girls by Alex Rees. Check it out below!

20110413_wondergirls-600x870.jpg

Source: allkpop

for the first time in my life that i've ever seen sohee looked so.. unpretty! gahh the make-up is just OFF! sohee has single-eyelid eyes, without eyeliner applied, and with pale make-up, it just makes her eyes looks smaller.. and i really think the photographer should chose another picture, i'm sure there are more pict taken. but somehow he chose THAT pict which the girls didnt look amazing in - which saddens me a lot!!

howver, on th good side, they ARE in American Teen Vogue, which shows how media are now accepting them in american market.

Guest pookmay

Wonder Girls featured in the May 2011 issue of Teen Vogue Magazine.

Lim surprised me for a sec lol and Sohee looks really adorable (Edit: omg just saw a clearer pic and Sohee's eyes look weird, definitely not the best pic of the girls)

*quoted image*

Credit 7Jon@twitter

me too

It one pic of all, right? I want to know.

I think it weird, but i like it bc the girls.

5555+

Guest wonderr23

1b058cdfd7f14fc2f1a6fdb50dc0690e_large.jpg

what did they do to the Wonder Girls -___- The concept is fine but the make-up was rather upsetting!! And i agree that they look so weird except Sunye. *cries in the corner*

But on a lighter note, am glad that the girls are featured in that popular magazine. So proud of them :D

Guest qoxie

qoxie: I remain as grateful and thankful for you as always. Thank you for everything you post literally, from the news reports and translations etc. With articles coming out and opinions flying I was getting so confused and couldn't understand the jumble happening about the girls comeback I was thinking this, then someone would say this but what you posted above just made everything in my head click. Right now I can't compose a good response but for the campaigning strategy and the scheduling of all this I go with what you said lol. sept is reasonable.  and the hong kong pics!<3

Well, JYPE Korea has now been quoted as saying WG has been recording 2 different-language albums, although their statement is too brief as to whether the Korean one is a single album, mini-album (EP) or full album (LP).

Who knows, JYPE may over-package the Korean product again, ala 'The Wonder Years Trilogy' (which was really a single album, but they added enough 'Nobody' remixes to persuade the public to buy it as a EP.)

But if it's a full Korean album, I speculate WG may switches bases to promote it at home, i.e. a 3-month campaign like during the Tell Me-Ebabo-So Hot period.

The tradeoff is I don't think WG may not be able to go to Europe or Australia, as planned hinted earlier.

I also wonder if Fredrik Odesjo's role is in all this, since he's a producer who is familiar working with Kpop & Jpop.

JYP may oversee WG's Korean material again, but he also tweeted some time back that he's taking a back seat of sorts. Did he delegate to Odesjo?

Overall, I got the feeling that the plans for the 2nd half of this year is still fluid as of now.

Like LIM "suddenly" tweeting today she's attending school. She usually does it when WG gets 2 weeks or so off in Korea.

Yet she didn't mention about doing this earlier, which suggests WG was likely doing something at JYPE (recording? new choreography?) even as the girls also sporadically shared online what they did socially (downtime?).

Her tweet is also a signal to me that WG is unlikely to attend the Channel [V] CMA Awards in Chengdu this weekend.

- - - - - - -

As for Teen Vogue: no comment since they were wearing sponsored clothes.

The creative stylist pretty much dictates the overall concept.

Guest i.said.goodbye

I know most people will disagree with me but I actually don't mind the photo shoot. Sure it's not the best picture that they could have taken but crap happens.. They still did well with what they were given and like qoxie said they were wearing sponsored clothing so it's not like they had a choice with the clothes they wore. However in saying that, I actually like the outfits especially Yubin's and Sunye's. They are super cute. The one thing I will complain about is the make up! What was the make up artist thinking? The girls have really pretty features naturally and light make up might have been better!

Guest wonderr23

BTW just a reminder! MBC Thailand Hallyu concert will be broadcasted on April 17th 6:15PM KST

To those who have MBC channel. This is the time according to your country:

Thailand: 4:15pm UTC+7

Malaysia: 5:15pm UTC+8

Singapore: 5:15pm UTC+8

Hong Kong Standard Time: 5:15pm UTC+8

China Standard Time: 5:15pm UTC+8

Taiwan: 5:15pm UTC+8

Guest r1988

I honestly I dont hate or have issue with concept of the photoshoot and the outfits that they were wearing as much I hate their makeup I mean all of them looked so dull and both of sohee and yeeun eyes makeup is a disaster so whoever did their makeup for the photoshoot need to be fired

Guest brisemarine

I honestly I dont hate or have issue with concept of the photoshoot and the outfits that they were wearing as much I hate their makeup I mean all of them looked so dull and both of sohee and yeeun eyes makeup is a disaster so whoever did their makeup for the photoshoot need to be fired

I totally agree with you. It's not about their outfits, which I like and suit them perfectly (even though it's a bit strange for me to see them wearing something that pink :lol:), but their horrible makeup. :crazy:

Lim doesn't look like Lim (and why is she so behind?!) they all look strange to me. But I can't complain, I'm happy they featured in one of the most read magazines! Even if I'd prefered a better image of them though.

Anyway...does anybody know if there's gonna be a full article?

Guest wonderr23

woot i love that all of you are so honest about their horrendous make-up! Wonderfuls are really honest! :wub: Actually they were able to portray the concept very well but that make-up is just...makes me want to choke slam the make-up artist! lololol

korean article about their Teen Vogue feature..

원더걸스, 美패션매거진 틴 보그 표지 장식

입력 : 2011-04-14 18:45:00

PP11041400126.JPG

[이데일리 SPN 연예팀] 걸그룹 원더걸스가 패션 매거진 틴 보그의 표지를 장식했다.

원더걸스는 13일 공식 홈페이지를 통해 "원더걸스가 2011년 틴보그 5월호에 나왔습니다"라는 글과 함께 화보를 공개했다.

화보에서 원더걸스는 복고풍의 의상으로 눈길을 끌었다. 특히 각자 화려한 색상의 의상을 소화해 깜찍한 매력을 보여주었다.

한편 원더걸스는 현재 새 음반작업에 한창이다.

이데일리 SPN 연예팀 spn@

Source: http://spn.edaily.co.kr/entertain/newsRead.asp?sub_cd=EA3&newsid=01597366596216120&DirCode=0010300&searchDate=&startArrow=0&strPage=1

Wonder Girls featured in American Teen Vogue magazine

2011-04-14 18:45:00

PP11041400126.JPG

[edaily Entertainment Team] Girlgroup Wondergirls are featured in fashion magazine Teen Vogue.

On the 13th, it was revealed through their official homepage along with their picture "Wonder Girls came out on the May 2011 edition of Teen Vogue".

In the pictorial, the Wonder Girls are dressed in retro style which draws the attention of many. Especially the precocious charms that each one of them was able to portray.

Meanwhile Wonder Girls are currently busy with their recordings.

edaily Entertainment Team spn@

Source: http://spn.edaily.co.kr/entertain/newsRead.asp?sub_cd=EA3&newsid=01597366596216120&DirCode=0010300&searchDate=&startArrow=0&strPage=1

Guest qoxie

^

Actually I was thinking Sohee's makeup is similar to how some US mags had tried to restyle Jeon Ji Hyun ('My Sassy Girl).

They purposely went against smoky eye makeup, which is something Korean female celebrities is very associated with.

IMO The effect would have probably been better if they did not over-style the hair &/or wear less garish clothes.

Then again, this is Vogue. Like all fashion mags (eg. Sunye for W Korea), there is always going to be a high degree of haunte couture & experimentation involved.

- - - - - - -

BTW Yeeun tweeted last night that she was writing songs, according to a fan's Chinese translation I saw.

- - - - - - -

WG's KLCC concert coverage in Malaysia's Epop magazine, issue #306

The text mostly talked about the media getting kicked out after WG's 2nd song (& thus no Hoobastank details or photos to share).

It also mentioned WG's onstage banter ("How are you? We are WG" etc. in Malay) & LIM saying she missed Malaysia.

0VOUyl.jpg

Cr: as tagged

- - - - - - - - - -

According to reference photos, Sohee's attire is supposed to be see-through. Imagine the headlines if a less modest photo was published!

YeBin also apparently shared an outfit. One wore the top & the other the bottom.

Ht8Py.jpg

Guest *bluebutterfly*

I agree, the clothes are not much of a problem but the make-up is really weird.

When i saw it last night, my thoughts were Sohee looks like a child, and Lim kind of resembles Junho in the pic but with a sharp v-line. xD I don't really like the orange on Yeeun's lids and I think Sunye and Yoobin don't that bad. But having a page to themselves in Teen Vogue is a good thing! :D

I wonder if any of Yeeun's songs will be included in the album .. It would be nice. ^^ I would like to hear some more of Yeeun's songs.

Archived